again_noidea

again_noidea

Experienced
Apr 22, 2021
I found that people can't take it when i speak from my heart, so i no longer try to explain my situation. And somehow i don't have a strong urge to explain what's going on these days because me ctb seems inevitable now.
My mum asks me this. I don't answer her anymore. The few times I've made the mistake to tell her how I feel, she'd made it about herself or just reminds me that I don't know real suffering. Oh, and I'd get a repeated "What is wrong with you?! Are you cursed?".

The last time I broke down hyperventilating, shaking and struggling speak, all she could say was, "This is why I tell you not to watch certain things on TV". As if I was copying something I saw on television for attention.

She only asks me how I'm feeling so that she can give herself a pat on the back. Say to herself that she tried. I'd argue that most people who ask this think the same way. Now, I don't think that my mum doesn't care. She's just simple.
she sounds simple but also unable to deal with emotions. mothers all to often make it about themselves instead of listening. I think they feel guilty unconsciously for doing the wrong thing in one way or another.

Last edited:
one.way.out

one.way.out

Student
Jul 9, 2021
Replying "fine" is automatic now.

• Love
Reactions: whywere
yoyowassup35

yoyowassup35

E
Aug 16, 2021
No, i never open up and no one knows im suicidal.

gayscal3xo

gayscal3xo

Sep 25, 2020
No, my parents have very old mindsets and never believed I was depressed when I told them because apparently "I smile so much" and seem so happy. There's no point explaining it to them, when knowing they wouldn't try to actually understand, but only aim to end the conversation.