TrailerTrash

TrailerTrash

Just Passing Through
Oct 10, 2019
Ok people .... really? There's a huge mix of good and also very bad information on this thread. Nitrogen makes up the bulk (78 percent) of the air that humans breathe in and out, considering human bodies have no use for it. Second place belongs to oxygen (EACH BREATH = 21 percent in, 16 percent out) and at a distant third is carbon dioxide (EACH BREATH = 0.04 percent in, 4 percent out). Other trace elements exist in exhaled air, such as argon (0.09 percent both ways, again because humans don't use it). Human beings also exhale water vapor, a byproduct of cellular respiration, at a rate that varies depending on the person, their health and other factors. The human body's alarm to CO2 is real and, by design, intended to tell you that your damn head has been in a bag or under your bed covers too long and you need oxygen. The body does not react with the same alarm to nitrogen, if it did we'd all be in a F-n' panic since air is already 78 percent nitrogen. The soda lime in the ReBreather is basically the same granulated substance used in respirators, although it may not have the same indicator additive to alert the hospital clinician that the soda lime is becoming exhausted (clinics generally replace based on usage time not color as the color change isn't always the most reliable). The ReBreather, as shown/designed, can and will work provided the user doesn't have severe enough seizures while unconscious to dislodge the mask. Yes, anyone can make the device at home and soda lime is easy/cheap to buy; however, the ReBreather, if actually available and obtainable, has already done a nice design with sufficient soda lime quantities, filters to keep any lime dust out of your lungs (a good idea given its caustic nature), expandable bag to receive breaths while keeping the system closed, weird but functional carrying/use case, and a cheap but likely sufficient mask. I just wish people would focus on making one or buying one .... whatever .... and just stop spouting nonsense. PLEASE!!

• Love
Reactions: Abgrundanziehung, pthnrdnojvsc, enjolras and 10 others
J

JacobsCracker

Mar 16, 2020
Ok people .... really? There's a huge mix of good and also very bad information on this thread. Nitrogen makes up the bulk (78 percent) of the air that humans breathe in and out, considering human bodies have no use for it. Second place belongs to oxygen (EACH BREATH = 21 percent in, 16 percent out) and at a distant third is carbon dioxide (EACH BREATH = 0.04 percent in, 4 percent out). Other trace elements exist in exhaled air, such as argon (0.09 percent both ways, again because humans don't use it). Human beings also exhale water vapor, a byproduct of cellular respiration, at a rate that varies depending on the person, their health and other factors. The human body's alarm to CO2 is real and, by design, intended to tell you that your damn head has been in a bag or under your bed covers too long and you need oxygen. The body does not react with the same alarm to nitrogen, if it did we'd all be in a F-n' panic since air is already 78 percent nitrogen. The soda lime in the ReBreather is basically the same granulated substance used in respirators, although it may not have the same indicator additive to alert the hospital clinician that the soda lime is becoming exhausted (clinics generally replace based on usage time not color as the color change isn't always the most reliable). The ReBreather, as shown/designed, can and will work provided the user doesn't have severe enough seizures while unconscious to dislodge the mask. Yes, anyone can make the device at home and soda lime is easy/cheap to buy; however, the ReBreather, if actually available and obtainable, has already done a nice design with sufficient soda lime quantities, filters to keep any lime dust out of your lungs (a good idea given its caustic nature), expandable bag to receive breaths while keeping the system closed, weird but functional carrying/use case, and a cheap but likely sufficient mask. I just wish people would focus on making one or buying one .... whatever .... and just stop spouting nonsense. PLEASE!!

Thanks for info. Can you suggest ways to not remove mask while in use?

TrailerTrash

TrailerTrash

Just Passing Through
Oct 10, 2019
There are two choices. A full face CPAP mask (you'll need to block the vent holes they design into CPAP masks), but if you don't have a prescription they aren't that easy to buy unless someone happens to be selling one online with or without a CPAP machine. The other option is to buy a heavier-duty dust/fumes construction face mask from a safety supply or hardware store - with removable filter attachment - that straps around the head. There would be some work put into adapting the ReBreather hose to the filter connection of the purchased dust/fumes mask ....... mostly just some bits of hose.

Last edited:
Reactions: enjolras
TrailerTrash

TrailerTrash

Just Passing Through
Oct 10, 2019
Once you are unconscious, I think you won't be able to move.
The seizures are involuntary. Similar to what happens during partial hanging. Your body may disconnect movement during sleep, in most cases unless you have sleep issues, so you don't react to dreams, but when your brain is dying due to oxygen deprivation the seizures are involuntary and generally (or almost always) occur.

Reactions: Wrennie, Soul and Halo13
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020

This was glorious. Thank you.

Reactions: Soul and HelensNepenthe
Notabadguy

Notabadguy

Mage
Feb 7, 2020
There are two choices. A full face CPAP mask, but if you don't have a prescription they aren't that easy to buy unless someone happens to be selling one online with or without a CPAP machine. The other option is to buy a heavier-duty dust/fumes construction face mask from a safety supply or hardware store - with removable filter attachment - that straps around the head. There would be some work put into adapting the ReBreather hose to the filter connection of the purchased dust/fumes mask ....... mostly just some bits of hose.
What about sticking strong adhesive tape onto the border of the mask and your face, and also wrapping the mask from front to back?

Donk

Donk

Useless since day 1
Jan 3, 2020

Source

Reactions: Soul, mediocre, Halo13 and 2 others
J

JacobsCracker

Mar 16, 2020
There are two choices. A full face CPAP mask (you'll need to block the vent holes they design into CPAP masks), but if you don't have a prescription they aren't that easy to buy unless someone happens to be selling one online with or without a CPAP machine. The other option is to buy a heavier-duty dust/fumes construction face mask from a safety supply or hardware store - with removable filter attachment - that straps around the head. There would be some work put into adapting the ReBreather hose to the filter connection of the purchased dust/fumes mask ....... mostly just some bits of hose.

Thanks! Do you think the crystals would perish if the package was wrapped up and stored outside? UK climate.

Have you watched the second video on the R2D website? I'd say duct tape it closed over the Velcro flaps.

I've seen two of the animated videos. If only we could lay down and go to sleep on the couch N style. I'm more concerned to see whether the product is legit at the moment like everybody else here.

What about sticking strong adhesive tape onto the border of the mask and your face, and also wrapping the mask from front to back?

I thought about polyfiller or glue/super glue. Might be a little ott, but I imagine pushing down too hard on the mask may have an adverse effect and affect the seal in places.

Reactions: Halo13 and Notabadguy
enjolras

enjolras

Dead are useless if not to love the living more
Feb 13, 2020
Facebook Exit Int. weekly stream session available

Most memorable quote in my book, coming as conclusion, which confirms base suspicion of absolute novelty (not a single case supervised yet) :
"I cannot really tell you with confidence that this is going to work fantastically, but we think it looks like it's well worth a second look."

Otherwise, not much new to remember. Reaffirms that seal leakage seems principal concern, that should have been vastly solved. Insists Exit is not involved directly. Confirms that, from feedback, the distribution has not been flawless. Repeats hope to get video recordings from volunteers (nothing about it being shared, let alone "live", unlike was suggested at the previous page of this topic)

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Abgrundanziehung, Overnoutofhere, GoodPersonEffed and 2 others
Donk

Donk

Useless since day 1
Jan 3, 2020
Facebook Exit Int. weekly stream session available

Most memorable quote in my book, coming as conclusion, which confirms base suspicion of absolute novelty (not a single case supervised yet) :
"I cannot really tell you with confidence that this is going to work fantastically, but we think it looks like it's well worth a second look."

Otherwise, not much new to remember. Reaffirms that seal leakage seems principal concern, that should have been vastly resolved. Insists Exit is not involved directly. Confirms that, from feedback, the distribution has not been flawless. Repeats hope to get video recordings from volunteers

his commentary didnt give me too much comfort. i wont be using it until its proven to work. hopefully enough people will volunteer to be guinea pigs. the larger the sample size the better.

Reactions: TrailerTrash, Ἡγησίας, enjolras and 1 other person
enjolras

enjolras

Feb 13, 2020
I think that a lot of people is being far too critical. It will have the effect that people with access to the Exit Int forum, who have gently shared information with us, aren't going to do that anymore.
I understand the regrets to miss being "kept in the loop", flooded with abundance, even if that translates into sub-par quality, bias. Members come and go, it's a parade. If in need to get ahold of sticky facts, there's always a way. More than a single person (kind and disinterested) are members of both forums, at any time. Ultimately, work it out in PM (at least, it worked for me this way)

Last edited:
Reactions: Notabadguy
S

spanishguy22

Enlightened
Apr 9, 2019

Could someone email Richard asking about this? For example, asking if can you duct tape the whole mask, to make sure it sticks to the face? For added security

Reactions: Overnoutofhere
Overnoutofhere

Overnoutofhere

Mar 30, 2020
Hi there. Did you have any issues with your order, from beginning to end? I'm in the US, and would be using PayPal. Thank you.
There's a couple steps in the ordering process one of them is verification of your ID and age once you submit that, it takes you back to your address page once I tried to submit my order and it put all the information in I did get an error on verification of my address
all I did was hit submit again under my address section and it cleared the error and then I was able to submit the order so my advice play with it, be patient. I has a couple issues but you can work through them.
I did not see a PayPal button for the ordering of the product the PayPal option came up to pay for the shipping only so I don't know if that matters but I use my visa card for the products and PayPal for the shipping.

Last edited:
liverpoolfan

liverpoolfan

Student
Jun 10, 2019
Yeah there's nothing here that can't be fixed with a judicious use of duct tape.

Reactions: Notabadguy
Notabadguy

Notabadguy

Mage
Feb 7, 2020
his commentary didnt give me too much comfort. i wont be using it until its proven to work. hopefully enough people will volunteer to be guinea pigs. the larger the sample size the better.
First, I have to say that, without subtitles, I don't understand everything in English, but I think he didn't talk about possible sequelaes if the attempt fails. I think that the device is supposed to work, and if it fails (leak in the fitting of the mask) you don't die and that's all. Am I wrong? What happens if the mask doesn't leak until the seizures happen? I don't know but what I suppose is that if the process is advanced the leak won't be enough to stop death. Am I wrong?

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Ἡγησίας
M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
I got a confirmation and tracking number from RocketExpress this morning though Protonmail but not my regular email. Anyone else?

Notabadguy

Notabadguy

Mage
Feb 7, 2020
I got a confirmation and tracking number from RocketExpress this morning though Protonmail but not my regular email. Anyone else?
Why Protonmail? Were you able to do the arrangemetns or were you helped by Richard?

M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
Why Protonmail? Were you able to do the arrangemetns or were you helped by Richard?
I have no idea. I contacted Richard on Protonmail on Saturday. I don't know how RocketExpress would've gotten my protonemail unless Richard told them. Also I got a tracking number but no link to the website to track it too. I looked up the RocketExpress site and there doesn't seem to be a way to track your order on there. Confused.

Notabadguy

Notabadguy

Mage
Feb 7, 2020
I have no idea. I contacted Richard on Protonmail on Saturday. I don't know how RocketExpress would've gotten my protonemail unless Richard told them. Also I got a tracking number but no link to the website to track it too. I looked up the RocketExpress site and there doesn't seem to be a way to track your order on there. Confused.
What about calling to Rocket Express? I called last Saturday and they told me to call back Tuesday. I'm confused with this whole thing too.

Reactions: mediocre
M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
What about calling to Rocket Express? I called last Saturday and they told me to call back Tuesday. I'm confused with this whole thing too.
I would but I am not great at talking on the phone. I'm going to wait and see if it arrives within the next week or 2. I will update here with pictures if I receive it. Why did RocketExpress tell you to call back Tuesday?

Notabadguy

Notabadguy

Mage
Feb 7, 2020
Maybe Tuesday is holiday in UK? It's in some places in Spain.

M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
Maybe Tuesday is holiday in UK? It's in some places in Spain.
Oh maybe they told you to call back tomorrow because it was the Easter weekend. I think both Friday and Monday are holidays:) I hope that they give you more information when you call back please post here if they do.

enjolras

enjolras

Feb 13, 2020
The seizures are involuntary. Similar to what happens during partial hanging. Your body may disconnect movement during sleep, in most cases unless you have sleep issues, so you don't react to dreams, but when your brain is dying due to oxygen deprivation the seizures are involuntary and generally (or almost always) occur.

1355AC78 6F27 4605 8513 CCE378E28B11 4DE32FC6 F004 413A 9AFF BD7FF0EEA55F

This report of the inert gas method (hypoxia), undertook over a rather generous sample basis (121 cases), suggests that seizures (confirmed after unconsciousness achieved - the 2min mark being the max) happened only 50% of the time, which would be more optimistic.
Their observation didn't describe this stage as brutally violent of an earthquake nature but manageable, not extending too long in time. The leg and arm movements seemed to indicate a lack of amplitude and some weakness.
This is hopeful. Of course, it will be wiser to prepare for the nastiest scenario (epileptic Ian Curtis dancing at its prime)

Brainstorming out loud, with some out of sight shameful simulation exercice
Positioned lying flat on one's back, since the ReBreather permits it, the advantage would be that it's impossible to fall below ground level (except to Hell), arms and legs wouldn't be safe from surface collision but not impactful. The head may be more exposed than not leaning against something. The straps should be well fixed and resist to friction. For the face mask to hit the ground from body movement, it would require a cumulative torso plus neck torsion at the same time, cause when the neck is relaxed, it hardly turns past 75 degrees left or right by itself. Unlikely.
Compared to being seated, lying on the back, the arms may meet less resistance, be more free of movement due to physics and context (rotational drive for given amount of force), but at a out of reach distance for the hands to involuntarily hit the mask in place. More likely, the tube area would be closer to reach, with the carrying bag interfering somewhat along the way. SM enthusiasts may consider handcuffs (joking)
Being seated, if the animal is quite short / voluptuously breasted ? and the carrying bag, attached to torso, bulky, may be impractical (to verify). Still being seated, the hands may become at an adequate distance to reach the middle of the head, depending on head to torso angle, but as reviewed before, unlikely that Mike Tyson uppercut punch trials beat the gravity.
Finally, in the video instructions, the length of the tubes seem short, hope they come with enough freedom excess to satisfy any funky position / movement, without causing displacement or dislocation (to verify again)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Donk, TrailerTrash, Halo13 and 1 other person
enjolras

enjolras

Feb 13, 2020
There's a couple steps in the ordering process one of them is verification of your ID and age

Ah, you need to submit ID ? I hope they store this data properly, with good standards

By the way, in the background of the contact form, Protonmail should be setup by default instead of Gmail (I'm speaking like I'm read or the info is passed on)

It was taken it account apparently (...)
now, automatic end-to-end encryption is supported , when Protonmail is entered by the inquirer and pursued

Last edited:
TrailerTrash

TrailerTrash

Just Passing Through
Oct 10, 2019
There's a couple steps in the ordering process one of them is verification of your ID and age once you submit that, it takes you back to your address page once I tried to submit my order and it put all the information in I did get an error on verification of my address
all I did was hit submit again under my address section and it cleared the error and then I was able to submit the order so my advice play with it, be patient. I has a couple issues but you can work through them.
I did not see a PayPal button for the ordering of the product the PayPal option came up to pay for the shipping only so I don't know if that matters but I use my visa card for the products and PayPal for the shipping.
Exactly what type of ID verification is needed? Copy of some type of government-issued ID such as drivers license or something? Would like to know what is required since it bodes to relative level of purchase anonymity. Thanks