• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

killing me softly

killing me softly

don't wake me, i plan on sleeping in
Dec 28, 2018
i'm sorry you find yourself here, no matter the reason. however, you are in good company. the vast majority of members here are welcoming, knowledgeable, helpful, and understanding.

i'd like to offer some suggestions as you make your way around the site:

• please read the Rules and FAQ page before you start posting

• there is an excellent Resources thread that will likely have at least some of the information you are looking for. i encourage you to look through it early on.

• when starting a new thread please post in the appropriate Sanctioned Suicide or Offtopic forum

• there are many "megathreads" for methods, partners, and resources. these have become a repository for members' questions, research, experiences, concerns, etc. these megatheads offer the best place to post your own additions as it makes it more likely to be seen by both current and future members. individual threads, on the other hand, are likely to get buried and lost over time

• many megathreads are dozens of pages long which can be intimidating and tedious to read through. however, there is so much valuable knowledge, research and experiences that it is well worth it. my personal suggestion is to start with the most recent 5 or so pages and go back further if it continues to interest you.

• at the bottom of each forum there is a "Thread Display Options" that offers a lot of options for sorting threads.

• the search box is your friend. you can search by thread title only, by member, and by date. any topic that you are curious about probably already has a thread that may be worth checking out.

• when you reply to a thread that asks for advice or help about a method or other technical question, please make sure that anything you post as fact can be supported through a reliable source (medical site, expert, etc.). it's okay to post opinions but please make that clear as someone may be basing a very serious decision on what members are posting.

• as in any social forum (and in life) there are going to be members who you dislike or make you feel uncomfortable. you can ignore them by clicking on their name and choosing "ignore" on the dialogue box that appears. this will stop you from seeing their posts in the future. if only we could do this in real life.

• similarly, there is a "report" feature in case you see something you think is inappropriate.

some other thoughts, for what they're worth:

• as a pro-choice site the members of SS are excellent at respecting others' life decisions. but i'd hazard to say most will encourage people to seek assistance before making a very permanent decision. i am among this group, especially for those who come to the site in crisis. when we find ourselves in the midst of crisis it's difficult to see past the moment. because of the finality and the risk of permanent life altering harm, deciding to ctb is best reached by careful consideration, planning, and preparation. this is the "rational" part of rational suicide.

• there is no perfect method. they all come with certain positives and negatives and risks, and only you can decide how well a method will fit your criteria.

best of luck to you. i hope you find peace, no matter what form that may be.

killing me softly

killing me softly

don't wake me, i plan on sleeping in
Dec 28, 2018
addendum:

many members here post threads asking about 100% reliability and/or 100% painlessness.

the fact is, there is no 100% method, excluding good ol' old age. there are many factors that will effect the outcome which are specific to the method chosen as well as ones that are outside of the method (discovery, survival instinct, etc.)

your best bet is to consider the various options, choose the one(s) that best fit your criteria (access, peacefulness, etc.) and then research the hell out of it. make sure you know proper lethal dosage, minimum to maximum time to death, or whatever relevant factors will make success more or less likely. once you know this you can decide for sure if the risks associated with that method are worth it.

Last edited:
A

aanonymous

Oct 20, 2020
how do i create a new post? like where?
im honestly lost. i made one but can't find that page again

G

GoneGoneGone

Enlightened
Apr 1, 2020
how do i create a new post? like where?
im honestly lost. i made one but can't find that page again
You go to the main page of the forum you are in, and there is a red button on the right on which is written "start a thread" if I'm not mistaken
on the right
So you go to the respective forum either Suicide Discussion, Recovery, or Off-topic, and at the top there's a red button saying "post thread"

Last edited:
Reactions: aanonymous