• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

I

istheretrulyalife?

Ser Alexander V
Jun 14, 2023
Hey all, unrelated to a lot on this platform and I think discussion is the best prefix for this?

This may be a negative outlook, but how do people do 9 to 5? You leave in the morning, come back late, and have a few hours to yourself. Repeat for 5 days a week.

Of course, you have holidays and sick days and family, but the last part is the problem for me.

I am extremely introverted. I can barely make conversations with family members I have known for years, they always have to initiate the conversation.

Life throws many curveballs so nothing can truly stay consistent or predictable forever. Honestly, I can't see myself even starting my own family or something. Sure, I can get a pet but would they be there on my death bed?

I guess you could say my biggest fear is being alone and the monotony of life. I do plan to go for a fun job based off of a hobby I have so that may help.

People online will be like "exercise, eat healthy and you'll be happy", this doesn't have anything to do with the same repeatable routine of life.

PS: Approximately 40 to 50% marriages end in divorce, so even having a wife and a kid is a gamble.

This is basically going to school for decades of your life (albeit with more control) and then you retire...

What then?

I'm interested in hearing people's thoughts on this (and looking for a bit of advice as well)

Daxter_87

Daxter_87

In great pain. Suicide in progress (hopefully).
May 28, 2023
It's not a negative outlook at all. It's astonishing that people can put up with such slavery and be ok with it. I'm not insulting anyone, I know most people don't have a choice (if they want to survive, of course). As for advice, I don't really know what to say. I'm personally out of the system.

sulli

sulli

Student
Jan 25, 2023
i could never handle it long term i'm reasonably certain though i wish i could. in part because of my myriad mental illnesses and also the physical side effects, i.e. anorexia + blacking out if i stand up too fast. i really romanticize the normie life in my brain, i guess bc i miss feeling like a real person. alas, current trajectory is working with my case manager and therapist to get a monthly check for being insane

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Yeah- I completely understand. I'm single and likely will be now forever- I'm 43. I've had some luck and put in a lot of hard work till now to do a job I found fulfilling for over a decade. I've also worked shitty wage slave jobs though and that's what's looking more likely in my future. Personally- I really don't see why I should do a 9-5 job that I detest to support a life I don't even want.

I feel stuck though for now- waiting on my Dad to go first. I suppose for me- I feel like I just have to tread water for now. Do my best to support myself financially. There are a few places I would like to visit- that having more regular money coming in would enable. I don't know- I guess I toy with having a more 'normal' lifestyle soon- work a job I hate but then, actually relax on weekends. In the past, I just used to work all the time- but at least I enjoyed it. Whatever happens though- is likely to be difficult and honestly- I just don't think I'm willing to put up with it when I no longer feel like I have to.

I guess for you though- I'd say- ideally find a job in something you are good at and enjoy. So much of our lives are spent working. It's going to suck if you can't do that. If you can't though- maybe you do need to focus on what you can do with the money- travel, have hobbies etc. Some people manage to be happy doing that.

I

istheretrulyalife?

Ser Alexander V
Jun 14, 2023
I just don't know how I could live life like this. Looking online people just tell each other "oh weekends and you get used to it" etc. Why would I want to spend decades of my life working, and retire when you are already old and slow.

How do people put up with this? I just don't get it

feels_like_rain

feels_like_rain

Goodbye to everything I thought I knew
Sep 29, 2021
I feel INCREDIBLY lucky that i have a job i love, so i don't mind it much, although the days can get long sometimes especially when it's a 12 hour shift. Or when my mood is extremely low and i have to try to mask it when i'm around coworkers.

If i was doing 9-5 at my last job, i don't know where i'd be right now.

• Hugs
Reactions: MeltingBrain
MeltingBrain

MeltingBrain

Mage
May 29, 2023
For my previous self 9-5 would be fair (before I had the horrible disease) . Now putting in even 4 hrs a day is a challenge . I have ended up as a NEET.
The biggest issue is that human beings are built on a spectrum but jobs are built on a monolith of 9-5 i.e. some humans can do 9-9, some can do 9-1 but 9-5 is a constant for everyone . The best fit solution is freelancing (this is the only exception) and the second best solution is a part time job (which is a patchy solution) .