• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

H

heysunshine

Feb 27, 2024
This is a long one. I am so sorry, but I need some advice. Sorry if this message is TMI or weird or cringy, I just don't know who to turn to or how to proceed. I don't know what I'm searching for. I guess seeing if this is common for those who still follow through.

Ordered my SN a couple days ago. I have been *actively* sourcing and planning CTB for a couple months. I have been suicidal this round for a full year or two. However, before that I was depressed, anxious, and self-harmed for years.

Up until I ordered the SN, I was experiencing the most control, excitement, and purpose that I have felt in years. It felt good to plan CTB. It felt right. It felt like I would finally make my mental and physical pain stop, but I ran into some trouble. Like, immediately after ordering, I had a rush of anxiety and panic. I suddenly felt stupid. I felt weak, and pathetic. I felt not good enough to CTB. Like my feelings up until then were stupid. It's so weird, because these feelings are so constant, overwhelming, and huge that I have known a long time I couldn't last much longer. Aging and degenerating even further gives me the worst feeling of dread. I'm a female, just turned 30. I feel too young to be as trapped by my body as I am, but also too old to fit in to the world, somehow. I have physical and mental health problems, but once I ordered my sn, they suddenly felt small compared to so many who have terminal illnesses, or homeless, or are being regularly abused. It made me wonder if this means I'm doing something wrong. I'm obsessive, and I frequently worry about hurting whatever energy/soul/whatever there might be somehow by feeling anxious as I CTB. Then I think that, no matter what I do, I would be overly anxious and panicked when I CTB. Then I flop back, and I worry that my self-doubt means I can't do it, or that it means I'm making a mistake.

I do have chronic illness, though it's a weird combination. I have PCOS, Severe Hiperhidrosis, OCD, Anxiety, Panic Disorder, Depression, and ptsd. People don't understand the shittiness of it. I will admit explaining hiperhidrosis to people is a weird one that I have to work at every single moment of every day to hide, but essentially: Imagine waking up after a bad, hot, sweaty night of nightmares and stress. You know the sweat rolling over your skin / soaked clothes / soaked mattress thing? Imagine that, but all the time. Every day. No matter what. No matter where. No matter why. Prescription antiperspirant doesn't work. Padding, sweatshields, nothing works. I look like I just ran a marathon, and I will be eating cheerios. I sweat sitting on the couch; I sweat into the cushions! I'm sweating as I type this. I'm disgusting and I hate myself. I was schooled in teaching, but (maybe this is because I'm female) there's only so many times you can sweat through your clothes and have students ask if you've peed yourself, or if you were just in the pool or at the gym before you begin to realize you can't hide it anymore. I have been dealing with this since childhood, which really impacted my high school years and mental health. It's just getting worse. I have tried various methods. Short of scraping my sweat glands from my entire body what can I do? And I'm not even advised to do that! I am sensitive and my skin scars easily and very badly. I have keloids all over my chest and back arms. They can't really be removed. They hurt. All the time, every day. Surgery just means more scars. They get bigger and bigger, and hurt more and more. I've done everything within my money and power, but there's nothing to do to actually fix the problem. Ever.

My PCOS comes with (outside of any possible fertility trouble, which, don't get me started on having children in this world) the lovely addition of fucking with / losing my once very beautiful, curly hair on my head, and having it replaced with dark, thick facial hair on my face that won't stop. I've been mowing it down since higschool, but once I hit 25, it became a full-on man's beard texture and appearance (if I don't cut it). I have to shave it every day. It's still visible though. Plucking leads to scarring, which… as I said… Combating it professionally consists of lasers/electrolysis (which I am NOT supposed to do because, again, I scar much too easily, and my doctor says that Facial Keloids are super hard to deal with and hide and honestly it would just make my self-esteem -if there is any- even worse) That leaves me with medication… . More medicine forever? Sounds great doc. Pile it on. Better take it before I lose all semblance of femininity. Oh, it doesn't work either? WOW. And it even may be making my problem worse? Oh, but I can't stop, because then I'll be right back at the start, or make it worse. RIGHT-O!

My mental ailments are not always visible, but so debilitating. OCD has crippled me. I feel like a shell of a person. I can't hold down a job because of the combination of physical and mental nonsense I have going on. Every day is constant self-doubt, anxiety, intrusive thoughts and depression. I don't enjoy anything anymore. Nothing feels good or real. Not even my marriage, which is the worst part of all. The fact that my own brain is using my worst fears to sabotage my marriage to a very nice and decent person breaks my heart. Because it won't fucking stop. It never stops. I don't see a way to actually find relief by waiting. I just want to be sure. I want to feel secure in my life, my choices, and self, but I haven't felt way in forever, if I ever actually did at all.

Like… is my fear of actually CTB an intrusive thought? It's giving me all sorts of panic now that it NEVER did before. I have one voice saying, just do it. Just do it! Like a dare, or before a speech you know you have to just get over and present at school, or maybe it's more like what kids experience on their first theme park ride. They want to. Soooooo bad. But at the same time, they want to run away. They're terrified and can't imagine it. It's impossible. They surely can't be one about to go on the ride. But deep down, they know if they are brave, if they take that step, there might be a whole world of change. But it's scary to take the step. Because what if you're wrong? What if you feel pain? What if you go and it makes your loved ones feel pain, the way you felt? What if you destroy them? What if you leave them alone and break their heart?

I can't stand the thought of my husband finding me. I have thoughts that, if we weren't together, I would have no worries or doubts. I fear that I'm pushing him away to get that result, so that I can actually follow through with CTB. I don't want that though. I'm afraid that if I let myself, I will feel so much guilt for leaving him, especially if it turns out I fail CTB. I don't want him to be sad. I want to support him like he tried to support me. But it's so hard. I want him with me when I CTB, but I would never never tell him. I would never want him implicated in that.
It would be easier if I was alone in the world. All I have is him. I don't really speak to any family, don't really have friends. I wouldn't care to hurry up and ctb, because the world sucks. I don't see my place in it as an 30yo female with so many physical and mental problems. I literally can't find a way to fit in anymore.

But my brain is freaking out. I hate this. I hate feeling afraid to CTB. I want to be brave. I want to feel nothing about it except ready. I want to push through. But I want to be sure. Having OCD, I'm afraid I will never be sure. Ever. And that's so hard. Because what if this is my chance to ctb, but I wait and wait to try and see if I can finally be fully comfortable, and it's for nothing? What if I CTB, and I make a mistake that somehow affects me cosmically/energetically?

What is "good enough" for CTB? Is this just my brain finding a way not to follow through?
I don't want to fail. At life or CTB.

Does anyone ever feel like they're life is on hard mode or something? I feel like that every day. Like, when I see other people it seems like life is sort of straight forward and easy for them. I'm always so jealous. I immediately (I know it's generalizing, but these aren't healthy normal people thoughts) think things like: I bet they don't feel such overwhelming anxiety that they can't imagine a future. I bet they don't worry about sweating through two sweatshirts and their jeans in the middle of this snowstorm. I bet they can go to the store without layering up and checking for their girl-beard stubble. I bet they (females) don't have razor burn on their chin from shaving every day. I bet they can look their partner in the eye without feeling like a hairy, grotesque, sexless hag that suddenly emerged from a swamp. I bet their mind isn't rolling through every single possible terrible thing that could happen 24/7. I bet they get to wake up and not immediately wish they could disappear. I bet it's nice to hold down a job and not worry constantly about your appearance and freaking people out with your OCD/Anxiety/Depressive states. It must be amazing to be able to support yourself and feel like you have any ounce of esteem. How do they do it? I think maybe in my mid-20's I used to like myself. I had a career, I travelled, was excited, but it was fleeting, and now it's completely gone. I don't think it will ever come back.

I feel like my body is actively losing some universal fight. Has been since I was a kid. Like am I defective? I see so many people and I wonder how it would be to just have 1 or 2 of my issues. Or just half, maybe just the physical problems and no mental ones. Or the other way? How can I have so much going on? It's so hard to me.

My partner and I have been having a really hard time. Money, depression, communication, you name it. The past couple of years I hit my wall. Nothing will change. I cry and scream and complain and nothing changes. He's gone working. I'm alone with my mental and physical illness telling me how worthless I am. Our futures, which used to align, seem to have split. He wants something that I don't know I can provide. I want something that he doesn't want anymore. I still love him. Remembered how much I love him once I ordered my SN. But my illnesses will never go away. I feel like a burden. I can hardly muster the effort to care for myself, let alone our apartment. I can't function in work. I haven't made any friends in adulthood, don't even really know how. I hate looking at myself. I hate my body and my place in the world. I feel like even achieving whatever life goals I try, it will be empty. What's the point? Why am I here? Why am I broken? Why don't I love myself? Why don't I love the world? Why don't I even want to? Because I don't... I want it gone...

I don't want to continue like this. I hate myself. I don't like the world. Even if I could fix everything now, the prospect of aging, living in this world is so disgusting to me. I don't want to grow older, uglier, weaker. I don't want to hate myself more and more with every passing year. I don't want to be constantly worried, or anxious, or avoiding the world because of how disgusted I am with myself. I hate worrying about my future. About being alone and old. About having no one.

I wish all the time that the world would just implode. We would all disappear and I wouldn't have to be one to do it to myself. I was so ready. I was so so ready. I had my plan. I know my steps. But once I ordered my SN, I began to feel anxious. It suddenly felt like not enough.

And I HATE that.

Because it is. It was.

But I'm afraid to? Afraid of regret, maybe? Or just discomfort, idk… I hate these feelings. I hate these thoughts. I just want to go back to the excitement of planning. I hate feeling afraid. I want to follow through, but I'm afraid of being afraid, if that makes sense?

Look - I have OCD. Obsessing, intrusive thoughts, and ruminating are constant, and very hard work for me. I have so much self-doubt, I hardly know what I feel or am anymore. And it's weird, because I've had intrusive thoughts. I have them every day. For me, CTB is NOT the intrusive thought. Or, at least it wasn't until I started being afraid / doubting. It's a relief. The intrusive thoughts are the ones that make me afraid, panicky and tell me that I'm not brave enough—will never be brave enough-- to actually go through with CTB.

Right?

See, I hate this. I hate not being able to just follow through and make a decision. I hate feeling doubt because I thought I would finally go forward.

I want so badly for the guilt and anxiety to go away. I want to be at peace. I want to feel the absolute relief and happiness I did leading up to actually ordering my supplies. I don't want to fail in CTB. I don't want not go through with it.

But now, instead of joy, I'm afraid. I'm so afraid and I don't know what that means, or if it's even really what I feel, or it's just SI. Idk. I want to be told that this is normal and to just keep going, that it will fade away with time. I'm scared that it won't though and that I will just keep dragging this out. I'm scared of freaking myself out of it.

Sorry for the long post. It's like a damn ping-pong match in my brain. I want someone to take the choice away, but they can't. I need advice. Idk what's going on. Is this SI at work? Or something else?

Geengezondementalit

Geengezondementalit

Jan 29, 2024
I very much understand the excitement of planning and having a purpose! Hugs
You are so hard on yourself. It's easier for an outsider to be like Geez you are so hard on yourself.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: heysunshine
Luchi

Luchi

Feb 24, 2023
This is a long one. I am so sorry, but I need some advice. Sorry if this message is TMI or weird or cringy, I just don't know who to turn to or how to proceed. I don't know what I'm searching for. I guess seeing if this is common for those who still follow through.

Ordered my SN a couple days ago. I have been *actively* sourcing and planning CTB for a couple months. I have been suicidal this round for a full year or two. However, before that I was depressed, anxious, and self-harmed for years.

Up until I ordered the SN, I was experiencing the most control, excitement, and purpose that I have felt in years. It felt good to plan CTB. It felt right. It felt like I would finally make my mental and physical pain stop, but I ran into some trouble. Like, immediately after ordering, I had a rush of anxiety and panic. I suddenly felt stupid. I felt weak, and pathetic. I felt not good enough to CTB. Like my feelings up until then were stupid. It's so weird, because these feelings are so constant, overwhelming, and huge that I have known a long time I couldn't last much longer. Aging and degenerating even further gives me the worst feeling of dread. I'm a female, just turned 30. I feel too young to be as trapped by my body as I am, but also too old to fit in to the world, somehow. I have physical and mental health problems, but once I ordered my sn, they suddenly felt small compared to so many who have terminal illnesses, or homeless, or are being regularly abused. It made me wonder if this means I'm doing something wrong. I'm obsessive, and I frequently worry about hurting whatever energy/soul/whatever there might be somehow by feeling anxious as I CTB. Then I think that, no matter what I do, I would be overly anxious and panicked when I CTB. Then I flop back, and I worry that my self-doubt means I can't do it, or that it means I'm making a mistake.

I do have chronic illness, though it's a weird combination. I have PCOS, Severe Hiperhidrosis, OCD, Anxiety, Panic Disorder, Depression, and ptsd. People don't understand the shittiness of it. I will admit explaining hiperhidrosis to people is a weird one that I have to work at every single moment of every day to hide, but essentially: Imagine waking up after a bad, hot, sweaty night of nightmares and stress. You know the sweat rolling over your skin / soaked clothes / soaked mattress thing? Imagine that, but all the time. Every day. No matter what. No matter where. No matter why. Prescription antiperspirant doesn't work. Padding, sweatshields, nothing works. I look like I just ran a marathon, and I will be eating cheerios. I sweat sitting on the couch; I sweat into the cushions! I'm sweating as I type this. I'm disgusting and I hate myself. I was schooled in teaching, but (maybe this is because I'm female) there's only so many times you can sweat through your clothes and have students ask if you've peed yourself, or if you were just in the pool or at the gym before you begin to realize you can't hide it anymore. I have been dealing with this since childhood, which really impacted my high school years and mental health. It's just getting worse. I have tried various methods. Short of scraping my sweat glands from my entire body what can I do? And I'm not even advised to do that! I am sensitive and my skin scars easily and very badly. I have keloids all over my chest and back arms. They can't really be removed. They hurt. All the time, every day. Surgery just means more scars. They get bigger and bigger, and hurt more and more. I've done everything within my money and power, but there's nothing to do to actually fix the problem. Ever.

My PCOS comes with (outside of any possible fertility trouble, which, don't get me started on having children in this world) the lovely addition of fucking with / losing my once very beautiful, curly hair on my head, and having it replaced with dark, thick facial hair on my face that won't stop. I've been mowing it down since higschool, but once I hit 25, it became a full-on man's beard texture and appearance (if I don't cut it). I have to shave it every day. It's still visible though. Plucking leads to scarring, which… as I said… Combating it professionally consists of lasers/electrolysis (which I am NOT supposed to do because, again, I scar much too easily, and my doctor says that Facial Keloids are super hard to deal with and hide and honestly it would just make my self-esteem -if there is any- even worse) That leaves me with medication… . More medicine forever? Sounds great doc. Pile it on. Better take it before I lose all semblance of femininity. Oh, it doesn't work either? WOW. And it even may be making my problem worse? Oh, but I can't stop, because then I'll be right back at the start, or make it worse. RIGHT-O!

My mental ailments are not always visible, but so debilitating. OCD has crippled me. I feel like a shell of a person. I can't hold down a job because of the combination of physical and mental nonsense I have going on. Every day is constant self-doubt, anxiety, intrusive thoughts and depression. I don't enjoy anything anymore. Nothing feels good or real. Not even my marriage, which is the worst part of all. The fact that my own brain is using my worst fears to sabotage my marriage to a very nice and decent person breaks my heart. Because it won't fucking stop. It never stops. I don't see a way to actually find relief by waiting. I just want to be sure. I want to feel secure in my life, my choices, and self, but I haven't felt way in forever, if I ever actually did at all.

Like… is my fear of actually CTB an intrusive thought? It's giving me all sorts of panic now that it NEVER did before. I have one voice saying, just do it. Just do it! Like a dare, or before a speech you know you have to just get over and present at school, or maybe it's more like what kids experience on their first theme park ride. They want to. Soooooo bad. But at the same time, they want to run away. They're terrified and can't imagine it. It's impossible. They surely can't be one about to go on the ride. But deep down, they know if they are brave, if they take that step, there might be a whole world of change. But it's scary to take the step. Because what if you're wrong? What if you feel pain? What if you go and it makes your loved ones feel pain, the way you felt? What if you destroy them? What if you leave them alone and break their heart?

I can't stand the thought of my husband finding me. I have thoughts that, if we weren't together, I would have no worries or doubts. I fear that I'm pushing him away to get that result, so that I can actually follow through with CTB. I don't want that though. I'm afraid that if I let myself, I will feel so much guilt for leaving him, especially if it turns out I fail CTB. I don't want him to be sad. I want to support him like he tried to support me. But it's so hard. I want him with me when I CTB, but I would never never tell him. I would never want him implicated in that.
It would be easier if I was alone in the world. All I have is him. I don't really speak to any family, don't really have friends. I wouldn't care to hurry up and ctb, because the world sucks. I don't see my place in it as an 30yo female with so many physical and mental problems. I literally can't find a way to fit in anymore.

But my brain is freaking out. I hate this. I hate feeling afraid to CTB. I want to be brave. I want to feel nothing about it except ready. I want to push through. But I want to be sure. Having OCD, I'm afraid I will never be sure. Ever. And that's so hard. Because what if this is my chance to ctb, but I wait and wait to try and see if I can finally be fully comfortable, and it's for nothing? What if I CTB, and I make a mistake that somehow affects me cosmically/energetically?

What is "good enough" for CTB? Is this just my brain finding a way not to follow through?

Does anyone ever feel like they're life is on hard mode or something? I feel like that every day. Like, when I see other people it seems like life is sort of straight forward and easy for them. I'm always so jealous. I immediately (I know it's generalizing, but these aren't healthy normal people thoughts) think things like: I bet they don't feel such overwhelming anxiety that they can't imagine a future. I bet they don't worry about sweating through two sweatshirts and their jeans in the middle of this snowstorm. I bet they can go to the store without layering up and checking for their girl-beard stubble. I bet they (females) don't have razor burn on their chin from shaving every day. I bet they can look their partner in the eye without feeling like a hairy, grotesque, sexless hag that suddenly emerged from a swamp. I bet their mind isn't rolling through every single possible terrible thing that could happen 24/7. I bet they get to wake up and not immediately wish they could disappear. I bet it's nice to hold down a job and not worry constantly about your appearance and freaking people out with your OCD/Anxiety/Depressive states. It must be amazing to be able to support yourself and feel like you have any ounce of esteem. How do they do it? I think maybe in my mid-20's I used to like myself. I had a career, I travelled, was excited, but it was fleeting, and now it's completely gone. I don't think it will ever come back.

I feel like my body is actively losing some universal fight. Has been since I was a kid. Like am I defective? I see so many people and I wonder how it would be to just have 1 or 2 of my issues. Or just half, maybe just the physical problems and no mental ones. Or the other way? How can I have so much going on? It's so hard to me.

My partner and I have been having a really hard time. Money, depression, communication, you name it. The past couple of years I hit my wall. Nothing will change. I cry and scream and complain and nothing changes. He's gone working. I'm alone with my mental and physical illness telling me how worthless I am. Our futures, which used to align, seem to have split. He wants something that I don't know I can provide. I want something that he doesn't want anymore. I still love him. Remembered how much I love him once I ordered my SN. But my illnesses will never go away. I feel like a burden. I can hardly muster the effort to care for myself, let alone our apartment. I can't function in work. I haven't made any friends in adulthood, don't even really know how. I hate looking at myself. I hate my body and my place in the world. I feel like even achieving whatever life goals I try, it will be empty. What's the point? Why am I here? Why am I broken? Why don't I love myself? Why don't I love the world? Why don't I even want to? Because I don't... I want it gone...

I don't want to continue like this. I hate myself. I don't like the world. Even if I could fix everything now, the prospect of aging, living in this world is so disgusting to me. I don't want to grow older, uglier, weaker. I don't want to hate myself more and more with every passing year. I don't want to be constantly worried, or anxious, or avoiding the world because of how disgusted I am with myself. I hate worrying about my future. About being alone and old. About having no one.

I wish all the time that the world would just implode. We would all disappear and I wouldn't have to be one to do it to myself. I was so ready. I was so so ready. I had my plan. I know my steps. But once I ordered my SN, I began to feel anxious. It suddenly felt like not enough.

And I HATE that.

Because it is. It was.

But I'm afraid to? Afraid of regret, maybe? Or just discomfort, idk… I hate these feelings. I hate these thoughts. I just want to go back to the excitement of planning. I hate feeling afraid. I want to follow through, but I'm afraid of being afraid, if that makes sense?

Look - I have OCD. Obsessing, intrusive thoughts, and ruminating are constant, and very hard work for me. I have so much self-doubt, I hardly know what I feel or am anymore. And it's weird, because I've had intrusive thoughts. I have them every day. For me, CTB is NOT the intrusive thought. Or, at least it wasn't until I started being afraid / doubting. It's a relief. The intrusive thoughts are the ones that make me afraid, panicky and tell me that I'm not brave enough—will never be brave enough-- to actually go through with CTB.

Right?

See, I hate this. I hate not being able to just follow through and make a decision. I hate feeling doubt because I thought I would finally go forward.

I want so badly for the guilt and anxiety to go away. I want to be at peace. I want to feel the absolute relief and happiness I did leading up to actually ordering my supplies. I don't want to fail in CTB. I don't want not go through with it.

But now, instead of joy, I'm afraid. I'm so afraid and I don't know what that means, or if it's even really what I feel, or it's just SI. Idk. I want to be told that this is normal and to just keep going, that it will fade away with time. I'm scared that it won't though and that I will just keep dragging this out. I'm scared of freaking myself out of it.

Sorry for the long post. It's like a damn ping-pong match in my brain. I want someone to take the choice away, but they can't. I need advice. Idk what's going on. Is this SI at work? Or something else?
it's unfortunately i think hard wired in us to be afraid of suicide even when we so desperately want it. it doesn't mean you're to weak to do it, I think it's just our brains one last ditch effort to make us miserable. I've been on/off actively/ passively suicidal pretty much since i was a kid. I've only ever gotten to "almost went through with it", even though the planning always makes me feel happy and in control again. i can't even imagine living with the stuff you're going through 🫂 it sounds awful and i understand why you'd want to go. i wish peace for you, how ever that entails

• Love
restless.dreams

restless.dreams

Member (she/her)
Feb 7, 2024
I wish I could say something to take your pain away, but sadly I don't have the answers. My SN was just delivered, and I'm also wrestling with feelings of guilt and indecision.

Your struggles are real and they sound incredibly hard. I can't imagine even a fraction of what you've had to go through. As women we're judged so much by our bodies, and all that on top of severe OCD sounds very hard to live with.

I'm not planning to CTB until I feel completely sure and at peace with my decision, however long that might take. It sounds like you have time. You don't have to take the SN right away. Maybe you could tell your husband a little of how you're feeling? (Not necessarily the CTB part.) Or maybe just do something fun to take your mind off things for a while?

Either way, I wish you the best and I hope you are able to find some peace with your decision <3

• Love
bte

bte

Sep 9, 2023

And I HATE that.

Because it is. It was.

Right?

Even when we know what we want, it's still scary as heck as we get closer. Best wishes to you!

• Love
H

heysunshine

Feb 27, 2024
I very much understand the excitement of planning and having a purpose! Hugs
You are so hard on yourself. It's easier for an outsider to be like Geez you are so hard on yourself.
How funny, because I feel like I'm not hard enough on myself? Whenever I feel anything or tell my side, I feel like I'm somehow a liar, or dramatic, or just not seeing things the right way. I think that's OCD though, trying to make me question my feelings. Ugh. But thank you so much for saying so. It's actually nice to hear that someone thinks I should ease up on myself. <3
it's unfortunately i think hard wired in us to be afraid of suicide even when we so desperately want it. it doesn't mean you're to weak to do it, I think it's just our brains one last ditch effort to make us miserable. I've been on/off actively/ passively suicidal pretty much since i was a kid. I've only ever gotten to "almost went through with it", even though the planning always makes me feel happy and in control again. i can't even imagine living with the stuff you're going through 🫂 it sounds awful and i understand why you'd want to go. i wish peace for you, how ever that entails
Thank you so much for your understanding and support. It's good to hear that this is a typical brain tantrum. I love feeling in control, and I want my brain to come back to terms with what would probably be best for me. I also wish you peace and love as you navigate your path. <3

Last edited:
FrozenPond

FrozenPond

Mar 1, 2024
In my experience (CTB wishes for the last 8 years) sometimes there are very specific reasons you aren't ready. Maybe something in life needs to be settled before you can feel free to move forward. Maybe a will isn't setup right or something else needs to be attended to. I've never felt more ready than I do now, but I struggled as you are for years and found it very frustrating.

• Love
H

heysunshine

Feb 27, 2024
I wish I could say something to take your pain away, but sadly I don't have the answers. My SN was just delivered, and I'm also wrestling with feelings of guilt and indecision.

Your struggles are real and they sound incredibly hard. I can't imagine even a fraction of what you've had to go through. As women we're judged so much by our bodies, and all that on top of severe OCD sounds very hard to live with.

I'm not planning to CTB until I feel completely sure and at peace with my decision, however long that might take. It sounds like you have time. You don't have to take the SN right away. Maybe you could tell your husband a little of how you're feeling? (Not necessarily the CTB part.) Or maybe just do something fun to take your mind off things for a while?

Either way, I wish you the best and I hope you are able to find some peace with your decision <3
Being a woman can feel like such a hard and thankless task. I'm supposed to be all of these things, do all these things, AND be pretty enough for everyone else (regardless of their appearance) to consider me useful. I feel like I don't have a use anymore. That I'm dragging my husband and self down by existing. I pity my spouse that he has to be with me. I've talked to him about most of what I feel, but there isn't much he can say other than he will love me regardless of my appearance. However, how likely is that? As I get older, I'll just become irrelevant, weaker, and uglier. If I'm already that way now, how will I cope in future? If I feel alone now, what's the likelihood of establishing some miraculous friend group where I'm actually supported and people want to be around me, instead of being used for filler when people's plans fall through or as the butt of every joke? I don't know if maybe this would change, but even if it did, it feels empty. I feel broken. I've told my husband. He's worried. He knows I'm not alright. But what can he do? He has to work for us. He has his own troubles as well. It's so hard. Thank you so much for your thoughtful response. I think I also will try to wait and allow myself to approach CTB a little more peacefully. Maybe give myself permission to follow through when I feel like it's a good time instead of trying to immediately jump ship. I think I saw someone mention that somewhere, and your response reminded me of that. Thank you. <3
Even when we know what we want, it's still scary as heck as we get closer. Best wishes to you!
This is exactly right. It's like an approaching exam or something. Like..... I know if I just hurry up and take it, then I'm ready for summer break and sunshine and fun! However, it's so hard to actually make yourself take the test. Lol and I thought "studying" (preparing/sourcing/researching ctb) would be the hard part. It's the damn test you have to watch out for lol. I wish you the best as well <3
In my experience (CTB wishes for the last 8 years) sometimes there are very specific reasons you aren't ready. Maybe something in life needs to be settled before you can feel free to move forward. Maybe a will isn't setup right or something else needs to be attended to. I've never felt more ready than I do now, but I struggled as you are for years and found it very frustrating.
I do believe you have a wonderful point here. There are a couple of things I still have to finish up. With that said, I feel like my husband and guilt over the way it would affect him is my major hold up. That and my pets (that may be silly, but my doggy is the best boy) and I would hate for them to feel like I abandoned them or didn't love them enough. It really hurts me to imagine my husbands response to all this. Without him, I don't think I would care. I would be scared in the sense that it's hard to ctb and commit, but without him I would not have the tie to continue living that I have. I guess it's guilt, then? But there's only so long I can exist for someone else. I'm not happy. I don't see the point of anything.

I guess I have to hit a deeper bottom (ughh is there deeper than this? fuck) to finally release my tie to him? And/Or I have to be determined enough to know I will cause him pain and do it anyway. Idk. But thank you for your response, it really clarifies some things.

Last edited:
restless.dreams

restless.dreams

Member (she/her)
Feb 7, 2024
I feel like my husband and guilt over the way it would affect him is my major hold up. That and my pets (that may be silly, but my doggy is the best boy) and I would hate for them to feel like I abandoned them or didn't love them enough.
That's completely understandable. I feel a lot of guilt over leaving my family and my cats, and that's the main reason I'm still here.

Give your doggy all the love for me <3

• Love
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
I couldn't read the whole post as my attention span wonders after a paragraph.

However, I would say that suicide is literally the most unnatural thing and is always a last resort. People need to stop using terms like CTB failure, coward etc.

Until we are fully ready, the SI will always stop us from carrying out the final act.

When you are ready, you will be ready.

• Love
Goku Black

Goku Black

Global Mod
Jun 5, 2023
Until we are fully ready, the SI will always stop us from carrying out the final act.
You do know that si is fundamentally the basic evolutionary trait towards survival, to override this is not a matter of knowing when you're ready but having the will to override this natural defense mechanism. It's not a matter of time, it's a matter of being subject to your will over that of your brains survival instinct. I don't think it's as straightforward as you put it.

Last edited:
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
You do know that si is fundamentally the basic evolutionary trait towards survival, to override this is not a matter of knowing when you're ready but having the will to override this natural defense mechanism. It's not a matter of time, it's a matter of being subject to your will over that of your brains survival instinct. I don't think it's as straightforward as you put it.
Us and our brains are one and the same. Once we are ready, will will finally be free and CTB.

H

heysunshine

Feb 27, 2024
Us and our brains are one and the same. Once we are ready, will will finally be free and CTB.
I honestly hope that my will and my brain aren't the same. As someone with intrusive thoughts, separating one's true desires from what the brain says it does/could want is difficult. Things don't seem real or certain for me, like... ever. I don't really ever trust my choices or feel at peace with a decision about anything. So I really hope that they aren't as tied at that. I want to ctb. My brain says no. I hope I get to make the choice myself. I hope to reach a moment where I am 100% ready. However, i fear that my mental illnesses will make that impossible no matter what I do. idk what to think or do though, that's just me.

A

Argo

Specialist
May 19, 2018
Well I read the whole post, and I'm sorry that things feel like such a constant uphill battle. I think most people here relate to that, I do.

I think you're close to some useful realization here:
Having OCD, I'm afraid I will never be sure. Ever. And that's so hard.

Is the sort of certainty you want even available for anyone? It has to be hard when you're just constantly attacked by the same loop of thoughts over and over, but at least part of the solution has to be realizing the things which you just can't be sure of, and then from there realizing that there's really only one move: ceasing to struggle with the things that have no real use to them other than seemingly to torture you. That's going to be true/useful regardless what you do next, no?

Imagine someone being in a prison cell they can't escape from, yet constantly bashing their head into the bars in protest. It just doesn't do anything but cause extra pain. It's stopped by realizing that particular fight, is not actually a fight. The moment that realization happens, the bashing into the bars stops, and the pain stops.

xmissellax

xmissellax

Need My Peace
Feb 25, 2024
I read your whole post and wow I have never read anything more relatable. I have autism, highly suspect OCD, endometriosis, hEDS, chronic fatigue, chronic depression and anxiety. It sucks. The ruminating, the constantly doubting every single decision, almost being lost in a haze trying to dissect and process every little thing and possible outcome. It's exhausting being in our brains, things feel like they will never get better. I am absolutely determined to CTB.

I've also pushed my loved ones away so I can finally go. It sucks and it hurts but they would never let me leave this hell otherwise. I don't want to stay here suffering anymore for other peoples sake, it's too much.

I don't know how I'm going to feel once I do it but I want to.

luneylonegirl

luneylonegirl

Lonely betrayed girl ready to die
Jan 31, 2024
I think you just too overwhelmed for everything. But, yes, it's SI. Everytime i tried to checkout or pay SN, i cried. I think you need to calm down first. Because when the SN arrived to your hand, it will became so real.

restless.dreams

restless.dreams

Member (she/her)
Feb 7, 2024
@heysunshine Have you been able to find any more clarity? Maybe it will feel different when the SN arrives. Thinking about you <3

• Love
H

heysunshine

Feb 27, 2024
@heysunshine Have you been able to find any more clarity? Maybe it will feel different when the SN arrives. Thinking about you <3
I really appreciate that <3 Thank you for your message! As for clarity, hmm...

My sn did arrive, and it was very exciting for me! However, my first tests for the quality were disappointing. This seems weird considering i ordered within the country from a chemical supplier. It looks like it should, has little clumps and all, but when it arrived it was in a bag that was airtight, but that had air inside; not vacuumed out. Idk if that affects the quality, or maybe because I didn't use distilled water during the tests, just regular, maybe that makes things a little inaccurate? idk, but seeing the results were a little lower than i wanted was very disappointing. I realized how badly i am hoping for it to work out. Even if i ultimately do not go through with it, the idea of it being there is a really huge comfort.

I'm also realizing how much I have pulled away from the rest of my life. Every day / interaction / problem is met with the thought that it doesn't really matter. I'm going to ctb. Which is great, but sad when it comes to my husband. I didn't realize I was doing it, but he caught on to some weird comments of mine about how he should do things if I am ever gone. About how to find things, access accounts, and about being careful if he ever dates again. He froze up yesterday and stared at me and asked "where are you going?" Later on, I made a comment about a staged suicide in a documentary we were watching and he said "don't do that, please." It kills me. I feel like i have a big, giant secret that I want to tell my partner, but I couldn't hurt him that way. But i think he knows it, that something is really wrong and I'm not alright. I don't seem to be able to get worked up about things that used to worry or excite me. I've told him that I am very depressed, anxious, and don't see a point to anything. In the past week or so, he's started to show up back at home at random times. He used to tell me when he left work or if he got out early, but now he likes to surprise me. He tries to make me go out with him places all the time. I think it's a way of checking and making sure I'm alive still. The day I tried to do my sn test, he didn't go to work at all. How could he tell? I sometimes wonder if he's on the site too, or looks at my posts. But he would never snoop, I don't think, but who knows. Maybe it's just from living together so long that we know each other's usual patterns, and mine are weird atm.

In general, I feel like i have somehow given up, or let go of something that i didn't realize I was carrying, but I'm not really sure what it is yet. It might just be me settling into the idea of ctb. All I really think about is ctb, and hoping it goes the way i want. I still feel anxious about being anxious when it's time. I'm afraid of what may come after. I feel compelled to wait for 'the perfect moment' of feeling completely at peace/no anxiety, but idk if that is really feasible. Truthfully the idea of somehow being punished by either not finding peace in death, or waking up and failing to ctb is the most terrifying. I still want the guarantee of success, peace, and to feel completely ready and deserving, but I am feeling less and less like I will actually achieve that. I guess I will eventually become desperate enough to look past the anxiety. I guess I will have to wait until then, or set a date and just stick to it. Right now though, I'm trying to relax and settle into the idea. There's no rush, so I can take my time and give myself permission to ctb once I finally have had enough.

Is it weird to be excited by having had enough? I have a lot of thoughts about trying to just run away from everything and everyone in my life, going into the desert and letting myself die alone. Maybe people will think I just ran away and won't even know I died. Sometimes I feel like I would rather my husband be angry with me than feel hurt by my abandoning him. I'm waiting and ready for the day it's too much. I hate the idea of wishing bad onto myself, but I guess I just want to express that I am eager to feel completely "at peace" and feel deserving and ready to ctb. I'm excited to see what comes next, even if it's nothing. But scared too (thanks religious upbringing😫).

Thank you so much for asking :) I hope you are doing well restless, and that your day is filled with love and peace.

• Hugs
Reactions: restless.dreams
restless.dreams

restless.dreams

Member (she/her)
Feb 7, 2024
Good to hear from you sunshine! Just got up to enjoy a cup of tea and watch the rain fall outside my window. It's funny how I seem to notice the little things more, these days :)

I'm glad your SN arrived safely! I don't think the air in the bag would affect it too much, but maybe using tap water could change the results of the test? I'm no chemist though, it was my worst subject in school haha. Are you able to test it again with distilled water?

It sounds like your husband probably noticed a change in your behavior and is worried about you. It's so hard to keep secrets from the people we love, it feels like leading a double life sometimes. I don't want to hurt my family, but maybe it's unavoidable. Right now I'm just taking it one day at a time and enjoying my time with them.

My dms are always open if you want to chat more! My cat just came over and curled up in my lap, sending you purrs and love <3

• Love
C

ConfusedClouds

Mar 9, 2024
This is one of the most relatable threads I've seen and a big reason for bringing me out of lurking to joining!

The mental confusion/stuck/frustration/conflicting thoughts/guilt/embarrasment sounds super familiar, thanks for putting your words to it all. Though I do not have the physical side of things, that sounds absolutely brutal to have to try to juggle too. I hope things become clearer for you soon, however that looks.

H

heysunshine

Feb 27, 2024
This is one of the most relatable threads I've seen and a big reason for bringing me out of lurking to joining!

The mental confusion/stuck/frustration/conflicting thoughts/guilt/embarrasment sounds super familiar, thanks for putting your words to it all. Though I do not have the physical side of things, that sounds absolutely brutal to have to try to juggle too. I hope things become clearer for you soon, however that looks.
i'm sorry that life has brought you here, but i'm glad that you felt that it was relatable. I didn't realize how many others feel similarly to me, and it's encouraging to know that there's people out there who understand and feel compassion and empathy for my situation instead of disgust or pity. thank you so much for taking the time to respond. I wish you best on your path :heart:

• Love
Reactions: ConfusedClouds