Nobody's Daughter

Nobody's Daughter

Scratching at the surface
May 24, 2020
Lol I hope y'all don't get fed up with these type of questions since I asked about what's the meaning behind your profile picture but I'm really curious :) if you check my thread of what your pfp means and if you check every comment, I liked them all (I may have missed some tho) I really do care about y'all and I read them all so I'm curious to see if your username has any meaning behind it, SS makes it clear that you can never change it so what makes it so special!

my name is horrible feelings because I have horrible feelings :P, and horrible feelings was taken so I added a 1 in there.

hbu??
My user is how I perceive myself - sad and invisible, kind of like a ghost. I'm just there. It feels like nobody sees my sad self.
I chose mine because I feel like I am truly alone with no parents anymore. My Mum died 3 years ago and my 80 yr old Father never contacts me. I was very close to my Mum. My username is also the name of a song by the band 'Hole'.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Quarky00, FriendofDeath, disabledandhopeless and 2 others
sadghost

sadghost

S
May 17, 2020
I chose mine because I feel like I am truly alone with no parents anymore. My Mum died 3 years ago and my 80 yr old Father never contacts me. I was very close to my Mum. My username is also the name of a song by the band 'Hole'.

I'm so sorry for your loss :heart:

Reactions: Nobody's Daughter and HorribleFeelings1
T

TimeToBiteTheDust

Visionary
Nov 7, 2019
Time to go. It's pretty clear. Nothing else to do in this world. There's no purpose and we don't matter. Just as simple as that.

• Hugs
Reactions: Mooshi, FriendofDeath and HorribleFeelings1
RileyTanaka

RileyTanaka

ill / failure
Mar 20, 2020
But I really enjoy the personal usernames I see around here, makes it feel like a very real place to be talking about these topics in.
I feel exactly the same way. I wish I had the creativity of some of the users on here! It's obvious in the usernames.

Reactions: HorribleFeelings1
Zilch

Zilch

Apr 30, 2020
Nothing
I basically am nothing
Thats the way I felt for last couple of years it's probably mostly because of how the people around me make me feel

• Hugs
Reactions: FriendofDeath and HorribleFeelings1
any%

any%

Student
May 2, 2019
I lend my name from a category in videogame speedrunning, if anyone is familiar with it. In short, anypercent or any% is the category where you can abuse the game mechanics to the fullest to simply complete the game. There is no need to go through each level if you have e.g. figured out a way to jump from level 1 to the very last one. Because I think a lot about suicide it somehow always reminds me of it.

When I view my life as a game and my birth was the 1st level and my death is the final one and all my years of life in between (assuming an average life span of about 78 years) resemble the levels in between, I feel like suicide is a type of speedrun. Just like speedrunners basically know every little thing about the game but then use that in order to not care about the game at all and just try to reach the end as quickly as possible, i think that killing oneself is just a similiar shortcut (unfortunately minus the knowledge about the whole game/life because I would deprive myself of that by killing me), thus it is a form of an "any% life" for me.

As opposed to speedrunning categories like 100% where you have to go through everything the game (or in my metaphor life has to offer) before reaching the end.

Reactions: RileyTanaka, FriendofDeath, HorribleFeelings1 and 2 others
L

laserfocus111

Student
Feb 11, 2020
Laser focused to ctb

G

GoneGoneGone

Enlightened
Apr 1, 2020
Gone once, Gone twice, sold to Hell

• Hugs
Reactions: FriendofDeath and HorribleFeelings1
televised_suicide

televised_suicide

Feb 5, 2020
Just a reference to a news anchor named Christine Chubbuck, who committed suicide with a revolver live on air in 1974.

Thought it was a pretty bold way to go.

Oh, and it rhymes.

Last edited:
Reactions: RileyTanaka, Good4Nothing, FriendofDeath and 1 other person
Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020

My deepest condolences.

My username is inspired by the name of a kpop idol who I crushed hard on when I made the account. It's rather pathetic, but we all know about crushes, and how they intoxicate the brain. I still obsess over her, but as the crush slowly wanes, I'm able to think more about other things. Kpop in general has recently served as anothet pleasant distraction from reality, but ultimately it falls away to the grim reality of my situation.

Reactions: HorribleFeelings1 and FriendofDeath
faust

faust

lost among the stars
Jan 26, 2020
Well, it does not have a huge meaning. I just like Goethe's "Faust". The way he wrote "Faust" is ideal for me and I always adored this way of writing novels. Modern literature lacks this severely, I am a writer and a poet myself and the classic style has always been more profound and ideal for me which is currently lost and unused. Heh tried to explain more understandable.

• Love
Reactions: WinterFaust, Epsilon0, Una and 1 other person
FireFox

FireFox

Enlightened
Apr 8, 2020
I love foxes. I think they are cute and i also have a firey personality too and i am warm at heart.
Mine comes from the loss of my child, and I told my psychiatrist I needed to make friends with death. That freaked her out, but my intentions are to learn everything I can. I also once had an hallucination of death outside my window - yep, a skeleton in a black robe. I wasn't afraid and tried to reach out to him.
Sorry about your loss. Your child was lucky to have a loving and caring parent like you in its short life.

Rest in peace to your child and please take care
Love
FireFox:hug:

Last edited:
FriendofDeath

FriendofDeath

Elementalist
May 22, 2020
I love foxes. I think they are cute and i also have a firey personality too and i am warm at heart.

Sorry about your loss. Your child was lucky to have a loving and caring parent like you in its short life.

Rest in peace to your child and please take care
Love
FireFox:hug:

Thank you, FireFox. His loss is always with me. Beautiful, loving, caring young man.

• Hugs
Reactions: HorribleFeelings1 and FireFox
sorry

sorry

Apr 20, 2020
i just chose sorry because i often find myself apologizing and blame myself for everything.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: suicidebabyseal, WinterFaust, Good4Nothing and 3 others
Marktheghost

Marktheghost

Paragon
Feb 20, 2020
I committed suicide in January. So I'm a ghost. And my name's Mark.

I think it's a coping mechanism. I think I'm dead and I tell people I'm dead, because I can't come to terms with the fact that my suicide attempt didn't work and I'm still alive.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 14573, suicidebabyseal, WinterFaust and 3 others
V

Varstraben

Student
May 25, 2020
Mine come from the name of a plant of the cactus family, a discret one which seems harmless at first look, but when you walk on it you quickly feel the pain.

I love making comparison between life and other subject (not only life but just compare objects/situations each other), and it's one of my favorite :

When you look at the life through the window, it look beautiful, happy and you want to go in this world, but when you go to walk on the life path without protection, there is pain at every step of the way.
It's like walking on a cactus, where one day = one step.

I also love the comparison with a waiting room at the hospital, you still here to wait the end, when doctor come, the wait take end and you are transported to another world.
But the waiting time is long, very long, you do what you can to keep you busy, you see the others leaving one after the other, sometime using the natural way when the doctor come, and sometime they just leaving the room by themself.

But "WaitingRoom" don't sound good for a username for me, so I prefered the cactus version for it.

Reactions: HorribleFeelings1 and FriendofDeath
BeeLoyal

BeeLoyal

Is Existence Just A Test?
Apr 27, 2020
Self explanatory

the-eternal

the-eternal

Apr 10, 2018
my favourite song by joy division / also where i hope to arrive at in the coming months — if i could just find that damn rope!

ugly_loser2008

ugly_loser2008

Jul 30, 2018
Self-explanitory, I'm an ugly loser

wagwoo

wagwoo

May 19, 2020
I was hungry and thought of wagyu beef. Somehow my ill mind spun that into wagwoo.

willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
everyone always says "it will pass" so it's a bit of a play on words. a question that always pops in my mind when people say that is "will it really?"

Reactions: HorribleFeelings1, GoodPersonEffed and Good4Nothing
wagwoo

wagwoo

May 19, 2020
everyone always says "it will pass" so it's a bit of a play on words. a question that always pops in my mind when people say that is "will it really?"
I hear that and "it gets better" so much. I get people think they're helping but I hate not being able to snap and tell them they're not psychic.

Reactions: FriendofDeath, HorribleFeelings1, GoodPersonEffed and 1 other person
Myforevercharlie

Myforevercharlie

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
Charlie only exists in my head, a sort of not visible partner. A guide I guess.
Myforevercharlie

Reactions: Varstraben, FriendofDeath and HorribleFeelings1
NotSure

NotSure

Lost in thought
Apr 17, 2019
Well, I picked my username because initially I was not sure of why I was coming here. I wanted to try to help people feel better, but it's hard to stop someone from drowning when you're taking on water yourself. So, I realize that "NotSure" also describes my outlook on life. Man, I so desperately want to be happy, and I tell myself I am, but I cannot shake this feeling anytime something goes wrong. I have more than many people, no major health concerns, people who love me, a house and a wife, a job that pays ok....but I've never reached the goals I had for myself. I'm uncommitted to anything besides writing and hockey. I dreamt of being a journalist, or author. I thought I'd join the military and fulfill a civic duty I had within me to help people... I even made it to the final cut for the coast guard academy my senior year of high school. They told me to take a year of college and reapply and I would have even better odds.... but I didn't. I'm often a let down, even though from the outside I look moderately successful. Enough to get by anyway. I can't help but think I will never reach my goals, and if I do, I'll move the bar unattainably, anyways. It keeps me in a constant fear of myself. I'm scared I will overreact and that'll be it. I'm really not sure about anything anymore.

mathieu

mathieu

Enlightened
Jun 5, 2019
It's a version of my real name.

V

Varstraben

Student
May 25, 2020
Charlie only exists in my head, a sort of not visible partner. A guide I guess.
Myforevercharlie

It's remind me the movie "Hide and Seek", is there a connection with this movie ?

Reactions: lobster salad and HorribleFeelings1
V

Varstraben

Student
May 25, 2020
No.. But now i want to watch it! :smiling:

I strongly suggest you watch it, it's an horror / thriller, not with the best actor play but the story need to be known !

N

NotGonnaLast

Wizard
Mar 31, 2020
@mathieu is that Cloud in your PFP?

Hide and Seek is a great film! With a young Dakota Fanning as the child (obvs lol)

My name is because I'm not going to last here with the way I am. I've made peace with that.