• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

tryingtoescape

tryingtoescape

Experienced
Dec 30, 2019
Alright, here is another hot take: cancel culture doesn't exist.

J.K.Rowling is doing fine. Dave Chapelle is doing fine. Even Donald Trump is doing fine. Here is a good video dissecting the discussion.

It definitely exists, people have committed suicide over cancel culture. And "doing fine" is subjective. While one person may be fine being cyberbullied and humiliated and harassed daily, most people are seriously emotionally affected by that kind of public humiliation.

https://www.deccanchronicle.com/wor...o-of-her-with-headscarf-is-shared-online.html

There are many more examples.

Reactions: lostundead, Dr Iron Arc, Fragile and 1 other person
Chinaski

Chinaski

Arthur Scargill appreciator
Sep 1, 2018
It definitely exists, people have committed suicide over cancel culture. And "doing fine" is subjective. While one person may be fine being cyberbullied and humiliated and harassed daily, most people are seriously emotionally affected by that kind of public humiliation.

https://www.deccanchronicle.com/wor...o-of-her-with-headscarf-is-shared-online.html

There are many more examples.

Cancel culture does not exist. People commit suicide for myriad reasons, all of them valid to the perception of that individual - just because someone may have decided to ctb because of some perceived woke agenda which is out to silence them does not in itself evidence the unstoppable evil of "cancel culture" any more than someone ctb because of separation evidence the truth about divorce.

High-profile people with huge platforms and significant wealth complaining that they are being "silenced" because some people below them on the food chain called them out on their shitty opinions is not something that should ever be taken seriously, this is a continuous right-wing blare of white noise which has existed in some form or other for as long as I've been alive. Bigots should be challenged, objectionable opinions should be held to scrutiny, purveyors of hate rhetoric should be taken to one side and binned off. Nobody gets "cancelled" just for "having an opinion", they get called out and shunned for being fucking arseholes, and that is how it should be imo.

Will add here btw that Caroline Flack's death had nothing to do with "cancel culture" and whoever wrote that article suggesting as much is a piece of shit for using her tragic story as a means of furthering "cancel culture" bullshit.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Gloom, TotallyIsolated, stygal and 3 others
Chinaski

Chinaski

Sep 1, 2018
Are you seriously saying most of those people would have committed suicide if not for being relentlessly harassed, publicly humiliated, and cyberbullied daily?
No, I'm clearly not saying that. I'm saying the direct link you are drawing between ctb and "cancel culture", the notion of a woke agenda out there to silence the noble truth-tellers, is inaccurate. Even so, if "people ctb because of this, therefore it's bad" is the argument, there are much more significant causes of ctb out there imo - many of those crying about being cancelled have actually done a fair bit yo perpetuate harmful attitudes which lead to ctb, jk Rowling being an obvious example.

Cancel culture has always existed. During the crusades, Satanic Panic, and now. Every decade, its participators are convinced they are "in the right" and "on the righteous side." People like this choose to take part in woke false-outrage cancel culture because it's an acceptable way to release their sadistic hatred and malice onto someone who can't fight back, and have more anger for someone falsely accused of something they didn't do or a teenager who made a racist/sexist remark when they were 13 and apologized than a Nazi or gang member.
"Cancel culture" as is commonly understood has not always existed. It's the latest con trick pulled by people with significant power and platform to spin themselves as noble, hard done to bastions of truth, because it's absolutely in their interests for them to have dipshits identifying with them as noble martyrs than it is for them to be recognised as powerful oppressors. Nobody got "cancelled" - if they did, they wouldn't have their platform to bleat about it.

Reactions: TotallyIsolated and RainAndSadness
RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
@tryingtoescape people blasting their inappropiate behavior into the internet and the internet responding appropiately isn't cancel culture. It's them facing consequences for outrageous behavior.

Also most of the other cases you've mentioned have nothing to do with cancel culture, Your link to insider is about a celebrity that couldn't handle online hate after appearing on a reality TV show. There was no cancelling going on. Another link leading to edrants is about someone uploading a video on the internet in which they harass another woman. None of these cases address cancel culture as it's described in this thread, it's about bullying and online hate. That's an entirely different subject.

Last edited:
Reactions: TotallyIsolated and Chinaski
Chinaski

Chinaski

Sep 1, 2018
Hate to break it to you but you're not significant enough to experience "cancel culture". What you're describing is a confusion of bullying, harassment, but nothing you've posted is relevant to "cancel culture".

"cancel culture" is a tool used by the establishment and representative figures to silence its/their critics by portraying them as a baying, angry mob. It is not the cause of widespread suicide.

Reactions: blueclover_., Ego Sum Medusa, TotallyIsolated and 1 other person
Manaaja

Manaaja

euROPE
Sep 10, 2018
I don't think I'll ever buy a Pokemon game again. I was the biggest fan from Gen 1 forward, but Let's go, SwSh, BDSP and Arseus (pun intended) are... let's say I made a game myself and I enjoyed it more that those games.

• Aww..
Reactions: LastFlowers and Fragile
LossOfWill

LossOfWill

Lowpoly Heaven
Dec 24, 2020
I think neopronouns and xenogenders are neat! Even if I don't understand them all the time. Since gender is a social construct it only makes sense that there would be like, more of them.

I know a lot of people think it delegitimatizes trans people, but I think they're harmless. (note: I am trans)

• Love
Reactions: waitingforrest, stygal and RainAndSadness
Manaaja

Manaaja

euROPE
Sep 10, 2018
Every romantic story should have a happy ending :heart:

Reactions: Green Destiny and not-2-b-the-answer
Lifeless mindset

Lifeless mindset

See you on the other side
Oct 20, 2020
Girls squirting is a total turn off

• Wow
Reactions: blueclover_., NumbItAll and not-2-b-the-answer
NumbItAll

NumbItAll

expendable
May 20, 2018
Anal sex is not appealing... I mean c'mon, it's just the wrong hole...

deep apologies to @hotelbeneathground for this one... plz don't make my punishment too severe :shy:

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Yay!
Reactions: Green Destiny, blueclover_., motel rooms and 1 other person
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
Anal sex is not appealing... I mean c'mon, it's just the wrong hole...

deep apologies to @hotelbeneathground for this one... plz don't make my punishment too severe :shy:

Sorry to disappoint you, but I'm actually not obsessed with penetrating guys. :)) It's hot, but it's only fun for me if it's fun for them, & sometimes they just can't handle it. I find frot (you lie on top of a man & rub your penis against his) & intercrural/thigh sex (you put your penis between his thighs & thrust) perfectly satisfying.

Btw, I would punish a str8 guy only if I found him sexy, & I would do it by edging him with my hands & mouth, which would drive him insane with pleasure & turn him gayer than me. :sunglasses::wink:

• Informative
Reactions: blueclover_., GenesAndEnvironment and NumbItAll
motel rooms

motel rooms

Apr 13, 2021
Unsubscribe
I'm sorry if I disappointed you by not talking about anal sex & how frustrating it is when you have to wait for your partner to poop & douche :haha:

Reactions: blueclover_.
TheHatedOne

TheHatedOne

Death is salvation
Sep 26, 2021
We apply ''worth'' the wrong way when it comes to needs and stuff taht fulfill them. in fact, it shouldnt even be applied. the fact that we are born here without consent and then somehow have to ''earn a living''? and be worth having food, shelter, water etc.? No fuck it, no one consented to this or had any idea that this would happen. Everyone needs these things as it's shown even on Maslow's Pyramide at the very bottom. This could happen if everyone would oppose their evil nature, but it won't happen.

Reactions: deflationary, not-2-b-the-answer, Skathon and 1 other person
Harriet

Harriet

Nov 24, 2021
Adele is fucking shit.

• Love
Reactions: CFLoser, blueclover_., tryingtoescape and 4 others
D

deathismymeaning

did not consent to being alive
Nov 19, 2021
i don't like cheese

• Hugs
Reactions: Green Destiny, CFLoser and not-2-b-the-answer
lostundead

lostundead

Student
Mar 18, 2021
Most people who are into politics dont actually care about politics, they just enjoy being part of a large movement and use it as a way to fulfill their will to power. The views themselves are mostly arbitrary.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hirokami, deflationary, TheHatedOne and 2 others
Enigmatic Sailor

Enigmatic Sailor

vicissitudes of fate...
Oct 29, 2021
I like the feeling of wet clothes. I want to stand outside in heavy torrential rain or take a dive in the ocean/lake with a business suit on.

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: waitingforrest, NumbItAll, not-2-b-the-answer and 1 other person
motel rooms

motel rooms

Apr 13, 2021
Duck sauce makes good lube. DUck! Get your minds out of the gutter.

@Angst Filled Fuck Up

• Yay!
Reactions: Angst Filled Fuck Up and not-2-b-the-answer
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
Duck sauce makes good lube. DUck! Get your minds out of the gutter.

@Angst Filled Fuck Up

You know full well that isn't the type of spring roll you're supposed to dip.

opt  aboutcom  coeus  resources  content migration  serious eats  seriouseatscom  recipes

Last edited:
  • Yay!
Reactions: motel rooms, not-2-b-the-answer and Manaaja
blueclover_.

blueclover_.

Better Never to Have Been: 2006, David Benatar
Oct 11, 2021
I don't like El from Stranger Things

:/
Sorry to disappoint you, but I'm actually not obsessed with penetrating guys. :)) It's hot, but it's only fun for me if it's fun for them, & sometimes they just can't handle it. I find frot (you lie on top of a man & rub your penis against his) & intercrural/thigh sex (you put your penis between his thighs & thrust) perfectly satisfying.

Btw, I would punish a str8 guy only if I found him sexy, & I would do it by edging him with my hands & mouth, which would drive him insane with pleasure & turn him gayer than me. :sunglasses::wink:
Alright that's enough internet for today

Last edited:
  • Yay!
Reactions: motel rooms and not-2-b-the-answer
Green Destiny

Green Destiny

Life isn't worth the trouble.
Nov 16, 2019
Sports of all kinds are a waste of time and have huge health risks to those who play them. And I would know I played Hockey and got my skull bashed in, changed me for the worst and made me dumb as fuckin' hell. Yet I still love watching sports, must be some form of Stockholm syndrome.

• Hugs
Reactions: LastFlowers, Silenos, not-2-b-the-answer and 1 other person
motel rooms

motel rooms

Apr 13, 2021
The best way to get tipsy is by sucking on your drunk man.

• Yay!
  • Informative
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and Silenos
TheHatedOne

TheHatedOne

Death is salvation
Sep 26, 2021
I don't get why people are so scared of Johan Liebert. Sure he did bad and unforgettable things, but its not like he is the only one. Could be the expressions he does sometimes, especially when widening his eyes? I don't know, but for me, sometimes when I look at his face I start to laugh. I don't know why.

Manaaja

Manaaja

euROPE
Sep 10, 2018
Mobas are boring.

Hots bored me before I could even finish my fifth match. Pokemon unity was fun for a week.

I also hate moving in Mobas. Too many times I have seen "Oh, there's an enemy I can't beat, I gotta run and hide!" only to get killed after 15 seconds because every character either moves like a snail or dies in three hits. There really should be an insta teleport ability that every character could use like once a minute (it wouldn't replace any other abilities but be an addition, like press t to teleport or something).

I feel like 5 people per team is too little, too often when playing Unity every other team member would be in Nevada and I was all alone. Would make it more interesting and less one sided if it was 6 per 6.

Also the game mechanics should be more complicated and interesting. There should be several ways to score points or pwn enemies.

Reactions: LingeringUnreal
StarryStarry

StarryStarry

Cat Lady
Oct 25, 2021
All attorneys should fall off the face of the earth (I wanted to say this in a different way, but thought better of it).

• Love
Reactions: little helpers and Manaaja
Manaaja

Manaaja

euROPE
Sep 10, 2018
Anime girls cutting their hair to show character development: 👎
Anime boys growing their hair to show character development: 👍

Reactions: GenesAndEnvironment and Skathon