• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I have posted a couple of threads in recovery for resources how to cope with depression, suicidality and other complex (mental health) issues.
Here are some of them.
But I could add some more of my recovery threads about that topic I think.

It is just an idea maybe it is self-absorbed when I make this suggestion.

penguinl0v3s

penguinl0v3s

Wait for Me 💙
Nov 1, 2023
Recovery buddy thread, like the suicide partner thread but with recov and with no expectation to meet in person. Recovery success stories. Attempted institutional treatments megathread talking about how people felt when trying certain mental health treatments (though I imagine this could be harder to moderate). Maybe a thread on medications.

Please for the love of God do NOT add an inspirational quotes thread or positivie memes section or anything adjacent to that. It makes me cringe how so many mental health resources have this weird fake positivity vibe, and I appreciate the honest depiction of the difficulties of recovering that are only found on this forum.

Cloud Busting

Cloud Busting

Formerly pinkribbonscars
Sep 9, 2023
I've been entertaining two megathread ideas:

1) a thread for people who are using philosophy/religion/spirituality as a recovery tool. I'm unsure if compiling resources and info would help. It'd be a space for people to share their recovery progress while utilizing these systems, or share advice, questions, frustrations, and doubts. The emphasize would be on supporting all personal creeds and truths and not judging anyone for what they believe.

2) An anxiety recovery thread, perhaps with a compilation of info and resources? People could share their experiences, what they're working on, and what strategies work and don't work for them, and exchange tips and advice. Unsure if that would be redundant considering the worksheet thread and stuff.

What do you think @Dot? If you'd like to collaborate feel free to pm

Reactions: Againstthewind
carac

carac

"and if this is the end, i am glad i met you."
May 27, 2023
Recovery buddy thread, like the suicide partner thread but with recov and with no expectation to meet in person. Recovery success stories. Attempted institutional treatments megathread talking about how people felt when trying certain mental health treatments (though I imagine this could be harder to moderate). Maybe a thread on medications.

Please for the love of God do NOT add an inspirational quotes thread or positivie memes section or anything adjacent to that. It makes me cringe how so many mental health resources have this weird fake positivity vibe, and I appreciate the honest depiction of the difficulties of recovering that are only found on this forum.
There is a recovery partners megathread, did you miss it or are you after something different?

Dot

Dot

Globl mod - Info abt typng styl on prfle.
Sep 26, 2021
Recovery buddy thread, like the suicide partner thread but with recov and with no expectation to meet in person.

Recovery success stories.

Attempted institutional treatments megathread talking about how people felt when trying certain mental health treatments (though I imagine this could be harder to moderate).

Ths cldnb dffclt as dffrnt thngs wll wrk fr dffrnt ppl - = gd t/ hve threds whre ppl tlk abt wht wrks fr thm & wht ds nt tho

Maybe a thread on medications.

Tbh ppl cld tlk abt wht thy r tryng & wht hlps etc bt sasu r nt doctrs s/ wld hve 2 b crefl abt hw medcatns r dscussd

Ha notd

I've been entertaining two megathread ideas:

1) a thread for people who are using philosophy/religion/spirituality as a recovery tool. I'm unsure if compiling resources and info would help. It'd be a space for people to share their recovery progress while utilizing these systems, or share advice, questions, frustrations, and doubts. The emphasize would be on supporting all personal creeds and truths and not judging anyone for what they believe.

Am sre tht smethng lke ths cld b orgnisd

2) An anxiety recovery thread, perhaps with a compilation of info and resources? People could share their experiences, what they're working on, and what strategies work and don't work for them, and exchange tips and advice. Unsure if that would be redundant considering the worksheet thread and stuff.

Wld b gd fr ppl t/ dscss & shre whch thngs r workng fr thm bt am wantng 2 avd info b-ing duplc8td 2 mny tmes or mght bcme cnfusng
What do you think @Dot? If you'd like to collaborate feel free to pm

Cloud Busting

Cloud Busting

Formerly pinkribbonscars
Sep 9, 2023
Wld b gd fr ppl t/ dscss & shre whch thngs r workng fr thm bt am wantng 2 avd info b-ing duplc8td 2 mny tmes or mght bcme cnfusng
That's my worry about creating specific threads for dealing with specific conditions. Perhaps a support group mega thread would be better for people who want support?

There are days when I'm having a really bad intrusive thought/anxiety day and it would be nice to talk to people who actually get it.

As for the philosophy/spirituality/religion thread, if y'all interested, would you like resources and info to be complied, or is that unnecessary/redundant?

Dot

Dot

Sep 26, 2021
That's my worry about creating specific threads for dealing with specific conditions. Perhaps a support group mega thread would be better for people who want support?

There are days when I'm having a really bad intrusive thought/anxiety day and it would be nice to talk to people who actually get it.

Slf cld add an a anxty/intrsve thghts spport mga-thred & inclde wth th/ othr spport mga-threds if tht wld b hlpfl

As for the philosophy/spirituality/religion thread, if y'all interested, would you like resources and info to be complied, or is that unnecessary/redundant?

Snds lke nce idea if u hve sme ideas of wht 2 inclde - slf cn add u t/ th/ recvry rsourcs grp cht if u lke

Dot

Dot

Sep 26, 2021
I have posted a couple of threads in recovery for resources how to cope with depression, suicidality and other complex (mental health) issues.
Here are some of them.
But I could add some more of my recovery threads about that topic I think.

It is just an idea maybe it is self-absorbed when I make this suggestion.

Am sre tht ths infrmatn cn b includd smehw - anythng hlpfl = gd 2 hve

Fimbulvetr

Fimbulvetr

Nov 7, 2023
Oh, I just realized since I have a huge list of resources, I could donate some here, maybe?
Not sure how helpful it would be, but still.

This'll be a lot, but ye.

Grounding techniques:
https://www.choosingtherapy.com/grounding-techniques/#mental-grounding-techniques
https://www.healthline.com/health/grounding-techniques#physical-techniques
https://www.fortraumasurvivors.com/post/grounding-techniques

The Self Care After Rape Masterpost:

- This includes stuff such as:
Common Responses to Rape/Sexual Assault
Traumaversaries
Reifying Happiness
Surviving the Holidays
Overstimulated Nerves
Flashbacks and more o7

DBT Distress Tolerance skill guide:

Emotional overload: https://mhanational.org/im-feeling-too-much-once-dealing-emotional-overload

How to overcome an addiction: https://www.verywellmind.com/overcoming-addiction-4157285

Things to do besides self harming: https://www.adolescentselfinjuryfoundation.com/things-to-do-besides-self-harm

Raising low self esteem: https://www.nhs.uk/mental-health/self-help/tips-and-support/raise-low-self-esteem/

I also have a number of books but I don't have them uploaded anywhere but discord, but I can upload them to a google drive or something!
Besides I Hate You, Don't Leave Me ( found here: https://humansystem.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/i-hate-you-dont-leave-me.pdf )

I have the following books that I can upload if wanted:
Mindfulness for Borderline Personality Disorder - Relieve Your Suffering Using the Core Skill of Dialectical Behavior Therapy 2013
Unfuck Your Brain - Using Science to Get Over Anxiety Depession Anger Freak-Outs and Triggers
...and can also probably find more books, if that's wanted.

Last edited:
Dot

Dot

Sep 26, 2021
Oh, I just realized since I have a huge list of resources, I could donate some here, maybe?
Not sure how helpful it would be, but still.

This'll be a lot, but ye.

Grounding techniques:
https://www.choosingtherapy.com/grounding-techniques/#mental-grounding-techniques
https://www.healthline.com/health/grounding-techniques#physical-techniques
https://www.fortraumasurvivors.com/post/grounding-techniques

The Self Care After Rape Masterpost:

- This includes stuff such as:
Common Responses to Rape/Sexual Assault
Traumaversaries
Reifying Happiness
Surviving the Holidays
Overstimulated Nerves
Flashbacks and more o7

DBT Distress Tolerance skill guide:

Emotional overload: https://mhanational.org/im-feeling-too-much-once-dealing-emotional-overload

How to overcome an addiction: https://www.verywellmind.com/overcoming-addiction-4157285

Things to do besides self harming: https://www.adolescentselfinjuryfoundation.com/things-to-do-besides-self-harm

Raising low self esteem: https://www.nhs.uk/mental-health/self-help/tips-and-support/raise-low-self-esteem/

I also have a number of books but I don't have them uploaded anywhere but discord, but I can upload them to a google drive or something!
Besides I Hate You, Don't Leave Me ( found here: https://humansystem.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/i-hate-you-dont-leave-me.pdf )

I have the following books that I can upload if wanted:
Mindfulness for Borderline Personality Disorder - Relieve Your Suffering Using the Core Skill of Dialectical Behavior Therapy 2013
Unfuck Your Brain - Using Science to Get Over Anxiety Depession Anger Freak-Outs and Triggers
...and can also probably find more books, if that's wanted.

Apprci8 - lts of gd info hre

U cld snd th/ info t/ slf ovr Dscrd if tht wld hlp - slf hve a drve tht mterials cld b addd 2

• Hugs
Reactions: Fimbulvetr
Fimbulvetr

Fimbulvetr

Nov 7, 2023
Apprci8 - lts of gd info hre

U cld snd th/ info t/ slf ovr Dscrd if tht wld hlp - slf hve a drve tht mterials cld b addd 2

Oh!!! Ummm idk how I would do that : o
Do I private message you my discord username? I also dunno how private messages work tho 😭

time2fly47

time2fly47

Cowboy
Nov 25, 2023
Success stories. How you overcame everything and managed to come out on top.
I'm working on that right now.

Dot

Dot

Sep 26, 2021
Success stories. How you overcame everything and managed to come out on top.
I'm working on that right now.

Hs alrdy bn mde bt slf cn add sme mre stries if u hve sme

Cloud Busting

Cloud Busting

Formerly pinkribbonscars
Sep 9, 2023
Slf cld add an a anxty/intrsve thghts spport mga-thred & inclde wth th/ othr spport mga-threds if tht wld b hlpfl

I would love that. A depression one was created recently and I find it so helpful.

The title I suggest is:

Anxiety/Panic Attacks/Phobias/OCD Megathread

I think an autism megathread would be helpful too. There are a lot of autistic users here.

tunnelV

tunnelV

Misanthrope is my religion
Oct 19, 2023
People who have recovered explaining steps they took to achieve it. Also how long it took. If they found an external source of their pain.

Dot

Dot

Sep 26, 2021
People who have recovered explaining steps they took to achieve it. Also how long it took. If they found an external source of their pain.

@Kundalini Guy

Kundalini Guy

Kundalini Guy

FULLY RECOVERED
Mar 27, 2023
@Kundalini Guy
Lol this is the same guy who called me a narcissist and insulted me in the recovery post. If he wants recovery information he can go on that post as I detailed my experience. Though I will make 1 recovery post before I delete my account.

tunnelV

tunnelV

Misanthrope is my religion
Oct 19, 2023
@Kundalini Guy
Yes that would mean something. Not a weirdo asking for people specifically under 25 to message him like a lazy predator. Although I do not need anything from him. Which is why he is going on ignore. I would not be taking advice from someone who claims to want to save people. All while telling people to wait until 25 then they can have his green light to do it. There are too many people who based their care and advice on ageism. Someone who claims to be kind wouldn't do that. It's honestly common sense.
Lol this is the same guy who called me a narcissist and insulted me in the recovery post. If he wants recovery information he can go on that post as I detailed my experience. Though I will make 1 recovery post before I delete my account.
I don't need anything from you. That's not even what you did. You wanted people under 25 to private message you..which has nothing to do with me. You also never explain anything in your posts beyond "you can do it" that's not "information" you are going on ignore so I won't see anymore of your troll posts.
The post you made to help people recovery are for under 25. I have told you multiple times I would not take advice since I'm over 25. You decided to make it about age.

Last edited:
Reactions: TapeMachine
Kundalini Guy

Kundalini Guy

FULLY RECOVERED
Mar 27, 2023
Yes that would mean something. Not a weirdo asking for people specifically under 25 to message him like a lazy predator. Although I do not need anything from him. Which is why he is going on ignore.

I don't need anything from you. That's not even what you did. You wanted people under 25 to private message you..which has nothing to do with me. You also never explain anything in your posts beyond "you can do it" that's not "information" you are going on ignore so I won't see anymore of your troll posts.
I did not want people under 25 to message me, that's just an assumption you created. My goal was for people to consider suicide later on in their life instead of ending it while too young, which is not an evil or malicious reason for posting. I DID post information in a reply.

Reactions: Aim
AnHeroTransGirl

AnHeroTransGirl

Experienced
Jul 17, 2023
I want someone to actually be hired to respond to posts. If people like us can't rely on "professionals" it's only fair we get someone who can have similar standards they do without the actual things that make professionals shit.

N

NotToBeRemembered

Dec 18, 2023
Perhaps this is silly, but I see many issues of depression related with bad habit and lifestyle. I'd like to see a dedicated thread to accomodate the idea of changing our lifestyle into healthier one. I still don't know about the details of the thread. But that's the general vision.

Reactions: carac
D

Dutch1986

-
Jan 25, 2024
Is a thread for cute pet/animal pics a good idea? That might briefly provide some distraction after all?

Dot

Dot

Sep 26, 2021
Is a thread for cute pet/animal pics a good idea? That might briefly provide some distraction after all?

Kall

Kall

Jul 7, 2023
Coping skills. For example on how to deal with grief/shame/envy/fear/...

Dot

Dot

Sep 26, 2021
Crsis rsourcs fr anxty attcks & ovrwhlm jst addd

• Love
Reactions: boddibo
Average Enthusiast

Average Enthusiast

Sep 10, 2023
I think more people who've suffered from depression/ suicidal intentions before to be available in mental healthcare services. Sure, you can study for years to earn your credentials but in all reality, you either understand or you don't. And majority of people who haven't gone through it themselves don't understand. It's those people who have no problem institutionalising people who are suicidal, taking away their free will. Moral of the story, if someone isn't happy, you don't just lock them up and feed them medication that dulls them. In fact, majority of the time it just worsens the situation and causes other addictions. I also believe that despite our world progressing towards being more accepting, there rlly is a lack of support for people of the LGBTQ+, especially the trans community. I do believe that that's mainly due to religion still holding a massive influence over politics, and just pure ignorance.

Dot

Dot

Sep 26, 2021
Coping skills. For example on how to deal with grief/shame/envy/fear/...

Thre r sme sheets on copng sklls fr dffrnt thngs in wrk-shts & wrkbks mgathred
& also th/ thred fr anxty attcks & emotnl ovrwhlm

Sme of thse r dsignd t/ hlp wth dffrnt knds of anxty & fear bt slf wll lk in2 rsourcs fr grif & shme & C wht cn pt 2gthr