aneurysm

aneurysm

Mage
Jan 27, 2019
What are your thoughts on this method? (just wondering for education purpose/science. you're not advising me anything).

SN isn't the only viable/painless method. I doubt that I would feel any pain with this.

I'd hop in a fishing canoe and paddle as far as I can, slowly drink my Xanax cocktail and vodka. I'll follow an meto regimen 8hours before doing this to avoid throwing up. I don't have access to SN or N and hanging myself is just psychologically impossible (don't want my body discovered like that).

S

SuicidallyCurious

Enlightened
Dec 20, 2020
Is that enough drug/alc combo to die or just to lose consciousness ? I'm generally ignorant of drugs but it seems enough , based on what I know of xanax doses.

I like the idea. This is a pretty convenient way to die because the body is never gonna be found if you go out far enough or do it in a remote enough location . The canoe is either gonna capsize or be washed ashore due to regular wind , waves , or storms and your body will probably rock out or capsize with it

I would suggest doing it in a time of year where the canoe is likely to take on excessive rainfall or be in the path of a typhoon. The pacific works well for this , the typhoons there are the strongest and a localized storm might be enough to capsize first. You can pretty much take your pick of locations as typhoons are basically a year round phenomenon there.

I also think once you paddle out far enough you're basically gonna have no way to back out if you don't have the ability to navigate or take much food. You might be stopped or spotted by Coast guard vessel if you're in an area where maritime activity is heavily policed but I think the risk of that is low.

Last edited:
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
@Daisy The most important part of drowning in the ocean is being in deep enough water to be fully submerged by a couple feet. So you would need to get out to lets say about 9ft/3m. Then, the other important thing is weighing yourself down. You could probably do this with some kind of rope and about 50lbs/20kg of weights. A cinder block won't be enough weight to hold you down. Also, some materials are semi-waterproof, jump in, and it will form a kind of balloon/life jacket and you won't sink. You would want to stick to mostly cotton clothing.

And you're way overthinking this. Just take about 12 benadryls. In half an hour, you'll be on the verge of blacking out.

Reactions: aneurysm
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
There's always the risk that you'll become so sedated and dizzy that you fall into the water and drown while conscious. Drowning is a painful death.

aneurysm

aneurysm

Mage
Jan 27, 2019
There's always the risk that you'll become so sedated and dizzy that you fall into the water and drown while conscious. Drowning is a painful death.
but with every method there is a risk. assuming that things go according to plan, do you thing I'd be wokened by the water? What if I ad 12 benadryls to my cocktail?

Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
but with every method there is a risk.

Indeed, there's no sure-fire method. It all comes down to minimizing risk.

assuming that things go according to plan, do you thing I'd be wokened by the water?

I assume we have such a built-in reflex so you'd have to be heavily sedated just in case.

What if I ad 12 benadryls to my cocktail?

I don't even dare to guess.

Reactions: aneurysm
aneurysm

aneurysm

Mage
Jan 27, 2019
i wonder if the shock of being submerged would wake you up?
that's precisely what I'm trying to find out. there's got to be a dose that makes it impossible for me to regain consciousness

S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
that's precisely what I'm trying to find out. there's got to be a dose that makes it impossible for me to regain consciousness
It absolutely will, unless the water temperature is very hot. Think summer Florida Keys during the day, when the water temp if above 80°F.