• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Laststop

Laststop

Experienced
Jul 9, 2019
I remember a saying I've heard in the movies. It's suppose to be gruff folksy wisdom. It goes, "Get busy living, or get busy dying." It's obviously an attempt to get the recipient to work hard to live a fulfilling life. But the alternative, "or get busy dying," makes me wonder: Do they mean give up and go through life where everyone takes it for granted you're not going to try at life? Or you think it means to kill yourself?

O

oopswronglife

Elementalist
Jun 27, 2019
Like most sayings its an overly simplified motivational soundbite. It is just trying to get people moving from the state of sitting still in their problems that we mostly do. It's not something you HAVE to do...and it's obviously not so simple. And yes the idea is you will "Get busy living" because that it seen as the proper way by the world. Nobody who says that is saying "ctb and get it over with then if you wont live". People like to say easy things to feel in control. The hard things to do are the ones we avoid.

woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
There is a major ethical? logical? flaw in saying 'get busy dying' as if managing the means of offing yourself is your responsibility. Nobody 'got busy getting born' so if they don't like the deal, society owes them a peaceful exit.

Most inequalities in life are not curable, they really are not. It is not possible or even desirable to create an alternate universe where everybody is equally good looking in the eyes of everyone else, equally intelligent, etc. But one thing absolutely has to be equal for everyone, the right to a peaceful exit.