LunaRose

I just want to float in nothingness
Nov 25, 2023
9 ever since my friend committed.

carac

carac

"and if this is the end, i am glad i met you."
May 27, 2023
3 or 4 right now, this time last year I was safely a 9 and went to a 10 for a few days

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
6-9 I relate to the most but all of them assume we deep down think that suicide is a bad idea. That these thoughts are 'intrusive' or 'troubling' to us. My ideation is a part of my everyday thinking. Has been for decades. It also (to me) alludes to the sense that we feel out of control, frantic. That, without 'intervention', we'll suddenly snap. It's not to say I don't experience desperate moments but I don't want my suicide to be like that.

I'm stage 9 in terms of practicalities- will is made, method is purchased, notes are drafted= actively suicial. But I vary between a 6-9 in terms of my everyday living. There are specific reasons I'm stuck here and while I am- I need to earn a living. Maybe I'm 'lucky' that I can distract myself enough with work and other stuff but the ideation is always running in the background.

Maybe it's just my own experience but I feel like this scale is only how some people experience suicidal thoughts. It's ironically anti-suicidal thoughts when I think a lot of people embrace them. Even see suicide as a release- not something they fear they might do one day. I'd say more of us here are frightened of the consequences of not doing it!

Reactions: psp3000 and SpiritualDeath
deadtrace

deadtrace

Aug 7, 2023
Between 6 and 7. Been higher up recently so I'll take it for now.

P

psp3000

Enlightened
May 20, 2023
I find this scale to be really helpful

mostly 5 to 7 and as of this month but sometimes 8

Henryk

Henryk

Tonight I'm gonna rest my chemistry
Apr 22, 2022
between 9 and 10 since at least once a day I try to use some technique to kill myself

LonelyStarrySky

LonelyStarrySky

they/them, menhera
Oct 27, 2023
Somewhere between 8-9 for the last month.

Old Friend

Old Friend

Sleep well, Airstrip One.
Sep 24, 2023
8 at the moment. 9 sometimes.

sparkdarkmark

sparkdarkmark

Oct 1, 2023
10. Currently trying to figure out how to tie the rope and hang myself but I'm so damn stupid I can't figure out it.

M

mrelief82

Broken to 1000 pcs
Nov 23, 2023
9 all the time, can't do anything else than to think about it

N

never mind me

Student
Nov 7, 2022
This scale is fucking weird. It suggests suicide is a bad idea and that people always move from taking risks or mere suicidal ideation to concrete steps towards suicide. Personally I rarely , if ever engaged it risky behavious when feeling suicidal despite sometimes having very concrete plans for suicide. So I guess for me this scale just doesn't make sense

ForeverBroken

ForeverBroken

Memento mori
Jun 17, 2023
Never heard of this scale.
At a 6-7 for the most part.

thinvy

thinvy

Woefully Yours, Luka
Aug 7, 2023
basically a way calmer but constant 9. I'm always thinking about when I'll catch the bus out lol.

I'd say 7 but I think my lack of impulsivity and the specificity of the actively planning part of 9 kinda sways me that way

tarococo

tarococo

professional procrastinator
Nov 27, 2023
I'm constantly stuck between 7-9, I'm getting so tired of this. I'm back at 8 now after peaking yesterday and cutting contact with my best friend

M

meandering-river

Nov 9, 2023
8-9. But I have a plan. I have all that I need. Just waiting for the opportunity.

Heading to Darkness

Heading to Darkness

Oct 29, 2023
I have never seen this before it's really interesting.
I have hit 10 3 times right now daily i bounce from 7 to 9 i havent made that final attempt. I am under a 'crisis team we shall see. The boxes are close and even crossover the higher you go except for 10 which clearly means you are about to jump/ shoot yourself/ fatally overdose etc.
Thanks for sharing this