D

DeepSleep

Student
Aug 8, 2018
What do you think about a stainless steel smoker box?
You put your charcoal inside, close the lid, but NOT tightly, leaving a narrow slit.
Then you put it on a butane / propane portable stove.
By playing with the temperature and air intake you can get a controlled pyrolysis CO reaction.

I wish I had a CO meter to try.

Attachments

• smoker.jpg
    smoker.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 7
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc
Pupu

Pupu

Jan 28, 2020
In this thread https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/formic-acid-sulphuric-acid-method.233/page-5
Joannf/Paco the Last(rip) tests and builds formic+sulphuric acid setup with soapy water scrubber.
Lots of great information there.
Yeah, I've read it, it is useful indeed and isn't as messy as this megathread. Actually, it was her posts that made me join here :)

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc and Lastsauce
M

Meowkin

Student
May 6, 2020
I think charcoal is a viable method. In principle all it requires is enough carbon monoxide in an enclosed space.

How much charcoal to use is probably what concerns most people. I think it's hard to be exact given different brands and types of charcoal might give out different amounts of carbon monoxide. 6kgs and above is probably fine in a reasonably sized enclosed space.

Car, tent or room in house/hotel is probably where it will be carried out. I personally am choosing to go in a room and have plenty of tape to seal doors and windows. There's no smoke or co alarm in the room so I won't have to worry about that.

Charcoal might be tricky to light up. It's made a lot easier if you have a charcoal chimney and a gas stove. It's possible to get wood charcoal to light even without the chimney and gas stove. Specialty charcoal like ogatan and binchotan are harder to light than normal wood charcoal and I wouldn't recommend either unless you have a chimney and gas stove.

Comfort issues include heat and the time it could take for co to build up. I've picked a room with air conditioning so I don't bail because of the heat (I've done that before when I tried in the bathroom). Or attempt in winter.

A sleeping pill that would knock you out say in 10 minutes would be ideal so you don't feel the effects of co. I can't get sleeping pills so I'm going to try timing my attempt with my normal sleep cycle. I'll also be taking an anti emetic and painkiller for nausea and headache beforehand just in case. Hopefully they'll make me drowsy.

• Hugs
Reactions: rayofsunshine, Chiyuki99, luneetétoiles and 2 others
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
What do you think about a stainless steel smoker box?
You put your charcoal inside, close the lid, but NOT tightly, leaving a narrow slit.
Then you put it on a butane / propane portable stove.
By playing with the temperature and air intake you can get a controlled pyrolysis CO reaction.

I wish I had a CO meter to try.
There has to be carbon burning. Not sure that would actually work.
I think charcoal is a viable method. In principle all it requires is enough carbon monoxide in an enclosed space.

How much charcoal to use is probably what concerns most people. I think it's hard to be exact given different brands and types of charcoal might give out different amounts of carbon monoxide. 6kgs and above is probably fine in a reasonably sized enclosed space.

Car, tent or room in house/hotel is probably where it will be carried out. I personally am choosing to go in a room and have plenty of tape to seal doors and windows. There's no smoke or co alarm in the room so I won't have to worry about that.

Charcoal might be tricky to light up. It's made a lot easier if you have a charcoal chimney and a gas stove. It's possible to get wood charcoal to light even without the chimney and gas stove. Specialty charcoal like ogatan and binchotan are harder to light than normal wood charcoal and I wouldn't recommend either unless you have a chimney and gas stove.

Comfort issues include heat and the time it could take for co to build up. I've picked a room with air conditioning so I don't bail because of the heat (I've done that before when I tried in the bathroom). Or attempt in winter.

A sleeping pill that would knock you out say in 10 minutes would be ideal so you don't feel the effects of co. I can't get sleeping pills so I'm going to try timing my attempt with my normal sleep cycle. I'll also be taking an anti emetic and painkiller for nausea and headache beforehand just in case. Hopefully they'll make me drowsy.
I've thought about doing it in an air conditioned room too. I'm afraid the incoming air would dilute the carbon monoxide too much. The successful attempts I've heard of with charcoal were always done when it was cold outside.

I've thought the best place would be a walk in closet. And putting a small refridgerator in there with the door open, so you don't get that air conditioning blasting into the room. Carbon monoxide is explosive though so I'm not sure about having any electrical appliance in the toom.

Last edited:
Reactions: luneetétoiles
Pupu

Pupu

Jan 28, 2020
I wouldn't do it with the airconditioner. But if I would be worried about the heat I would first cool down the room with the conditioner so it is even more cold than you would prefer. So when it starts to warm up from your charcoal, it gets bearable atleast at that moment you're still conscious. During attempt I would keep the conditioner off.

Reactions: luneetétoiles
C

cappuccinogirl

Experienced
Aug 11, 2018
I've seen the videos on the GULPS machine and that's what I'm going to make. A few things in that I didn't understand such as why the water was coming out and if he actually did have it heated. There are two versions of that video, one where he tips over a glass jar to combine the two acids, and one where the jar (reaction chamber) is sitting on a black pedistal. I've watched several videos on youtube and they all involved heating the acids and the reaction stops unless heated.
[/QUOTE]
Hi I know of the gulps video on vimeo I think it's called. What's the other one please? Info on other thread doesn't really mention heating. Got my basic water wash, was wondering about using oxygen mask as in gulps as more convenient in a bigger room unfortunately. Not sure how reliable. / airtight that would be. Ppl are sometimes using scuba diving masks for other things. P pill just uses canula. Thanks
Will this work?

250ml formic acid. 450ml sulphuric acid. Formic acid is currently in the metal pan. Put the sulphuric acid from the glass into the pan. Goes through the tubing, passes through the water bath, and I breathe through the mask.

Is it good enough?
Hi only heard of plastic containers but no idea why. is that just an ordinary oxygen mask? Do you feel it's air tight on you? Xx

Last edited:
Yaalya

Yaalya

May 7, 2019
did a test today with my tpi 707 carbon monoxide analyzer, used 2,8kg charcoal briketts (weber) in a medium bbq grill. the room size was 12 m3

here the result:

after 5 min (14:47) – 827 ppm
after 10 min (14:52) – 1670 ppm
after 15 min (14:57) – 2337 ppm
after 20 min (15:02) – 2924 ppm
after 25 min (15:07) – 3362 ppm
after 30 min (15:12) – 3860 ppm
after 35 min (15:17) – 4333 ppm
after 40 min (15:22) – 4760 ppm
after 45 min (15:27) – 5115 ppm
after 50 min (15:32) – 5460 ppm
after 60 min (15:42) – 6053 ppm
after 1h10 min (15:52) – 6521 ppm
after 1h20 min (16:02) – 6928 ppm
after 1h30 min (16:12) – 7170 ppm
after 1h40 min (16:22) – 7301 ppm
after 1h50 min (16:32) – 7375 ppm
after 2h (16:42) – 7371 ppm

next time will use more charcoal and hope to reach 10000ppm ;)

I would recommend anyone who is considering this method to do tests with a measuring device beforehand.

Reactions: Kokomi_20, greenpictureframe, cappuccinogirl and 8 others
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
did a test today with my tpi 707 carbon monoxide analyzer, used 2,8kg charcoal briketts (weber) in a medium bbq grill. the room size was 12 m3
Very nice! I have a couple of questions. 1. how did you see the readings in the room while it was filing with carbon monoxide? I ask because I want to do what you are doing to test it out. 2. Regarding the room size can you tell me what 12 m3 means please? I'm in USA where we use feet instead of meters, so what does the 3 mean please? Are you saying it was 12 meters length, width and ceiling height? Thank you for your post.

also did you allow the charcoal to burn to an ash first before putting it in the room and how long did that take? Thanks again.

Last edited:
Reactions: Yaalya
Yaalya

Yaalya

May 7, 2019
1. I used the "alfred camera" app with my iphone and monitored the process live on my pc
2. m3 means m³ which means cubic meters. 12 cubic meters are 423 cubic feet if google is not wrong. the room is about 5 meters long, 0.8 meters wide and 3.5 meters high

i used 2 starters and waited about 50-55 minutes until the coals were coated with an ash layer.

Reactions: HopelessFashionista, pthnrdnojvsc and Meditation guide
HopelessFashionista

HopelessFashionista

Jul 8, 2019
1. I used the "alfred camera" app with my iphone and monitored the process live on my pc
2. m3 means m³ which means cubic meters. 12 cubic meters are 423 cubic feet if google is not wrong. the room is about 5 meters long, 0.8 meters wide and 3.5 meters high

i used 2 starters and waited about 50-55 minutes until the coals were coated with an ash layer.

0.8 meters wide? Well that's awfully small. Is this a very long, narrow room?

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
0.8 meters wide? Well that's awfully small. Is this a very long, narrow room?
Agree. I checked and that is only 2.5 feet wide. I'm wondering what kind of room that is. I really am very interested in this and would love to try it. Maybe it is a tool closet. Or a long narrow hallway.

It would be good to have a door or window to the outside of the test room that could be opened from the outside so you do not have to open all that CO into the room you are standing in.

Last edited:
C

Cleopatra123

Arcanist
Jun 8, 2019
I have answered all of these questions before (or someone else did, even several times) - I did a description about how to light the bricks (I think that was in October/November), and I have described how you can insulate a tent (just these last weeks. It's EASY and can be done with ANY tent), others have given extremely valuable information about measures, and amounts of charcoal needed per cbm... but somehow most of the geniuses who 'read this thread' of biblical length, that I can read through completely within about an hour, have either not found or not understood these statements... that is a sad thing to know. People, please ! It's all there. It's not that I refuse to answer it all again, I'm actually planning to - but it takes time, and I now know it will make absolutely no sense to do so. A few pages onward, the same questions will be asked again.
Read all the posts and comments. It's all there.
I understand, there are many pages here, and I know I read it, but it is hard to find. Can't the total information be listed out systematically and entered in the resource area.

L

Living sucks

Forced out of life before I wanted to leave
Mar 27, 2020
I understand, there are many pages here, and I know I read it, but it is hard to find. Can't the total information be listed out systematically and entered in the resource area.
The poster you've quoted has been gone almost a year. They can't answer you.
This is the systemic thread and posted in the resource area.
your best bet might be go to Joannf's profile and read thru her posting history and find the pertinent info you would like to read. You can bookmark those posts for easier reference

L

Living sucks

Mar 27, 2020
lots of good info in this thread

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/update-i-failed.18579/

Reactions: AnxietyAttack44
P

pua

Nov 19, 2019
how can we do this method in summer because weather is too hot with the hot coals it can be unbearable,has anybody have an idea about that?

Last edited:
L

Living sucks

Mar 27, 2020
how can we do this method in summer because weather is too hot with the hot coals it can be unbearable,has anybody have an idea about that?
Wait for winter. Or drive to the mountains. There is no answer for this.

Reactions: AnxietyAttack44
T

Tiredsotired

Jun 26, 2020
I went to an asian supermarket today (I live in Montreal) and they were selling BBQ bamboo charcoal. It is similar to this: https://bbqcharcoal.ltd/ but not the same brand. It says that this kind of charcoal is easy to ignite, makes no flame, burns for a long time, the temperature of char is stable and there is no burst phenomenon. No smoke will be generated during burning, less ash, and easy to fall off. The starter kit was included.

I think this would be ideal to start in my small apartment and then I could ctb in the bathroom. I am deathly afraid of my building's fire alarm, all the tenants would have to evacuate and the firemen will know exactly where the smoke comes from. We've had so many false alarms here because the smoke detectors are so sensitive. The fact that this type of charcoal makes no flame is really intresting. Any opinions would be welcomed, this is one of my preferred method.

L

Living sucks

Mar 27, 2020
I went to an asian supermarket today (I live in Montreal) and they were selling BBQ bamboo charcoal. It is similar to this: https://bbqcharcoal.ltd/ but not the same brand. It says that this kind of charcoal is easy to ignite, makes no flame, burns for a long time, the temperature of char is stable and there is no burst phenomenon. No smoke will be generated during burning, less ash, and easy to fall off. The starter kit was included.

I think this would be ideal to start in my small apartment and then I could ctb in the bathroom. I am deathly afraid of my building's fire alarm, all the tenants would have to evacuate and the firemen will know exactly where the smoke comes from. We've had so many false alarms here because the smoke detectors are so sensitive. The fact that this type of charcoal makes no flame is really intresting. Any opinions would be welcomed, this is one of my preferred method.
Don't know about the charcoal but you could put your neighbors at risk by doing it in an apartment.. not a good idea.
The US has guidelines for charcoal etc so I'm sure it has to meet that criteria and probly not as dangerous as the Asian charcoal used commonly in Asia.

Reactions: Pupu and Tiredsotired
M

Meowkin

Student
May 6, 2020

To get the charcoal to burn, it needs to be lit and there will be varying degrees of smoke in the lighting phase depending on what you use to light the charcoal. Using a gas stove to light the charcoal produces a minimal amount of smoke.
Air conditioner. There was a news report you can google about a Chinese tourist ctbing in Thailand using this method with the aircon on.

Reactions: Tiredsotired
T

Tiredsotired

Jun 26, 2020
To get the charcoal to burn, it needs to be lit and there will be varying degrees of smoke in the lighting phase depending on what you use to light the charcoal. Using a gas stove to light the charcoal produces a minimal amount of smoke.
I have a butane gas stove.
Don't know about the charcoal but you could put your neighbors at risk by doing it in an apartment.. not a good idea.
The US has guidelines for charcoal etc so I'm sure it has to meet that criteria and probly not as dangerous as the Asian charcoal used commonly in Asia.
It's too bad I didn't think of this when I travelled twice to South Korea and twice to Thailand. I could've brought home some of their charcoal. I just discovered this site and this method.

Last edited:
C

Cleopatra123

Arcanist
Jun 8, 2019

It sounds nice considering, but, I would be afraid of those alarms; if you're not sure about the smoke, why not do a trial run in a private place. A tent or minivan are most recommended; I had thought of going to a motel in the country which had separate cottages. Good luck.

T

Tiredsotired

Jun 26, 2020
It sounds nice considering, but, I would be afraid of those alarms; if you're not sure about the smoke, why not do a trial run in a private place. A tent or minivan are most recommended; I had thought of going to a motel in the country which had separate cottages. Good luck.
You're right, I should do a trial run. Maybe first light up only one or two briquettes and see how much smoke they produce and test the smell. If it was my final method, I'd do it in the winter with the windows open when it's -30C outside to air out the apartment as much as possible. It would be at around 3-4 a.m. when all the neighbors are asleep with their windows closed. If it doesn't produce too much smoke, I might consider doing it in the car but the risk of being saved by a passerby worries me too much.

C

Cleopatra123

Arcanist
Jun 8, 2019
You're right, I should do a trial run. Maybe first light up only one or two briquettes and see how much smoke they produce and test the smell. If it was my final method, I'd do it in the winter with the windows open when it's -30C outside to air out the apartment as much as possible. It would be at around 3-4 a.m. when all the neighbors are asleep with their windows closed. If it doesn't produce too much smoke, I might consider doing it in the car but the risk of being saved by a passerby worries me too much.
You are not supposed to use this method with any windows open, actually, you are supposed to tape closed any spaces where air may get in from anywhere, or CO fumes can escape : an airtight space.

Reactions: Tiredsotired and Pupu
Pupu

Pupu

Jan 28, 2020
You are not supposed to use this method with any windows open, actually, you are supposed to tape closed any spaces where air may get in from anywhere, or CO fumes can escape : an airtight space.
This. You have to keep the window closed. If there is need to cool down the temperature in the room, I would do it before the attempt. Then close the window and start the ride.

T

Tiredsotired

Jun 26, 2020
I should've been more specific. I meant to have the windows open when starting (lighting) the charcoal to air out the apartment. When the charcoal has burned down and is ready to produce the CO, I would bring it in my sealed bathroom to ctb.

C

Cleopatra123

Arcanist
Jun 8, 2019
suicide-methods/statistics-most-lethal-methods. There was a while ago complete lists of methods for CO and others, but outside pressure seems to have had a hand in their departure. Read the post I've listed first, follow it to further reading and the CO methods. There were some posts on here with excellent directions from "Joaniff" I'm not sure of the spelling of her name, I had it bookmarked but lost it. If anyone drops by who knows where her information was, please let us know, and how to save that material safely. Thanks and good luck to all.

L

Laiterme

Jul 18, 2020
Does a 2003 Honda Accord in the garage seem doable? There will be pretty much no chance for interruption during the period I have in mind -- no one else around the house -- but I'm paranoid about failing and going on with serious brain damage.

C

Cleopatra123

Arcanist
Jun 8, 2019
Does a 2003 Honda Accord in the garage seem doable? There will be pretty much no chance for interruption during the period I have in mind -- no one else around the house -- but I'm paranoid about failing and going on with serious brain damage.
The heat from the CO could cause a fire if too near anything flammable. You would need to protect the floors by putting the burning charcoal on some bricks, and keep upholstery away; make sure the coals are not smoking and red hot but not on fire before your bring them in. A small car could get very hot, and could be distracting. And, it depends on the privacy of the garage.

Reactions: Laiterme
L

Laiterme

Jul 18, 2020
Ok. I meant just letting the car run. As I understand it, a 2003 vehicle would be less reliable for this than much older cars.