• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

nonexistance

nonexistance

Jun 16, 2018
Yes. It's because sleep is like a little death and life is bearable precisely because we sleep, helping us to forget. The insomniacs usually live the drama of consciousness continually and see life for what it is without this helping mechanism that keeps illusions in check. "Life is possible only by the deficiencies of our imagination and memory." - Emil Cioran

YaYaDr

YaYaDr

Student
Jun 26, 2018
A lack of sleep is typical to somebody with depression. When you finally get some rest your body produces serotonin which elevates your mood. Having said that, those severely depressed do not notice any difference. Case in point, it's opposite for me. I wake up, realize I am still alive, and say to myself what the hell am I doing still alive?

Definitelyworried

Definitelyworried

Jun 19, 2018
A lack of sleep is typical to somebody with depression. When you finally get some rest your body produces serotonin which elevates your mood. Having said that, those severely depressed do not notice any difference. Case in point, it's opposite for me. I wake up, realize I am still alive, and say to myself what the hell am I doing still alive?
Same thing happens to me. When I wake up that's when I usually feel the worse.
I don't know I think it wold be early morning before my bed time, when I would exit.
I don't know why.
But who knows last time I was the closest to ctb, was right after waking up,after a night of many half ass attempts.

Reactions: dano6533
M

millefeui

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2018
This is a good point. When I am at my lowest, waking up makes me feel like crap, because naturally the last thing I wanted was to wake up again. When I am "surviving", waking up doesn't feel as bad. In fact, there are days I don't even think about dying for the first few hours after waking up.