• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

ExtraordinaryDefeat_

ExtraordinaryDefeat_

Apr 3, 2021
My depression exists because of my personality disorders. I don't fit in with other people. I feel different than 'em, I don't want to belong in this society, I don't like their lifestyle... I never liked partys and hedonistic lifestyle, which teens have often asf. Lately, I've started thinking about regaining my life... I've taken Sertraline, Risperidone and Venlafaxine, but none of them worked... I've also had CBT in the past, but it didn't give a shit, aswell as psychodynamic therapy. Please, I don't want to leave this world, I need help, the time is running out...

MYStERY_Man

MYStERY_Man

The 't' is silent
Jul 15, 2020
The great procastinator I am, I've been suicidal since 2009 and haven't looked for any help at all. You're doing fine. Depressions can be mischievous, to feel hopeless is part of the experience. As long as you persist, there is a good chance you will find something that works for you. Just be open with your doctor and they'll keep trying different drugs and dosages. Eventually they might indicate TMS, ECT or novel stuff such as ketamine/esketamine. If you get to the point they've tried everything in their toolbox, you could still take a chance with psychedelics. If nothing works, at least you'll be older and symptoms tend to mellow out as we age. It's arduous work, just talking about it makes tired. But if you don't want to leave this world, it's the path for you.

ExtraordinaryDefeat_

ExtraordinaryDefeat_

Apr 3, 2021
The great procastinator I am, I've been suicidal since 2009 and haven't looked for any help at all. You're doing fine. Depressions can be mischievous, to feel hopeless is part of the experience. As long as you persist, there is a good chance you will find something that works for you. Just be open with your doctor and they'll keep trying different drugs and dosages. Eventually they might indicate TMS, ECT or novel stuff such as ketamine/esketamine. If you get to the point they've tried everything in their toolbox, you could still take a chance with psychedelics. If nothing works, at least you'll be older and symptoms tend to mellow out as we age. It's arduous work, just talking about it makes tired. But if you don't want to leave this world, it's the path for you.
I'll try to do as much as I can, I already have Golden Teacher shrooms and they seem to be working wonders, but I need to work at my personality if I want to live a good life. They improve my effects by about 140%

WhiteDespair

WhiteDespair

The Temporary Problem is Life
Oct 24, 2019
Try reading How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie. It has good information for relating to people. This can help make it easier to interact with people.

I don't know how personality disorders affect things. I do know that it takes effort and practice to get along with people and it gets easier the more experience you gain. I'm no social butterfly but I can have a conversation with people. That took a while.

W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Sorry to hear this, pal.

I'm bipolar and it seems my depression can really kick my ass daily because of it.

I've become a extremely lonely person and I gotta admit I miss my ex friends and gf from time to time.

Here's the thing: normal life might be back once we understand that being depressed 24/7 will only make things worse.

Thus, I started to set myself short and doable goals such as taking a shower and going for a 15min walk every day, cleaning, studying 20 min a day, etc. This gave me some energy and motivation I didn't have before and I was able to start working again.

I'm still a lonely person but I think if I continue like this I might make friends any time soon.

Also, don't worry too much about people. It's quite difficult for us to fit in with normal individuals because they just don't understand what depression and suicidal thoughts really are. You will find someone sooner or later.

I've made some friends here and also on OMEGLE by typing tags such as DEPRESSION, SUICIDE, BIPOLAR, AFTERLIFE so, you could try something like that too.

Best of luck!

Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
My depression exists because of my personality disorders. I don't fit in with other people. I feel different than 'em, I don't want to belong in this society, I don't like their lifestyle... I never liked partys and hedonistic lifestyle, which teens have often asf. Lately, I've started thinking about regaining my life... I've taken Sertraline, Risperidone and Venlafaxine, but none of them worked... I've also had CBT in the past, but it didn't give a shit, aswell as psychodynamic therapy. Please, I don't want to leave this world, I need help, the time is running out...

Do you have periods when you feel normal and even happy?

Red

Red

Warlock
Apr 10, 2019
It's so funny how most people don't feel like they fit in. A lot of people try to, and pretend to "fit in" but really we're all just a bunch of very individual individuals lol

Reactions: WhiteDespair
WhiteDespair

WhiteDespair

The Temporary Problem is Life
Oct 24, 2019
It's so funny how most people don't feel like they fit in. A lot of people try to, and pretend to "fit in" but really we're all just a bunch of very individual individuals lol
Half of it is pretending you fit in.

Reactions: Mentalmick and Red
Mentalmick

Mentalmick

IMHOTEP!!!
Nov 30, 2020
I have treatment resistant depression as well and as far as I know there is not much you can do. There are some meds that supposedly work better on treatment resistant (trazodone is one) but they're not very effective.

L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
I just read that San Pedro is helpful for depression. I'll post it in the Recovery forum too. It's more helpful than LSD and psilocybin according to the site I read (which is called The Third Wave).

Reactions: Sensei
B

Beachedwhale

Mage
Mar 3, 2021
I just read that San Pedro is helpful for depression. I'll post it in the Recovery forum too. It's more helpful than LSD and psilocybin according to the site I read (which is called The Third Wave).
Source?

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️
Jul 1, 2020
(BPD) I don't think/havent come across anything that helps with personality disorders, doing all my own research medication and off the shelf stuff (shrooms, I drink shroom coffee). But personality disorders, there isn't anything yet. But you can take/do things to ease the symptoms.

As far as my personality disorder I can be anything from country to goth to jock to hippie. Just do you. Be around people that get it/dont care. If they do care then that's their problem and you don't need them. If you're talking more about the depressive side of 'my' personality disorder the same rule applies. Be around people that get it/dont care. Tell them the way you are so they know and can be prepared/know how to help/handle it. Example I told my husband that it seems my normal stress levels are higher then that of normal people (I literally need a chill pill and I'm working on that) until then he knows that its just me and to not take it too personally. (lol don't take a personality disorder personally).

I hope that answer helped.

Do you know specifically which personality disorder you have? I might be able to give better advice, like I said at the beginning some things can help. Like DBT instead of CBT. There's so many different therapies and variations of things you could try I'd be here all day naming them off.

Last edited:
L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
I'll try to do as much as I can, I already have Golden Teacher shrooms and they seem to be working wonders, but I need to work at my personality if I want to live a good life. They improve my effects by about 140%
I love hearing this news. I wanted to try them. Someone I know tried growing them but failed. So pleased to hear they are helping you. I'd love to know more.

For personality disorders - I think I had one but not a classic one, so nothing diagnosable. I have found myself that weed has helped my personality a lot over time and softened me and made me more aware of thigns. But I think I have some autism, and weed can help that. T

hey also say Dialectical Behaviour Therapy is the most helpful - maybe in a group, but you can also get workbooks and individual therapy.
@Beachedwhale

With pleasure. Here is the Third Wave info. The scientific research papers I might look for later! Pretty sleepy now.

Last edited:
dandan

dandan

One more attempt on life.
Feb 18, 2019
Man, I went on during twenty years I had some depression and treatment. Was I mistaken, horomone therapy vanished the daily CBT thoughts.
Life has situations which are not pleasant, but im out of the depression I used to had.
thanks to hormone therapy,
just call and setup appointment for a total testosterone analissi, or ask around
if reuslts are low or way to low, or just little low, I 'd suggest to go take the tests, if results are low, go to a doctor. or go to a doctor first, an endocrinologist, not a psychatrist