• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

MrBlue

MrBlue

Arcanist
Jul 1, 2020
I don't know if I've ever been scared of death. I'm utterly terrified of living as I am beyond 25, and I doubt I'll make it that far with how shitty I feel.

Zhontafly

Zhontafly

Student
Jul 16, 2020
I fear death. That's the reason I'm alive right now. Anyone alive who states the opposite is obviously lying.
I dont appreciate being called a liar. Just because you can't imagine not being afraid of death doesnt mean that everyone else is withholding truth and actually just like you. I've already tried to kill myself a few times with no success. I was not afraid of death in any of these instances. What I am afraid of is surviving and then suffering consequences of the failed attempts.

yetme

yetme

Arcanist
Oct 20, 2019
I dont appreciate being called a liar. Just because you can't imagine not being afraid of death doesnt mean that everyone else is withholding truth and actually just like you. I've already tried to kill myself a few times with no success. I was not afraid of death in any of these instances. What I am afraid of is surviving and then suffering consequences of the failed attempts.

and yet you are alive

justanotherstar

justanotherstar

Life: you can’t fire me, I quit.
Nov 23, 2020
I don't think I fear death but rather the mode of dying is what scares me, like a peaceful passing would be the golden ticket it's the thought of suffering in this life and then the possibility that It could happen all over again because we don't know what follows. I find comfort in the belief that we just die and there is nothing next but no one one will ever really know

Reactions: DarkAngel
Zhontafly

Zhontafly

Student
Jul 16, 2020
and yet you are alive
Wow genius, you figured that out huh! Good for you! I am currently waiting on my suicide because my wife (she wants to do it through Dignitas)wants to go with me , if not for that I would have already tried 3 other methods at my disposal. But again, I still fear that I will survive and suffer the consequences, I like many others also dont like methods that cause extreme discomfort and pain. I admit that I fear trying to kill myself with knives, swords, jumping, etc, So if that makes me afraid of death in your mind then so be it and whatever.

Last edited:
profoundexperience

profoundexperience

You can feel the punishment but you cant commit ts
Jun 29, 2020
I fear dying* I fear any afterlife** AND I think this is all purely due to the bullshirt cultural conditioning (aka lies) we're told as kids.

Fact is... for all practical purposes, we know how life originated, how it developed, and why it is the way it is. It's completely explainable without any appeal to anything supernatural.

Logically, rationally there is absolutely nothing to fear. It's only humans trying to control other humans that makes it scary... so fork them to the hell they invented!

* especially, even as careful as one can be it's possible any plan can get forked-up and fail.
** Even though I'm 99.8% (499 in 500) sure it's all human "greedy I want to survive" or "there really should be universal justice" stories. So, there's no such thing as any afterlife/reincarnation.

Last edited:
Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
It becomes harder to fear death if we accept that experience is the product of neurons firing. Once our neurons stop firing, all experience ends. So what is there to fear? You will not be trapped in some sort of void forever, or anything of the sort, because that would mean having an experience, which is impossible.

Dying though, that I find terrifying. The physical pain that is likely to accompany it specifically. I also fear the potential of an intense psychological experience of 'clasping to life with violent desperation', that I've heard some claims of NDE speak to.

P

Pravesh

Student
Oct 19, 2020
well firstly im atheist so i beleive nothing happens after death and from my perspective it will be like i never lived so it doesnt matter wheter i die now or in 30 years to me it will be like i never existed and a void so death is death doesnt matter when , its the great eraser.

A

Arthaniel

Oct 20, 2020
As miserable as my life is, I still fear death
the limits of the observable universe are over 90 billion light years. within these boundaries there are countless galaxies with even greater numbers of systems, planets, and other objects. among them the milky way and our solar system in it ... the earth in it and we are there. I don't buy theories about heaven and hell, reincarnation and karma. we are the product of millions of years of evolution of single-celled organisms, we are made up of atoms that billions of years ago were part of the core of some dying star. everything passes, every life. compared to a dying star, we have this luxury that we do not have to wait for the inevitable, but we can choose our own end.

P

Pravesh

Student
Oct 19, 2020
It becomes harder to fear death if we accept that experience is the product of neurons firing. Once our neurons stop firing, all experience ends. So what is there to fear? You will not be trapped in some sort of void forever, or anything of the sort, because that would mean having an experience, which is impossible.

Dying though, that I find terrifying. The physical pain that is likely to accompany it specifically. I also fear the potential of an intense psychological experience of 'clasping to life with violent desperation', that I've heard some claims of NDE speak to.
exactly . death is like being under anesthesia but never waking up.

D

Deleted member 1768

Enlightened
Aug 15, 2018
I do fear death, everybody does. But at the same time when you consider that 93% of all people who ever lived are dead today...It kind of puts things in perspective.
I do not now, nor have I ever been afraid of death. It is inevitable at this point in human existence. All living things eventually die. One accepts death, just as one accepts a broken leg. What purpose could fear possibly have? None.

K

Kruger

Arcanist
Dec 26, 2019
I fear dying, but not being dead. Because I plan to avoid the reincarnation trap and go back to source, NEVER to be reincarnated into the matrix again. I believe souls can be in more than one place, so I hope to "see" my parents, my beloved pet of almost 20 years, dear aunty Yvonne who lived to 91 but told me so often she wanted.to leave and be with her husband.

D

Dagon

May 25, 2019
I think my fear of dying stems from my fear of the unknown, but it's less scary when I remind myself that every second, there's someone knocking on death's door. It's an inevitable process and I just happen to be speeding mine up.

blackwidow92

blackwidow92

Nov 18, 2020
The longer I feel suicidal the less I fear death, for me personally living is definitely worse right now. I'm more afraid of failing an attempt and having to face people or being in pain throughout the process of commiting suicide. I used to feel guilt about how my loved ones would feel about me being gone but that's slowly dissipating too. If it wasn't for restrictions in the U.K. on SN the way I've been feeling lately I think I'd be gone already.