L

Living sucks

Forced out of life before I wanted to leave
Mar 27, 2020
Would it be asking too much for some detail on how this setup works? I'm familiar with the other model which drips formic into sulphuric. Do your acids enter the reaction chamber through symphonic action? I'm assuming the large container in the middle is the reaction chamber?
I don't think that op is around any longer

V

Vizzini

May 4, 2020
I'm new to the site and want some advice. I won't be an active member and I don't have concrete plans to ctb but I would like to know that I am in control of things.

I have a small car and I've purchased 3 disposable BBQs from a supermarket - all are around 500G. Lumpwood charcol. I've got 3 bricks in the boot (trunk) for them to rest on, and I've got a bag with gaffer tape for the windows, doors and vents. I've got a book to read, a notepad to write in and I am considering something to help me go to sleep. I originally thought to just wait until I'm really tired but adrenaline is a mo'fo. I don't smoke weed anymore but can easily get some, I'm fairly sure it would put me to sleep as my tolerance is gone (it's been years) and I'm pretty boring in that I don't know anyone who can get me knock-out pills (or what would work). I'm a big guy. Just over 6'2 and 300lbs.

I've read stories about people who have gone with less than this and just want to make sure I'm not missing anything. I've got a quiet spot picked out and I think that if it comes to it I'll be okay.

I'm not a fetishist and I'm not looking for attention. Good luck to you all in whatever you decide to do. I'm being honest. I'm not actively planning to go - I haven't got a date - but knowing it's in my hands brings me more comfort than I can say. I just don't want to have to try twice. Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Kokomi_20, Tiredsotired and Meowkin
N

Nextgen

Apr 26, 2020
You need a pretty high rated winter tent or pretty well sealed so if generator has an auto shut off, I'm not sure it will stay running. You also need to be out in the woods away from everyone bcuz it will be noisy?
What do you mean by "high rated tent"? What tents do you recommend that stay well sealed?
What are the effects of 10,000+ ppm carbon monoxide on your eyes, nose and throat? The only item I have listed is to buy goggles to avoid having your eyes burn. What about for your nose and throat?

Is it true that 10,000 ppm will result in loss of consciousness in a few seconds? In that case it would be a moot point.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tav
L

Living sucks

Mar 27, 2020
Tester on the way. I will do car test with charcoal.

View attachment 32332
Did you do a car test?
What do you mean by "high rated tent"? What tents do you recommend that stay well sealed?
What are the effects of 10,000+ ppm carbon monoxide on your eyes, nose and throat? The only item I have listed is to buy goggles to avoid having your eyes burn. What about for your nose and throat?

Is it true that 10,000 ppm will result in loss of consciousness in a few seconds? In that case it would be a moot point.

Tents can also be used but you need to make sure it has a flysheet built into the groundsheet to avoid air gaps. Look for a tent with a HH rating of 3000mmhh or more. This is a measure of waterproofness. The HH stands for hydrostatic head and it is the extent to which the tent material can withstand a column of water, in this case 3000mm of water. I would suggest to use a tent big enough for 3-4 man and place the grill on bricks and lay an extra layer around the edge. You don't want the heat from the grill to melt the tent. You need to use bricks or some sort of insulation at the bottom otherwise it might melt.

My understanding is that you have more side effects like headache and maybe some burning when the CO is too low. If you were able to create an atmosphere with 10000 ppm in a tent and then step in, you will lose consciousness quickly and die in your sleep. But 2000ppm will cause maybe loss of consciousness but wake up with headache.
I suggest reading some CO stories in this thread and by using the search function do CO. There are 2 stories on the previous page of this thread, just hit previous button at the bottom and find them. One is posted by me .
If you cover your nose and throat you're defeating the purpose of what you're doing.
The thing about this method is you could easily make it look like an accident if you truly make it look like you were camping, goggles on your eyes would give away your motive.

Last edited:
Reactions: ItsBeenTooLong
M

mr nobody

Apr 8, 2020

The chart that was posted dates that at around 6000 to 7000 ppm, CO us fatal in 10-15min. At 12,800 ppm it is fatal within 3 min. From this it would appear that 10,000 ppm would be fatal between 3-15 min. You would lose consciousness in a few seconds to a couple of min.

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
Chimney starter tip and info:

There must be ventilation under chimney starter or the newspaper will keep going out. You can set it on top of a grill, but I don't have one, so I put it on top of a rack I took out of the oven and placed on some bowls, coffee cups would also work.

I filled the chimney starter with Kingsford charcoal, it took almost a full hour for the flames to go down and they were still glowing red with a very low flame. There was a ton of smoke for a very long time.

If you take diazepam, which takes an hour to really take effect (test beforehand), I would recommend taking it when the flames have died down (as well as some ibuprofen or paracetamol) as it's still going to be a while before the coals have cooled enough to turn ash white, then transfer to another container. My plan is to place another container underneath with ice to draw down the heat. Then the container has to be put in the space where it will be used and allow the CO to build up before entering to have the least amount of symptoms.

This method requires at least 3 hours to prepare with this brand of charcoal, it's good to practice first with the chimney starter and setup, know how long it takes for any sleeping or anxiety meds to kick in, etc.

I may update this soon if I have more info, so scroll down to check. This is just what I know so far.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: ItsBeenTooLong, InTheAirTonight and shipwreck
S

Steph123

May 29, 2020
I have tried the Charcoal method, I think the reason I failed was the room was 2 big.

I used one 4kg bag of charcoal. Fell asleep after probably an hour or little more.

Had a bottle of wine while waiting to fall asleep. Experienced No pain or discomfort, little dizzy and then fell asleep.

Unfortunately couple of hours later (maybe 4) someone got home and broke the door down and phoned the ambulance.

Woke up in hospital pretty angry and confused. I did leave a note on the door to not open etc.

This was late last year.

I am wondering how the people in Asia die so easily with small amount of charcoal...

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
I am wondering how the people in Asia die so easily with small amount of charcoal...

They use a different kind of charcoal that is much more toxic.

S

Steph123

May 29, 2020
I am no expert on charcoal or this method, but does the toxicity matter? I am asking because the method of dying is not about inhaling toxic fumes, but the conversion of oxygen in the blood to Carbon M.

Reactions: InTheAirTonight
InTheAirTonight

InTheAirTonight

I tried
Feb 29, 2020
Chimney starter tip and info:

There must be ventilation under chimney starter or the newspaper will keep going out. You can set it on top of a grill, but I don't have one, so I put it on top of a rack I took out of the oven and placed on some bowls, coffee cups would also work.

I filled the chimney starter with Kingsford charcoal, it took almost a full hour for the flames to go down and they were still glowing red with a very low flame. There was a ton of smoke for a very long time.

If you take diazepam, which takes an hour to really take effect (test beforehand), I would recommend taking it when the flames have died down (as well as some ibuprofen or paracetamol) as it's still going to be a while before the coals have cooled enough to turn ash white, then transfer to another container. My plan is to place another container underneath with ice to draw down the heat. Then the container has to be put in the space where it will be used and allow the CO to build up before entering to have the least amount of symptoms.

This method requires at least 3 hours to prepare with this brand of charcoal, it's good to practice first with the chimney starter and setup, know how long it takes for any sleeping or anxiety meds to kick in, etc.

I may update this soon if I have more info, so scroll down to check. This is just what I know so far.
Good info, I'm thinking of doing the charcoal method in my car instead of SN. Gonna buy the TPI 707 and do several trial runs while recording the CO levels. Hoping to reach 10,000 ppm. Just worried about the heat build up in the car.

Reactions: Meditation guide
S

Steph123

May 29, 2020
Good info, I'm thinking of doing the charcoal method in my car instead of SN. Gonna buy the TPI 707 and do several trial runs while recording the CO levels. Hoping to reach 10,000 ppm. Just worried about the heat build up in the car.

My first choice would be in a car, in the winter, unfortunately bank repossessed my car haha.

InTheAirTonight

InTheAirTonight

I tried
Feb 29, 2020
My first choice would be in a car, in the winter, unfortunately bank repossessed my car haha.
Yea doing it during winter time seems perfect. I heard people using a basin of water to cool down the coals but that would just turn the car into a sauna...

D

DeepSleep

Student
Aug 8, 2018
We're not alone in this type of questions, look it up on Quora:

and Related questions:

What emits more carbon monoxide when burnt, charcoal, coal, or activated charcoal?
What are the common/easy ways to produce carbon monoxide?
Is death by carbon monoxide painful? Why or why not?
How can you produce 100% carbon monoxide?
What are the most common sources of carbon monoxide?
Can I buy carbon monoxide?
How long does it approximately take to kill a lying human with carbon monoxide?
Does activated charcoal emit carbon monoxide when burnt on a charcoal grill?
How does carbon monoxide kill people?
How long do I have to wait for carbon monoxide to kill me?
How long would it take for carbon monoxide to kill me in a small room?
How long will it take before one feels the effect of carbon monoxide poisoning

L

Living sucks

Mar 27, 2020
We're not alone in this type of questions, look it up on Quora:

and Related questions:

What emits more carbon monoxide when burnt, charcoal, coal, or activated charcoal?
What are the common/easy ways to produce carbon monoxide?
Is death by carbon monoxide painful? Why or why not?
How can you produce 100% carbon monoxide?
What are the most common sources of carbon monoxide?
Can I buy carbon monoxide?
How long does it approximately take to kill a lying human with carbon monoxide?
Does activated charcoal emit carbon monoxide when burnt on a charcoal grill?
How does carbon monoxide kill people?
How long do I have to wait for carbon monoxide to kill me?
How long would it take for carbon monoxide to kill me in a small room?
How long will it take before one feels the effect of carbon monoxide poisoning
When you find those answers, post em back here.

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020

The update is in the link below with more detailed about the chimney starter, Kingsford charcoal, and the method. Cross-posting the thread of the failed attempt for reference. Any comments or questions, please post on that thread to keep it all in one place. I won't be checking this megathread. Thanks.

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/charcoal-method-fail-and-things-i-learned.40876/

Pupu

Pupu

Jan 28, 2020
CO poisoning might cause pinkish discolouring on skin. As I thought it I did just think it is even colour. Like a blush. But after googling a little it looks pretty awful, spotted. One of the reason I want to use this method is I just want to fall asleep without pain. Another reason is my family. I don't want them to find me headless, with broken body, blood everywhere or.... as a smurf. But now I realise CO might not be better than SN at this point. I guess pink > blue, but is there any way to pretend this discolouring to happen?

Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
Here's an interesting potential alternative to charcoal or generators: wood pellet storage. No burning involved; just storage.

Reactions: a.h, InTheAirTonight and ItsBeenTooLong
M

Meowkin

Student
May 6, 2020
I'm new to the site and want some advice. I won't be an active member and I don't have concrete plans to ctb but I would like to know that I am in control of things.

I have a small car and I've purchased 3 disposable BBQs from a supermarket - all are around 500G. Lumpwood charcol. I've got 3 bricks in the boot (trunk) for them to rest on, and I've got a bag with gaffer tape for the windows, doors and vents. I've got a book to read, a notepad to write in and I am considering something to help me go to sleep. I originally thought to just wait until I'm really tired but adrenaline is a mo'fo. I don't smoke weed anymore but can easily get some, I'm fairly sure it would put me to sleep as my tolerance is gone (it's been years) and I'm pretty boring in that I don't know anyone who can get me knock-out pills (or what would work). I'm a big guy. Just over 6'2 and 300lbs.

I've read stories about people who have gone with less than this and just want to make sure I'm not missing anything. I've got a quiet spot picked out and I think that if it comes to it I'll be okay.

I'm not a fetishist and I'm not looking for attention. Good luck to you all in whatever you decide to do. I'm being honest. I'm not actively planning to go - I haven't got a date - but knowing it's in my hands brings me more comfort than I can say. I just don't want to have to try twice. Thanks in advance.
Try using the charcoal for barbecues every now and then so you have a feel for lighting the charcoal etc. You might be more comfortable with the method after you've familiarised yourself with charcoal.

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
I am considering building a carbon monoxide setup like the one someone has pictured.. I saw a video on how to make one with a water bath to eliminate the aerosole particles of acid as I don't want to inhale those and burn my throat and esophagus.
I also read that 1. you need to drip the sulphuric acid into the formic acid, and 2. the reaction can take a while unless it's heated. So not being a chemist I have some questions.

There is also mention the acids need to be only in glass or pvc plastic and that's hard to do when running it through tubing. Lots of questions for a chemist who knows these things as I do NOT want to get it wrong. In that photo there seem to be two reaction chambers (the place where the two chemicals mix together) rather than one and I assume the large middle container is the water bath. Is anyone else going to attempt to make one of these?

Reactions: Kokomi_20, pthnrdnojvsc and Pupu
C

cappuccinogirl

Experienced
Aug 11, 2018
Hi Which pic / video do you mean. ? Look up gulps machine and there's a thread on sulphuric and formic acid. Are you thinking of using a mask? Xx

QUOTE="Meditation guide, post: 759734, member: 19082"]
I am considering building a carbon monoxide setup like the one someone has pictured.. I saw a video on how to make one with a water bath to eliminate the aerosole particles of acid as I don't want to inhale those and burn my throat and esophagus.
I also read that 1. you need to drip the sulphuric acid into the formic acid, and 2. the reaction can take a while unless it's heated. So not being a chemist I have some questions.

There is also mention the acids need to be only in glass or pvc plastic and that's hard to do when running it through tubing. Lots of questions for a chemist who knows these things as I do NOT want to get it wrong. In that photo there seem to be two reaction chambers (the place where the two chemicals mix together) rather than one and I assume the large middle container is the water bath. Is anyone else going to attempt to make one of these?
[/QUOTE]

Pupu

Pupu

Jan 28, 2020

I didn't know it the reaction was slow I thought it is quite fast and gets a bit heated when the reaction is going on. But about containers, it depends on how long you're planning to keep them. If you are only talking about mixing situation I guess LDPE and PMP are what I'm going to use.

Lastsauce

Lastsauce

Experienced
Dec 22, 2019
I am considering building a carbon monoxide setup like the one someone has pictured..
I guess LDPE and PMP are what I'm going to use.

In this thread https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/formic-acid-sulphuric-acid-method.233/page-5
Joannf/Paco the Last(rip) tests and builds formic+sulphuric acid setup with soapy water scrubber.
Lots of great information there.

Last edited:
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, Meditation guide and cappuccinogirl
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
Hi Which pic / video do you mean. ? Look up gulps machine and there's a thread on sulphuric and formic acid. Are you thinking of using a mask? Xx

QUOTE="Meditation guide, post: 759734, member: 19082"]

[/QUOTE]
I've seen the videos on the GULPS machine and that's what I'm going to make. A few things in that I didn't understand such as why the water was coming out and if he actually did have it heated. There are two versions of that video, one where he tips over a glass jar to combine the two acids, and one where the jar (reaction chamber) is sitting on a black pedistal. I've watched several videos on youtube and they all involved heating the acids and the reaction stops unless heated.

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
In this thread https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/formic-acid-sulphuric-acid-method.233/page-5
Joannf/Paco the Last(rip) tests and builds formic+sulphuric acid setup with soapy water scrubber.
Lots of great information there.
THANK YOU SO MUCH! Just the info I was hoping for. I feel such a relief as that makes a lot of sense. Now to find a house to rent intead of this apartment.

Last edited:
Reactions: cappuccinogirl, pthnrdnojvsc and Lastsauce
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
onna buy the TPI 707 and do several trial runs while recording the CO levels. Hoping to reach 10,000 ppm. Just worried about the heat build up in the car.
I want to get that one too. I hope you post here what results you get. That video of the Australian guy using a meter and an old car in the woods was so pixelated you couldn't tell what the reading on his meter was, if you saw that one.

InTheAirTonight

InTheAirTonight

I tried
Feb 29, 2020
I want to get that one too. I hope you post here what results you get. That video of the Australian guy using a meter and an old car in the woods was so pixelated you couldn't tell what the reading on his meter was, if you saw that one.
Which video?

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
Which video?
I'm a member of Peaceful Pill and have the handbook. There is a video where a man has an old car in the woods. He makes one of those co generators with a PVC jar with lid, inside is a smaller jar, and to mix the two acids he pulls out a small stick to allow the one acid to drip into the other acid. He measures the amount of co in the car with a meter and you can't see the reading on it since the video is so terribly pixelated.

That video is so frustrating. For example, how does the gas escape from the device? In reality the way it's set up it might explode as he makes no mention of any way for the gas to escape from the jars. If you mix those acids up in a closed jar, you need some way for it to escape. Why are they so haphazard when they make these devices and videos? He says the small device will generate off the scale amounts of co in seconds and you will be dead in minutes, which simply isn't believable.

I've watched about 3 videos on making co on youtube. Every one of them uses heat to get the mixture of the two acids to produce co. One guy holds a lighter under the reaction chamber, in his case a test tube. When he stops holding a lighter under it, it stops making co. He then holds his lighter under the test tube and it again makes co. If you are interested do a youtube search for making carbon monoxide.
I'm a member of Peaceful Pill and have the handbook. There is a video where a man has an old car in the woods. He makes one of those co generators with a PVC jar with lid, inside is a smaller jar, and to mix the two acids he pulls out a small stick to allow the one acid to drip into the other acid. He measures the amount of co in the car with a meter and you can't see the reading on it since the video is so terribly pixelated.
Look up gulps machine and there's a thread on sulphuric and formic acid. Are you thinking of using a mask?
I know myself well and would probably take off the mask, possibly while I'm semi conscious. I have a very strong SI. So I have ruled that out, for myself.

Last edited:
Reactions: -L-