20200217 015503
Just ruined a scarf is all
The room is about 2 square metres btw

Last edited:
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
I want to make some (slightly emotional) constructive criticism about this megathread.

It is a hot mess.

It's worse than the hanging megathread. At least that thread has diagrams and very relevant videos. The information is there, my cartoids are not.

In this megathread there are, at a bare minimum, five different CO methods: chemical (at least 2 methods), chimney, portable grill, and generators. Lots of testing and discussing, and if there's anything conclusive, it got buried.

What kind of tent? What type of briquettes or coal? How to do it in a car? How to seal up a room? How to determine how much charcoal to use for the space it will be used in? To buy a meter or not to buy?

It's such a potentially peaceful method, and so freaking unreliable, at least the way it's presented. It's more complicated than a woman.

(And I am a woman, but I got your back on that one, guys.)

It would be nice if all this info were broken up into subthreads by method and locations.

I do not volunteer, I don't have the scientific bent for it. But damn, I get tense when I try to learn anything from this thread, it's too much mess + science + math + variety.

Just, no.

Reactions: lizzywizzy09, Kokomi_20, deadpixels and 2 others
K

kamakura

Feb 12, 2020
Here is my plan: But I am not sure about #7, whether i should let the CO build up substantially first or gradually when physically inside

1. what needed : car, a relative remote location but not too remote as to never be found, charcoal, chimney starter, charcoal grill, a few bricks, sleeping pills + beer.
2. Park the car at the chosen place on a sunny day with a mountain view in the evening, right before darkness.
3. Put the charcoal into the chimney starter to get things going, outside of the car.
4. That takes about 1 hour, so start typing scheduled emails to be sent out next morning to notify people of my upcoming death and where to find my dead body.
5. Once the charcoal turn grey/white with little smoke, move them from the chimney starter to the charcoal grill
6. Place the charcoal grill inside the car on top of the few bricks for heat insulation purpose.
7. Wait for around 30 mins for the CO level to build up inside the car. Put the chimney started into the compartment.
8. Get in, close the doors/windows, take the sleeping pills and sip some beer.
9. Close my eyes and ....hopefully pass away peacefully and painlessly.

H

HadEnough1974

I try to be funny...
Jan 14, 2020
Here is my plan: But I am not sure about #7, whether i should let the CO build up substantially first or gradually when physically inside

1. what needed : car, a relative remote location but not too remote as to never be found, charcoal, chimney starter, charcoal grill, a few bricks, sleeping pills + beer.
2. Park the car at the chosen place on a sunny day with a mountain view in the evening, right before darkness.
3. Put the charcoal into the chimney starter to get things going, outside of the car.
4. That takes about 1 hour, so start typing scheduled emails to be sent out next morning to notify people of my upcoming death and where to find my dead body.
5. Once the charcoal turn grey/white with little smoke, move them from the chimney starter to the charcoal grill
6. Place the charcoal grill inside the car on top of the few bricks for heat insulation purpose.
7. Wait for around 30 mins for the CO level to build up inside the car. Put the chimney started into the compartment.

Buy a digital co detector.

B

Bob_Luman

Student
Feb 19, 2020
I really want to use this method but I haven't had any luck in finding the information that I need online. Would something like a pop-up tent work for this? Since they are super easy to set up yourself? And which one should I use? If anybody could help me on getting the info I need in order to ensure I can do it successfully I'd really appreciate it.
I really want to use this method but I haven't had any luck in finding the information that I need online. Would something like a pop-up tent work for this? Since they are super easy to set up yourself? And which one should I use? If anybody could help me on getting the info I need in order to ensure I can do it successfully I'd really appreciate it.
Also does anybody have instructional videos showing how to do it or any links which show how to? As I'm more of a visual learner and i can't quite visualise the steps clear enough or feel confident with the steps without it.

Last edited:
HopelessFashionista

HopelessFashionista

Jul 8, 2019
I'm going to ctb tomorrow (Sunday) night.

I agree that this thread is kind of a hot mess but I've tried to read and research as much as possible and I'm just going to do it. I keep thinking, "It CAN'T be that hard, right?"

I'm going to do it in the furnished loft space above my garage. I don't know its dimensions. It's two-car garage sized.

I bought two 6.2lb bags of Char-King Instant Light Briquettes. I'm going to use a chimney starter to get the briquettes going and when they're ready, dump them into a metal bucket.

I'm going to do this with like, 10 buckets, using as much of the charcoal as I can. And take all the buckets up into the loft and then go to sleep.

I don't have a CO detector or a way to measure it.

Wish me luck.

Reactions: Kokomi_20 and HadEnough1974
H

HadEnough1974

I try to be funny...
Jan 14, 2020
I'm going to ctb tomorrow (Sunday) night.

I agree that this thread is kind of a hot mess but I've tried to read and research as much as possible and I'm just going to do it. I keep thinking, "It CAN'T be that hard, right?"

I'm going to do it in the furnished loft space above my garage. I don't know its dimensions. It's two-car garage sized.

I bought two 6.2lb bags of Char-King Instant Light Briquettes. I'm going to use a chimney starter to get the briquettes going and when they're ready, dump them into a metal bucket.

I'm going to do this with like, 10 buckets, using as much of the charcoal as I can. And take all the buckets up into the loft and then go to sleep.

I don't have a CO detector or a way to measure it.

Wish me luck.

Wow, I would really like to know how that goes. I'm thinking the same thing, multiple buckets. Lots of charcoal.

HopelessFashionista

HopelessFashionista

Jul 8, 2019
Wow, I would really like to know how that goes. I'm thinking the same thing, multiple buckets. Lots of charcoal.

I'm f*cked if this doesn't work. I'll post a follow up if I fail, but fair warning: I had a failed attempt in September (nitrogen gas) and was swiftly carted away to a hospital. So if this doesn't work, I probably won't have my phone for a while.

Reactions: Saed
H

HadEnough1974

I try to be funny...
Jan 14, 2020
I'm f*cked if this doesn't work. I'll post a follow up if I fail, but fair warning: I had a failed attempt in September (nitrogen gas) and was swiftly carted away to a hospital. So if this doesn't work, I probably won't have my phone for a while.

Ok, keep us posted.

B

Bob_Luman

Student
Feb 19, 2020
How do you do it? Will a pop-up tent work? How much charcoal and how long do you burn it for? Will a BBQ work a small or medium sized one? Where do you put the tent aswell?

B

Bob_Luman

Student
Feb 19, 2020
I really, really want to ctb. Am I right in thinking you can use a chimney starter or BBQ, light the coals and leave them burning for an hour or two hours, until the coals turn grey or white and stop burning. Then bring them into a vehicle and make sure all doors and windows are closed? How much charcoal is the correct amount to use? I don't have a car at the moment so if using a tent what areas of the tent do I need to tape up? Which tent should I use also? And where should I position the tent?
I really, really want to ctb. Am I right in thinking you can use a chimney starter or BBQ, light the coals and leave them burning for an hour or two hours, until the coals turn grey or white and stop burning. Then bring them into a vehicle and make sure all doors and windows are closed? How much charcoal is the correct amount to use? I don't have a car at the moment so if using a tent what areas of the tent do I need to tape up? Which tent should I use also? And where should I position the tent?
Would a pop up tent work?

Mist

Mist

Feb 23, 2020

Would a pop up tent work?
I was under the assumption that you could light them in the enclosed area and be fine as long as they ended up smoldering.

O

Otter

Experienced
Feb 10, 2020
shouldn't be lit IN the tent or car. Put them there after the fire is out nd they've been smoldering long enough that they no longer smoke

Reactions: Mist
K

kamakura

Feb 12, 2020
Sleeping pills and beer too. I think you should get a 1-person tent, a good one for winter use better

Majin K.

Majin K.

too weak for this world
Jan 9, 2020
Would a small bath room be suitable for this method? With the door taped on the sides? If I were to be found a few days later, would anyone opening the door be in danger? This is my plan B and I already know what substances I need to create a deadly amount of CO.

Last edited:
B

Bob_Luman

Student
Feb 19, 2020
Would a small bath room be suitable for this method? With the door taped on the sides? If I were to be found a few days later, would anyone opening the door be in danger? This is my plan B and I already know what substances I need to create a deadly amount of CO.
What substances are you planning on using to create the lethal amount of CO? I'm fed up with life and really want to die and be out of here. But the charcoal method involving a tent and car etc seems so complicated and I don't understand the steps involved.

Reactions: Saed
Mist

Mist

Feb 23, 2020
shouldn't be lit IN the tent or car. Put them there after the fire is out nd they've been smoldering long enough that they no longer smoke
thx 4 the tip fren, some part of me knew but i had to hear it from someone else

Majin K.

Majin K.

too weak for this world
Jan 9, 2020
What substances are you planning on using to create the lethal amount of CO? I'm fed up with life and really want to die and be out of here. But the charcoal method involving a tent and car etc seems so complicated and I don't understand the steps involved.
Supposedly sulfuric acid and oxalate or formic acid. Seriously this mega thread sucks. All the ways to die through CO should just be listed in the initial post.

Reactions: Kokomi_20
K

kamakura

Feb 12, 2020
Supposedly sulfuric acid and oxalate or formic acid. Seriously this mega thread sucks. All the ways to die through CO should just be listed in the initial post.

Bruce Wrobel's body was found by a friend on Dec. 10, 2013, at about 1 a.m. in a Mercedes-Benz CLK550. Police called to the West 20th Street scene—a quiet, tree-lined stretch of townhouses in Manhattan's affluent Chelsea neighborhood—discovered suicide notes to family and friends. The New York City medical examiner concluded the 56-year-old poisoned himself inside the parked car with carbon monoxide by mixing sulfuric acid and other toxic chemicals.
Would a small bath room be suitable for this method? With the door taped on the sides?

Surely, a lot of people in Hong Kong do it inside a small room or holiday rental

Last edited:
B

Bob_Luman

Student
Feb 19, 2020
Yeah I agree, I think I'll probably go with hanging instead. Since all you really need is the right rope and somewhere to do it and you're set. Whereas with the CO method I really struggle to understand things as complex as this without some kind of visual representation of what to do and how to set it out. Nothing in these CO threads seem to be clearly stated. Just mainly people asking questions or talking about it.

Reactions: Kokomi_20, Saed and Notcutoutforlife
Majin K.

Majin K.

too weak for this world
Jan 9, 2020
Bruce Wrobel's body was found by a friend on Dec. 10, 2013, at about 1 a.m. in a Mercedes-Benz CLK550. Police called to the West 20th Street scene—a quiet, tree-lined stretch of townhouses in Manhattan's affluent Chelsea neighborhood—discovered suicide notes to family and friends. The New York City medical examiner concluded the 56-year-old poisoned himself inside the parked car with carbon monoxide by mixing sulfuric acid and other toxic chemicals.

Surely, a lot of people in Hong Kong do it inside a small room or holiday rental
Are first responders in any threat of getting harmed?

K

kamakura

Feb 12, 2020
Yeah I agree, I think I'll probably go with hanging instead. Since all you really need is the right rope and somewhere to do it and you're set. Whereas with the CO method I really struggle to understand things as complex as this without some kind of visual representation of what to do and how to set it out. Nothing in these CO threads seem to be clearly stated. Just mainly people asking questions or talking about it.

Many HK suicides did it poorly by simply burning charcoal (all inside, without starter) in a bucket inside a closed room, most still managed to die successfully. I don't think it is that complicated.

B

Bob_Luman

Student
Feb 19, 2020
Many HK suicides did it poorly by simply burning charcoal (all inside, without starter) in a bucket inside a closed room, most still managed to die successfully. I don't think it is that complicated.
It's mainly to do with how people in the threads on here have worded it. As some have mentioned you need to tape up seams in a tent and only go for specific products and materials which aren't always easy to find. Plus having to measure the CO gas concentration with a CO meter it all just goes right over my head. I haven't a clue on how to do any of that.

Reactions: Notcutoutforlife
K

kamakura

Feb 12, 2020
You just need to make sure that the area is enclosed (tent, car, small room) and the charcoal is at production stage (post-initial smoke/fume emitting stage). You take a sleeping pill, just sleep and the CO will kill you.

B

Bob_Luman

Student
Feb 19, 2020
You just need to make sure that the area is enclosed (tent, car, small room) and the charcoal is at production stage (post-initial smoke/fume emitting stage). You take a sleeping pill, just sleep and the CO will kill you.
So won't it fail if I did use a tent? Since the walls on a tent are quite thin and air can easily make it's way in especially when its windy, like it often is in my area. I'm wondering if I lit the coals outside and after they turn grey and stop producing flames and smoke, would sitting in a closet with them work? I've heard CO can be dangerous to other people in the house and especially with sockets as it can cause explosions.

K

kamakura

Feb 12, 2020
Well, get a good tent, one for winter use.

Last edited:
Majin K.

Majin K.

too weak for this world
Jan 9, 2020
Can I do this without a mask? Can't I just mix together a shit ton of sulfuric acid and formic acid and wait until I pass out? I can find 75% formic acid and 37% sulfuric acid.

R

Read123456788

Aug 23, 2019

Exactly my plan