H

hunthunt

Aug 26, 2019
Lol this trhead sucks so badly, i would really like to know if would work if a get myself in a small bathroom with a little butane camping stove, if anyone knows hoy many hours I would need to work, etc, this is the stove Im thinking

411058-Cocinilla_Klimber_KARPA_1.jpeg

Reactions: Tiredsotired and Notcutoutforlife
HopelessFashionista

HopelessFashionista

Jul 8, 2019
Ok, so it's frickin raining out. Ugh I'm so pissed. Going for early morning now.

Ok, update guys real quick. It didn't work. And I was COMMITTED to making it work, doing several buckets. I'm in ICU right now and so I have my phone but I'm about to be transferred to an inpatient treatment and then I won't have it. I've had six hyperbaric oxygen treatments, memory problems, lung problems, but otherwise okay. I'll give more details so you/we can maybe figure out what happened and why it didn't work.

I had taped sealed my window and used towels on top and bottom of the door. Maybe still too drafty?

I don't know. I ran out of charcoal and had no choice but to call 911 when I fell trying to get outside. Otherwise I would have kept trying, which was basically me waking up after 6-8 hours still alive, crawling out of the room to get conscious enough to go out and burn more charcoal, take it back inside, do over again. Wake up alive again, repeat etc etc

I'm desperate for a peaceful method but I failed before using nitrogen and a bag. And I'm fully committed to doing it. But must be doing something very wrong.

I just want to go back home and now I'm fucked staying here.

Cry
Ok, update guys real quick. It didn't work. And I was COMMITTED to making it work, doing several buckets. I'm in ICU right now and so I have my phone but I'm about to be transferred to an inpatient treatment and then I won't have it. I've had six hyperbaric oxygen treatments, memory problems, lung problems, but otherwise okay. I'll give more details so you/we can maybe figure out what happened and why it didn't work.

I had taped sealed my window and used towels on top and bottom of the door. Maybe still too drafty?

I don't know. I ran out of charcoal and had no choice but to call 911 when I fell trying to get outside. Otherwise I would have kept trying, which was basically me waking up after 6-8 hours still alive, crawling out of the room to get conscious enough to go out and burn more charcoal, take it back inside, do over again. Wake up alive again, repeat etc etc

I'm desperate for a peaceful method but I failed before using nitrogen and a bag. And I'm fully committed to doing it. But must be doing something very wrong.

I just want to go back home and now I'm fucked staying here.

Cry

By the way, I was in a small bathroom inside the loft above my garage (that I referenced in my original post).
I'm desperate. Crying crying crying. I still can't catch my breath and I don't want to go back in the chamber. I'm desperate for some help somehow.
I know there's nothing you guys can do. I don't really post much unless I can somehow be helpful so I'm sorry if you don't know me well. But I hope I'm not coming across as yelling at you all or this forum. I am grateful you are here.
I wish there was a way someone could just put me to sleep forever

Cry cry I'm sorry I haven't been any help

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Kokomi_20, paula1326, anelakapu and 2 others
danilion

danilion

Nov 24, 2019
I want to make some (slightly emotional) constructive criticism about this megathread.

It is a hot mess.

It's worse than the hanging megathread. At least that thread has diagrams and very relevant videos. The information is there, my cartoids are not.

In this megathread there are, at a bare minimum, five different CO methods: chemical (at least 2 methods), chimney, portable grill, and generators. Lots of testing and discussing, and if there's anything conclusive, it got buried.

What kind of tent? What type of briquettes or coal? How to do it in a car? How to seal up a room? How to determine how much charcoal to use for the space it will be used in? To buy a meter or not to buy?

It's such a potentially peaceful method, and so freaking unreliable, at least the way it's presented. It's more complicated than a woman.

(And I am a woman, but I got your back on that one, guys.)

It would be nice if all this info were broken up into subthreads by method and locations.

I do not volunteer, I don't have the scientific bent for it. But damn, I get tense when I try to learn anything from this thread, it's too much mess + science + math + variety.

Just, no.

I fully agree with you on this. I have read the entire thread, taken notes, saved web pages and I am more confused than when I started.

Reactions: Kokomi_20, Meditation guide, Notabadguy and 1 other person
danilion

danilion

Nov 24, 2019
It was suggested that I post my thread here. I have read the entire mega thread but I still have some fairly simple questions. Here is my post:

Hi there :)

I was searching on a website for a store in Canada. I was online ordering things for the CO method. There was a video on the page for Charcoal Barbeques showing how to use them. I watched the video 3 times and they used 1) a chimney starter 2) Zip Organic fire starters and 3) an Electric Charcoal fire starter.

1) While watching the video, I noticed that the chimney starter seemed the most complicated and when dumping from the chimney starter there were a lot of sparks of fire bursting out of the chimney starter when pouring into the grill. It would only light a smaller portion of the charcoal needed to pour into grill.

2)The Organic fire starters are just small blocks of what looks like wood (? - not sure) that you disperse in the charcoal and light the cubes on fire. To me, this seemed like a good way to get the charcoal lit more evenly in the grill.

3) The electric fire starter you just place in the grill amongst the charcoal and it lights it quickly. I was thinking you could then move it around and light everything pretty much at the same time - therefore more evenly.

I didn't order the chimney starter and I ordered the organic cube fire starters and an electric firestarter. However, I have never started a charcoal grill in my life, so I don't actually know which is best in real life.

*Can anyone offer any insight into their own experiences with lighting charcoal for the grill? Also, it would be a bonus if people could chime in on using the 3 different fire-starting methods.

**PS - I have read the Co megathread from start to finish but it is a lot of conflicting information and hard to read through to get a clear picture. I have also read other threads on here. I just wanted to let you guys/gals know I am not just popping on here with a question that I could have easily found the answer to. I am the type that needs a plan from start to finish before I am going to go ahead with the method. I don't expect someone to hand me the perfect list of how to do this method (but if one exists, then show me the way lol).

If anyone can help with any experience they have had with these 3 fire-starting methods, I would really appreciate it! Of course, when they come in the mail, I will try them. I just don't have a really private area to be lighting a bunch of grill fires in the winter (which might look suspicious).

ALSO - one more question..... If I light the charcoal in the grill (if I use the cube fire-starters or the electric firestarters), why do I need to dump it into another metal container after the smoke is gone? If I put cement bricks in my car to put the grill on, and tin foil to protect the interior, then can't I just take the grills in the car with me after they stop smoking? Why the need to dump them into something else? I am fine doing it either way, but this confused me.

Reactions: Tiredsotired
H

hunthunt

Aug 26, 2019
Lol this trhead sucks so badly, i would really like to know if would work if a get myself in a small bathroom with a little butane camping stove, if anyone knows hoy many hours I would need to work, etc, this is the stove Im thinking

411058-Cocinilla_Klimber_KARPA_1.jpeg
an fot the love of fuck tell me ifthis would be usekess or fuckinng work I to know ig this stuff comnied with be zonfdicepinels, alcojol.amd.a.really olf ductaped wwindowsnor doord of a small hotel bAthrooom.would.o.t dojob

I love you all, you rryo tonhelp.me

Last edited:
K

kamakura

Feb 12, 2020
Just order and try to get the charcoal to burn a few times in the park. A few trial and error will be good, CO works as long as you can get the charcoal to burn normally/evenly. Nobody says you have to try it the first time in the real act

D

deedee0225

Feb 29, 2020
I've done extensive researching on Nembutal but I'm a newbie when it comes to charcoal/CO method.
It seems N is universally deemed the most preferred option, but by the sounds of it charcoal is a painless way to go and best of all super accessible.
I mean it sounds extremely good. But what am I missing here? (is it difficult to execute? High failure rate? etc)
Here's a thread with account of failure with charcoal burning:
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/i-have-failed-with-carbon-monoxide-method.673/

It does seem the person did most things by the book (and correctly?)

Last edited:
Reactions: Tiredsotired
marcusuk63

marcusuk63

CTB
Mar 24, 2019
I've done extensive researching on Nembutal but I'm a newbie when it comes to charcoal/CO method.
It seems N is universally deemed the most preferred option, but by the sounds of it charcoal is a painless way to go and best of all super accessible.
I mean it sounds extremely good. But what am I missing here? (is it difficult to execute? High failure rate? etc)
Here's a thread with account of failure with charcoal burning:
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/i-have-failed-with-carbon-monoxide-method.673/

It does seem the person did most things by the book (and correctly?)

Might have been the alcohol ? I haven't drank for 16 years , when i did drink i went out a lot with the owner of the company i worked for and he smokes cuban cigars , one night i was particularly drunk and we when back to his house while his wife made some snacks and he lit a cigar , i immediately projectile vomited from the smoke , quite embarrassing as it never bothered me before and i`m a chain smoker .
So it may have been the combination of being very drunk and the smoke/gas ??

crazy1

crazy1

Mar 2, 2020
I didn't even know BBQ's gave of carbon monoxide like that :O this might just be my new favourite method, would be so easy to buy a few disposable BBQ get drunk and go to sleep, although the story's of people failing and getting bad effects from it is kind of scary. I need to think about this one.

Reactions: Kokomi_20, Tiredsotired, Brink and 2 others
marcusuk63

marcusuk63

CTB
Mar 24, 2019
I didn't even know BBQ's gave of carbon monoxide like that :O this might just be my new favourite method, would be so easy to buy a few disposable BBQ get drunk and go to sleep, although the story's of people failing and getting bad effects from it is kind of scary. I need to think about this one.

T

TheTraveller

Mar 23, 2020
I heard you can't die using a newer car in a garage now? cars are too efficient and garages too big? true or lies?

Hatebeingalive

Hatebeingalive

Aug 1, 2019
I heard you can't die using a newer car in a garage now? cars are too efficient and garages too big? true or lies?
Yeah, something to do with the catalytic converter. Might have to include something else that puts off CO, I'm thinking maybe leave the truck running and also start a generator. The more gas powered things that are running in an enclosed area the better chance I'll have of CTB.

Reactions: TheTraveller
L

Living sucks

Forced out of life before I wanted to leave
Mar 27, 2020
I heard newer cars are more airtight so bringing in a charcoal grill should work in the small space. But using the exhaust pipe nowadays is not as easy. Im looking for painiess lights out. People dying this way on accident so easily but trying is so difficult ?

T

TheTraveller

Mar 23, 2020
I heard newer cars are more airtight so bringing in a charcoal grill should work in the small space. But using the exhaust pipe nowadays is not as easy. Im looking for painiess lights out. People dying this way on accident so easily but trying is so difficult ?
I am too I was thinking of ODing but I don't know which concoctions of easy to get or even moderate to get meds is good?

L

Living sucks

Mar 27, 2020
I am too I was thinking of ODing but I don't know which concoctions of easy to get or even moderate to get meds is good?
It's gotta be the right meds or no guarantees. Research certain meds and find cases. I found one with the meds i have at my disoosal and guess that if i take that amount it should work. But ??? Maybe to do CO and the meds together. Burn the coals take the meds then get in the car. I need to feel like it doesn't matter and so drugged that my SI shuts down

L

Living sucks

Mar 27, 2020
I thought this was a very helpful resource at least from an experience perspective so I'm linking it here. For CO attempt It bummed me out bcuz this is preferred plan. Happy to hear not painful but how to be successful. I'm afraid only way is trying. I wish i could get Xanax bcuz that has knocked me out fast.
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/i-failed-with-co-method-last-night.25448/
@GoodPersonEffed not sure if you've read this one probably have with your research

Reactions: GoodPersonEffed
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
Another user gave me a link to an archived post (non-SS) about doing the method using charcoal. Copied and pasted here, edited it to remove things like links. I can attest to the claim that briquettes are much easier to light than lumpwood charcoal, which I found impossible to light in a chimney starter. I'm not sharing this because I believe every word, but because we need more info on this method:

First of all, you need to buy "premium" charcoal. The two most common type are lumpwood and briquettes. I would highly suggest to use quality briquettes over lumpwood. The consistency of briquettes make them a lot easier to light and they smoulder longer than lumpwood and burn cooler. They do have a bit less carbon content, but in the end it's not a big deal. Also, contrary to popular belief here, quality briquettes usually produce less smoke too.

Only use a chimney starter to light the charcoal. You may be tempted to use lighter fluid — but don't. This is the only way to ensure perfect glowing briquettes that will burn at the same rate. Just use some crumpled sheets of newspaper on the bottom of the chimney and light them with a match. It takes about 25 minutes to get them at the proper state. Once they are ready, you can dump them in a small portable charcoal grill
[Edit: or metal/galvanized steel bucket or tray]. You want the charcoal to be fully white (45 minutes for Royal Oak Ridge) before you bring them inside. Don't put the cover on obviously. If using benzo/alcohol just go in, drink your cocktail and pass out. If not, let the charcoal sit for 20 minutes inside the room before going in.

1KG = 2.2lbs is plenty for a small space like a car or tent. If your room is bigger, double the amount. For 1KG you'd need approximatively 35 briquettes.

The location is obviously extremely important. The smaller the area, the better it is. Carbon monoxide will fill a small space at a high PPM much more quickly. It can also travel through walls so please make sure no one else is present. Apartment and hotels are a bad choice for this reason. They can also have CO alarms installed. Always make sure to seal the area well. Put a blanket under the door and use ducktape around door/window seams, fan vents, holes, etc.

Renting a minivan is a good option. You need to keep in mind the size of the charcoal grill. It's much easier to fit one inside a minivan than a small car. Ideally you want to put it at the bottom. The charcoal grill will be extremely hot so bring some oven gloves and position it in a way that it won't burn the interior of the car. I suggest to put it on top of a few bricks. Remove extra seats to get more space if necessary. Alternatively, use 2 or 3 smaller grills. In asian countries, you'll often see 2-3 small terra cotta grills used for suicide.

Tents can also be used but you need to make sure it has a flysheet built into the groundsheet to avoid air gaps. Look for a tent with a HH rating of 3000mmhh or more. This is a measure of waterproofness. The HH stands for hydrostatic head and it is the extent to which the tent material can withstand a column of water, in this case 3000mm of water. I would suggest to use a tent big enough for 3-4 man and place the grill on bricks and lay an extra layer around the edge. You don't want the heat from the grill to melt the tent. You need to use bricks or some sort of insulation at the bottom otherwise it might melt.

Only use a brand new grill. Do not cook food with it. Fat drippings and food will create smoke and ruin the whole thing.

I would recommend using benzo such as xanax, valium, ativan or klonopin mixed with strong alcohol to knock you out super quickly. If you can't, you could try alcohol with Doxylamine Succinate.

I wouldn't worry about buying a PPM monitor. You can die in less than 2 hours from only 1600 PPM. A meter is only useful in my opinion if you have a really big room. A small sealed enclosed space will fill with carbon monoxide quickly at 6000+ PPM. If you don't use any drugs to knock you out, I would suggest to let the charcoal sit inside the car, tent or room for 20 minutes before going in.

When you first lit the charcoal, the smoke could attract unwanted attention so please keep that in mind. Charcoal isn't expensive. Don't be afraid to do a few test runs. Different brands burn at different rate. For example, Kingsford Briquettes burn faster than Royal Oak Ridge so the timing won't be the same. If you use lumpwood charcoal, try to use chunks of the same size.

Reactions: Kokomi_20, Jonbonesjones, HopelessFashionista and 1 other person
Daktalsnakal

Daktalsnakal

I had seven faces thought I knew which one to wear
Jan 18, 2020
W
That's my plan B. I have my gas generator with wash chamber assembled and have the chems. 98% S & 95%F. The stoichiometry has it at about 32L of CO evolved given my additional reaction reseviour design.

Refer to this thread for other info: https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/formic-acid-sulphuric-acid-method.233/#post-16989
Was that thread taken down? I'm having issues reaching it, it might be a problem with my connection but everything else seems to be loading fine.

Reactions: Kokomi_20
R

roykirk

Apr 19, 2020
I've read through this entire thread, and it's definitely difficult to comprehend all the advice, the pros, the cons, etc. I just went and got myself a Craftsman 3000 watt generator. Nice and quiet and from what I can tell it doesn't have a high CO automatic shut off. But even though it's quiet I've realized that having that thing sputtering in the back of my SUV might not be so peaceful, and I'm worried about it getting starved for oxygen and stalling. I have realized that the exhaust is easily accessible. Been thinking of letting run outside the car and just running a hose from the exhaust to the inside. No chance of it shutting off due to low oxygen and the noise is mitigated. The only downside is having it run outside could draw attention. I'm hopeful if I pick a remote enough spot that this won't be a concern.

I have one related question. I'm smart enough to know that I'll need to shut off my mobile phone well before I get near where I plan to do it (so my location isn't "pinged"). Does anyone know if there are similar concerns with a car's navigation system or satellite radio? I don't even think there is a way to turn those off.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc
T

tomkis35

Feb 12, 2020
Tester on the way. I will do car test with charcoal.

Meter

Last edited:
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc
peabs

peabs

Apr 14, 2020
Question about this method: does anyone know whether it would work to spray the coals with water once grey to cool them more quickly? Would this risk lowering the quantity of CO they would emit? Thanks

M

mr nobody

Apr 8, 2020
I had a failed attempt with this method, but not because of the method, but because I was saved in time. I used a small Weber portable grill and an instant light bag of charcoal (1.8kg or 4 lbs). The first attempt, I let the charcoal burn outside for about an hour. It actually turns to ember in about 45 min but I wanted it to cool down. After an hour, I took the grill and placed it on top of a brick inside my car on the passenger side weather mat. I was in the car for about 5 min and my glove box began to melt. I tried to kick the liquified plastic since it started to drip, but I accidentally hit the grill and knocked the charcoal onto the weather mat and burned it. It started smoking so I had to get out. I went and bought another instant light bag and did the same thing except this time I let the grill sit in the car for 30 min after the initial hour of burning the charcoal outside. After 30 min I opened my driver side door and got in as quickly as I could. I laid inside the car for about 10-15 min until I felt like I was about to pass out. At this point I sent my girlfriend a text message I had drafted, letting her know etc. This was the last thing I remembered. I woke up a couple of hours later in the hospital. My girlfriend had immediately read the message and was able to somehow find my spare car keys and called 911. I was in the car for about 35-40 min I would say. I spent 3 days in the hospital. My CO level in my blood was 50-70% based on blood gas tests. The doctor said he was surprised I didn't go into a coma. I can vouch that this would 100% work if I had been on the car for a longer time. It should be noted that I drank alcohol, which I believe also affects how CO affects the body, based on what I read. Interestingly enough, the entire experience was painless. I passed out and felt nothing afterward until I woke up in the hospital, where I was just disoriented since they gave me pure oxygen to purge the CO out of my blood.

Reactions: Kokomi_20 and paula1326
N

Nextgen

Apr 26, 2020
This is for using a portable gas generator that has a carburetor instead of fuel injection, to be used inside of a tent. Let's assume that it is a CARB compliant generator.

1. For a CARB compliant generator, do all of them shut off automatically from high CO ppm?
  2. For a CARB compliant generator, should you leave the choke set to closed? If so how long should the generator run for before it stops?
  3. How much of a reduction in CO ppm is there for CARB compliant generators?
  4. Should you seal the tent, allow a small opening, or have a larger opening? My concern with sealing it is that it will increase the pressure inside the tent, while not converting the air into a high ppm concentration. At some point the generator will shut off as well from not having proper air intake

pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
I've read through this entire thread, and it's definitely difficult to comprehend all the advice, the pros, the cons, etc. I just went and got myself a Craftsman 3000 watt generator. Nice and quiet and from what I can tell it doesn't have a high CO automatic shut off. But even though it's quiet I've realized that having that thing sputtering in the back of my SUV might not be so peaceful, and I'm worried about it getting starved for oxygen and stalling. I have realized that the exhaust is easily accessible. Been thinking of letting run outside the car and just running a hose from the exhaust to the inside. No chance of it shutting off due to low oxygen and the noise is mitigated. The only downside is having it run outside could draw attention. I'm hopeful if I pick a remote enough spot that this won't be a concern.

I have one related question. I'm smart enough to know that I'll need to shut off my mobile phone well before I get near where I plan to do it (so my location isn't "pinged"). Does anyone know if there are similar concerns with a car's navigation system or satellite radio? I don't even think there is a way to turn those off.
That's a really good idea .What kind of hose would connect to the exhaust and how would you connect it?

L

Living sucks

Mar 27, 2020
This is for using a portable gas generator that has a carburetor instead of fuel injection, to be used inside of a tent. Let's assume that it is a CARB compliant generator.

1. For a CARB compliant generator, do all of them shut off automatically from high CO ppm?
  2. For a CARB compliant generator, should you leave the choke set to closed? If so how long should the generator run for before it stops?
  3. How much of a reduction in CO ppm is there for CARB compliant generators?
  4. Should you seal the tent, allow a small opening, or have a larger opening? My concern with sealing it is that it will increase the pressure inside the tent, while not converting the air into a high ppm concentration. At some point the generator will shut off as well from not having proper air intake
You need a pretty high rated winter tent or pretty well sealed so if generator has an auto shut off, I'm not sure it will stay running. You also need to be out in the woods away from everyone bcuz it will be noisy?

M

My_name_is_Luka

Specialist
Apr 28, 2020
Using a portable generator is a good idea. But which one to buy? I have tried to look at the specifications on the websites of the manufacturers, but they don't mention whether there is a filter for CO or not, or if there is a sensor to protect again high density of CO. They only place a symbol indicating that it must be used outside and far from windows. It's weird that there is no warning about carbon monoxide.
My fear is that if I buy one, I will discover that the amount of CO produced is too low to be lethal.
Some tips for buying would be very useful.

I

I’mDone

Experienced
Mar 22, 2020
View attachment 337

The washing chamber is to eliminate formic (much less sulfuric) fumes. I doubled up on reaction chambers for reliability and quantity assurance. This all will be housed in a giant Rubbermaid in the event the chamber(s) broke for some reason; mixing still occurs.

Would it be asking too much for some detail on how this setup works? I'm familiar with the other model which drips formic into sulphuric. Do your acids enter the reaction chamber through symphonic action? I'm assuming the large container in the middle is the reaction chamber?