M

Moonomyth

Student
Feb 6, 2020
Don't bother wasting your breath on me. The best way to suicide for me is ensure everyone hates me.
You will have to commit, and provide proof of committing, major crimes to do that. Really dark stuff, the kind that will wind up on an overrated Netflix documentary a decade later.

T

ThatStateOfMind

Enlightened
Nov 13, 2021
i am starting up back at college in september and our residence has a gym free for students to use :) all of the positive posts on here have really encouraged me, including yours. i am excited to for the versatility the gym has to offer!

do you mind if i ask what you are studying, i am personally going into a veterinary medicine and i am nervous i will become overwhelmed.
That's great! I wish my college had a gym haha. I'm going to a community college currently, so there's not much. I'm transferring to a university that has a gym for students though, which sounds great and I might make use of it.

Also, in relation to my study, I'm majoring in computer science and I'm only so overwhelmed because I'm going in the summer and all classes are condensed. One was a 15 week class in 4 weeks (which I finished recently), and another was a 15 week in 2 weeks that I finished in May. The other 2 are more tame and I'm still doing them, it's 15 weeks of work condensed into 10 weeks.

Last edited:
NoLightRemains

NoLightRemains

I found my light again. Namu Amida Butsu
Sep 26, 2021
I feel rather limited by what I can do with my physical conditions, but I try to at least walk outside everyday for some exercise. It has done a lot for my mental state, and even though I still feel fatigued all the time, my energy and motivation is much worse when I don't get my walks in. It's hard some days but it beats laying in bed the entire day.

Dot

Dot

Info abt typng styl on prfle.
Sep 26, 2021
it just feels upsetting, sharing positive progressions i have made in my recovery from my extreme suicidal behaviour and body dysmorphic issues.

i am not wrong for being proud of myself for these positive progressions considering my history. i am very clearly not saying, in my 2 month old post, this is how everyone's problems are solved. i came here from eating disorder forums, where exercise was viewed as a punishment for eating anything. it is a statistical fact that anorexia poses the highest mortality rate of any mental illness. i was once told i had to be in wheelchair to conserve calories or i would die. i had ecgs every week for 3 years to make sure i wasn't at risk for a heart attack. i will not be made to feel ashamed for being able to exercise in a healthy way.

Hve deletd th/ msgs frm th/ trollng membr wh/ = nw bannd

Wll dne on ur progrss -- kp goin

Reactions: TransilvanianHunger and alonely
Dot

Dot

Info abt typng styl on prfle.
Sep 26, 2021
Absolutely, exercise is such an underrated treatment for depression (proven to be as effective as antidepressants). I used exercise to manage my mental health for years and it was more effective than any meds I've taken. Sadly I've now got an illness that means I can't exercise (ME/CFS) so my main coping mechanism is gone, hence joining this forum. Every depressed person should try exercise if they're able-bodied, it's a gamechanger for many.

Thre r typs of excrse tht r gentl on nerv systm e.g Systema = v gd fr ppl wth ME/CFS bcse = fcuses on nervs systm regulatn

Cld b wrth searchng fr instructrs in ur area

Lavender Dreams

Lavender Dreams

serial vapist
Nov 5, 2022
Much respect for all the progress you've made! I think people fail to understand that when people talk about exercise, it is not meant as a cure-all but about slight improvement, some sense of achievement. Sedentary lifestyle has its consequences, we are not designed for it and it's best not to pay the price.

For myself, it didn't solve my problems but helped in a few ways - My days became more structured and easier to follow. The physical lethargy and brain fog associated with depression eased a bit, bad executive functioning didn't feel as debilitating. The persistent guilt and anxiety I had about not doing anything throughout the week is nowhere near what it used to be. It's another conversation topic I can use in social situations, that is not heavy and potentially relatable. It was by far the easiest step to take towards stopping living on an autopilot.

Last edited:
Reactions: Celerity and FadingSunshine