• Gay/Lesbian/Homosexual

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • Bisexual

Votes: 10 13.9%
  • Pansexual

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Asexual

Votes: 10 13.9%
  • Transsexual Straight (MtF Prefers M or FtM Prefers F)

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Transsexual Gay (MtF Prefers F or FtM Prefers M)

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Other (explain)

Votes: 5 6.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bootleg Astolfo

Bootleg Astolfo

Glorious Bean Plushie
Oct 12, 2020
astolfo_by_hisamesasara_dc5oeuy-350t.jpg

• Hugs
Reactions: UterEntonaur and lofticries
Lmd

Lmd

Elementalist
Jul 12, 2020
If I could, I would even fuck a lamppost so bi.

• Yay!
Reactions: Fehler, Mentalmick, UseItOrLoseIt and 1 other person
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
I would not be interested in females who are far younger than me. Most also wouldn't. Should we create a separate orientation label for those who would be? Or for those who would be attracted to all females, regardless of age?
...it is just a personal preference, I mean, not an attraction pattern. Which was the whole point of my last several comments...

I feel dirty now, by the way.
I will continue to agree to disagree. We are done here.
If I could, I would even fuck a lamppost so bi.
Hey, there are some pretty lampposts out there. Tall, thicc ones too. I heard the girls and guys like that.

Celerity

Celerity

Jan 24, 2021
Ah, so it is a phobia... My assumptions were correct, then.
No need for any further explanations; I agree.
Wtf? Because I disagree with you? Get lost.

• Yay!
Reactions: BeautifulMosaics and Brink
Bootleg Astolfo

Bootleg Astolfo

Glorious Bean Plushie
Oct 12, 2020
There's a whole lot of arguing and a whole not a lot of praising Astolfos.

• Love
Reactions: UterEntonaur
Celerity

Celerity

Jan 24, 2021
There's a whole lot of arguing and a whole not a lot of praising Astolfos.
Astolfos? The pink-haired anime chick? Not my thing. Different strokes for different folks though.

GrumpyFrog

GrumpyFrog

Exhausted
Aug 23, 2020
I'm nearly 30 and I don't really know what my sexuality is, I'm confused af. Is moron a sexuality?

• Yay!
  • Hugs
Reactions: deflationary, lofticries, Dr Iron Arc and 1 other person
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
Judging by who I most frequently have sex with, I'm mostly attracted to myself. Does that just make me a homosexual, since I'm the same sex & gender as myself, or is a new category required to describe my complicated sexuality?

• Yay!
Reactions: Celerity
Brink

Brink

Exhausted. RadHomo.
Feb 11, 2020
But... It matches post-surgery (that's the whole point). What about other similar medical conditions? Should they be separated too? What about age, attractiveness, height, fertility or other physical preferences? Furthermore...
Trans men were born female / assigned female at birth, which is enough for many gay men to be turned off sexually/romantically, as per the poll shared earlier.

Things like age and height do not change the fact that a person is cis/biological male -- that is, it'd still be homosexual to them, but just part of their personal preferences.

It's admittedly more complicated with people born intersex / with intersex conditions. Many intersex people are born male but have a variation in their sexual development, so in those cases, it would come down to how attractive they are to individuals under a particular umbrella.

Suppose a person isn't attracted to a particular person with a medical condition. In that case, it's only a phobia if they genuinely have an intense fear and aversion of them as human beings. Attraction is by its very nature exclusive, and that's a reality that hurts many people, but it's also the reason we have gay rights.

Ah, so it is a phobia... My assumptions were correct, then.
No need for any further explanations; I agree.
It's not a phobia because most gay men support trans rights. Many have trans friends and publicly oppose transphobic discourses that deny trans people autonomy and the right to transition as consenting adults.

Maybe there's a weak argument that can be made towards straight people (which might explain their much lower results), but for gay people, it just doesn't make sense as we are by and large in favour of trans rights.

Reactions: deflationary, Fragile and Celerity
Mentalmick

Mentalmick

IMHOTEP!!!
Nov 30, 2020
Asexual

• Hugs
Reactions: lofticries and Skathon
sadbadpsychogirl

sadbadpsychogirl

sonofabitch
May 29, 2020
lesbian only attracted to cisgender women. (i can't help it i know it makes me an asshole)

• Hugs
Reactions: Brink and Fragile
Celerity

Celerity

Jan 24, 2021
Reactions: BeautifulMosaics, Brink and Fragile
Celerity

Celerity

Jan 24, 2021
Kinda curious about how we ended up with so many more bisexuals compared to gay, not that I'm complaining. Unsurprised about the asexuals.

LONE WOLF.

LONE WOLF.

PUNISHER.
Nov 4, 2020
I don't know what a Asexual is! Could someone tell me please,thank you

Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
I don't know what a Asexual is! Could someone tell me please,thank you
It just means that you are not sexually attracted to either sex, or at least not enough to consider yourself as having another sexual identity.

Reactions: Skathon
LONE WOLF.

LONE WOLF.

PUNISHER.
Nov 4, 2020
It just means that you are not sexually attracted to either sex, or at least not enough to consider yourself as having another sexual identity.
Thank you Sprite_Geist!.

Reactions: Sprite_Geist
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
How can I become asexual?

Reactions: Celerity
Celerity

Celerity

Jan 24, 2021
How can I become asexual?
Right? Lol, I wish. Probably taking something that lowers your T levels would do the trick.

Idk why, but Adderall affects me this way, which is one of the reasons why I want to get it.

Reactions: GenesAndEnvironment
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Right? Lol, I wish. Probably taking something that lowers your T levels would do the trick.

Idk why, but Adderall affects me this way, which is one of the reasons why I want to get it.
My T levels are probably already as low as they can be. And I won't take any more drugs since I become a physical threat to furniture and electronics on those pills. But yeah it would be great to just not be triggered by beautiful women or couples, sort of like back when I was a small child and no one around me had any appeal. It was all just imagination and star wars or whatever.

Reactions: deflationary and Celerity
Mentalmick

Mentalmick

IMHOTEP!!!
Nov 30, 2020
But yeah it would be great to just not be triggered by beautiful women
Doesn't work like that I'm afraid, at least not for me. I'm still sexually attracted to women, I just don't want to have sex with them. But yeah, fuck happy couples.

• Hugs
Reactions: deflationary, lofticries, Fragile and 2 others
RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
Trans men were born female / assigned female at birth, which is enough for many gay men to be turned off sexually/romantically, as per the poll shared earlier.

Sigh. Genital preferences are valid, excluding all transgender people from the dating pool on principle isn't. It's very discriminatory to make a distinction between cis and trans people in a poll about sexual orientation because these two things have nothing to do with each other. That's not just my opinion, that's the opinion of all trans people I've asked this question so far. They also pointed out that including "transsexuals" in such poll while excluding transgender and nonbinary people is quite problematic. Not sure why we're having this discussion in the 21. century and why people are defending such an outdated poll in the first place. Trans people simply want to get treated like any other people on this planet yet for some reason, the ones who mean "best" are the ones who constantly exclude us and put an emphasis on us being trans. This isn't the only defining factor of us as humans. If you don't understand that, there is nothing I can do for you.

"Virtually all heterosexuals excluded trans folks from their dating pool: only 1.8% of straight women and 3.3% of straight men chose a trans person of either binary gender. But most non-heterosexuals weren't down for dating a trans person either, with only 11.5% of gay men and 29% of lesbians being trans-inclusive in their dating preferences. Bisexual/queer/nonbinary participants (these were all combined into one group) were most open to having a trans partner, but even among them, almost half (48%) did not select either 'trans man' or 'trans woman.'"

Maybe you think it's unfair, but being trans is very, very relevant to most people.

And should we be proud that most people have a bias when it comes to dating? How can anyone use this study to justify the options in this poll?

Last edited:
Reactions: OceanBlue and Skathon
Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
I find it very funny that we are having the discussion that people shouldn't choose to exclude some groups from their dating pools in a pro-choice forum.

I'm all for trans people doing whatever they want with their bodies in the pursuit of their dreams and freedom, I applaud that, actually. But you have to understand that these changes vary a lot from person to person, and most people search for beauty in the body of the person they are sexually attracted to, some trans people turn out very well, but it's unrealistic to expect that everyone will look like their preferred gender, specially the ones who are early in their transitions or developed a very masculine/feminine appearance because of their genes during their puberty.

The genitals are also an extremely important part of what makes a person sexually attractive, not because these need to be big, small or good looking, just because they need to be there and look the part. Genital surgery for trans people (both mtf and ftm) is still not satisfactory for biological people and barely making any progress. And as I said above, this also varies greatly depending on many factors.

You can't force anyone to be attracted to something they are not, it's sad, but that's the way it is.

And should we be proud that most people have a bias when it comes to dating? How can anyone use this study to justify the options in this poll?

It's not about being proud or not, these biases are simply a thing that exist. Besides, people are biased about literally everything in their lives, why is it such a controversy that sexual preferences are one of them?

Reactions: demuic and Brink
RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
I find it very funny that we are having the discussion that people shouldn't choose to exclude some groups from their dating pools in a pro-choice forum.

You're missing the point... being pro-choice has nothing to do with being biased. Like you have every right to make decisions based on personal preferences but don't expect to get applause if you, for example, exclude all black people (to use a more visual example) from the dating pool. Such exclusive ideas are considered a racial bias by the scientific community - don't believe me? I can show you studies that examine such preferences from a scientific standpoint. And I don't care what arguments you propose to justify racial or sexual bias. It's shady and I'm gonna call that out, deal with that.

I'm all for trans people doing whatever they want with their bodies in the pursuit of their dreams and freedom, I applaud that, actually. But you have to understand that these changes vary a lot from person to person, and most people search for beauty in the body of the person they are sexually attracted to, some trans people turn out very well, but it's unrealistic to expect that everyone will look like their preferred gender, specially the ones who are early in their transitions or developed a very masculine/feminine appearance because of their genes during their puberty.

What's your point? You even acknowledge that trans people can achieve a great passing right in your second sentence. So in what way does that correlate to people that exclude all trans people from the dating pool? If it's about looks, I can assure you that you've probably walked past trans people without even noticing. So you'd have no reason to reject them unless they told you about their trans background... or to put it extremely simple because the concept of bias seems to be very difficult to grasp for some people in this thread, let me express myself in form of a meme.

The genitals are also an extremely important part of what makes a person sexually attractive, not because these need to be big, small or good looking, just because they need to be there and look the part. Genital surgery for trans people (both mtf and ftm) is still not satisfactory for biological people and barely making any progress. And as I said above, this also varies greatly depending on many factors.

Why are you talking about genitals now? Do you know what genitals I have in my pants? Do you know what genitals all trans people have in their pants? Why does that matter when we're talking about trans people? Do you ask cis-people about their genitals on your first date or what's that obsession with genitals about? Once again you're expressing your bias because you make assumptions about all trans people and their genitals based on stereotypes and rumors, in other words, nothing but hot hair. And what do you know about genital surgery in the first place? You're not trans and I doubt you've ever seen a neo-vagina in real life. But that's quite interesting, maybe you start to give me some details about what's "not satisfactory" about the results of these surgeries, according to your post you seem to know a lot about that process, right? I'm sure your opinion is solely based on experience and scientific facts, right? Anything else would just confirm that you're arguing from a biased point of view.

And I can assure you, you wouldn't know the difference between a neo-vagina and a natal-vagina anyway. Trans women people can have multiple orgasms, squirt, experience penetration, self-lubricate, the list goes on - the biological functions are there. I'd even make the case that neo-vaginas are more aesthetic than natal-vaginas because their vagina is designed by surgeons that are specialized in vaginoplasty, so it's basically a free plastic surgery on genitals and they take your own wishes and suggestions about your optimal, personal vagina into account when performing the surgery. Quite an upgrade compared to natal-genitals, right?

You can't force anyone to be attracted to something they are not, it's sad, but that's the way it is.

Nobody denied that. You're completely missing the point. Once again, and maybe you'll understand it if I repeat myself just often enough: having genital preferences isn't the same thing as excluding all trans people from the dating pool on principle - and that's the point I'm trying to make here. If you decide not to date an individual because there are specific aspects you don't like about them, that's your right. But excluding them all from the dating pool because they belong to a specific group of people is discriminatory.

And don't come at me with homosexuality, I've heard this argument plenty of times. It's an entirely different subject but it proves you wrong. There are countless of lesbian and gay people that date trans people just fine - because their genitals match their preferences and they're not an asshole about what genitals they had 20 years ago. Some food for thought.

Like the difference between a trans lesbian and a cis lesbian are minor. It's the birth certificate, completely irrelevant when it comes to dating.

It's not about being proud or not, these biases are simply a thing that exist. Besides, people are biased about literally everything in their lives, why is it such a controversy that sexual preferences are one of them?

I've said it often enough, sexual preferences aren't the controversy here. The transphobia and obvious bias that's implied with statements like "I don't date trans people" is the issue.

Attachments

• 1619011197835.png
    1619011197835.png
    459.4 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Reactions: Skathon
Status
Not open for further replies.