• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

KQuotientW

KQuotientW

404: Reason to live not found
Jul 17, 2022
Is there a way to do this without a car and without using fire?
I'm using my bathroom and have sealed windows so air can't get inside. It's the smallest room I have. I will also place something in front of the space under the door so air can't get into the room.

I will be lighting the charcoal outside, until it stops producing smoke, then bring it inside. The charcoal will then be white and glowing, giving off carbon monoxide.

Himalayan

Himalayan

"Wake up to reality, nothing ever goes as planned"
Sep 30, 2022
This might be stupid, but anyone know if drawing chorcoal materials would work?
Or is it somehow not toxic?

Ps: i already tried to do some research on this, but couldn't find anything. Most sources don't assume people are trying CBT, idk why.

Last edited:
KQuotientW

KQuotientW

404: Reason to live not found
Jul 17, 2022
Temp 600x600
I've tried resizing the photo so it's not too big. Not a lot of success.

Anyway, here's test 2. Seems to have worked this time. Still giving off heat, is white and glowing, 2 hours later. Smoke stopped within about 35 minutes of me lighting it. Glad it worked this time. I have 9 kgs to light, because I want to be sure, and I have calculated the cubic metres, room size. I have something big enough to house that much charcoal.

I don't recommend synthetic firelighters because they stink... badly. I live off grid and use a woodstove. I don't normally use synthetic firelighters for the reason that they stink and, well, I can light a fire without them.

There are a lot of video's on YouTube on how to light charcoal without a chimney starter (that metal thing with a handle). Some suggest paper coated in cooking oil, which seems to work just fine. Spray cooking oil or liquid in a bottle. In today's test, however, I used kindling because I live in the bush and have an ample supply.

⚠️Remember, light outdoors and bring indoors when the smoke has stopped. Don't place receptacle directly on a wooden, synthetic / vinyl (linoleum) or carpeted floor as it still gives off a lot of heat. You'll likely start a house / building fire, which is not what we're going for.⚠️

Thankfully, I have solid concrete floor with no covering. Aside from smallness of room size, I wonder if people often choose a bathroom because of the type of flooring, which is usually non flammable. Easier to seal off too because they generally don't have enormous windows.

I tried to get a kettle BBQ but can't source one at present. The whole supply chain thing and I'm in a rural area.

I

ifeelsobad

Experienced
Aug 23, 2022
I'm using my bathroom and have sealed windows so air can't get inside. It's the smallest room I have. I will also place something in front of the space under the door so air can't get into the room.

I will be lighting the charcoal outside, until it stops producing smoke, then bring it inside. The charcoal will then be white and glowing, giving off carbon monoxide.
Ok maybe this might be something I can do. Can I message you please? I have a few questions

S

Sad_Sack

Experienced
Oct 3, 2022
How much coal is required? I f I had a small 2 person tent would one chimney starter filled be enough?

S

sevenkarmas

Student
Oct 10, 2022
I'm interested in making it look like an accident. Has anyone used a portable propane heater? I was looking at a camping heater that runs on propane. I just don't want to fail. My plan was to go camping with the heater in the tent.

PressEnterToExit

PressEnterToExit

How soon is now?
Oct 19, 2020
Hi guys do you think mixing 2,5L of formic acid + 2.5L of sulfuric acid could be enough to fill a small bathroom with carbon monoxide?

W

Wunderkind

❤️Travel by bus
Nov 25, 2022
Извините, если я повторяюсь. Может ли этот метод работать в автомобиле с портативной газовой горелкой для кемпинга?

Reactions: blackbok
N

Notforlong

Sep 19, 2022
So I'm buying 10 of those instant charcoal bbqs, a portable carbon monoxide reader, and a tent. I'll light them all off outside, and wait until they stop burning and emitting smoke before putting them in the tent. 10,000ppm is what I'm aiming for, right? I have a huge disposal of potent benzos as well, I plan to take a few to ease the anxiety. I'm also setting my phone up to send a mass text with my location 24 hours later and possibly a goodbye. Besides sealing up the tent really well and making sure it has a switched floor, am I missing anything? I really need to make this work, I can also purchase some strong nitazenes to mix with the benzos just to be absolutely sure, but I'm not sure if that's necessary.

Life interrupted

Life interrupted

Trapped in life
Mar 18, 2022
So I'm buying 10 of those instant charcoal bbqs, a portable carbon monoxide reader, and a tent. I'll light them all off outside, and wait until they stop burning and emitting smoke before putting them in the tent. 10,000ppm is what I'm aiming for, right? I have a huge disposal of potent benzos as well, I plan to take a few to ease the anxiety. I'm also setting my phone up to send a mass text with my location 24 hours later and possibly a goodbye. Besides sealing up the tent really well and making sure it has a switched floor, am I missing anything? I really need to make this work, I can also purchase some strong nitazenes to mix with the benzos just to be absolutely sure, but I'm not sure if that's necessary.
Are you sure you can fit 10 bbqs in the tent?

W

Wunderkind

❤️Travel by bus
Nov 25, 2022
Tell me, what options are there besides coal for use in a car?

S

softline

Nov 17, 2022
I found this item at my local welding supply shop.

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/attachments/welding-hood-png.102976/

It seems too take most of the work and guess work out of this method. If you combine with bottled gas. There is not need for car/room/tent sealing and fire danger from burning charcoal is eliminated.

The item is generally available on places like Amazon. Sometimes it comes in at kit that pretty much has everything (hoses, connectors,etc.) but the gas. Seems simple to operate: Connect the gas, put on the hood, turn on the gas, your done.

The official name of this if your searching for info is "Continuous Flow Supplied Air Respirator".

Interested in opinions of others

C

Corliz

Jan 12, 2023
Trying to load a pic. It's reqdy
Ready
I'm hoping I jus pass out sans horrible headaches an such. Couldn't by sleeping

Attachments

• 16738354950906358879006126855244.jpg
    8.8 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
M

Mthom2

Student
Oct 19, 2020
Quick portable generator question. Most of the ones I've found are CARB and EPA compliant. Does that mean they do not produce CO?

Actually, I just found some information on CARB compliance, and it does include limiting CO emissions. I wonder if it completely removes the CO produced, or just limits it.

Cat-soul

Cat-soul

Dec 14, 2022
wow, literalmente al ver este mega-hilo desde el principio puedes encontrar toda la información requerida. ¡¡¡Muchísimas gracias!!!. por cierto creo que soy el unico que se dio cuenta que este hilo empieza en el 2018 y probablemente los primeros que comentaron ya no esten entre nosotros, sabes...?

S

sevenkarmas

Student
Oct 10, 2022
Trying to load a pic. It's reqdy
Ready
I'm hoping I jus pass out sans horrible headaches an such. Couldn't by sleeping
Did you have any heat/burn issues for the area around your grill?

S

softline

Nov 17, 2022
I found this item at my local welding supply shop.

It seems too take most of the work and guess work out of this method. If you combine with bottled gas. There is not need for car/room/tent sealing and fire danger from burning charcoal is eliminated.

The item is generally available on places like Amazon. Sometimes it comes in at kit that pretty much has everything (hoses, connectors,etc.) but the gas. Seems simple to operate: Connect the gas, put on the hood, turn on the gas, your done.

The official name of this if your searching for info is "Continuous Flow Supplied Air Respirator".

Interested in opinions of others
This was posted to wrong thread. It belongs in the Inert Gas thread. Sorry

• Informative
Reactions: _(´ཀ`」 ∠)_
L

loveechoes

Feb 24, 2023
Quick portable generator question. Most of the ones I've found are CARB and EPA compliant. Does that mean they do not produce CO?

Actually, I just found some information on CARB compliance, and it does include limiting CO emissions. I wonder if it completely removes the CO produced, or just limits it.
Loved for this to be answered too. Thought about this method a lot. I can't imagine it doesn't product any co, just likely limited. I'm tempted to just do it

FlameWhisperer

FlameWhisperer

Sigma Wolf
Feb 21, 2023
I am still researching on the possibilities I have for CTB, and this one sounds like a nice option to have. I am thinking on building a GULPS myself, but I have some questions.

1) I see, in this thread, and some others, a lot of concerns about the close space used to CTB using this method. Is the place relevant if I am using a GULPS, since it relies on me breathing the gas using a mask? If yes, why?

2) PPH speaks about using a CO gauge, but I don't know anything about it. How am I supposed to use it if I go with a GULPS, in order to assess if I am managing the required 12,800ppm as shown on the table (if it is even possible to manage that in the first place using a GULPS) I am saying 12,800ppm as it is the one that is described to allow a successful CTB within 1-3 minutes.

Thank you in advance.

M

Mordrea

Mar 20, 2023
Did you have any heat/burn issues for the area around your grill?
Can't tell what it is, but it looks like they had some type of board protecting the back of the seat and under the grill.
Hi first time poster. Would like others opinion on whether they think this would work. 8 chimney starters with weber briquettes in 4 buckets managed to get it to 8200 ppm which it maintained for the whole 6 hour test!!! View attachment 106480View attachment 106481View attachment 106482
8?! Well you just dashed my hopes. I only have one chimney starter. :)

Reactions: ready to go....
M

Mordrea

Mar 20, 2023
Hi first time poster. Would like others opinion on whether they think this would work. 8 chimney starters with weber briquettes in 4 buckets managed to get it to 8200 ppm which it maintained for the whole 6 hour test!!! View attachment 106480View attachment 106481View attachment 106482
I think it will definitely work. I found this on the internet.

Symptoms Associated With a Given Concentration of CO Over Time

PPM COTimeSymptoms
358 hoursMaximum exposure allowed by OSHA in the workplace over an eight hour period.
2002-3 hoursMild headache, fatigue, nausea and dizziness.
4001-2 hoursSerious headache-other symptoms intensify. Life threatening after 3 hours.
80045 minutesDizziness, nausea and convulsions. Unconscious within 2 hours. Death within 2-3 hours.
160020 minutesHeadache, dizziness and nausea. Death within 1 hour.
32005-10 minutesHeadache, dizziness and nausea. Death within 1 hour.
64001-2 minutesHeadache, dizziness and nausea. Death within 25-30 minutes.
12,8001-3 minutesDeath