Imagined_Euphoria

Imagined_Euphoria

Student
Aug 5, 2024
Not really. I'm a very honest person. Honest above all else I would dare to say. That makes conversations hard. But I can't help it, my autism makes it really hard, normies expect to be constantly lied to and I can't and don't want to.

Reactions: GargoyleFiend
Ashu

Ashu

novelist, sanskritist, Canadian living in India
Nov 13, 2021
Sometimes, when it suits me.

Steff1337

Steff1337

Autistic and schizophrenic, please be respectful
Jun 21, 2024
I try to be, but am most probably not.

27ClubSoon

27ClubSoon

Potential Former Person
Aug 21, 2024
I'd like to think so. I think it all comes down to intent of actions rather than anything else.

FoxSauce

FoxSauce

Emotional unstable like and IKEA table
Aug 23, 2024
People tell me I'm way to kind to the point that gets me into odd situations. I try but failed to put boundaries. Try to go out of my way for others. I think kindness goes a long way but ofc people can take advantage to that. But my own opinion am I a kind person?

No

remote toothbrush

remote toothbrush

Feb 27, 2024
I try to be, but sometimes when i'm upset at something I can be mean to others for no reason. It makes me feel really bad.

BoulderSoWhat

BoulderSoWhat

Student
Aug 29, 2024
People who know me would probably say that I'm a kind person. But I don't have a strong sense of identity. So I don't think to myself "I'm a kind person" but I don't think "I'm an unkind person" either.

I think increasingly with a lot of things, labels, categories of people, I don't think of myself as "being" anything in particular. I think I'm just a person.

I have capacity for kindness and unkindness, reason and irrationality, determination and giving up. But of course there is a core thought process to my mind, that I think is a consistent part of me over time.

When possible within reason, I try to do good things for myself, others if I can, but without pressure or stressing about what I've done or not done while being alive. And I allow for nuanced flexibility and complexity with what all this even means.

I'm just alive here on this planet until I'm not. :)

sh1ttynerd

sh1ttynerd

nerd
Jul 29, 2024
When I think about my past and present, I often wonder why people are so mean. I have only known one person who was good and kind. But she is dead now. To me it seems that many people enjoy saying rude things to others. Often, people will utter hurtful words to others with no motive. Or their motive could be simply to relieve their own pain. Children are bullied at school and adults are bullied at work. People get bullied on the Internet. People are abused both physically and psychologically. Maybe it is best to be alone. It is hard to be kind in a world made up of mean people. We do not even have the right to die to escape this suffering.

Most times, others are mean because of what is occuring in their own life and less often does it have to do with you. Common reasons people are mean include they have a need to gain power, they are jealous, they feel threatened, they struggle to regulate their emotions, they have been bullied in the past, they are experiencing chaos at home, they are prejudiced, they are projecting insecurities, they lack self-awareness, they feel pressured by social dynamics, your habits hurt them or there is a misunderstanding. However, people have different behaviors due to heredity. Futhermore, the one who has everything does not have to be nice and the beggar on the street must be kind to get money.

Reasons why people are mean

Everything underneath this post is very human, i myself am not very kind. I shut off because ive been kind before, only to be disappointed time and time again. Those who instill to be kind are strong, not everyone is capable of such, but one has to understand just being kind isnt a solution to every problem, to you, the original poster, keep your head up. Being kind is objective, being kind is doing the right thing. I wish you well

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
No and it's always sad that people keep thinking I am.

DefinitelyReady

DefinitelyReady

*perpetually annoyed*
Mar 14, 2024
I mean I'm nicer than most assholes...🤷‍♀️

Davey40210

Davey40210

Even the stars make room for new stars
Sep 3, 2024
I think I am.

R

rebelnow111

Jul 12, 2024
When I think about my past and present, I often wonder why people are so mean. I have only known one person who was good and kind. But she is dead now. To me it seems that many people enjoy saying rude things to others. Often, people will utter hurtful words to others with no motive. Or their motive could be simply to relieve their own pain. Children are bullied at school and adults are bullied at work. People get bullied on the Internet. People are abused both physically and psychologically. Maybe it is best to be alone. It is hard to be kind in a world made up of mean people. We do not even have the right to die to escape this suffering.

Most times, others are mean because of what is occuring in their own life and less often does it have to do with you. Common reasons people are mean include they have a need to gain power, they are jealous, they feel threatened, they struggle to regulate their emotions, they have been bullied in the past, they are experiencing chaos at home, they are prejudiced, they are projecting insecurities, they lack self-awareness, they feel pressured by social dynamics, your habits hurt them or there is a misunderstanding. However, people have different behaviors due to heredity. Futhermore, the one who has everything does not have to be nice and the beggar on the street must be kind to get money.

Reasons why people are mean
i am but i get very angry ive been abused alot.

Plentiful_Despair

Plentiful_Despair

Experienced
Aug 23, 2024
I can be kind or mean, depending on the person.

Reactions: Redacted24
T

Travis

Oct 12, 2024
I was before the universe beat it out of me. Now I try my best but I'm trapped and blinded by my own misery.

J

JustAnx

Student
Oct 12, 2024
I try to be, always. But there has been times that i have failed to be.

soledad.virgen

soledad.virgen

call me sol
Dec 1, 2020
i try to be, but im also really selfish and ignorant and reactionary at times. i can get flustered and angry really quickly, it's one of my biggest flaws. I've hurt too many people because I've overreacted or got really selfish and self interested. a lot of my friends say im kind, but i feel that when it really matters i don't act kind. it's frustrating, but i try to work on it.

R

Redacted24

Might be Richard Cory... or not
Nov 20, 2023
I keep getting told that my tone can be harsh and hurtful. I don't mean to be either, I just see things as I do and am honest. Seems many people don't like honesty.
My therapist told me recently that I'm too nice and that I need to do better at setting boundaries (whatever that means)
I think I have a lot of empathy for others.
But then it seems that I'm also blind.
It's confusing.

SweetItalianS

SweetItalianS

Aug 11, 2024
Yes I am kind, not because of religious beliefs promising me eternal heavenly life, not because I was taught to be, but because I choose to be kind.

Being kind is fulfilling, I'd like to say that kindness is a part of my Purpose.