• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

brimstonenfire_rain

brimstonenfire_rain

Wonder of U
Jul 13, 2023
I ve elaborated a reasoning, a long reflection of thoughts, but I think too many things and have too few words to explain them, so I managed to extract this discourse;

Am I selfish? I don't believe many are worse off than me, yet I'm still here. Of course, I could CTB even tomorrow if I lost the possibilities to pursue my goals; I would do it due to the meaninglessness of my own life. However, I don't do it because I suffer, even though I continually experience a sensation of suffering. Then, I think about what would happen if our existence were based on Solipsism. So, if I were to cease to exist, the entire universe, as far as I'm concerned, would cease to exist. In a way, it could offer me some comfort, yet I would feel like I no longer exist, but hey, I couldn't feel it anymore precisely because I wouldn't exist anymore. I'll divide my argument into sections.

The Nature of Human Existence

First and foremost, I ponder human existence itself. An individual's birth is often the result of circumstances entirely beyond their control. A human being suddenly finds themselves in the world, with no power over when, where, and by whom they are born. This condition can lead to contemplation about the meaning of human existence, especially if the individual is in a situation of unrelenting suffering from the beginning to the end of their life.

The Debate on Suffering and Death

The issue of suffering and death is central in this context. What does it mean to suffer, and how long can unbearable suffering last? Some may argue that if an individual lives in constant and unbearable suffering, they have the right to end their own existence. This raises complex ethical and moral questions. But ethics, morals, and cultural beliefs are human constructs and do not exist in nature as well as in the universe, so we don't give a shit.

The Absence of Consciousness and Our Role in the Universe

In the context of these reflections, the question of consciousness emerges. If the individual ceases to exist, so does their consciousness. Consciousness appears to be inherently linked to human existence and the functioning of the brain. This raises the question of what it means for us to exist or not to exist and how consciousness is tied to this condition.

The Being Forced to Suffer

Imagine a situation where an individual is born and, from that moment, begins to suffer continuously until death. This individual has no power to change his condition. Furthermore, by our will, he must remain seated in an infinitely vast room, immensely empty, and immensely lonely. His fate seems to be determined by factors beyond his control. (Assuming it must be this way because it's a situation we are imagining, in a sense, his destiny is dictated by our thoughts). Would it make sense for him to decide to cease to exist if he had the opportunity? Once he ceases to exist, he simply doesn't exist anymore. In other words, we're the ones who think, fortunately, that he has ceased to exist, but he doesn't think that because he no longer exists. (I can't put into words what I think because I think things that are too complex to explain.) But understood, he has put an end to his suffering, but before and after life, what judgment can he have about his life condition?

To You Who Are Reading This

Now, let's say you, like the individual, are forced to suffer continuously (you're not), are you really forced to remain in the same motionless oblivion, suffering? Then fight, fight against anything, fight even in the middle of traffic on the street if you want, punch the sidewalk, conceive what makes you feel bad and fight against it, because if you were to cease to exist, you couldn't be free from it simply because you can't think it.

Conclusion

So, unless you're a believer and you believe in an afterlife, if there's no paradise waiting for you, why ever CTB?

forgive me for any grammatical errors

skaro

skaro

idk anymore
Oct 25, 2023
I think I totally understand what you mean. I've thought about something similar - it's that, I wish I could be aware of the fact I'm dead after I die. But the lack of that - makes the whole thing very strange.

Reactions: brimstonenfire_rain