• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Midgardsorm

Midgardsorm

Paragon
Apr 28, 2020
Hello everyone !

I'm still trying to recover and won't ctb at least for now.

However I have a question regarding my therapist. I read that some therapists refuses treating patients with risk of suicide because it can affect their careers since they were unable to help the patient.

With that in mind, I kinda feel bad for my therapist. She has been really helpful and have been doing everything she can yo help me through my problems. If I ever decide to catch the bus, I'm concerned about leaving her in a tight spot on her career.

If I ever decide to ctb, should I first stop scheduling sessions with her? For how long before I can go on with the plan to ctb?

Awakenings

Awakenings

Expired Meat
Jan 31, 2021
I've not heard of a therapist 'fire' a patient for being mentally unwell, nor can I see how it could effect their career. (They can recommend another service or provider if they feel not up to the task however) Their not keeping public records or running stats of patients that I'm aware of. The certainy can have you go inpatient if they believe your an imminent threat to yourself, but thats a different matter. Franky one of the reasons this site exists.

Feeling bad for the therapist is a sign that your a good person, and worry about others well being. Thats great! Not too many like that left these days. Especially onto death. Good on you!

Ultimately the choice to CTB is yours alone. It's just my opinion, but if your therapist is unable to provide you adequate help, then you may wish to locate another one. Failing that, then ending your sessions won't hurt any, and rest assured their career won't suffer.

Be well.

Last edited:
reticen

reticen

Student
Nov 5, 2020
I think the case is that a therapist isn't qualified to deal with suicidal people. You would need to go on to a psychologist or a psychiatrist.

wordsonscreen

wordsonscreen

Peanuts aren't nuts! They're seeds!
Jan 21, 2021
I think the case is that a therapist isn't qualified to deal with suicidal people. You would need to go on to a psychologist or a psychiatrist.
Not always the case. they collaborate too if they feel under-qualified.

Spiral

Spiral

Experienced
Jan 22, 2021
I have considered this too and I thought maybe it would help to leave a "thank you" letter detailing how much they helped me and how there was ultimately nothing anybody could have done to stop me from Ctb but they made my last months much more bearable or something along those lines.

Cheshirecatx

Cheshirecatx

Curiouser and Curiouser
May 10, 2019
I've stopped attending therapy sessions myself. I know how hard it can be to lose an individual you cared for or worked with. I stopped a few weeks ago and distanced myself, to make my eventual ctb less difficult on those involved in my care. I warned my therapist too that I knew my eventual outcome wasn't good. Now it's just a waiting game. I'm under local services so have to wait for complete discharge first anyhow, which should be in a few weeks.

• Hugs
Reactions: wordsonscreen
Midgardsorm

Midgardsorm

Paragon
Apr 28, 2020
My problem is major depression and ocd. No matter how skilled she is, I am the only one who can deal with my problems. She does exactly what she is supposed to do, teach me relaxation exercises, helps me adapts to ocd by controlled exposure therapy. However, sometimes it feels that I simply won't recover, not only that, it feels like it's not worth it.

So if it came the day for me to end it all. Won't have anything to do with her. Actually, it's even sadder to me if I left her doubting her professional abilities.

• Aww..
Reactions: wordsonscreen
E

EeEeEeEeYy

Feb 16, 2021
I have considered this too and I thought maybe it would help to leave a "thank you" letter detailing how much they helped me and how there was ultimately nothing anybody could have done to stop me from Ctb but they made my last months much more bearable or something along those lines.
yeah ive written a simular note for when my time comes. She has really helped me a lot last couple months