• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

L

Life is unfair

Mar 27, 2022
I've read that there are symptoms such as nausea, headache, vomiting, ECT. Is this actually the case or is it bullshit?

NobodyKnowsMe

NobodyKnowsMe

Just biding my time
Dec 21, 2021
I've read that there are symptoms such as nausea, headache, vomiting, ECT. Is this actually the case or is it bullshit?
I think a headache is the most common, but I wouldn't be surprised if some folks feel nauseous. Per some googling, other possible symptoms are weakness, dizziness, shortness of breath, confusion, blurred vision, and lost of conciousness.

I'd say that if you want to go that route, then after getting everything set up, take a sleeping pill. If you are asleep, the nausea probably won't be as bad and the other symptoms, other than headache, wouldn't even be noticed.

L

Life is unfair

Mar 27, 2022
I think a headache is the most common, but I wouldn't be surprised if some folks feel nauseous. Per some googling, other possible symptoms are weakness, dizziness, shortness of breath, confusion, blurred vision, and lost of conciousness.

I'd say that if you want to go that route, then after getting everything set up, take a sleeping pill. If you are asleep, the nausea probably won't be as bad and the other symptoms, other than headache, wouldn't even be noticed.
Thanks, I've read of people trying but getting overwhelmed by the headaches. I wonder how severe the headache is. Also heard of people vomiting a lot, not sure if it's bullshit or not.

R

ReadyToLeave

Sep 20, 2020
Could you pass away from Carbon Monoxide by lighting a lot of candles in a small sealed tight room? The candles would be burning safely so they don't burn the place down.

NobodyKnowsMe

NobodyKnowsMe

Just biding my time
Dec 21, 2021
Could you pass away from Carbon Monoxide by lighting a lot of candles in a small sealed tight room? The candles would be burning safely so they don't burn the place down.
In theory, yes. However each candle puts out such a small amount of carbon monoxide that it might be difficult to get enough candles burning for long enough to do the job. You'd definitely want a fairly small area, tightly sealed. You'd probably need large candles that will burn for quite a while -- none of those skinny tapers that you see in little candlesticks. I'm not sure if there is anything documented that would help you figure out how many candles would be needed for the space you are thinking of.

ETA: I suppose you could get a carbon monoxide detector - one that provides measurements -- and then experiment with burning some candles in a tightly sealed room for a while.

Last edited:
Reactions: ReadyToLeave
G

Getmeouttaherenow

Jun 11, 2022
Thinking about charcoal in bathroom. My concern is there is a fire sprinkler at the ceiling. My understanding is fire or extreme heat will activate it. If I burn the charcoal in the bathroom will this activate it? I could run the bathroom fan at the start to help dissipate the heat/smoke until the charcoal is ready for inhalation. Just obviously don't want to set the sprinkler off. Anyone know?

Thanks

befree

befree

Time to do more enjoyable things _____Goodbye_____
Mar 22, 2022
Thinking about charcoal in bathroom. My concern is there is a fire sprinkler at the ceiling. My understanding is fire or extreme heat will activate it. If I burn the charcoal in the bathroom will this activate it? I could run the bathroom fan at the start to help dissipate the heat/smoke until the charcoal is ready for inhalation. Just obviously don't want to set the sprinkler off. Anyone know?

Thanks
You can´t light the BBQ in the bath room. You have to light it outside and bring it into the bathroom when there no flames anymore and the coal is well glowing. If it´s not possible find another place (car, van, caravan, rent a place with balcony or patio...).

Reactions: Getmeouttaherenow
SiroccoSousse

SiroccoSousse

Jun 25, 2022
Something to keep in mind if you're planning on lighting a lot of charcoal outside - if you live somewhere that has frequent summertime droughts and/or wildfires, check to see if there's a burn ban in effect. You might quickly draw unwanted attention if some responsible person sees your smoke and investigates. If you live in the US, I think your state's Department of Ecology website should tell you if a ban is in effect or not.

Reactions: blackbok
assisted

assisted

Student
Jul 7, 2022
i forgot about gauges :(
i dont think ill be able to afford one :((( and im scared to try without it...

A

AshFloppy

Dec 16, 2021
I tested how much CO charcoal produce in an open area..well it was my family that started it for cooking So I took the chance and used my CO detector...I got that huge number instantly..the charcoal was white and hot .. it's temperature was 30°C IMG 20220710 124539 IMG 20220711 112422

Reactions: Endex
KQuotientW

KQuotientW

404: Reason to live not found
Jul 17, 2022
If headaches and nausea are common with CO poisoning, should I take some Pandeine Forte (Paracetamol / Acetaminophen and codeine) beforehand? I have some left over from a fairly recent dental appointment. It's prescription only, here. I also have ginger tablets (supermarket) as one of the symptoms of my degenerative conditions is a queasy stomach, some days. I still plan on taking a sedative and consuming alcohol. I'm just wondering how bad the nausea and headache will be. Still keen on this method, though. It's easy to obtain all the ingredients. It's Winter where I am, so no chance of starting a bushfire on my property. No one else will even know.

KQuotientW

KQuotientW

Jul 17, 2022
Sorry, another question. In Australia, which brand of charcoal is best? I'm happy to go to (name of Big Box Hardware) and get some bags of the quality stuff.

KQuotientW

KQuotientW

Jul 17, 2022
I've bought 3 bags of this stuff. Is that going to be enough for a 3 berth caravan? There's no chance of me being found or interrupted. I live in the bush and no one else lives here so no one else will be harmed. Winter here and zero chance of starting a bushfire. I just want to be absolutely certain that there's enough to knock me out and no chance of waking up. Overdoing it is better than under doing it.
Temp 100x100

befree

befree

Mar 22, 2022
You should read this guide:

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/charcoal-method-advice.94265/#post-1655792

You need at least 135 g coal per cubic meter of room air.

Reactions: KQuotientW
KQuotientW

KQuotientW

Jul 17, 2022
You should read this guide:

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/charcoal-method-advice.94265/#post-1655792

You need at least 135 g coal per cubic meter of room air.
I have read it. Still don't know how to calculate that. At a guess, the caravan is 45m3. Just over 6kg should be right. So, 3 bags is sufficient....I think. Might just buy another to be absolutely certain that it's going to work. 45m3 x .135 . No one is going to find me so I don't want to wake up from this with brain damage, unable to move, dying slowly and painfully. At least I'm in the bush, on acreage. No one will complain about smoke.

Last edited:
befree

befree

Mar 22, 2022
I have read it. Still don't know how to calculate that. At a guess, the caravan is 45m3.
Minimum 135 g per cubic meter of room air x 45 cubic meter = appr. 6075 g. I would suggest to use two BBQ´s with each of the required amount of coal. If you can get a CO meter that goes up to 10.000 ppm or higher, you should buy one.

imtrying

imtrying

Apr 29, 2022
There is probably already a post about this but I couldn't find it. I heard that this method endangered whoever found you because of the fumes. Is this true?

befree

befree

Mar 22, 2022
There is probably already a post about this but I couldn't find it. I heard that this method endangered whoever found you because of the fumes. Is this true?
Yes. This is one reason why you have to seal the exit room perfectly from the inside. But the main reason is to keep up the CO concentration in the room. In order not to endanger other people who find you, you put a note on the outside of the door with the info "Danger. Carbon monoxid".

Last edited:
Reactions: KQuotientW
KQuotientW

KQuotientW

Jul 17, 2022
I'm probably going to have to go with my bathroom because I don't think I can get a BBQ into my caravan as the door is too narrow. It's too hard for my to shovel coal into another receptical once it's heated. Probably burn myself trying to transfer it via a metal bucket. I have an old bbq on wheels but I don't think it's big enough for 7kgs (by calculation) of coal. What is the best kind of BBQ for that much coal? I'm sure we have similar in Australia, whatever is recommended overseas.

befree

befree

Mar 22, 2022
What are the dimensions of the door in your caravan ?? "shovel coal into another receptical once it's heated" No don´t do that. It doesn´t make sense at all. Don´t make it too complicated. Look at amazon.com for Cuisinart CCG-216 or Weber Original Kettle 22-Inch. I would use 2 of those. Better use more coal than recommended

Last edited:
KQuotientW

KQuotientW

Jul 17, 2022
I'm going to look at BBQs now. My caravan has a couple of narrow stairs too. Might be a bit difficult to get the BBQs inside. Knowing my luck, lol, the BBQ would tip over and all the charcoal falls out. I might get 3 BBQs just to be sure that nothing fails. I've lit fires before as a I live off (electricity) grid and have a woodstove. Also, I have a bonfire a couple of times a year to burn garbage (no garbage bin collection here) and clean up the property so it's bushfire safe. I know charcoal is not the same as kindling and branches, but I reckon I can get it started without a chimney starter. Hope to CTB this weekend.

I really do appreciate this forum and that we can have a mature discussion about end of life / CTB. When my mother was terminally ill with cancer, I respectfully discussed what she wanted at her funeral, how she wanted the end of her life to be. She was going to die, I knew that. There was no point getting all funny about it and pretending that it wasn't going to happen. She didn't end up trying voluntary, self euthanasia because she was worried about those left behind getting into trouble with the law. Australia is where almost everything is illegal, it feels like. I would have respected her choice if she'd wanted to, though. She died in a hospice, high as a kite on morphine. I had been her carer until she went into a hospice of her own choice.

Thanks.

Reactions: Notcutoutforlife
stateofgrace

stateofgrace

Sep 26, 2021
hi, this is my first post on here, but this is my plan. if anyone has tips or modifications please let me know. im literally desperate to make this work so even if its the most minor detail, please let me know. i will be doing it in my car at a remote location.

1. put 5lbs of charcoal briquettes into a chimney starter with newspaper at the bottom
  2. light newspaper with a lighter (light it all the way around)
  3. leave for around 30-60min or until briquettes are white and no longer smoking
  4. tip briquettes into pan
  5. get in my car and place the pan in passenger seat on top of bricks

i also have a couple other questions. at what point should i take my sleeping meds? im taking 50mg of trazodone so will most likely be sleepy within 30min. sorry if its a dumb question. and are kingsford briquettes okay to use? i've seen people say royal oaks is the best, but i don't think we have those where i live.

im thinking about using two chimney starters.

i have read this entire thread but its been over a long period of time so i apologize if my questions have been repeated a lot. i am planning to reread it before my attempt. my thoughts are all over the place and I suffer from short term memory loss thanks to some overdoses. so I just want to make sure all my questions are answered before anything.

thanks guys

KQuotientW

KQuotientW

Jul 17, 2022
My bathroom is 41.07m3. 4 bags of 3kg lump charcoal is over the recommended minimum. This should work well. Last meal planned for Friday, Chinese food because it's my favourite. Just hoping the sedatives and alcohol work so I can drift off to sleep on Saturday evening and not wake up on Sunday. Very grateful for this forum. All the news articles that say negative things about this forum are unfair. They shouldn't make blanket judgements. .

befree

befree

Mar 22, 2022
@KQuotientW The best and easiest way would be to measure the dimensions of the door and the space you need inside.

@stateofgrace No, don´t use briquetts. I don´t like your plan 1. to 5. at all. Better follow the guide. I don´t think you need sleeping pills, but if you want to take them, I would probably take them 15 minutes before you get into your car.

madebrief

madebrief

Experienced
Jul 4, 2022
@KQuotientW The best and easiest way would be to measure the dimensions of the door and the space you need inside.

@stateofgrace No, don´t use briquetts. I don´t like your plan 1. to 5. at all. Better follow the guide. I don´t think you need sleeping pills, but if you want to take them, I would probably take them 15 minutes before you get into your car.
Haha! I'm the opposite. I totally like the plan.

Reactions: stateofgrace
stateofgrace

stateofgrace

Sep 26, 2021

what dont you like about it? and what guide are you referring to? fliesenbourg?

E

eternal_life

Jul 10, 2022
This method sounds very interesting and not very painful, that's why they nickname it "sweet death", there are people who have died without realizing it due to CO. In a case, someone has put a barbecue inside the house to warm up in winter and have woken up dead. And there are many similar accidents, so it doesn't seem like an overly difficult method. There are reports of suicides in hotels where tourists burned coal in a trash can and achieved their goal. What scares me is that the method will not work and leave with consequences. I've heard that if it doesn't work, it can leave you with brain damage? And that is scary.