Neogoloid

Neogoloid

Crush me until there’s nothing left
Oct 28, 2023
Just something I was thinking about. Do men have an innate advantage against women in a fight? Regardless of if the woman is taller or weighs more?

Say a 5'1 skinny man goes up against a 6'3 woman? Won't the woman have the advantage? If the man wins this fight then does that mean that even dan (4'10) from "dan vs" can beat the average woman or taller?

Just seems unlikely despite the biological difference in strength and speed between Men and women.

• Love
Reactions: Adûnâi, jamesLXIX and Forever Sleep
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I can only speak from personal experience. I'd say I had average to above average strength for a woman but even fairly weak looking guys (not meaning to sound offensive) are stronger than me. I don't think it's just about physical strength. Some of it I think is also a willingness to show aggression.

That of course is a fairly sexist thing to say and I'm sure it's not always the case. Just in more agressive acts though- like smashing up something with a hammer to throw away- I've noticed- guys tend to be better at it than girls- they were certainly better than me anyhow and I'm not a girly girl at all.

In general though- I'd say men do have biological advantages that make it more possible for them to gain muscle. There must be a reason they usually segregate sports into men's and women's. In many strength reliant sports- men ted to outperform women too- and they are in peak condition.

I've also known quite a few men with what I believe they term: 'short man syndrome'. Not only had they built themselves up to be physically fit and strong- one was a security guard with a black belt in karate- they also had an aggressive and confrontational manner about them. So yeah- I'd say- even against a taller opponent- they'd probably win. Depends not only on the person's physical strength- it likely depends on just how willing they are to hurt someone else.

• Love
Reactions: Slow_Farewell, Asingletwig, Adûnâi and 3 others
edu0z

edu0z

carried away by a moonlight shadow
Aug 25, 2021

• Love
  • Yay!
Reactions: Adûnâi and noSuffering
𝗟𝗼𝗻𝗲𝗹𝘆

𝗟𝗼𝗻𝗲𝗹𝘆

Deeming that I were better dead
Oct 28, 2023
different bone density, muscle mass, anatomy
yes, man do have an advantage regardless of their size

• Love
  • Informative
Reactions: ColorlessTrees, Slow_Farewell, beelzebul and 1 other person
_Broken_alice

_Broken_alice

She/Her
Nov 19, 2023
We can offer a fairly unique anecdotal report of our experience.
Running on testosterone gives massive advantages in this regard. Women or people running on estrogen can be strong too, but it is a lot harder to gain and maintain muscle mass. As a trans gal going on 1 year of HRT, the muscle and consequently, strength loss has been astonishing. For us, we were never really muscular thankfully, but we have easily lost half of our strength in the last year alone. When we lived a lie, we were very fit despite never working for it. Now? Everything is so heavy and we get exhausted so easily...
The lie could have picked us up and carried us with ease. Now? Injuries aside, we would seriously struggle to pick up someone 2/3rds our weight and just hold them momentarily. Carrying them any distance would be impossible.

• Love
  • Informative
Reactions: Adûnâi and Forever Sleep
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
Absolutely. If you ever work a job that requires physical labor, the strength advantage becomes obvious within minutes. I have also fought a guy before. The dude was 16, not even fully grown yet and had a developmental disorder to boot. He shoved me into a wall and held me there anyway. Trying to push him off was an exercise in futility. I am so glad he eventually gave up because I was completely defenseless.

• Love
Reactions: Adûnâi
noSuffering

noSuffering

May the Force be with Israel
May 7, 2023
I disagree. Those who play sports or do active physical work will have an advantage. And most construction workers will be stronger than most athletes because construction workers do physical activity more often and regularly.

A woman who regularly exercises (even dances) will kick most random men's ass, because most men don't exercise AT ALL. The problem is that if the majority of men do not play sports, then the an even higher percentage, absolute majority of women don't play sports at all.

Male muscles catastrophically degrade after a couple of days of sitting at home and binge eating (trust me 😫). But damn, I've been training in different places on outdoor horizontal bars for many years, any horizontal bars are almost always free, but if very rarely someone pulls up on the horizontal bars, then in 100% of cases it's men. I have never, not once in many years! I didn't see a woman passing by just walk up to the horizontal bar and pull herself up.

No one is born strong and smart. Eva Brown, an Australian woman, did more than 700 pull-ups on horizontal bars in one hour. I'm a man and I'm light years away from that number. The men's record for one hour pull-ups is over 900 - the difference with the women's is small. Before you say "I'm weak because I'm a woman," learn to do at least a hundred pull-ups, this is very far from the female limit and very far from what most men can do. The one who trains is strong. If you sit at home, you are stupid and weak, not because you are a woman, but because you do not train.

And in general there is nothing to do at home, houses are for cockroaches, and people should spend all their time except sleeping in the open air - long lonely walks, running, climbing trees, walking in the mountains, just stupid walk to the other end of town to an unnecessary store and back is better than being a pet cockroach. (so, it's time for me to stop the second day of stupidity on the computer and gluttony and go riding a bike and pull myself up)

What do I see almost always? Young mothers with strollers, who spend hours every day sitting outside on sports fields, drinking coffee and staring at their phones - not once, not one of them, has ever come five meters away from this horizontal bar and pulled themselves up. With so many festivities, you can do this hundreds of times every day.

One woman told me that her childhood friend, after studying STEM for many years, got a job as an engineer at Intel (!). And what did she do? She gave birth to a child, quit her job as an engineer at Intel and is now selling cosmetics through network marketing for the same stupid ovules.

I saw a study by scientists on the maximum punching force of a woman and a man. Both are MMA fighters. The man's blow is almost twice as strong. But even one good blow to the chest from a well-trained woman breaks ribs. I'm sure this will be enough for many.

Bruce Lee said: "I'm not afraid of a man who practices 10,000 different blows, I'm afraid of a man who practices one blow 10,000 times."

If you are a woman, just an experiment: start regularly, for hours, alone, practicing punching a concrete wall with your fist. you will quickly understand the basic principles and then everything depends on your perseverance, and not on your gender.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: SMmetalhead36 and Adûnâi
Rapière

Rapière

On the brink
Jul 7, 2022
Absolutely. If you ever work a job that requires physical labor, the strength advantage becomes obvious within minutes. I have also fought a guy before. The dude was 16, not even fully grown yet and had a developmental disorder to boot. He shoved me into a wall and held me there anyway. Trying to push him off was an exercise in futility. I am so glad he eventually gave up because I was completely defenseless.
This has me curious - how did you get into a fight with a mentally challenged 16 year old?

• Love
Adûnâi

Adûnâi

Little Russian in-cel
Apr 25, 2020
And in general there is nothing to do at home, houses are for cockroaches, and people should spend all their time except sleeping in the open air - long lonely walks, running, climbing trees, walking in the mountains, just stupid walk to the other end of town to an unnecessary store and back is better than being a pet cockroach.
I once stayed at home for around 2 years, now I can stay for 2 months (during the summer). Probably good considering I can be kidnapped (it's the Ukraine, baby).

I have never, not once in many years! I didn't see a woman passing by just walk up to the horizontal bar and pull herself up.
Aren't those bars dirty? Can't you get hepatitis C from touching it? (Just a random disease name, I'm stupid in medicine.)

Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
This has me curious - how did you get into a fight with a mentally challenged 16 year old?
I was in school, 13 at the time. He was trying to kiss me.

• Love
Reactions: Adûnâi and Rapière
IWishToDie

IWishToDie

I check notifications once per week
Dec 31, 2023
Just something I was thinking about. Do men have an innate advantage against women in a fight? Regardless of if the woman is taller or weighs more?

Say a 5'1 skinny man goes up against a 6'3 woman? Won't the woman have the advantage? If the man wins this fight then does that mean that even dan (4'10) from "dan vs" can beat the average woman or taller?

Just seems unlikely despite the biological difference in strength and speed between Men and women.
It depends. Some sporty women can ragdoll a smaller man, toss them around. If they both have martial arts training, the man wins almost 99/100 times.

• Love
thedevilwithin

thedevilwithin

anima vestra
Oct 4, 2023
I disagree. Those who play sports or do active physical work will have an advantage. And most construction workers will be stronger than most athletes because construction workers do physical activity more often and regularly.

A woman who regularly exercises (even dances) will kick most random men's ass, because most men don't exercise AT ALL. The problem is that if the majority of men do not play sports, then the an even higher percentage, absolute majority of women don't play sports at all.

Male muscles catastrophically degrade after a couple of days of sitting at home and binge eating (trust me 😫). But damn, I've been training in different places on outdoor horizontal bars for many years, any horizontal bars are almost always free, but if very rarely someone pulls up on the horizontal bars, then in 100% of cases it's men. I have never, not once in many years! I didn't see a woman passing by just walk up to the horizontal bar and pull herself up.

No one is born strong and smart. Eva Brown, an Australian woman, did more than 700 pull-ups on horizontal bars in one hour. I'm a man and I'm light years away from that number. The men's record for one hour pull-ups is over 900 - the difference with the women's is small. Before you say "I'm weak because I'm a woman," learn to do at least a hundred pull-ups, this is very far from the female limit and very far from what most men can do. The one who trains is strong. If you sit at home, you are stupid and weak, not because you are a woman, but because you do not train.

And in general there is nothing to do at home, houses are for cockroaches, and people should spend all their time except sleeping in the open air - long lonely walks, running, climbing trees, walking in the mountains, just stupid walk to the other end of town to an unnecessary store and back is better than being a pet cockroach. (so, it's time for me to stop the second day of stupidity on the computer and gluttony and go riding a bike and pull myself up)

What do I see almost always? Young mothers with strollers, who spend hours every day sitting outside on sports fields, drinking coffee and staring at their phones - not once, not one of them, has ever come five meters away from this horizontal bar and pulled themselves up. With so many festivities, you can do this hundreds of times every day.

One woman told me that her childhood friend, after studying STEM for many years, got a job as an engineer at Intel (!). And what did she do? She gave birth to a child, quit her job as an engineer at Intel and is now selling cosmetics through network marketing for the same stupid ovules.

I saw a study by scientists on the maximum punching force of a woman and a man. Both are MMA fighters. The man's blow is almost twice as strong. But even one good blow to the chest from a well-trained woman breaks ribs. I'm sure this will be enough for many.

Bruce Lee said: "I'm not afraid of a man who practices 10,000 different blows, I'm afraid of a man who practices one blow 10,000 times."

If you are a woman, just an experiment: start regularly, for hours, alone, practicing punching a concrete wall with your fist. you will quickly understand the basic principles and then everything depends on your perseverance, and not on your gender.

let's not be delusional please. no hate but most 16 year old boys are stronger than grown women.

• Love
Reactions: Celerity, Adûnâi and SMmetalhead36
achb

achb

I am Clive
Oct 23, 2023
I'd say it's less about height and more about muscle mass and skills. Most guys will beat most women in a fight. But a woman trained to fight will probably beat a skinny white guy who hasn't seen the light of day in a year. Ofc height can affect muscles, a 5' woman who lifts isn't as strong as a 5'9 woman who lifts, but again, mostly down to muscle mass.

There are weak guys. There are strong girls. If a weak guy goes against a strong girl the girl will likely win. But an average guy against a strong girl will put up a fight and could overpower. And a strong guy against a strong girl is no contest.

• Love