• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I had this thought today. I feel less pain than usual. I have some free time and I have so many options what I can do with it. There is always this thought in my mind that it could be soon over with this. My mind is quite fragile, sometimes I am on the edge of a new mania or even a new psychosis. My life could be sooner over than I expect it when I usually wake up. Ironically I recently listen to David Foster Wallace a lot and read some stories of or about him. This is ironical because it is part of my obsession about suicide. And with my suicide I would stop me from experiencing further impressions of life. Either positive or negative events would stop. It takes you your opportunities.

Then I thought about what I shall experience now when my life could end soon. What do I want to have experienced during my life? Maybe it would help to have a good feeling at the end of my life when I can remember some of these things.

Usually I don't think that way. One of my biggest desires is wanting to have experienced real mutual love. Not in the sense of how you love your family. I mean the love betweeen two partners. Maybe I should write about something else because this topic can make me quite depressed.

I don't want to learn another language (though maybe improving my English and learning new German technical terms). I don't want to travel to foreign countries. On the other hand a trip to Japan could be quite cool. But I will never have the money for doing that. Maybe I could do it but I try to use my money more strategically. I had often the wish to have a newspaper subscription. I know that sounds ridiculous but I am pretty happy since I have it. Lol.

I want to educate myself before I am dying. I want to know some truths or at least trying to come closer to them. I want to find meaning in life. Some higher purpose why I have lived. Maybe trying to contribute to a higher good and helping others. I have experienced some lows but also some highs in my life due to my bipolar disorder. I have learned that sometimes not the extreme highs should be my goal. Sometimes it is better for me planning an average life. Accepting the daily routines and not doing something crazy. I think this is pretty important for my mental health.

I am glad and thankful that I can experience real friendship in my life. I have also experienced a lot of horrible things which I would have liked to avoid. So much unnecessary suffering. But I try to grow as a person from it. This is often pretty hard or even impossible. Sometimes I have the feeling I am just becoming more bitter and resentful. But I try to be more agnostic about my future. Depression can make you think as if your future would only be misery. I struggle with this a lot. But you can never predict the future.

What do you want to experience before your death? Do you have desires for something? Or have you already experienced something like that?

Maybe trying to achieve this desire can give you strength for recovery. Something which is worth fighting for. It could give your life new meaning. Trying to live to your full potential.

Last edited:
Grav

Grav

Wizard
Jul 26, 2020
Ok, not something to go out and do but when I think about the years gone by, having a baby find comfort in being hugged is pretty cool. The kind where they grab on and just pile into you kind of hugs. This happens to have been mine but my nephews have done that a couple times when I babysat them.

Cosmic dust

Cosmic dust

Among the stars
Feb 28, 2022
"real mutual love. Not in the sense of how you love your family. I mean the love betweeen two partners"

I wish I could experience that.

Traveling to some cool places around the world sounds fun, but not something I really need.

I can't really think about anything else.

abyss

abyss

Jul 13, 2022
I would like to heal myself of my health and bodily problems, both mental and physical. But literally none are curable so that's not going to happen, guess I'm just unlucky. I wish I could reconcile or reconnect with certain people which also won't happen.
But up until recently I wanted to dig myself out of a hole, get a better job, my own apartment, driver's licence etc.

Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
"real mutual love. Not in the sense of how you love your family. I mean the love betweeen two partners"

I wish I could experience that.

Traveling to some cool places around the world sounds fun, but not something I really need.

I can't really think about anything else.
Those are my top 2. Traveling to new places always resets my mood in a way I can't explain, particularly if I have to use my mind to navigate there. When gas was cheaper, I would often take day trips in my car alone to clear my head. Traveling to a foreign country that differs significantly from one's home country is a disorienting but interesting experience.

I would also add the joy and pride you feel from cooking or baking something good for another person. I also think we should all strive to develop at least one creative skill. I miss the days I played an instrument. Being a musician taught me to listen to music in a much more absorbing way.

• Love
Reactions: Astronauta
woe-boy

woe-boy

Never feeling love like that anymore
Mar 30, 2022
The greatest experiences of my young life involve this exact thing. He has come and gone, downright deceased now, but it has changed me forever as a person. It both depresses me that I'll never love like that again but motivates me that perhaps, whatever intense love I had with him wasn't lusting. It was true love on my end - my heart, my mind, and my body were all innocent. I'm the only one left with these memories now. He was troubled, but of course, I am troubled. too. We all are.

jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
The greatest experiences of my young life involve this exact thing. He has come and gone, downright deceased now, but it has changed me forever as a person. It both depresses me that I'll never love like that again but motivates me that perhaps, whatever intense love I had with him wasn't lusting. It was true love on my end - my heart, my mind, and my body were all innocent. I'm the only one left with these memories now. He was troubled, but of course, I am troubled. too. We all are.
If you've loved once can't you love again?

Astronauta

Astronauta

Student
Aug 9, 2022
Não tenho mais saúde para fazer o que eu quero fazer.
Caminhar em um parque, assistir ao nascer do sol , tomar um banho de chuva, preparar meu prato preferido, sair para jantar , deitar sem sentir dor, ler um livro , tomar café quentinho feito por mim, colocar uma bela roupa e me sentir bem .
Se me fosse possível fazer Essas pequenas coisas, não faria ctb.😔

Hollowillow

Hollowillow

I want throat hugs & anime! Can't use chat pm me
Aug 7, 2022
I had this thought today. I feel less pain than usual. I have some free time and I have so many options what I can do with it. There is always this thought in my mind that it could be soon over with this. My mind is quite fragile, sometimes I am on the edge of a new mania or even a new psychosis. My life could be sooner over than I expect it when I usually wake up. Ironically I recently listen to David Foster Wallace a lot and read some stories of or about him. This is ironical because it is part of my obsession about suicide. And with my suicide I would stop me from experiencing further impressions of life. Either positive or negative events would stop. It takes you your opportunities.

Then I thought about what I shall experience now when my life could end soon. What do I want to have experienced during my life? Maybe it would help to have a good feeling at the end of my life when I can remember some of these things.

Usually I don't think that way. One of my biggest desires is wanting to have experienced real mutual love. Not in the sense of how you love your family. I mean the love betweeen two partners. Maybe I should write about something else because this topic can make me quite depressed.

I don't want to learn another language (though maybe improving my English and learning new German technical terms). I don't want to travel to foreign countries. On the other hand a trip to Japan could be quite cool. But I will never have the money for doing that. Maybe I could do it but I try to use my money more strategically. I had often the wish to have a newspaper subscription. I know that sounds ridiculous but I am pretty happy since I have it. Lol.

I want to educate myself before I am dying. I want to know some truths or at least trying to come closer to them. I want to find meaning in life. Some higher purpose why I have lived. Maybe trying to contribute to a higher good and helping others. I have experienced some lows but also some highs in my life due to my bipolar disorder. I have learned that sometimes not the extreme highs should be my goal. Sometimes it is better for me planning an average life. Accepting the daily routines and not doing something crazy. I think this is pretty important for my mental health.

I am glad and thankful that I can experience real friendship in my life. I have also experienced a lot of horrible things which I would have liked to avoid. So much unnecessary suffering. But I try to grow as a person from it. This is often pretty hard or even impossible. Sometimes I have the feeling I am just becoming more bitter and resentful. But I try to be more agnostic about my future. Depression can make you think as if your future would only be misery. I struggle with this a lot. But you can never predict the future.

What do you want to experience before your death? Do you have desires for something? Or have you already experienced something like that?

Maybe trying to achieve this desire can give you strength for recovery. Something which is worth fighting for. It could give your life new meaning. Trying to live to your full potential.
A home that doesn't poison me with mold or chemicals

I think everyone should feel self love

You might want to look into reactive hypoglycemia (my blood sugar is bipolar if i eat sugar) and how lack of b vitamins can cause psychosis too. Society feed us poisons

Japan! 💖

woe-boy

woe-boy

Never feeling love like that anymore
Mar 30, 2022
If you've loved once can't you love again?
I hope so. I just wonder if I'll ever feel that intense about someone again - I'm still dealing with trauma 2.5 months since I found out. They say grieving can take upwards of a year. I said to myself; that I have been lonely for seven months now, before him I was lonely for my entire 24 years before that. It could be years before I love again, I wish I knew for certain.

• Hugs
Reactions: Celerity and jodes2