• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

R

Rubypie41

Mar 25, 2024
I'm so jealous of people with high serotonin levels
Me too, the happiest nights of my life were when flying high on ecstacy ha! Imagine feeling even remotely like that all of the time and life would be unbelievably amazing.

E

escape_from_hell

Student
Feb 22, 2024
Yes there is a huge reward at the end!
It turns out this is all a big "test" from the higher powers! (sound familiar?)
At the end of time, the universe will look at you with a big ol' smile and speak to you like an annoying pet owner or a cheek-pinching grandma "aww you did SUCH A GOOD JOB! you are such a smarty, yes you are! who's a good boy/girl!? You filled that diaper with poopy so good yes u did, you filled that life with so much holding on! That's right! aww smoochy woochy."

It was all big teleological program. The end goal was to breed like crazy and create the ultimate super-life at the end that "wins evolution" by being the bestest-est. The more babies you popped out, the more a winner you are and the more head pats the universe gives you at the end!

R

Rubypie41

Mar 25, 2024
Nothing lol. Just more suffering, hardship and struggle

What about dopamine
That too, the main reward neurotransmitter in the brain. It's what makes us all seek pleasure in life. Without dopamine you would feel no reward and therefore no pleasure. Can only imagine how happy someone is with high serotonin and dopamine levels.

• Informative
Reactions: sserafim
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Enlightened
Jan 1, 2024
Me too, the happiest nights of my life were when flying high on ecstacy ha! Imagine feeling even remotely like that all of the time and life would be unbelievably amazing.
I just read about in Australia they are doing MDMA therapy for depression and PTSD . Was the come down on Ectasy awful?

Blue Elephant

Blue Elephant

Arcanist
Sep 22, 2023
It's perfectly natural to want to live a long, healthy and happy life. We have in-built survival instincts and chemicals in our brains that make us feel pleasure, reward, happiness, ambition etc.

I look at some of my friends who are very happily married, have amazing children and an overall amazing life that they are unbelievably happy with, so why wouldn't they want to continue experiencing this happiness for as long as possible.

If you're happy, have purpose and find genuine enjoyment from life then you should absolutely 100% live life to the fullest.

Not everyone is in that situation though. We are all individuals, have different circumstances, different genetics etc. and unfortunately for some they just never find their purpose, happiness or enjoyment, which is sad but that's just the way it is.

The best example I can give is in my younger days I experimented with various recreational drugs (mostly ecstasy) and that gave me an insight into how damn happy you can actually be (artificial of course), but it made me think how people are wired up differently. If someone has a natural high serotonin level for example (which is the neurotransmitter ecstasy releases), then they probably walk around in a much more happy, sociable, outgoing, loveable and empathetic way, so they love how they feel and love life. Someone on the opposite end of the spectrum with low serotonin levels will walk around depressed, socially awkward, introverted, negative etc.

We are all wired up slightly differently, have different genetic traits, different circumstances, so many variables.

End of day if you're happy and healthy, then you would want to continue being happy and healthy.

Not true for everyone due to some of the reasons stated.
And you think the friends that you speak of, the ones with children etc, do you think they are not artificially happy? Take most money away from the equation, leave them with enough for only food, utilities and clothing and you will see how their lives crumble. They happiness is bought. I have never met two people who love each other. I'm not saying there aren't any, of course there are, I mean .. there should be, but most people don't love each other. Most people don't even know what love is, the dictionary definition is incomplete.

R

Rubypie41

Mar 25, 2024
I just read about in Australia they are doing MDMA therapy for depression and PTSD . Was the come down on Ectasy awful?
In the beginning stages of taking MDMA the comedowns were not too bad, but the more you keep doing it the worse the comedowns get.

Depletes your serotonin levels, which takes time to build back up, so if you do it once in a blue moon you're fine, but do it every weekend for an extended period of time and the comedowns get worse and worse, as your continuously depleting serotonin and not giving your brain chance to recover.

Certainly not something to be messed with. MDMA isn't physically addictive but once you start taking it on nights out, a normal night out without feels boring, so becomes addictive from a psychological perspective.

• Informative
Reactions: divinemistress36
sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
That too, the main reward neurotransmitter in the brain. It's what makes us all seek pleasure in life. Without dopamine you would feel no reward and therefore no pleasure. Can only imagine how happy someone is with high serotonin and dopamine levels.
I have ADHD, so my reward system is already messed up. My dopamine is fucked up and I'm pretty sure that I have low dopamine lol
And you think the friends that you speak of, the ones with children etc, do you think they are not artificially happy? Take most money away from the equation, leave them with enough for only food, utilities and clothing and you will see how their lives crumble. They happiness is bought. I have never met two people who love each other. I'm not saying there aren't any, of course there are, I mean .. there should be, but most people don't love each other. Most people don't even know what love is, the dictionary definition is incomplete.
They're all chained to the rhythm. Ignorance is bliss

Last edited:
Reactions: Blue Elephant
Abyssal

Abyssal

Sorry if I’m being a jerk I’m just stupid
Nov 26, 2023
For me it's a lot of pain but also some good moments mixed in. There are times where it's okay and I think damn I'm glad I'm alive but the suffering is very real. I try to view staying alive as something neutral that is merely a thing and not good nor bad.

• Hugs
Reactions: Blue Elephant
R

Rubypie41

Mar 25, 2024
I guess only they can answer that, but even if money and material things bring them happiness, why does that matter. So long as they are happy that's all that counts. Some aspects of life requires money to bring happiness in those aspects (food, water, a house, cars, entertainment, hobbies/interests, holidays, eating out, going to events etc.) and other aspects do not require money (enjoying each others company, sex, going for walks, exercising etc.).

Artificial happiness or not, if that are happy with that then they are still happy.

5xJinx

5xJinx

Something's gotta give
Apr 16, 2024
In my (fucking) country they start to say, every human being experiences depression in life. Ha! Sure. What assholes they are. They call it a depression if they are overworked, you know! I really hate my country.
I once per week volunteer in a nursing home and meet an old lady who will turn 93 in August. Last time she told me that she has never experienced times of extreme stress or desperation. Might be she doesn't remember it. Might also be true since she seems to have a very loving relationship with her family still.
"Everyone experiences depression" is something privileged people say because they think failling an exam or your car running out of gas on a highway = the worst day imaginable
The people who say this are one step away from saying "Just find a new hobby or exercise and your depression will disappear"

Basically normies feel such a strong sense of optimism and connectedness that to them depression just means you're overthinking and in their heads they go "why would someone do this to themselves? 🤔'

R

Rubypie41

Mar 25, 2024
"Everyone experiences depression" is something privileged people say because they think failling an exam or your car running out of gas on a highway = the worst day imaginable
The people who say this are one step away from saying "Just find a new hobby or exercise and your depression will disappear"

Basically normies feel such a strong sense of optimism and connectedness that to them depression just means you're overthinking and in their heads they go "why would someone do this to themselves? 🤔'
It's all relative to the individual involved. For some, failing an exam might make them feel depressed. I hate the expression "it's not that bad, it could be worse", or "just think, there are people in much worse positions". Whether is could be worse, or others are in worse positions could apply to just about every circumstance, so I don't agree with such statements. Whatever anyone is going through, is all about how it affects that individual.

Agree there are some people who simply cannot relate or understand other people's circumstances and why they would do such a thing to themselves. Those people likely live in a bubble where nothing bad has yet happened to them.

Sure there are also privileged people who do understand though.

divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Enlightened
Jan 1, 2024
In the beginning stages of taking MDMA the comedowns were not too bad, but the more you keep doing it the worse the comedowns get.

Depletes your serotonin levels, which takes time to build back up, so if you do it once in a blue moon you're fine, but do it every weekend for an extended period of time and the comedowns get worse and worse, as your continuously depleting serotonin and not giving your brain chance to recover.

Certainly not something to be messed with. MDMA isn't physically addictive but once you start taking it on nights out, a normal night out without feels boring, so becomes addictive from a psychological perspective.
Every once in a while in a medical setting could be useful for depression and ptsd

5xJinx

5xJinx

Something's gotta give
Apr 16, 2024
It's all relative to the individual involved. I hate the expression "it's not that bad, it could be worse", or "just think, there are people in much worse positions". Whether is could be worse, or others are in worse positions could apply to just about every circumstance, so I don't agree with such statements. Whatever anyone is going through, is all about how it affects that individual.
I can vibe with this,an extremely valid statement
For some, failing an exam might make them feel depressed.
This part I kinda have an issue with,while failling an exam can make some people depressed many confuse the general meaning of "feeling sad" for depression,for me I only use the term for serious,heavy depression which - when it hits - makes things such as failling an exam feel laughable in retrospect

R

Rubypie41

Mar 25, 2024
I can vibe with this,an extremely valid statement

This part I kinda have an issue with,while failling an exam can make some people depressed many confuse the general meaning of "feeling sad" for depression,for me I only use the term for serious,heavy depression which - when it hits - makes things such as failling an exam feel laughable in retrospect
Yes I would agree. I guess it comes down to terminology. Someone feeling sad about failing an exam would probably use the word depressed, but feeling depressed about a certain situation is different to actual depression. Yes they feel sad/depressed about that particular situation for a period of time, but they are not clinically depressed.

• Yay!
Reactions: 5xJinx
5xJinx

5xJinx

Something's gotta give
Apr 16, 2024
Yes I would agree. I guess it comes down to terminology. Someone feeling sad about failing an exam would probably use the word depressed, but feeling depressed about a certain situation is different to actual depression. Yes they feel sad/depressed about that particular situation for a period of time, but they are not clinically depressed.
Feels good to have a civil discussion on the internet 😊

Reactions: Rubypie41
Blue Elephant

Blue Elephant

Arcanist
Sep 22, 2023
I guess only they can answer that, but even if money and material things bring them happiness, why does that matter. So long as they are happy that's all that counts. Some aspects of life requires money to bring happiness in those aspects (food, water, a house, cars, entertainment, hobbies/interests, holidays, eating out, going to events etc.) and other aspects do not require money (enjoying each others company, sex, going for walks, exercising etc.).

Artificial happiness or not, if that are happy with that then they are still happy.
I can answer that. I fail at many things in life but when it comes to human psychology I'm fucking ace. Give me five minutes with a person and I can tell you exactly what they think.

I said
Take most money away from the equation (leave them with enough for only food, utilities and clothing)
not all of them. In other words, leave them with the bare essentials.

Food, water, shelter are needed for happiness, a car, maybe, some entertainment, maybe, your state of enjoyment depends on your state of awareness and understanding. The dumb need many many of these things.

All this matters because every little thing that every one of us does, affects the others, the humans, the animals, the plants, everything. When they drink a Coke, when they buy a new iPhone, when they listen to loud music, when they drive instead of walking, when they make a bigger house, when they make yet another child they take unnecessary resources, they create pain and misery. This is why it matters! I despise these junk who prey on the weak and for whom there is never enough. All this to maintain their sick ego.