C

Cleopatra123

Arcanist
Jun 8, 2019
Ok. I meant just letting the car run. As I understand it, a 2003 vehicle would be less reliable for this than much older cars.
No, the car would have to be much older, with modern carbon regulations.

D

designsbyryder

Jul 2, 2020
As I was grilling tonight, I took note to how the coals work. Once they are burned to an ash grey, they burn hot and they burn clean and they burn for a LONG time. These were charcoal briquettes with lighter fluid, which I have read not to use.

Big letters on the bag: carbon monoxide can kill you. My only concern would be heat. I had planned on using this method in my vehicle using a portable grill and a chimney starter to avoid using lighter fluid. The portable grill would be adequate for a proper amount of charcoal, which seems to be around three pounds according to this post.

However, judging by the heat it gives off, this might not be the best location during the summer months (which I am currently in), so my next choice would be my bathroom. It's the smallest room in the house if I can't wait until it's colder. I can easily seal off the bathroom fan and door gap. I figure with a larger room, I could light up my medium size grill outside and when it's done burning just drag it into the bathroom. This would yield about five or six pounds of charcoal.

Either option would give one plenty of time to prepare to drink or take sleeping pills to aid in falling asleep. By the time it burns off, and builds up the carbon monoxide in the enclosure, I feel you could be well on the way of being a bit drunk or sleepy. Both of the options would work for myself, as it would be well into the morning before I was found in my vehicle and possibly a few days in my bathroom. I have no one to check up on me.

I am avoiding reading too much into this method as I believe it is about as fool proof as you can get with proper preparation and overthinking it will lead to mistakes. I also believe this method is the best as most internet sites avoid discussing this method because there is little to go wrong, so kinda "we won't mention it because we don't want anyone knowing about it."

So to sum up, I believe with proper preparation and avoiding calculations, overthinking measurements and what could go wrong, this method is your most peaceful and solid way to "shuffle off this mortal coil."

I hope this helped anyone debating this method.

Reactions: Down&Out and InTheAirTonight
C

Cleopatra123

Arcanist
Jun 8, 2019
As I was grilling tonight, I took note to how the coals work. Once they are burned to an ash grey, they burn hot and they burn clean and they burn for a LONG time. These were charcoal briquettes with lighter fluid, which I have read not to use.

Big letters on the bag: carbon monoxide can kill you. My only concern would be heat. I had planned on using this method in my vehicle using a portable grill and a chimney starter to avoid using lighter fluid. The portable grill would be adequate for a proper amount of charcoal, which seems to be around three pounds according to this post.

However, judging by the heat it gives off, this might not be the best location during the summer months (which I am currently in), so my next choice would be my bathroom. It's the smallest room in the house if I can't wait until it's colder. I can easily seal off the bathroom fan and door gap. I figure with a larger room, I could light up my medium size grill outside and when it's done burning just drag it into the bathroom. This would yield about five or six pounds of charcoal.

Either option would give one plenty of time to prepare to drink or take sleeping pills to aid in falling asleep. By the time it burns off, and builds up the carbon monoxide in the enclosure, I feel you could be well on the way of being a bit drunk or sleepy. Both of the options would work for myself, as it would be well into the morning before I was found in my vehicle and possibly a few days in my bathroom. I have no one to check up on me.

I am avoiding reading too much into this method as I believe it is about as fool proof as you can get with proper preparation and overthinking it will lead to mistakes. I also believe this method is the best as most internet sites avoid discussing this method because there is little to go wrong, so kinda "we won't mention it because we don't want anyone knowing about it."

So to sum up, I believe with proper preparation and avoiding calculations, overthinking measurements and what could go wrong, this method is your most peaceful and solid way to "shuffle off this mortal coil."

It does seem like the easiest and painless method. One caveat to be advised of: there have been reports of survival and permanent damage. In one case, where two people were involved, one died, and the other lived and was arrested for assisted suicide. Then again, usually, if one survives, and is able, they are sent to mental institutions for rehabilitation. I would be really careful that all items are prepared correctly: coals, enclosure (tent, bathroom, auto). It's worth being sure to do all as proscribed.

Reactions: Kokomi_20 and designsbyryder
M

mr nobody

Apr 8, 2020

I know for a fact it would work in the car as I was successful in passing out, but someone got to me extremely quickly so I survived. I'm very hesitant about the bathroom as the room is much bigger and it's trial and error with the amount of charcoal to use. Also, there has to be 100% seal on the gaps and vents which makes it very iffy to me. also you don't want the carbon monoxide detectors going off and possibly bringing attention to the house.

D

designsbyryder

Jul 2, 2020
I know for a fact it would work in the car as I was successful in passing out, but someone got to me extremely quickly so I survived. I'm very hesitant about the bathroom as the room is much bigger and it's trial and error with the amount of charcoal to use. Also, there has to be 100% seal on the gaps and vents which makes it very iffy to me. also you don't want the carbon monoxide detectors going off and possibly bringing attention to the house.
I did dismantle the only detector. The car is preferable. Put on some tunes and go to sleep. Was there much heat? Bearable?

M

mr nobody

Apr 8, 2020
I did dismantle the only detector. The car is preferable. Put on some tunes and go to sleep. Was there much heat? Bearable?

So there was a lot of heat and it melted my glove compartment, but as far as comfort goes, I didn't really feel uncomfortable. I did this back in April during the afternoon. It was probably in the 70s. I'm actually going to try tonight if I can muster the courage to do so. I have been drinking to lower my anxiety and then I'll attempt to start the grill.

Reactions: InTheAirTonight
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
I know for a fact it would work in the car as I was successful in passing out,
Did it get hot in the car? Were you breathing smoke? How did you set it up so the interior of the car wouldn't melt or catch on fire? Did you wait until the coals were ash to put the grill in the car? Any details you can give would be appreciated.

You must have been in the driver's seat. Are you going to put the grill in the area of the glove compartment again? That melting plastic has to be very toxic.

Last edited:
M

mr nobody

Apr 8, 2020
Did it get hot in the car? Were you breathing smoke? How did you set it up so the interior of the car wouldn't melt or catch on fire? Did you wait until the coals were ash to put the grill in the car? Any details you can give would be appreciated.

You must have been in the driver's seat. Are you going to put the grill in the area of the glove compartment again? That melting plastic has to be very toxic.

There was no smoke. I burned the charcoal until it was grey with no flames. My glove compartment melted because it was right above the grill. I will be doing it again but I removed the glove compartment this time. I do t remember I being hot inside in the car. I wouldn't recommend it doing it in very hot weather though. I would wait u til the night when the temps drop.

Reactions: Meditation guide
P

pua

Nov 19, 2019
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/i-failed-with-co-method-last-night.25448/

i am so confused ,he did everything right but he failed, i cant understand what was the problem

L

Living sucks

Forced out of life before I wanted to leave
Mar 27, 2020
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/i-failed-with-co-method-last-night.25448/

i am so confused ,he did everything right but he failed, i cant understand what was the problem
He put the coals in the boot and not in the car

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
I know for a fact it would work in the car as I was successful in passing out, but someone got to me extremely quickly so I survived.
So you were passed out but came to after you were woken up and left the car? Do you remember passing out? Was there a headache, body aches, confusion before you passed out?

Sorry for all the questions but it's good to know...

M

mr nobody

Apr 8, 2020
So you were passed out but came to after you were woken up and left the car? Do you remember passing out? Was there a headache, body aches, confusion before you passed out?

Sorry for all the questions but it's good to know...

No I passed out, and I had sent a text when I felt lightheaded to my girlfriend to say goodbye, but she saw it immediately and came to the house. I was passed out when she got to me. She had a spare key to my car so she was able to unlock the doors and they took me away in an ambulance. I did not wake up until I got to the hospital. I did not experience any symptoms prior to passing out. I didn't feel any pain. It happened so quickly.

Reactions: Spitfire
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
It happened so quickly.
So you put the grill in the car and got in the car and how soon after did you feel dizzy? Or did you put the grill in the car for a while, then get into the car later?

You said you felt lightheaded and sent her a text. So you must have been in there a while first? How long before you felt lightheaded?

Last edited:
L

Living sucks

Forced out of life before I wanted to leave
Mar 27, 2020
So you put the grill in the car and got in the car and how soon after did you feel dizzy? Or did you put the grill in the car for a while, then get into the car later?

You said you felt lightheaded and sent her a text. So you must have been in there a while first? How long before you felt lightheaded?
Maybe the thread where he documented it will help you get the whole picture
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/unsuccessful-carbon-monoxide-attempt.37482/#post-695442

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
No I passed out, and I had sent a text when I felt lightheaded to my girlfriend to say goodbye, but she saw it immediately and came to the house. I was passed out when she got to me. She had a spare key to my car so she was able to unlock the doors and they took me away in an ambulance. I did not wake up until I got to the hospital. I did not experience any symptoms prior to passing out. I didn't feel any pain. It happened so quickly.
At least it was painless. I had mild CO poisoning once from a car running in the garage and had a bad headache and was in pain all over. Thanks for sharing that. They must have gotten to you really fast as I thought once you went unconscious it was all over quickly.

InTheAirTonight

InTheAirTonight

I tried
Feb 29, 2020
Anyone know if leaf blowers are viable? Hard to find any info on them. Not sure if I should do the charcoal or just go with a leaf blower. The latter seems easier but not sure I think they emit other toxic fumes. But If what they say is correct, a leaf blower should generate more CO. Although I do like the whole process involved with the charcoal method.
Either way, the only way to be sure is to do some trial runs before hand and measure the CO ppm. There seems to be only one device that can measure up to 10k CO ppm and it's expensive.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Serenity
C

Cleopatra123

Arcanist
Jun 8, 2019
Anyone know if leaf blowers are viable? Hard to find any info on them. Not sure if I should do the charcoal or just go with a leaf blower. The latter seems easier but not sure I think they emit other toxic fumes. But If what they say is correct, a leaf blower should generate more CO. Although I do like the whole process involved with the charcoal method.
Either way, the only way to be sure is to do some trial runs before hand and measure the CO ppm. There seems to be only one device that can measure up to 10k CO ppm and it's expensive.
I believe there are some indoor room heaters that create CO, but they are very expensive.

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
I'm really confused now about the need for 10,000 PPM. I've been reading things that say if it's more than 50 or 100 it is dangerous. And other things that say 1000 PPM is fatal.
Anyone know if leaf blowers are viable?
You know how loud those are right?

InTheAirTonight

InTheAirTonight

I tried
Feb 29, 2020
I'm really confused now about the need for 10,000 PPM. I've been reading things that say if it's more than 50 or 100 it is dangerous. And other things that say 1000 PPM is fatal.

You know how loud those are right?
I will buy protective earmuffs from hardware store. Also 10k ppm is desired because it only takes a couple breaths at that point.

• Hugs
Reactions: Kokomi_20, Serenity and Meditation guide
C

Cleopatra123

Arcanist
Jun 8, 2019
I will buy protective earmuffs from hardware store. Also 10k ppm is desired because it only takes a couple breaths at that point.
Can you please tell the name of these machines; and how expensive they are. Thanks

Lost.soul

Lost.soul

Jul 18, 2020
Friends, but as far as I know, carbon monoxide can be legally purchased in cylinders. And it will be much more reliable. Do you really need to generate it?

Reactions: Kokomi_20
M

mellow

Jul 19, 2020
bought a chimney starter and this: (per recommendations to use 'high quality' charcoal) Amazon product ASIN B07DJNT9JRI don't have a car. I planned to use a motel bathroom but worry I'll set off the smoke alarm and/or carbon monoxide detector. also afraid of poisoning guests in neighboring rooms, though there are fewer people traveling & booking rooms right now. Also worried I'll suffocate on smoke if I start it in the sealed off bathroom, but don't want to raise suspicion starting it outside the room then taking it inside. am I overthinking it ?

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
Last edited:
M

mellow

Jul 19, 2020
Of course you will, almost immediately.
I'm dumb, is there a way to disable it? this method has been used in hotels, via wikipedia "In July 1994, two students of Taipei First Girls' High School ended their lives by charcoal-burning in a hotel in Su'ao, Yilan"
I could use a family member's car but would feel bad about her associating it with my death. would that be too fucked up / morally wrong to do ? oh right, rental cars exist

Last edited:
C

Cleopatra123

Arcanist
Jun 8, 2019
bought a chimney starter and this: (per recommendations to use 'high quality' charcoal) Amazon product ASIN B07DJNT9JRI don't have a car. I planned to use a motel bathroom but worry I'll set off the smoke alarm and/or carbon monoxide detector. also afraid of poisoning guests in neighboring rooms, though there are fewer people traveling & booking rooms right now. Also worried I'll suffocate on smoke if I start it in the sealed off bathroom, but don't want to raise suspicion starting it outside the room then taking it inside. am I overthinking it ?
No, I don't think one can overthink this activity to get it right, hopefully. If you light the charcoal in the hotel room, the smoke there will set off an alarm: and one is not supposed to bring the coals inside the room until it is not smocking. If you have transportation to a more rural area, you could rent a cottage in the country: light the coals outside as a legitimate vacationer, and use the cottage bathroom.

• Love
Reactions: mellow
M

mellow

Jul 19, 2020
No, I don't think one can overthink this activity to get it right, hopefully. If you light the charcoal in the hotel room, the smoke there will set off an alarm: and one is not supposed to bring the coals inside the room until it is not smocking. If you have transportation to a more rural area, you could rent a cottage in the country: light the coals outside as a legitimate vacationer, and use the cottage bathroom.
Lovely. Thank you

Reactions: Cleopatra123
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
By law in our country any type of dwelling especially any for rent whether it's a motel or a cottage or house will have multiple carbon monoxide and smoke alarms. These usually are near the bedrooms and the garage.

How would one pick up a hot charcoal grill and carry it?

D

designsbyryder

Jul 2, 2020
By law in our country any type of dwelling especially any for rent whether it's a motel or a cottage or house will have multiple carbon monoxide and smoke alarms. These usually are near the bedrooms and the garage.

How would one pick up a hot charcoal grill and carry it?
Oven mitts.
I'm trying a dry run tonight. Seeing how long this process takes and if I can put it in my car with no issues.

Assuming I don't catch the bus during this run, I'll post how long it took and any tricks I'll learn.

1. Chimney starter
2. Lump charcoal (no lighter fluid).
3. Let charcoal burn until ash gray and no smoke.
4. Position portable grill in the back storage area of my Jeep. Careful not to melt or burn upholstery. This requires removing the back covering to the spare tire area which is advantageous because the floor is aluminum with no carpeting.
5. Time how long it takes for CO to build up.
6. Get in Jeep and see what effects I have. I won't drink because I want to make sure I have done everything correctly before my actual act, because when I'm ready, I don't want to wake up in a hospital.

Last edited:
R

rancho

Student
Jul 21, 2020
I don't suppose you can just take the cat converter out of your engine, can you?