• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Should I start using weed again?

• Total voters
Mikulal1995

Mikulal1995

A bipolar, depressive mess.
Jul 15, 2018
As I've written about previously on this website, I have bipolar disorder. Many associate bipolar disorder with out of control mood swings: Going from happy to sad in a matter of minutes. Well, nothing could be further from the truth. Bipolar disorder manifests in a cyclical and episodic nature. What does this mean? It means that I go through episodes that last a long time. I'm talking about several weeks to entire months.

Earlier this year when I received a formal diagnosis of bipolar disorder after a serious manic episode my doctor thought my use of medical marijuana could have contributed to the conception of this episode. Late last year, when I was smoking heavily I was doing so because my home situation and life had become unbearable. Weed was my savior. It effectively transported me out of my struggles and far away from my pain.

I don't completely buy my doctor's assertion that weed may have led up to my episode. I need an escape. Valium doesn't cut it, antipsychotics don't cut it, either.

What do you think? Should I go back to weed, or should I keep suffering endlessly?

Iwant2sleepforever

Iwant2sleepforever

Experienced
Sep 8, 2018
I say try it and see the results, if it helps with your moods then keep using it if not then stop. Personally weed doesn't really change anything about my depression, it's just a fun activity for me, nothing more nothing less.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
M

Morning Angel

Useless Broken Wings
Aug 8, 2018
I've heard weed does set off manic episodes in people with bipolar disorder, from psychiatry reports. Then again, fuck psychiatrists because they would rather give you brain damage with their psych meds than provide you with a holistic option. Just be honest and self aware about how marijuana affects your mood, relationships, and functioning - you could potentially benefit from certain forms of CBD oil, if you don't want to smoke it.

M

Miss clefable

Enlightened
Aug 23, 2018
I've heard weed does set off manic episodes in people with bipolar disorder, from psychiatry reports. Then again, fuck psychiatrists because they would rather give you brain damage with their psych meds than provide you with a holistic option. Just be honest and self aware about how marijuana affects your mood, relationships, and functioning - you could potentially benefit from certain forms of CBD oil, if you don't want to smoke it.
Omg I'm bipolar

Mikulal1995

Mikulal1995

A bipolar, depressive mess.
Jul 15, 2018

I like this point of view. Fuck psychiatrists with their brutal "medications" that cause brain damage in the long run. I don't want to end up with an encephalopathy thanks to antipsychotics.

BurningLights

BurningLights

He killed himself with his own mind
Jul 2, 2018
Weed basically saved me, its been a double edged sword my whole life, but at my worst it bought me out of my obsessive depressive thoughts. Give it a go, find a nice indica or high cbd strain.

Normally I would say if its messing with your mental health then stay away, it messed with mine and that's why I'm here, but at the end of the day, if it brings a break in the depressive thoughts, then why not.