S

spanishguy22

Enlightened
Apr 9, 2019
Well that was a silly packaging flaw. All should be separated.

Just watched the video and read the pdf. Looking at the pictures on the dummy it is quite the apparatus. It certainly seems way more peaceful than other methods. They stress that you must have an airtight seal, curious, is there a chance for brain damage or something if it's not quite airtight and you breathe with it?

Every method that deprives the brain from oxygen can cause brain damage.

Reactions: Halo13
L

Living sucks

Forced out of life before I wanted to leave
Mar 27, 2020
Every method that deprives the brain from oxygen can cause brain damage.
Got it. So do not attempt unless a million percent positive you're not going to rip it off your head. Damn my SI is on high alert just researching. I'm screwed for implementation

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc
K

knowman

Jan 15, 2020
Got it. So do not attempt unless a million percent positive you're not going to rip it off your head. Damn my SI is on high alert just researching. I'm screwed for implementation
I agree. This could be a real problem. The research indeed. You can't practice unless you are very sure that you're ready to use it in 3-5 days. Or that is, unless you trust that you can safely re-seal it. For some this increased anxiety could contribute to mental health issues that brought one to use the Debreather in the first place. I look forward to hearing any feedback on this.

Reactions: Wrennie and Overnoutofhere
Overnoutofhere

Overnoutofhere

Mar 30, 2020
Bi
I agree. This could be a real problem. The research indeed. You can't practice unless you are very sure that you're ready to use it in 3-5 days. Or that is, unless you trust that you can safely re-seal it. For some this increased anxiety could contribute to mental health issues that brought one to use the Debreather in the first place. I look forward to hearing any feedback on this.
[/QUOTE
This scared me... I think I jumped into this thinking it was going to be easy and peaceful. I read the owner's manual, this is a very technical, precise process that must be exact or we lose our brain!

Donk

Donk

Useless since day 1
Jan 3, 2020
just received a tracking number. Richard said to expect significant delays due to covid19

enjolras

enjolras

Dead are useless if not to love the living more
Feb 13, 2020
I have a feeling it will end up at similar grounds than SN regarding consistency. I mean, vastly peaceful for most everyone, but some will still react differently on a case to case basis.

Where we're at now : the current website speech is very polished. These are the extracted claims, summed up briefly :

* unconsciousness within minutes
* peaceful, painless and dignified death in 10-15 minutes.
* lose consciousness if oxygen concentration <12%
* depending on the respiration rate, unconsciousness within 2-3 minutes
* no shortness of breath, no panic, not any concern
* death to trigger when oxygen <7%

It sounds fantastically dream-like at this stage, but I regret slick and optimistic to encourage sales, out of unknowingly "not caring enough" like another member might say, through an intended act of simplification

If I only compare these claims to the past DeBreather monitored experiences (1999), there are annoyances to spot.

D723EFF1 5E97 4094 A18D CC33A2E3B1A2

Mean and extreme time to death higher than 10-15 minutes, but 25 minutes average must be pessimistic due to the poor airtight mask seals in "nearly all cases" back at the period. Same goes for the large variability. If 10-15 minutes reveals itself to be close enough (+/-5 minutes) to the correct range, continuous perfect seal is key (right pressure applied by extra attachments for safety ...I agree about this consensus)
77D12A60 E847 4C5A 9150 9204C3150F19
Looking at the the only chart available, 5+ minutes to reach 12% 02 may be as well plausible as 2-3, which could go well along the "depending on respiration rate" comment of Richard. What if you react below (pink frame) ? Some more minutes

DC5C1C89 8520 4E63 BEE4 199B3BC89E6D
The isolated 12% O2 reference of Richard is not a number to memorise. There could be a variety of threshold levels below triggering unconsciousness, depending on the person's physiological response

32E1E038 EB41 457F 9E8A 3A9E5199D0FD

About the 3rd case, "fighting mask at ~6% O2", how come ? Thought you were supposed to be unconscious at 12% O2 and about dead below 7%. According to the R2D site, it should have been impossible. That's because the theory is different (see above)

Another case (7th/9), describes a "perfect death - observer very pleased". It only goes to show the many possibilities. For many, not all, it could go flawlessly.

Regarding symptoms, the below experimenter makes descriptions of "light headed", "dizziness", "seeing stars after blackout", overall vastly peaceful.
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/thre...chke-is-selling-soon.31318/page-3#post-641324
We've seen before that theorical disturbed respiration (confirmed breathing increase, gasps practically) could happen around the +/-12%, mark, eventually before unconsciousness (6-10%)

Will it be close to a flat experience of "no nothing" perfection (Richard's version) every single time ? Time will tell
Until we get a database of death observations like SN, with specifications, every info should be taken with a grain of salt.

Last edited:
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, TrailerTrash, UnluckyFew and 6 others
LMLN

LMLN

Paragon
Aug 10, 2019
I have a feeling it will end up at similar grounds than SN regarding consistency. I mean, vastly peaceful for most everyone, but some will still react differently on a case to case basis.

Where we're at now : the current website speech is very polished. These are the extracted claims, summed up briefly :

* unconsciousness within minutes
* peaceful, painless and dignified death in 10-15 minutes.
* lose consciousness if oxygen concentration <12%
* depending on the respiration rate, unconsciousness within 2-3 minutes
* no shortness of breath, no panic, not any concern
* death to trigger when oxygen <7%

It sounds fantastically dream-like at this stage, but I regret slick and optimistic to encourage sales, out of unknowingly "not caring enough" like another member might say, through an intended act of simplification

If I only compare these claims to the past DeBreather monitored experiences (1999), there are annoyances to spot.

View attachment 31948

Mean and extreme times to death higher than 10-15 minutes, but 25 minutes must be pessimistic due to the poor airtight mask seals in "nearly all cases" back at the period. Same goes for the large variability. If 10-15 minutes reveals itself to be close enough (+/-5 minutes) to the correct range, continuous perfect seal is key (right pressure applied by extra attachments for safety ...I agree about this consensus)
View attachment 31953
Looking at the the only chart available, 5+ minutes to reach 12% 02 may be as well plausible as 2-3, which could go well along the "depending on respiration rate" comment of Richard. What if you react below (pink frame) ? Some more minutes

View attachment 31950
The isolated 12% O2 reference of Richard is not a number to memorise. There could be a variety of threshold levels below triggering unconsciousness, depending on the person's physiological response

View attachment 31954

About the 3rd case, "fighting mask at ~6% O2", how come ? Thought you were supposed to be unconscious at 12% O2 and about dead below 7%. According to the R2D site, it should have been impossible. That's because the theory is different (see above)

Another case (7th/9), describes a "perfect death - observer very pleased". It only goes to show the many possibilities. For many, not all, it could go flawlessly.

Regarding symptoms, the below experimenter makes descriptions of "light headed", "dizziness", "seeing stars after blackout", overall vastly peaceful.
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/thre...chke-is-selling-soon.31318/page-3#post-641324
We've seen before that theorical disturbed respiration (confirmed breathing increase, gasps practically) could happen around the +/-12%, mark, eventually before unconsciousness (6-10%)

Will it be close to a flat experience of "no nothing" perfection (Richard) every single time ? Time will tell
Until we get a database of death observations like SN, with specifications, every info should be taken with a grain of salt.
I think the key is the mask. Hopefully they have improved on the design to the point where there are no leaks. If I try the mask and cannot get a good seal that I can be confident in, I'll go on to my plan B.

Reactions: Overnoutofhere and enjolras
M

morningdew

Experienced
Jul 8, 2019
Trump helped Richard with marketing. I hear Richard is going to be selected as his next infectious disease expert.

Reactions: Ἡγησίας and Donk
Notabadguy

Notabadguy

Mage
Feb 7, 2020
My purchases of the ReBreather and the shipment have been cancelled without request on my behalf. The money has been returned into my bank account. It seems imposible to get this device. What can I do? Did this happen to someone else?
Could someone give me the link of Rocket Express, please? There are several companies called this name, and I want to write to the correct one.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Aww..
Reactions: Walilamdzi and Ἡγησίας
enjolras

enjolras

Feb 13, 2020
Don't get it. Didn't you order twice, first via card the previous week, then PayPal this week ? Did you get both orders canceled / returned if you don't mind being asked ?

Notabadguy

Notabadguy

Mage
Feb 7, 2020
The first one was never effective (credit card). The second one was paid through PayPal, now they returned me the money, so currently I have no order. Ordering this device is extremely difficult. I don't know what to do.

• Hugs
  • Wow
Reactions: enjolras and LMLN
Donk

Donk

Useless since day 1
Jan 3, 2020
The first one was never effective (credit card). The second one was paid through PayPal, now they returned me the money, so currently I have no order. Ordering this device is extremely difficult. I don't know what to do.

did richard give you a reason for the refund?

Notabadguy

Notabadguy

Mage
Feb 7, 2020
No, I've just seen in my bank account. And immediately I emailed Richard but I don't have an answer yet. I don't know what else to do.

pane

pane

Hollow
Apr 29, 2019
I emailed Richard Avocet about soda lime degrading if the Rebreather is left out of the packaging for longer than 3-5 days. He allowed me to quote his reply in full:

ME:

"Hello Mr. Avocet,

Can the canisters that hold the soda lime granules be opened and filled with new soda lime if necessary?

I ask because the Rebreather instructions advise to seal the plastic packaging (if opened for practice/familiarization) no later than 3-5 days after opening to prevent degradation of the granules. If the canisters can be opened and refilled this would of course obviate the need for resealing the packaging and allow the user to practice as much as he wants while maintaining the potency of the soda lime."

MR. AVOCET:

"Pane--
Of course, you are absolutely correct. And I often explain to people that they can easily replace the soda lime if needed. I plan to produce a video this summer that will demonstrate how easily this can be accomplished. The canisters are sealed with tape, which can be easily replaced, and the soda lime granules are readily available online.

It's a 10-15 minute job requiring no special tools or skills. In this context, the true shelf-life of the ReBreather is really unlimited. As with a flashlight--it basically lasts forever so long as when the time comes to use it you've got fresh batteries (and a spare bulb).

Thanks for writing. Feel free to ask questions at any time--I'm happy to respond.
Best regards,
Richard"

• Love
Reactions: Wrennie, Abgrundanziehung, pthnrdnojvsc and 8 others
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
@pane, this was good information, I appreciate that you shared.

I'm curious as to how long it took him to respond to you.

I ask because many users report here that they've sent inquiries about purchasing and shipping issues and, as far as I can tell, haven't received responses.

Reactions: Deleted member 1465
Donk

Donk

Useless since day 1
Jan 3, 2020
fyi since no one is answering questions in the other thread. i took the initiative to email richard with those questions. i'll provide an update when i get a response from him.

Reactions: Halo13, enjolras, GoodPersonEffed and 1 other person
L

Living sucks

Mar 27, 2020
I think and this is speculation, they oversold quantity on hand and had to refund until they have more ready to go. The message when you click to buy says they are out of stock and check back in a few days.
I think this, bcuz it states that when you purchase the DB it becomes your property and thus your responsibility as owner to arrange shipment. Therefore if they have your payment but no physical product that now belongs to you, it's a legal issue maybe?

Reactions: Halo13 and enjolras
Notabadguy

Notabadguy

Mage
Feb 7, 2020
I think and this is speculation, they oversold quantity on hand and had to refund until they have more ready to go. The message when you click to buy says they are out of stock and check back in a few days.
I think this, bcuz it states that when you purchase the DB it becomes your property and thus your responsibility as owner to arrange shipment. Therefore if they have your payment but no physical product that now belongs to you, it's a legal issue maybe?
I don't know, maybe you're right, what I do know it's that it's being extremely difficult to order the ReBreather.

Reactions: Halo13 and LMLN
enjolras

enjolras

Feb 13, 2020
Of course, you are absolutely correct. And I often explain to people that they can easily replace the soda lime if needed. I plan to produce a video this summer that will demonstrate how easily this can be accomplished. The canisters are sealed with tape, which can be easily replaced, and the soda lime granules are readily available online.

It's a 10-15 minute job requiring no special tools or skills. In this context, the true shelf-life of the ReBreather is really unlimited. As with a flashlight--it basically lasts forever so long as when the time comes to use it you've got fresh batteries (and a spare bulb).

Bravo, he has not programmed obsolescence by design nor retaining info !
Soda lime granules are cheap. Would their quality grade matter to filter O2 ? Maybe he can recommend where to source the original ones ? or dress a list of "validated" vendors to pick from, for everyone's convenience

This is very good news, in order to rehearse and built confidence. I can see how getting assistance from a third party could be put to good use. If wanting to push the experience far, up to going through disabling symptoms (loss of reasoning and reactions to stimulus including talks, lack of body coordination to remove the mask), a 3rd party observing the scene with objectivity can intervene before it's too late and without sequels.

It turns out as a commercial law matter, regulated by international and national conducts ...normally. Since the site doesn't publish any terms (legal, sales agreement), nor contact info for tracking and to file an official dispute, ultimately we're at the mercy of the decisions with anticipation

Last edited:
TrailerTrash

TrailerTrash

Just Passing Through
Oct 10, 2019
Alrighty folks. I've studied the ReBreather (or DeBreather as many have named it for some reason unknown to man/woman) and am building my own version. I ordered the soda lime - easy to get medical quality - and ordered an aquarium CO2 scrubber cylinder and inflatable CPR bladder from eBay which, when combined with my CPAP mask - with vent holes sealed - completes the setup. It's so damn easy and since my soda line pellets are sealed when shipped I'm ready whenever to load them and go to my maker. The only issues I have found with people using this method are vomiting due to oxygen deprivation and mask issues. Since I'm strapping a well-tightened CPAP mask and won't have eaten anything for 24 hours prior to initiating the method I'm feeling confident you'll all be reading posts from other members and no more from me ...... I'll try and post some picks of my setup if anyone is interested. Wishing you all the best in whatever you decide. TT

• Love
Reactions: Wrennie, pthnrdnojvsc, liverpoolfan and 2 others
J

JacobsCracker

Mar 16, 2020
Alrighty folks. I've studied the ReBreather (or DeBreather as many have named it for some reason unknown to man/woman) and am building my own version. I ordered the soda lime - easy to get medical quality - and ordered an aquarium CO2 scrubber cylinder and inflatable CPR bladder from eBay which, when combined with my CPAP mask - with vent holes sealed - completes the setup. It's so damn easy and since my soda line pellets are sealed when shipped I'm ready whenever to load them and go to my maker. The only issues I have found with people using this method are vomiting due to oxygen deprivation and mask issues. Since I'm strapping a well-tightened CPAP mask and won't have eaten anything for 24 hours prior to initiating the method I'm feeling confident you'll all be reading posts from other members and no more from me ...... I'll try and post some picks of my setup if anyone is interested. Wishing you all the best in whatever you decide. TT

Thanks. Would love to see some pics and assembly instructions. May I ask where it is you have experience of others vomitting etc? Please include as much info as poss, it all feel too good to be true, diy or otherwise.

A question. How long do you estimate hypoxia to begin working with this device? It's obviously slower than a fighter pilot. Also, under what conditions would you abort the attempt? Thanks a lot.

Last edited:
TrailerTrash

TrailerTrash

Just Passing Through
Oct 10, 2019
Thanks. Would love to see some pics and assembly instructions. May I ask where it is you have experience of others vomitting etc? Please include as much info as poss, it all feel too good to be true, diy or otherwise.

A question. How long do you estimate hypoxia to begin working with this device? It's obviously slower than a fighter pilot. Also, under what conditions would you abort the attempt? Thanks a lot.
Vomiting potential see journal publication in my previous post. It's not too good to be true .... again see journal publication. If mask seals as expected I'm guessing +/- 15 minutes. Not really considering aborting ..... until I've started the process it's difficult to assess what unforeseen conditions might lead me to abort. I forgot to mention that I also bought an inline filter, like what avid CPAP users install to super clean the air in their hoses and also what is used inline on anesthesia circuits (use term to search eBay for picture/info as several sellers offer the circuits). Example:

SO the setup is simple and just like the ReBreather..... mask - hose - filter - cylinder with soda lime and course filter media at each end - expandable bag at outlet of cylinder. The aquarium cylinder I bought has a tube that takes the air coming in to the other end of cylinder so it has to pass through the full length of soda lime before exiting into the expandable bag. The air flows all the way through the soda lime again although obviously the opposite direction when breathing back. It's important to provide lots of opportunity for the air to pass through the soda lime granules or "channelling" can occur where the air doesn't come in contact with enough granules to sufficiently absorb the CO2.

Reactions: Wrennie and pthnrdnojvsc
Notabadguy

Notabadguy

Mage
Feb 7, 2020
What do you think about the fact that the Rebreather is rated 6/10, regarding efectiveness, in the PPH? Aren' you worried about it? I'm trying to purchase this device (what seems imposible to me), but the truth is that I'm worried about it. I mean, if a failed attempt can end up in brain damage (which I don't know, I'm only based upon the opinions that peopel exposed in this thread), is not 6/10 a poor rate? I mean, they say in the PPH that there aren't still enough cases to make an accurate rate, but, if the mask has been improved, what is the problem? what could go wrong?

L

Living sucks

Mar 27, 2020
It hasn't been tested, and documented in a real life situation. That concerned me also. I want to go to sleep like they say. Not go into panic and be partially brain damaged and alive
I wonder if they'd like a real life case study... volunteers???

Notabadguy

Notabadguy

Mage
Feb 7, 2020
But they don't have either accurate data regarding the other methods. I mean, they make their effectiveness rates upon impressions, it has to be this way, it's impossible to, for example, count successes and failures regarding SN or whatever other method. And, still, they rate the Rebreather only with 6/10. On the other hand, I doubt that they'd be promoting a device that doesn't work. But it strikes to me as a contradiction, on one hand, rating 6/10, on the other one, promoting the device.

L

Living sucks

Mar 27, 2020
Im sure exit has to have members who would be test subjects for this? But honestly i wouldn't be the first volunteer, if all went ok with the first one then I'd take second. But i think the rating is coming from the real life situations with the first model that they had to hold the mask on to complete the process.

Reactions: GoodPersonEffed and enjolras
Notabadguy

Notabadguy

Mage
Feb 7, 2020
The device is supposed to work without help of another person holding the mask, so these cases shouldn't be taken into account.

TrailerTrash

TrailerTrash

Just Passing Through
Oct 10, 2019
All good points ..... hard to argue ..... who wants to end up Vegemite ...... no one ...... still going forward with mine; however, I would point out a side observation regarding their design. Looks like a fairly bulky hunk of PVC (or PVC-like) fittings right at the mask connection followed by the three sections of pipe, which will hold a fair amount of breath volume before the exhaled air reaches the granules. If you look at masks used for anesthesia, CPAPs, and other devices you don't generally see that much bulk at the mask because it can/does affect positioning. IMHO, ir would be better for them to use a single or double hose at the mask and trifurcate/bifurcate nearer the soda lime canisters. Will be interested to see if PPH's rating increases to that of SN and others in a year or two once reported uses are more fully documented. No matter what we choose, the body is a stubborn thing to terminate and has lots of mental/biological backup plans to keep itself alive. While it's obviously very very important to feel confident in the CTB method one chooses, at some point a person needs to recognize that being too afraid to choose anything may indicate the need to reconsider whether envisioning CTB-ing is just a fantasy/outlet (nothing wrong with that) or a firm decision.

Last edited:
Reactions: enjolras
Notabadguy

Notabadguy

Mage
Feb 7, 2020
Will be interested to see if PPH's rating increases to that of SN and others in a year or two once reported uses are more fully documented
In a year or two I don't think the ReBreather will be even legal. I think that works, but it's only a impression, I don't know, but the fact that the rate is only 6/10 PPH, despite I suppose is too cautelous, worries me. And I'm trying to purchase the device, because it seems a peaceful and secure way to go, but it's natural to be worried, since the failure can be very bad. And I'm not trying to scare anyone, but I'm only trying to generate discussion.

Reactions: TrailerTrash