enjolras

enjolras

Dead are useless if not to love the living more
Feb 13, 2020
Absolutely different than breathing the same air into a bag where CO2 would build up, causing alarm, pain and distress. The death reason, oxygen deprivation, will ultimately be the same, however the peacefulness and ability to go through cannot be compared. The challenge here is not about dying with certainty, but dying comfortably

Last edited:
Reactions: Epsilon0, Walilamdzi, liverpoolfan and 1 other person
H

Halnas

Apr 11, 2020
CO2 does not cause alarm, pain or distress.

• Hmph!
Reactions: Abgrundanziehung, Disco Biscuit, GoodPersonEffed and 2 others
Notabadguy

Notabadguy

Mage
Feb 7, 2020

You dont' know what you're talking about. Please don't derail the thread. There has been scientific research for twenty years (you can google it). And Exit International is on the public eye, has a reputation.

By calling it scam you might do immense harm to us.

Reactions: Abgrundanziehung, Didymus, Disco Biscuit and 3 others
Notabadguy

Notabadguy

Mage
Feb 7, 2020
The device is on sale. So, what matters now, what this thread should be about, is about the tecnical questions to get the device. Obviouly, they divided the process to avoid possible legal problems.

Last edited:
Notabadguy

Notabadguy

Mage
Feb 7, 2020
I don't know, but what I do know is that CO method is not reliable, you can check statistics (i.e AllHopeLost) and you'll see that there are great chances of failures.

But this thread is not about CO. I think we should focus on the ReBreather. There are threads about CO method.

Donk

Donk

Useless since day 1
Jan 3, 2020
I don't know, but what I do know is that CO method is not reliable, you can check statistics (i.e AllHopeLost) and you'll see that there are great chances of failures.

But this thread is not about CO. I think we should focus on the ReBreather. There are threads about CO method.

ive deleted my post.

• Hugs
Reactions: Notabadguy
H

Halnas

Apr 11, 2020
You dont' know what you're talking about. Please don't derail the thread. There has been scientific research for twenty years (you can google it).
If you breath in a bag and mange to magically seal it off so that no air from the outside comes in (something that the DeBreather claims to be able to do with a cheap mask and two straps), the concentration of CO2 never exceeds 20%. You end up breathing 80% nitrogen and 20% CO2. Neither is toxic. Neither does cause pain or distress. You fade away because you breath a gas that has no oxygen.
The filter is useless and just adds resistence to your breath and makes breathing more uncomfortable.

This is a pressure chamber. filled just with CO2. And just some try to get out (animals want to get out of a closed pressure chamber room?) and even on those your document says that distress might be caused by how it reacts with the eyes. CO2 is used in anesthesia.
I could also claim that nitrogen causes you to bubble like a soda in extreme horrible pain and bring you the example of decompression sickness. Also wouldn't apply here.
If you think that CO2 is a problem. Take a plastic bag and breath into it for a few minutes. Do you feel pain or distress?

If you don't think that it's a scam, just look at the picture of what it is and think for yourself if that justifies 175$.
If someone charges your 10 times of what the parts are actually worth, how much do you trust their word?

HelensNepenthe

HelensNepenthe

Thoughtful poster
Jan 17, 2019
Your hypercapnic response will trigger involuntarily when your body realizes there is too much CO2. If placing a turkey bag over your head was easy in self-deliverance, there would be no justifiable reason for anyone to not go through with that method. Placing a bag over your head and allowing it to be filled with CO2 is not a reliable way out. There are more failures with the method than successes. Your body will find a way to get that bag off your head. This isn't technical.

Last edited:
Reactions: Abgrundanziehung, Walilamdzi, liverpoolfan and 3 others
Notabadguy

Notabadguy

Mage
Feb 7, 2020
If you breath in a bag and mange to magically seal it off so that no air from the outside comes in (something that the DeBreather claims to be able to do with a cheap mask and two straps), the concentration of CO2 never exceeds 20%. You end up breathing 80% nitrogen and 20% CO2. Neither is toxic. Neither does cause pain or distress. You fade away because you breath a gas that has no oxygen.
The filter is useless and just adds resistence to your breath and makes breathing more uncomfortable.

This is a pressure chamber. filled just with CO2. And just some try to get out (animals want to get out of a closed pressure chamber room?) and even on those your document says that distress might be caused by how it reacts with the eyes. CO2 is used in anesthesia.
I could also claim that nitrogen causes you to bubble like a soda in extreme horrible pain and bring you the example of decompression sickness. Also wouldn't apply here.
If you think that CO2 is a problem. Take a plastic bag and breath into it for a few minutes. Do you feel pain or distress?

If you don't think that it's a scam, just look at the picture of what it is and think for yourself if that justifies 175$.
If someone charges your 10 times of what the parts are actually worth, how much do you trust their word?
You don't like the ReBreather. OK. Please don't derail the thread. Some people are still trying to buy it.

Reactions: liverpoolfan, TrailerTrash and Halo13
Alucard

Alucard

Wizard
Feb 8, 2019
What about France ? Can the Rebreather be sent in this country ?

Reactions: Ἡγησίας, sophie.zzz and Darkhaven
enjolras

enjolras

Feb 13, 2020
@Halnas You're trying very hard to play with words and concepts.

A death in a 100% CO2 atmosphere is the same as a death in a 100% Nitrogen atmosphere.
One case is CO2, the other one is Nitrogen, it makes a whole world of difference.
This is a pressure chamber. filled just with CO2.
Contradiction in arguing ?

That filter is just for show, it is a mask that makes you breath the air that you exhaled.
Think you confuse inhaled and exhaled air compositions. You don't breathe the air you exhale, but a chunk of it, since CO2 is blocked away, that's the purpose of the filter.

Question for you : is death toxic ? Now, we're gaming on the same playfield. No need to answer.

Here, you're in order. Thank you.
You're calling the art of trading / business a scam. How much do you trust N ? Fighting capitalism is a good cause to applaud (I share it). It comes with a price tag, we had our eyes opened.
We applied skepticism + criticism several times in this thread about the potential hidden motivations, professionalism, product, etc. We're not happy-go-lucky clients. Please reread it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Abgrundanziehung, liverpoolfan, GoodPersonEffed and 1 other person
HelensNepenthe

HelensNepenthe

Thoughtful poster
Jan 17, 2019
What about France ? Can the Rebreather be sent in this country ?
I made a list (deleted it after posting) of countries listed that the logistics company could ship to. These were the countries in the drop-down menu.
  • United States
  • Canada
  • Australia
  • United Kingdom
  • Austria
  • Belgium
  • Brunei
  • Croatia
  • Czech Republic
  • Denmark
  • Estonia
  • France
  • Germany
  • Greece
  • Hungary
  • Indonesia
  • Ireland
  • Italy
  • Latvia
  • Lithuania
  • Luxembourg
  • Malaysia
  • Netherlands
  • Philippines
  • Poland
  • Portugal
  • Romania
  • Singapore
  • Slovakia
  • Slovenia
  • Spain
  • Sweden
  • Thailand
  • Vietnam

Reactions: sophie.zzz, UnluckyFew, Alucard and 2 others
Darkhaven

Darkhaven

All i have left is memories
May 19, 2019
I made a list (deleted it after posting) of countries listed that the logistics company could ship to. These were the countries in the drop-down menu.
  • United States
  • Canada
  • Australia
  • United Kingdom
  • Austria
  • Belgium
  • Brunei
  • Croatia
  • Czech Republic
  • Denmark
  • Estonia
  • France
  • Germany
  • Greece
  • Hungary
  • Indonesia
  • Ireland
  • Italy
  • Latvia
  • Lithuania
  • Luxembourg
  • Malaysia
  • Netherlands
  • Philippines
  • Poland
  • Portugal
  • Romania
  • Singapore
  • Slovakia
  • Slovenia
  • Spain
  • Sweden
  • Thailand
  • Vietnam
Hmm, interesting span of availability.
There is still the matter of the costumes.
That price tag is more than 5 times the maximum ammount they let pass without taxation here.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ἡγησίας
enjolras

enjolras

Feb 13, 2020
(Yep, just below taxation level here, shipping included). If RE were to not use private courriers (to figure out), and it ends up into the hands of the national postal services, customs declaration may not be mandatory when entering our country, then there's more chances to avoid paying custom fees from unfortunate interception.

Last edited:
Notabadguy

Notabadguy

Mage
Feb 7, 2020
Bad news. I emailed Richard. The inventory is already exhausted until next Friday.

• Wow
  • Aww..
Reactions: mediocre and enjolras
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
@Notabadguy and @Overnoutofhere, respectfully, questioning the intentions of Richard Avocet and @vpstories is not derailing or drama. See the title of the thread. These have been valuable conversations to a community of vulnerable people. I empathize with your valid senses of need and want, but they can override reason. That's human nature. Read the book Persuasion. See the Manipulation Tactics thread and read the OP alongside Richard's communications shared here. He's so slick, he slides uphill.

@Notabadguy, saying the ReBreather will get taken away if we call out bullshit gives power to the bullshitter/manipulator. Desperation leads to vulnerability, and vulnerability leads to victimization. If Richard Avocet is legit, his actions will demonstrate that (they don't), and the ReBreather will be as simple and effective as claimed (we'll see, refer to thread title). I doubt he's going to take toys away from us naughty children who don't show appreciation, we represent a significant portion of his market.

@Halnas, you've made multiple comments that breathing CO2 is no big deal. Maybe you're confusing it with CO. Follow your own advice and put your head in a plastic bag and breathe, see how quickly you start panicking and experience distress. I've done it. Distress Central. It's a verified human response to suffocation. If breathing CO2 weren't stressful, there would be a lot of suicides by plastic bag. This is why you're getting angry reacts to your comments here. I have no problem with doubting the ReBreather, only with illogical arguments. You haven't proven the point you're attached to, and it's frustrating.

• Love
Reactions: Wrennie, Abgrundanziehung, Epsilon0 and 4 others
LMLN

LMLN

Paragon
Aug 10, 2019
Hmmm, my charge on my debit card went away.

• Wow
Reactions: mediocre and enjolras
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
That's like CTB by breathing into a bag.
How would filtering CO2 change anything? CO2 can't be taken by the lungs either. A death in a 100% CO2 atmosphere is the same as a death in a 100% Nitrogen atmosphere. You are dying because you are breathing non toxic gas without oxygen.

That filter is just for show, it is a mssk that makes you breath the air that you exhaled.

I suggest watching the second video on the R2D website, reading the SS thread We Can Make a Debreather!, and reading the Wikipedia link below. The science behind it is that the soda lime in the filter keeps CO2 from returning to the breathing environment (the mask), allowing nitrogen to naturally build up. One doesn't feel suffocation with nitrogen, as opposed to CO2, so no distress response. No need for a nitrogen canister. Rebreathers are already used by scuba divers without the soda lime, instead with oxygen, it's not a brand-new concept, just an altered one. They are also used by mountaineers, firefighters, etc.

• Hugs
Reactions: enjolras, Donk and LMLN
Notabadguy

Notabadguy

Mage
Feb 7, 2020
GoodPersonEffed, of course everybody can question everything, but I don't think Exit Int has the slightest interest in manipulating people who want to CTB. I do think that the launchment of the device could have been better, in the sense that there are people, like me, who have been tried to buy it and whose order has been, seemingly, rejected. Of course, it's a nonsense to have to fix these problems informally, by sending emails to a guy whose mail appears at the end of a promotional video!!! But it's what it's, and the ReBreather is a device likely to be forbidden soon. Of course I'm nervous, If I lose this chance, what should I do? Risking my money buying N? Jumping in front of a pain? I want to CTB with dignity and peacefully, and the Rebreather provides that. We all know that Exit Int is behind right2die, and Exit Int is in the public eye, so they are not selling a defaulty product.

• Hugs
Reactions: liverpoolfan, Halo13 and mediocre
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
GoodPersonEffed, of course everybody can question everything, but I don't think Exit Int has the slightest interest in manipulating people who want to CTB......We all know that Exit Int is behind right2die, and Exit Int is in the public eye, so they are not selling a defaulty product.

Yet Richard acts in manipulative ways, and has for some time now. There's been a build-up on this site since before January 2019. I've already listed resources to support my claims of manipulative behaviors, the book Persuasion, and the Manipulation Tactics thread OP, which came from the book In Sheep's Clothing.

I don't have to know why the manipulation is happening, only that it is.

When someone overrides their red flags, it give a manipulator a green light to up the assault. It's a frog in boiling water tactic.

I remain suspicious of the product until we have anecdotal accounts like we do for SN, and I remain suspicious that that even if it works, this could be a long-term con game, an example of which I gave in a previous post here, such as a limited release with astronomically jacked-up prices once it's no longer legal. Oh, the lucky folks who got one when it was legal and affordable...that just makes it all the more desirable, legitimate, and valuable to a doubter on the fence. Again, read Persuasion.

Of course I'm nervous, If I lose this chance, what should I do? Risking my money buying N? Jumping in front of a pain? I want to CTB with dignity and peacefully, and the Rebreather provides that.

Respectfully, it seems that your fear-based emotions have been heightened by this game being played, and your wants and needs are brought to the forefront, making an unproven method from a shifty source seem more legitimate and valuable than has yet to be proven. That's part of the con. Again, see Persuasion.

It's like the daily color-coded terrorism alerts post-9/11 that made folks more accepting of, some even thankful for, the TSA, and NSA surveillance of phone and internet metadata.

I come across dry here, and perhaps even argumentative. I care. That's why I'm having this conversation. I don't like seeing people get played, and I'm resisting being played myself. I've been victimized enough in my life, I've learned from it, and I sought out and found tools I didn't have then. I'm sharing my tools. You don't have to accept or use them, and I respect your right to decide for yourself about both my claims and Richard's.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Abgrundanziehung and enjolras
Donk

Donk

Useless since day 1
Jan 3, 2020
Yet Richard acts in manipulative ways, and has for some time now. There's been a build-up on this site since before January 2019. I've already listed resources to support my claims of manipulative behaviors, the book Persuasion, and the Manipulation Tactics thread OP, which came from the book In Sheep's Clothing.

When someone overrides their red flags, it give a manipulator a green light to up the assault. It's a frog in boiling water tactic.

I remain suspicious of the product until we have anecdotal accounts like we do for SN, and I remain suspicious that that even if it works, this could be a long-term con game, an example of which I gave in a previous post here, such as a limited release with astronomically jacked-up prices once it's no longer legal. Oh, the lucky folks who got one when it was legal and affordable...that just makes it all the more desirable, legitimate, and valuable to a doubter on the fence. Again, read Persuasion.

Respectfully, it seems that your fear-based emotions have been heightened by this game being played, and your wants and needs are brought to the forefront, making an unproven method from a shifty source seem more legitimate and valuable than has yet to be proven. That's part of the con. Again, see Persuasion.

It's like the daily color-coded terrorism alerts post-9/11 that made folks more accepting of, some even thankful for, the TSA, and NSA surveillance of phone and internet metadata.

I come across dry here, and perhaps even argumentative. I care. That's why I'm having this conversation. I don't like seeing people get played, and I'm resisting being played myself. I've been victimized enough in my life, I've learned from it, and I sought out and found tools I didn't have then. I'm sharing my tools. You don't have to accept or use them, and I respect your right to decide for yourself about both my claims and Richard's.

i think one of the members mentioned that exit international will broadcast live viewing of someone using the machine. i would like to see it before using it myself. but you have to be an EI member to view it.

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
i think one of the members mentioned that exit international will broadcast live viewing of someone using the machine. i would like to see it before using it myself. but you have to be an EI member to view it.

I don't know why you quoted me to make this comment. It's a valuable comment to the overall discussions on this thread, but it has nothing to do with what I said.

M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019

I appreciate your comments I hadn't known about Richard at all until this week. I'm still going to see if my order comes through but I am not going to hold my breath. I was already suspicious before I placed an order but just went ahead to see what came of it.

• Hugs
Reactions: GoodPersonEffed and LMLN
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020

I'm skeptical of your comment because you said you think someone mentioned it. Without a source, it's like an urban legend. And also because you quoted me as if to argue with my valid suspicions, yet you didn't remotely address them.

They're going to demo the machine, or broadcast a suicide with the machine?

Donk

Donk

Useless since day 1
Jan 3, 2020
I don't know why you quoted me to make this comment. It's a valuable comment to the overall discussions on this thread, but it has nothing to do with what I said.

you mentioned it would be a good idea to have anedoctal account of someone using this machine to ctb. hence the quote.

Reactions: GoodPersonEffed
Notabadguy

Notabadguy

Mage
Feb 7, 2020
I recall somebody saying that Exit Int was interested in filming the CTB for doing research.

I think that a lot of people is being far too critical. It will have the effect that people with access to the Exit Int forum, who have gently shared information with us, aren't going to do that anymore.

The terms are clear. Right2die sells and that's all. Rocket Express does the distribution, and if you have problems you have to deal with Rocket Express. If someone of Exit Int is helping, what's the problem? I don't speak English well, I prefer write to Richard Avocet than calling to the UK.

It's not compulsory to buy the ReBreather, there is no need of being so critical.

Reactions: liverpoolfan
Donk

Donk

Useless since day 1
Jan 3, 2020
I'm skeptical of your comment because you said you think someone mentioned it. Without a source, it's like an urban legend. And also because you quoted me as if to argue with my valid suspicions, yet you didn't remotely address them.

They're going to demo the machine, or broadcast a suicide with the machine?

hey take it easy. look at post #178. why would i bullshit about something like this? im sorry if i offended you but that was not my intend.

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
hey take it easy. look at post #178. why would i bullshit about something like this? im sorry if i offended you but that was not my intend.

Not offended and already perfectly calm. Thank you for identifying the post where the information came from.
I think that a lot of people is being far too critical. It will have the effect that people with access to the Exit Int forum, who have gently shared information with us, aren't going to do that anymore.

It's not compulsory to buy the ReBreather, there is no need of being so critical.

If someone can't stand up to criticism and instead takes their toys and goes home like a pouting child, then as far as I'm concerned they didn't have purely altruistic motives in the first place.

There is a need to be critical when it's a matter of death or hospitalization.

I again refer you to the thread title: Too good to be true?

Perhaps you would be more comfortable starting a new thread with a title like, "Criticism-Free and Skepticism-Free ReBreather Discussion." I'm not trying to provoke you by saying this. Criticism is totally appropriate in this thread. Creating a thread with a different focus than the title of this one may serve you.

Last edited:
Reactions: BumperCrop and enjolras