Cathy Ames

Cathy Ames

Cautionary Tale
Mar 11, 2022
I thought this might be of interest to any US military veterans here or their loved ones. It's kind of a big deal (in my opinion) because this help is also available for the folks who served over two years but did stay in until retirement.

P.S. This is in the recovery section and intended for those who are not biased against seeking this type of help.

• Informative
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Venus13 and Looking
T

timf

Enlightened
Mar 26, 2020
I originally thought this was for residents of Virginia (VA).

Thanks for posting. Most of us from the Viet Nam era were used to getting spit on. Being ignored was a step up. That someone might care is really appreciated.

• Hugs
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and Cathy Ames
Cathy Ames

Cathy Ames

Cautionary Tale
Mar 11, 2022
I originally thought this was for residents of Virginia (VA).
Oh, I can see now that the subject line is deceptive. I didn't think of that. I am glad you read it anyhow.
Thanks for posting. Most of us from the Viet Nam era were used to getting spit on. Being ignored was a step up. That someone might care is really appreciated.
It would be great if they had "wraparound services" (?) along with this, so as to maybe change people's overall circumstances. But this is a huge step up, I think. Although I am concerned that they do not have enough resources.