• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Againstthewind

Againstthewind

Global Respondent Adjudicator
Jul 10, 2022
Whats cracking folks, tis the wind here, asking for your recommendations on what we should include in the recovery section.

We are looking to BEEEEF it up!

What kind of resources would you like to see here? I for one think a top ten rated, video games per console, tv shows and movies will work, since when you finish something you feel lost and need to replace with something else. I am always like that, especially with the highest rated from places such as IMDB.

Perhaps resources for our Trans friends perhaps? It can be specific resources to issues or for people in general that everyone will benefit from, let me know.

DISCUSS!

Seered Doom

Seered Doom

A nihilist going through an unrelinquished Hell
Sep 9, 2023
LGBT+ resources and different resources on different mental differences would be one. Maybe more discussions on how living with certain types of mental and physical struggles would help in recovery.

real human being

real human being

full of broken thoughts
Jan 28, 2022
Meditation has been proven in some studies to be as effective for treating mental illness such as anxiety as antidepressants. I personally benefit from breathing exercises to help me calm down in the moment. I think a thread on meditation and breathing exercises would be good to have.

carac

carac

"and if this is the end, i am glad i met you."
May 27, 2023
I had an idea a while back of trying to do a weekly challenge in the recovery section.
The basic idea would be each week I would post a challenge that might push people to try something or take part in something as a community. It would just be a simple challenge that most people could take part in but there would be no strict rules. challenges could be interpreted in different ways to suit how little or how much that person wanted to do. People could post proof of their completion, only if they wanted to in which ever way they want. I would also need people to submit ideas for challenges as I don't think I would be able to keep coming up with new ones each week and also it would be good to get different perspectives.

So in short it would just be like an informal way for people to have a shared goal with others.

So for example challenge for week 1 could be "Make some Origami"

WeirdTheaterKid02

WeirdTheaterKid02

Jul 1, 2022
I had an idea a while back of trying to do a weekly challenge in the recovery section.
The basic idea would be each week I would post a challenge that might push people to try something or take part in something as a community. It would just be a simple challenge that most people could take part in but there would be no strict rules. challenges could be interpreted in different ways to suit how little or how much that person wanted to do. People could post proof of their completion, only if they wanted to in which ever way they want. I would also need people to submit ideas for challenges as I don't think I would be able to keep coming up with new ones each week and also it would be good to get different perspectives.

So in short it would just be like an informal way for people to have a shared goal with others.

So for example challenge for week 1 could be "Make some Origami"
Absolutely adore this idea. There's nothing more beneficial to me than creativity

carac

carac

May 27, 2023
Thanks, although I was thinking that they didn't have to all be creative stuff but I guess a big chunk of them would be. Other ideas I had were like to do some physical exercises or to do some house chores. Obviously each challenge is entirely optional. If there was enough interest we could seperate them so we just had creative challenges on their own and phyiscial challenges as another part.

A

Akanea

Student
May 24, 2023
I have a few idea yes!:
- A list of common antidepressants/anxiolytics, their effects and side effects.
- Some success stories about recovery that could be pinned, it would motivate people a lot I believe.
- Some scientific literature about depression and anxiety, LGBT…. Or even well researched YouTube videos about these subjects.
- What are the different kind of therapies that exist.
- Maybe a recovery focused Telegram group? Idea from @F&Inside , where we could try to motivate each other and share our wins. Play together and all that.
- Meditation explaination and playlist.
- Common Grounding exercises for anxiety and other mental issues.
- Pretty much everything that was written on this thread is a good idea

Dot

Dot

Globl mod - Info abt typng styl on prfle.
Sep 26, 2021
I have a few idea yes!:
- Meditation explaination and playlist.
- Common Grounding exercises for anxiety and other mental issues.

Thse 3 r b-ing workd on

Th/ othr ideas r gd & thse cn b workd 2wrds also

Am also goin2 mke complatn of all wrk-shts etc tht slf hve whch cld b us-fl

Last edited:
A

Akanea

Student
May 24, 2023
Thse 3 r b-ing workd on

Th/ othr ideas r gd & thse cn b workd 2wrds also

Am also goin2 mke complatn of all wrk-shts etc tht slf hve whch cld b us-fl
Oh superb, thanks Dot!
Mga-threds wld b mre practcl as indvidl frums wld bcme 2 cluttrd
Yeah, and we may also end up with posts having less visibility, it's better to stay focused on CTB one side and Recovery on the other I believe.

Dot

Dot

Sep 26, 2021
Oh superb, thanks Dot!

Yeah, and we may also end up with posts having less visibility, it's better to stay focused on CTB one side and Recovery on the other I believe.

Thre = peer-spport mgathred complatn whch covrs dffrnt issus & tht complatn wll also b accssble frm Recvry sectn shrtly

I

inpursuitofpeace

Jan 4, 2023
Meditation has been proven in some studies to be as effective for treating mental illness such as anxiety as antidepressants. I personally benefit from breathing exercises to help me calm down in the moment. I think a thread on meditation and breathing exercises would be good to have.
I read a post the other day that said that picking up a book and reading silently for six minutes can really help to calm your nervous system. It may be worth looking into adding to your toolbox.

Reactions: Againstthewind
moondazed

moondazed

ex nihilo nihil fit
Oct 14, 2023
What about resources for helping people find education opportunities, such as scholarships, trade programs, bootcamps and workshop stuff? Also, there is the WWOOF program, which is international, and gives people opportunities to work on organic farms in rural areas all around the globe, very good for cross-cultural experience. I think any practical opportunities aimed at helping people improve their life/perspective when in the ruts would be a good resource.

Dot

Dot

Sep 26, 2021
What about resources for helping people find education opportunities, such as scholarships, trade programs, bootcamps and workshop stuff? Also, there is the WWOOF program, which is international, and gives people opportunities to work on organic farms in rural areas all around the globe, very good for cross-cultural experience. I think any practical opportunities aimed at helping people improve their life/perspective when in the ruts would be a good resource.

Gd idea - wld nd 2 fnd a wy 2 pst as mny Internatnl or onlne optns as pssble bcse of natre of cmmunty

& perhps genrl advce of hw 2 lk fr thse thngs

carac

carac

May 27, 2023
@Dot @Againstthewind

Regarding my suggestion I'm going to start a challenge a thread in the recovery section and see if it takes off , hope that is all ok, just wanted to take the iniatative as I'm generally bad at getting stuff started

ColorlessTrees

ColorlessTrees

Stuck
Jan 4, 2022
I can speak specifically to WWOOF, since I actually participated in it earlier this year a few times. Until my health got in the way again, it was immensely helpful for being "work", without long term commitment, and I too thought it would be good for some here who have access to travel. You don't even need prior skills, depending on the host.

If anyone would be interested, I've thought about making a thread/resource specifically for this. I'm not an expert by any means, but I learned a lot through research (beforehand) and spending about 3 months on various farms. (I also am not the greatest at writing/formatting, but I can try)

I could also briefly try to cover the similar volunteer/work models, albeit I have no direct experience with them and less knowledge.

moondazed

moondazed

ex nihilo nihil fit
Oct 14, 2023
I can speak specifically to WWOOF, since I actually participated in it earlier this year a few times. Until my health got in the way again, it was immensely helpful for being "work", without long term commitment, and I too thought it would be good for some here who have access to travel. You don't even need prior skills, depending on the host.

If anyone would be interested, I've thought about making a thread/resource specifically for this. I'm not an expert by any means, but I learned a lot through research (beforehand) and spending about 3 months on various farms. (I also am not the greatest at writing/formatting, but I can try)

I could also briefly try to cover the similar volunteer/work models, albeit I have no direct experience with them and less knowledge.
I would love to hear about your experience. I have met one other person who went through it. Twice even. When he was in japan the host also gave him some spending money in addition to his room and board, so he would travel to Tokyo on the weekends. He said it was great. I have heard of bad stories and bad hosts on the internet though, but nothing firsthand.

Reactions: ColorlessTrees
Dot

Dot

Sep 26, 2021
@Dot @Againstthewind

Regarding my suggestion I'm going to start a challenge a thread in the recovery section and see if it takes off , hope that is all ok, just wanted to take the iniatative as I'm generally bad at getting stuff started

Np - hve linkd tht thred t/ th/ centrl rsourcs pge

Snds gd

Dot

Dot

Sep 26, 2021
Am also lookng in2 rsourcs fr adlts wth autsm as thre r mnt autstc membrs on SaSu - if n.ethng cld b recmmndd thn slf wll inclde

Dot

Dot

Sep 26, 2021
LGBT+ resources and different resources on different mental differences would be one. Maybe more discussions on how living with certain types of mental and physical struggles would help in recovery.

Cld u gve n.e xampls

Seered Doom

Seered Doom

A nihilist going through an unrelinquished Hell
Sep 9, 2023
Cld u gve n.e xampls
Sure! I would like to see more plurality resources (stuff for DID/OSDD etc) as well as some for PTSD and insomnia. Along with that, maybe some for regular LGBT+ resources for those who are trying to come out/coming out but don't know how to explain things as well as places to be able to explore gender and sexuality. I think these would be beneficial as it will be able to put things into words.

Againstthewind

Againstthewind

Jul 10, 2022
Great suggestions guys, keep em coming!

F

ftm68_99

May 4, 2023
I meditate for 23 minutes five days a week, but I find it's no match for treatment resistant clinical depression and GAD. I'm supposing it helps, since I've heard so much about it--and that's why I'm going it--but I'm not finding it to be much in the way offering lasting calmness..

Dot

Dot

Sep 26, 2021

Ths wll b addd t/ lst of threds t/ mke

@Dot @Againstthewind

Ths thred hs bn pinnd

I have a few idea yes!:
- A list of common antidepressants/anxiolytics, their effects and side effects.

Thnk a lnk t/ a qualifid pharmcolgy pge wld b bettr

- Some success stories about recovery that could be pinned, it would motivate people a lot I believe.

If u or n.e1 els wld lke t/ serch fr n.e recvry stries slf am OK with addng thm t/ a thred
- Some scientific literature about depression and anxiety, LGBT…. Or even well researched YouTube videos about these subjects.

Wht knd of litrture

Ok ths thred = startd & nw b-ing gradually addd 2

A

Akanea

Student
May 24, 2023
Thnk a lnk t/ a qualifid pharmcolgy pge wld b bettr
Yes true, a list of meds with a link to a medical website would be better, you're right.
If u or n.e1 els wld lke t/ serch fr n.e recvry stries slf am OK with addng thm t/ a thred
I can try, should I send them to you by PM?
Wht knd of litrture
I thought of scientific articles about depression, how helpful transition is for trans people, or maybe just well written articles about common issues experienced by people here so people can learn about there problems, and common solutions.
Ok ths thred = startd & nw b-ing gradually addd 2
Thanks a lot, Dot!

Dot

Dot

Sep 26, 2021
I can try, should I send them to you by PM?
Tht wld b gd - apprci8

I thought of scientific articles about depression, how helpful transition is for trans people, or maybe just well written articles about common issues experienced by people here so people can learn about there problems, and common solutions.
Nt sre wht knd of artcls 2 inclde abt deprssn

RaS wll hve plnty of artcls abt trnsitn tht slf cn inclde in th/ LQBTQ thred wht tht = cmpild

Thanks a lot, Dot!

Againstthewind

Againstthewind

Jul 10, 2022
Excuse me @Dot you are hijacking my thread? 20% ban. Unbelievable.

I think a great idea would be to introduce a thread on how to do with PROVOCATEURS.

Lullaby

Lullaby

🌙
Mar 9, 2022
I think cost and money is always a big barrier when it comes to people wanting to recover.

I can't speak for anything outside the US, but I think a resource thread with information about various things like that would.

How to get low to no cost therapy, mental health club houses (recreational), crisis houses (safer and less scary alternatives to hospitalization), etc.

I've been struggling for a long time, so I could probably help.

Reactions: Cloud Busting