• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

R

Remus88

Nov 15, 2022
I think it will definitely work. I found this on the internet.

Symptoms Associated With a Given Concentration of CO Over Time

PPM COTimeSymptoms
358 hoursMaximum exposure allowed by OSHA in the workplace over an eight hour period.
2002-3 hoursMild headache, fatigue, nausea and dizziness.
4001-2 hoursSerious headache-other symptoms intensify. Life threatening after 3 hours.
80045 minutesDizziness, nausea and convulsions. Unconscious within 2 hours. Death within 2-3 hours.
160020 minutesHeadache, dizziness and nausea. Death within 1 hour.
32005-10 minutesHeadache, dizziness and nausea. Death within 1 hour.
64001-2 minutesHeadache, dizziness and nausea. Death within 25-30 minutes.
12,8001-3 minutesDeath
This was only the second test so I can improve this. 3 of the 4 buckets went out after I think a short time so hopefully next test will have better results. I will post on here when I do it

Reactions: Mordrea
M

Mordrea

Mar 20, 2023
This was only the second test so I can improve this. 3 of the 4 buckets went out after I think a short time so hopefully next test will have better results. I will post on here when I do it
Wish I had the CO tester. Do you know about how much PPM one full charcoal burner produces?

rotciv

rotciv

Something In The Way
Mar 25, 2023
I would like to add to everyone who will do so, as many people survive this experience, better to take a bottle of hydroxycobalamin and Methylene Blue, case you wake up, to prevent further damage. You can find the doses used in articles.

E

Escapee

Student
Jan 14, 2023
Now, my greatest fear in attempting this method is waking up brain damaged because there is not enough CO produced and retained. I still don't know which charcoal I should use: Kingsford Original briquettes, https://www.kingsford.com/products/original-charcoal/
Or I'll just buy unbranded chunks of lumpwood charcoal from a market. I've read of several who attempted using kings briquettes and failed, but there is one guy who did and isn't active here anymore. Can't tell if something else was wrong or it's the briqs producing insufficient CO. I don't have a CO meter, so I'll have to risk it without testing.
Now, my greatest fear in attempting this method is waking up brain damaged because there is not enough CO produced and retained. I still don't know which charcoal I should use: Kingsford Original briquettes, https://www.kingsford.com/products/original-charcoal/
Or I'll just buy unbranded chunks of lumpwood charcoal from a market. I've read of several who attempted using kings briquettes and failed, but there is one guy who did and isn't active here anymore. Can't tell if something else was wrong or it's the briqs producing insufficient CO. I don't have a CO meter, so I'll have to risk it without testing.
Yes It was my last attempt of ctb. It is a peaceful method but I was interrupted because of the heat from the burning charcoal. But after I see how many people end up in vegetative state or total brain damage due to co poisoning I abandon my plan. It is reliable but if you fail the risk is extremely high

Last edited:
Reactions: bwerner
Unattainable666

Unattainable666

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2023
First off there's a post on 8chan that includes some important details https://8ch.net/suicide/res/36746.html

For those who's only possible location is in a tent I'll be writing up a post with my plan to avoid the tent melting etc etc and my reasoning for the details in my method because I know some people disagree with entering the tent at the same time as your charcoal. However I believe most ill-effects actually come from smoke and the toxic gases in smoke, if you wait until all smoking and flames have stopped, charcoal will still produce CO for hours until completely turned to ash. If there are no flames and little airflow then you know CO is being produced.

I'll be using a chimney starter like this post suggests just to be sure I have evenly burning charcoal, also be using a steel bucket and a tray of cold water to catch the downward heat. Upwards heat once the flames have stopped can be intense but it dissipates quickly. My tent is 100cm high in it's highest points so I'll probably place the bucket/tray in the centre of the tent and curl around it with some headphones in after taking some pills and drink.

I'll make another post with detailed explanation of my plan and a little diagram very soon before I go, watch out for it and if I don't respond again you'll know it was successful and the info can be archived.
Unfortunately I couldn't get to this site. Not sure why (not really computer savvy)

HopefulSleep

HopefulSleep

Wants to sleep
Apr 24, 2023
Why should you choose this method instead of inert gas?

Rumi

Rumi

Experienced
Mar 29, 2023
I have several questions about this method.

Why is a barbecue necessary? If I just open the windows and doors in my house, could I just burn the charcoal on a stove?

Could I use plastic bag with this method? I have a 240l bin liner for a wheelie bin. If I placed the charcoal in a small pot with a small tray of cold water to reduce downward heat, would the bag still melt?

How much charcoal would I need for such an small space?

Reactions: hodbu
befree

befree

Time to do more enjoyable things _____Goodbye_____
Mar 22, 2022
I have several questions about this method.

Why is a barbecue necessary? If I just open the windows and doors in my house, could I just burn the charcoal on a stove?

Could I use plastic bag with this method? I have a 240l bin liner for a wheelie bin. If I placed the charcoal in a small pot with a small tray of cold water to reduce downward heat, would the bag still melt?

How much charcoal would I need for such an small space?
There is something called search function where you can find all the detailed answers, instructions and even a proven guide (posted by me). This is just one of the reasons why I actually don´t like to post in this forum anymore and why I have blocked private messaging. Every day the same questions.

Last edited:
K

kinja91

May 4, 2023
So Taping the seams of a car. Rolling the window down slightly then running a tube from the exhaust to the window and then rolling it ip to its tight. Taping over the opening then getting in and turning the car on. Would this work? I thought it would be fairly simple and effective?

Rumi

Rumi

Experienced
Mar 29, 2023
There is something called search function where you can find all the detailed answers, instructions and even a proven guide (posted by me). This is just one of the reasons why I actually don´t like to post in this forum anymore and why I have blocked private messaging. Every day the same questions.

Sorry. I didn't know you could search within a thread.

Just read your guide. It doesn't really address the questions in my post, which is fine, but don't just post a guide if you know the specific question I have isn't answered there.
So Taping the seams of a car. Rolling the window down slightly then running a tube from the exhaust to the window and then rolling it ip to its tight. Taping over the opening then getting in and turning the car on. Would this work? I thought it would be fairly simple and effective?
Newly manufactured cars have had catalytic converters installed since the 1970s.

Unless you have access to a car that is that old, the exhaust fumes won't contain enough CO to kill you.

Last edited:
K

kinja91

May 4, 2023
What if run exhaust into a car from a generator. The converter shouldn't affect if the car is off right. Then it's just a matter of how long it takes for the fumes to build? I had heard you just go to sleep with this method.
You think a portable generator alone in a car will be quick for CO?
I don't know that's why I was asking. I apologize if that was a dumb question

G

Gavalar

Apr 11, 2019
Have I got all the right gear? Hoping to do this tonight.

Got it wrong this morning. Brought a chimney starter to help.
IMG 20230511 142406

Rumi

Rumi

Experienced
Mar 29, 2023
Could I skimp on certain aspects of this method and still succeed? In the place that I attempt I won't have access to a chimney starter or an actual barbecue, so I was thinking that I could subsitute both for a steel bucket, clay pot, fire pit, or brazier. These products are relative inexpensive and can be purchased on short notice, which will be important for my attempt.

I understand that a chimney starter is required to heat the coals evenly and increases the success rate, but there still anecdotal evidence that this method can work without a chimney starter: most unintentional charcoal-burning poisonings presumably do not involve the use of chimney starters.

My plan is to heat 2kg of natural charcoal in one of the containers listed above, and then bring the (unevenly heated) charcoals inside of four-season tent, placing the container on top of some bricks or a metal tray with water.

How would rate my plan in terms of reliability?

meowmeowkitty

meowmeowkitty

a cat at heart.
Jun 1, 2023
Hi, this will be the megathread for the carbon monoxide method.

I have some questions about the charcoal method, is it a simple method to do? Like buying charcoal and setting it or there is some steps and setup to follow

The ppeh gives low rating for preparation but good rating for reliability, peacefulness and quickness
this is my preferred way out, but unfortunately i live with other people and i wouldn't want to cause harm to them.. i guess i have to figure out a time where they're not in the house or figure out a different area to do it in other than my garage. either way more info would be highly appreciated!!

jonghyun

jonghyun

trying to do well
May 6, 2023
apologies if this has been answered before, but does anyone know if there is a difference between using the regular western barbecue coals vs the briquettes they typically use for cooking in asia? Is one supposedly stronger than the other?

befree

befree

Mar 22, 2022
apologies if this has been answered before, but does anyone know if there is a difference between using the regular western barbecue coals vs the briquettes they typically use for cooking in asia? Is one supposedly stronger than the other?
Yes, we had this conversation before. Regular (high quality !) coals is better than briquettes.

G

Goodgirlryeo101

Wizard
May 27, 2023
Can someone please explain to me why I only have to burn the charcoal outside ??? Is there no way I can do it inside my flat and why does it have to be done outside?? Because I remember reading on Jonghyun's suicide using carbon monoxide and he apparently used charcoal braziers in his residence

befree

befree

Mar 22, 2022
Can someone please explain to me why I only have to burn the charcoal outside ??? Is there no way I can do it inside my flat and why does it have to be done outside?? Because I remember reading on Jonghyun's suicide using carbon monoxide and he apparently used charcoal braziers in his residence
Please read my answer here:

fay13

fay13

Nov 14, 2021
the charcoal has to get as much air as possible in order to work , you have to burn it outside until it becomes grey and glowing (40 mins to 1H) or more , you can't burn it inside your flat

Reactions: hellispink
G

Goodgirlryeo101

Wizard
May 27, 2023
the charcoal has to get as much air as possible in order to work , you have to burn it outside until it becomes grey and glowing (40 mins to 1H) or more , you can't burn it inside your flat
That's all sorted, it's fine.

• Love
Reactions: fay13
J

John12

Student
Mar 31, 2023
Their first test made it seem somewhat reliable, but the second test does not.

What do others think.

N

NoReasonToLive2023

Change and decay in all around I see
Jun 4, 2023
I am still 99% certain I'm just going to jump, but I must admit I'm a little curious as to if this method would work better.

Would I be able to do this in my car without having to fuck about with tape? Due to disability my dexterity is poor and I don't think I'd be able to do it.

The car is an estate car, how much charcoal would I need?

I also have had trouble when lighting barbecues in the past so I'd need to find something that's easy to light, then easy to place inside my car when the time comes.

befree

befree

Mar 22, 2022
You have to seal the car perfectly. Don´t forget the ventilation / air conditioning and the area around the pedals.
You need to find out how many cubic meters of volume your car has. I recommend to use such a BBQ:

Place a fireproof base under the BBQ, something like a baking tray. If you want to make it perfect, use two BBQ, each with the required amount of charcoal. Don´t use briquettes, but high quality lump coal. You need at least 135 grams/m³. Make sure you do it right because if you survive you could have permanent brain damage.

More info:

• Informative
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
J

John12

Student
Mar 31, 2023
You have to seal the car perfectly. Don´t forget the ventilation / air conditioning and the area around the pedals.
How do you know it has to be perfect. Also, how perfect is perfect, even windows?

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/last-attempt-co-method.119208/post-2002885 that person thinks just vents.

Their first test made it seem somewhat reliable, but the second test does not.

What do others think.
Also, what about that.

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
How do you know it has to be perfect. Also, how perfect is perfect, even windows?

Also, what about that.
The thing is you want to keep as much CO inside the car/room/tent as possible for a long time otherwise you may not have a lethal dose for long enough to pass away. That's why it's better to be perfect. You could simply do several tests with a CO meter and your car.

Reactions: befree