Notabadguy

Notabadguy

Mage
Feb 7, 2020
Ah, you need to submit ID ? I hope they store this data properly, with good standards
I recall reading something about deleting automatically your data, the purpose is only verify that your are at least 21 years-old.

Reactions: enjolras
enjolras

enjolras

Dead are useless if not to love the living more
Feb 13, 2020
I recall reading something about deleting automatically your data, the purpose is only verify that your are at least 21 years-old.

May I ask how you deposit the document ? Is it through an online form (in that case, website security matters) or attached by mail, after being requested to ?

Reactions: TrailerTrash
LMLN

LMLN

Paragon
Aug 10, 2019
Ah, you need to submit ID ? I hope they store this data properly, with good standards

Exactly what type of ID verification is needed? Copy of some type of government-issued ID such as drivers license or something? Would like to know what is required since it bodes to relative level of purchase anonymity. Thanks
No ID to upload. You put in your name and address and it must be verified from there through public records.

• Hugs
Reactions: Halo13, TrailerTrash, GoodPersonEffed and 2 others
K

knowman

Jan 15, 2020
No ID to upload. You put in your name and address and it must be verified from there through public records.
This morning the Debreather website states that they are out of stock, and that there will be more in a few days. Did anyone experience smoother transactions yesterday before this announcement? Hopefully some of the wrinkles have been worked out.

Notabadguy

Notabadguy

Mage
Feb 7, 2020
This morning the Debreather website states that they are out of stock, and that there will be more in a few days. Did anyone experience smoother transactions yesterday before this announcement? Hopefully some of the wrinkles have been worked out.
I'm stuck. There are people who didn't have problem, and there are people whose payment has been rejected (theres is in pendient operations of the credit card, and there it remains, nor effective nor cleared) and, like me, are stuck.

• Hugs
Reactions: Halo13
LMLN

LMLN

Paragon
Aug 10, 2019
I'm stuck. There are people who didn't have problem, and there are people whose payment has been rejected (theres is in pendient operations of the credit card, and there it remains, nor effective nor cleared) and, like me, are stuck.
I had my payment rejected, AND I got a tracking number. Go figure. I do think they will be available again for order in a short time.

• Wow
Reactions: GoodPersonEffed
Notabadguy

Notabadguy

Mage
Feb 7, 2020
I'm in the same situation than you. I got a tracking number. What happens if you want to try to make the shipping arrengements? I'm redirected from the link in ther order to RocketExpress site and there I can't do anything.

I want my ReBreather so bad!

Reactions: Busdriver
LMLN

LMLN

Paragon
Aug 10, 2019
I'm in the same situation than you. I got a tracking number. What happens if you want to try to make the shipping arrengements? I'm redirected from the link in ther order to RocketExpress site and there I can't do anything.

I want my ReBreather so bad!
If you got a tracking number, it sounds like you already made your shipping arrangements. Were you charged for the shipping cost?

Notabadguy

Notabadguy

Mage
Feb 7, 2020
No, I don't have a tracking number, I do have an order number from Rocket Express, but the charge is pendent in my credit card. There will be no charge. I'm stuck.

Q

qwerty32

I tried.
Apr 13, 2020
Currently trying to order the device. I'm getting the disposable rebreather cartridge since the other two links say there's no more stock. But still I am constantly getting an error when after inputting my information.

HelensNepenthe

HelensNepenthe

Thoughtful poster
Jan 17, 2019
if the R2D site still has this error, I would encourage that you do not use other links to purchase.

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
The member who posted the FAQ thread deleted it, but I noticed lots of folks had good questions. I've posted a new, questions-only thread. I can't guarantee the questions will get to R2D, I have no relationship with them and will not be reaching out, but at least there is now a central place for questions about the method and for technical questions about the product.

Please read the full OP, it is not a discussion thread, just a place to drop questions.

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/thre...ons-read-op-before-posting.36675/#post-680186

Edit: Some folks asked questions on this thread, including @faust (some questions were quoted in the OP of the above thread, don't know if there were more) and @enjolras. So if you posted a question here, you might want to re-post it in a comment there. I didn't feel like going through 12 pages of this thread to find questions.

Last edited:
Reactions: Abgrundanziehung, enjolras, Ἡγησίας and 1 other person
HelensNepenthe

HelensNepenthe

Thoughtful poster
Jan 17, 2019
1. What is the shelf life of an unopened ReBreather?

Two notable resources, the R2D's User Instruction manual, and the Peaceful Pill Handbook, have two similar answers.

Do NOT open the sealed bag that contains the R2D ReBreather more than 3 – 5 days prior to its intended use. The bag provides a gas barrier that ensures a long shelf-life for the CO2-absorbing granules that are critical to the proper function of the ReBreather.

BUT IF YOU DO OPEN THE BARRIER BAG: After familiarizing yourself with the ReBreather (e.g., trying the masks, mask straps, the chinstrap, etc.), you can preserve the shelf life of the CO2 absorption granules by resealing the barrier bag with a hot clothes iron (cotton setting/no steam).
- - -
R2D User Instruction Manual

The DeBreather RPA Test (with inert gas comparison)
[...]
Storage (5/5) With soda lime scrubber kept is the sealed plastic packaging bag, shelf life should be many years.
- - -
Peaceful Pill Handbook March 2020

If you carefully store the debreather in a non-humid, dry environment, there should be at minimum a shelf life of two years and a maximum of five years. This is purely speculative based on how long manufactuers cite their shelf life.

- - -

2. Is it possible to replace the soda lime granules with new ones?
I am unsure. The canisters certainly could be refilled with slight modification. We won't have any definitive answers until someone opens the packaging.

Reactions: Overnoutofhere, enjolras and tooStupidForExitBag
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
I was wondering why some folks call it a DeBreather when the product is called the ReBreather.

Rebreathers have been around for awhile, you can read about them on Wikipedia.

The PPH calls it a DeBreather.

I googled "debreather" and it is specifically for euthanasia.

The ReBreather is marketed as a rebreather device that can be used by emergency services personnel if fitted with supplementary oxygen. So perhaps it's called a ReBreather and marketed as one so that it is not an illegal device for euthanasia...even though there's a video on the site that demonstrates how to ctb with it.

Reactions: TrailerTrash and enjolras
enjolras

enjolras

Feb 13, 2020
As for myself, I only named it wrong not paying attention, until your insistence caught my attention.
I thought it was initially called DeBreather on the R2D site at the very beginning, with a more awkward agressive propaganda, but maybe I dreamt it and my memory fails me. I wanted to verify this with the cache history of the site but it was unavailable.
Just now, I'm starting to save snapshot captures of the site, to evaluate over time, with traces, if the communication messages change drastically and how ...it's my way of having hedgehog spikes out, turning in anti-bullshit defensive mode :)
The progression can be followed here https://web.archive.org/web/*/https://www.right2die.org/
5E860191 AD23 4B5C ADE1 6C08A38F7D44

If there's a will to achieve a higher density of historical evolution, to permit a later consultation into the past, everyone can archive newer site versions, on a day to day basis or when you think about it https://web.archive.org/
571E9C20 A9CB 45F1 9EBB EEFD9EBBFF9E

It doesn't help that Exit Int names it wrong all over the place online, at all social networks. People will memorise the mistake now.
I agree with you, we should make a coordinated effort to name it properly, since the new name is a much better cover whose connotation and evocation are much more appropriate.

Pff > I will be stuck for one more month in my microcosm land. The Coronavirus lock has just been extended for 1 month. I've got no fucking way to order anything new online. The borders are locked so I cannot pickup parcels at any neighbouring supported country, also not having ability to get stealth funding means (crypto) at shops that are closed, to pay a reshipper > standby hibernation continues

Last edited:
  • Aww..
Reactions: Halo13 and TrailerTrash
LMLN

LMLN

Paragon
Aug 10, 2019
Two notable resources, the R2D's User Instruction manual, and the Peaceful Pill Handbook, have two similar answers.

If you carefully store the debreather in a non-humid, dry environment, there should be at minimum a shelf life of two years and a maximum of five years. This is purely speculative based on how long manufactuers cite their shelf life.

- - -

I am unsure. The canisters certainly could be refilled with slight modification. We won't have any definitive answers until someone opens the packaging.
I wish they would have packaged the device with the masks/straps outside the sealed bag. I was hoping to get comfortable with the mask long before I use the device. I know it can be resealed, but I will be paranoid that I did not reseal it enough to preserve the granules.

Reactions: Wrennie, TrailerTrash, Donk and 1 other person
Notabadguy

Notabadguy

Mage
Feb 7, 2020
If I get it, and I intend to use it, I'll use it straight away, What if you don't reseal it properly? Once, you've taken your decision, if, sadly, this is CTB, I think it's better to use the device straight away.

• Hugs
Reactions: TrailerTrash, Donk and LMLN
W

Walilamdzi

Mar 21, 2019
I've been interested in this method since I first read about it, but all these issues with ordering aren't very reassuring.

Reactions: Halo13 and TrailerTrash
Notabadguy

Notabadguy

Mage
Feb 7, 2020
I've been interested in this method since I first read about it, but all these issues with ordering aren't very reassuring.
Not everybody is having issues with the ordering. There are people who have already a track number.

H

Hoopali

Apr 6, 2020
Not everybody is having issues with the ordering. There are people who have already a track number.

They have tracking numbers but do they have the website to track? I seem to recall someone in this thread earlier mentioned they didn't provide the website to go with the tracking number.

Has anyone actually received theirs yet? I'm still looking at EB but am keeping an interested eye on this thread (the other eye isn't interested at all, that one just wants to gaze into the distance thinking about its existence, which is quite annoying for both it and me).

Notabadguy

Notabadguy

Mage
Feb 7, 2020
I called today to Rocket Express, in spite of my bad English, and it was frustating. I said to them that I had an order number, but that the site didn't allow me to make the shipments arrangements, besides appearing the charge in the credit card as pendent. They told me that my order number didn't show in their system, and because of that they weren't able to tell me anything. On other hand, my bank told me that the failed charge won't disappear for 10 days. I'm in a loop. I'm going to miss the next batch of DeBreathers too. I don't know what else to do.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Halo13, mediocre, Ἡγησίας and 2 others
Notabadguy

Notabadguy

Mage
Feb 7, 2020
Enjolras, as far as I know, if you want to pay using a PayPal invoice, you need someone who generates that invoice. This was offered to me by Richard Avocet, but only if I can't pay using my credit card when the next batch comes (Friday, probably). I know I won't be able to pay with my credit card because paying twice when the first failed charge is still pendent doesn't work for me, and also because if the first try failed, for whatever reason, the second one will fail too, because nothing has changed.

I'm afraid of exhasperating RA with my problems, I just want to pay, make the shippments arrengements and wait for the device.

Last edited:
enjolras

enjolras

Feb 13, 2020
Pretend you're encountering a technical difficulty on the site to get a PayPal invoice (two actually) generated, to pay as a backorder before next batch. That's the proposition in such case. It will book a unit

Last edited:
Notabadguy

Notabadguy

Mage
Feb 7, 2020
Finally, I got my PayPal invoice for the device. I paid it, Now I only need another one for the shipment. And having done that, just wait.

• Hugs
Reactions: Halo13, mediocre and LMLN
N

nirvana

Mar 14, 2019
Hello, has somebody succesfully ordered their de/rebreather to europe? (by successfull i mean have you received your tracking number and the payment went through?) i tried but it didnt work for whatever reason. R. is not answering my emails though , although i already got a receipt confirming my purchase but the Money never left my bank account, which is really weird.

Last edited:
Q

qwerty32

I tried.
Apr 13, 2020
R is probably dealing with lots of emails. I receive some responses from them.

Notabadguy

Notabadguy

Mage
Feb 7, 2020
Now I also have the PayPal invoice for the shippment too, I don't still have the tracking number, but I was told that I'll receive it shortly.

Does anybody know if we'll be charged with additional customs payments?

tooStupidForExitBag

tooStupidForExitBag

Mar 13, 2020
Just received this response from R regarding when I can expect my package to ship:
"I am unable to give you a firm answer, but I have just sent an angry note to the support team at BoxC Logistics asking why your package has not already been shipped. There's no excuse for the delay on their part, and I will follow up and report back as soon as I hear from them. If I had to guess, your package will find its way out the door very, very soon!"

Honestly I become a bit skeptical whenever someone tries to shift blame, but hopefully very soon actually means very soon.

Also I got a tracking number but no link to the website to track it too. I looked up the RocketExpress site and there doesn't seem to be a way to track your order on there. Confused.
Have you tried the BoxC Logistics website? They have a page for tracking your packages.

Reactions: Halo13, Ἡγησίας, enjolras and 2 others
M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
Just received this response from R regarding when I can expect my package to ship:
"I am unable to give you a firm answer, but I have just sent an angry note to the support team at BoxC Logistics asking why your package has not already been shipped. There's no excuse for the delay on their part, and I will follow up and report back as soon as I hear from them. If I had to guess, your package will find its way out the door very, very soon!"

Honestly I become a bit skeptical whenever someone tries to shift blame, but hopefully very soon actually means very soon.

Have you tried the BoxC Logistics website? They have a page for tracking your packages.
Yes I have a kind soul already send me the link!

• Hugs
Reactions: LMLN and tooStupidForExitBag