• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
It looks like it has happened. The Supreme Court in the US decided to overturn Roe v. Wade and essentially ban abortion in approximately every red state instantly, thanks to implemented triggers laws in these states. There was a leaked document that confirmed the decision of the court months ago and I was very worried when I first read it. I'm shocked and surprised, I didn't think such a socially accepted right could suddenly become up to debate again. It's gonna reverse decades of progress for womens rights. It looks like only 4(!) years of Trump (he appointed these judges) already caused significant and long-lasting damage to the country. And it seems it's not gonna stop there. They will also go after LGBT rights next, I have no doubts about that. If abortion suddenly is debatable again, who knows what else is. Many states in the US are already imposing anti-LGBT laws left and right and it's only a matter of time until they try to make it federal and that's very possible depending on the outcome of the next few elections. They can retake the House, the Senate and the White House in 2024.

I thought I'd post this in off-topic first but considering these issues have real and scary implications for people and worst of all it's affects the most vulnerable people in society, I thought this thread is better suited for this subforum because I can only imagine the fear and anxiety that comes with such political developments which don't just challenge our most fundamental rights but also our existence. And if they come after LGBT rights next, I can only imagine that we will have new waves of members soon. I can't blame them. The US is turning into a very scary place very quickly. A minority of religious fundamentalists have taken over and they're imposing their theocratic fascist views on the people. This is a witch hunt against marginalized people and women, there is no doubt about that.

And this goes without saying: with these people in charge who want to impose their Christian ideology on everyone else the US will remain many more years without proper legal acknowledgement of the right to die. With the most recent developments I don't doubt that any chance to implement assisted suicide has been pushed back for decades and turned into a distant dream. This is a huge setback for everyone who wishes to live in a more progressive society centered around compassion and empathy - not division and hatred.

Last edited:
Lost in a Dream

Lost in a Dream

He/him - Metal head
Feb 22, 2020
It's like the US is on the path to becoming Saudi Arabia at this point. Things seemed to be going in the right direction only a few years ago, but not anymore. It's bullshit.

ImFine528

ImFine528

Jun 22, 2022
Thank you for posting this.
I, too, am struggling with the ways the US, a country I have been proud to call home, is going.
I am increasingly becoming more uncomfortable and unsafe walking around the streets of the US… and I already don't even feel safe with myself, so what's the fucking point of all this anyways?

C

ConstantPain

Sorry but cats are so much better than people
Jun 9, 2022
It looks like it has happened. The Supreme Court in the US decided to overturn Roe v. Wade and essentially ban abortion in approximately every red state instantly, thanks to implemented triggers laws in these states. There was a leaked document that confirmed the decision of the court months ago and I was very worried when I first read it. I'm shocked and surprised, I didn't think such a socially accepted right could suddenly become up to debate again. It's gonna reverse decades of progress for womens rights. It looks like only 4(!) years of Trump (he appointed these judges) already caused significant and long-lasting damage to the country. And it seems it's not gonna stop there. They will also go after LGBT rights next, I have no doubts about that. If abortion suddenly is debatable again, who knows what else is. Many states in the US are already imposing anti-LGBT laws left and right and it's only a matter of time until they try to make it federal and that's very possible depending on the outcome of the next few elections. They can retake the House, the Senate and the White House in 2024.

I thought I'd post this in off-topic first but considering these issues have real and scary implications for people and worst of all it's affects the most vulnerable people in society, I thought this thread is better suited for this subforum because I can only imagine the fear and anxiety that comes with such political developments which don't just challenge our most fundamental rights but also our existence. And if they come after LGBT rights next, I can only imagine that we will have new waves of members soon. I can't blame them. The US is turning into a very scary place very quickly. A minority of religious fundamentalists have taken over and they're imposing their theocratic fascist views on the people. This is a witch hunt against marginalized people and women, there is no doubt about that.

And this goes without saying: with these people in charge who want to impose their Christian ideology on everyone else the US will remain many more years without proper legal acknowledgement of the right to die. With the most recent developments I don't doubt that any chance to implement assisted suicide has been pushed back for decades and turned into a distant dream. This is a huge setback for everyone who wishes to live in a more progressive society centered around compassion and empathy - not division and hatred.
Exactly!!!

• Love
Reactions: Dead Meat
Fadeawaaaay

Fadeawaaaay

Visionary
Nov 12, 2021
Roe v. Wade was not the best way to allow for abortion anyway. It's better to guarantee abortion rights through legislature rather than the Supreme Court. Abortion is not a constitutional right. Most states in the US will pass laws guaranteeing / Strengthening abortion rights. Already in New York and California you can even have an abortion into the third trimester. But the United States is a total mess that's for sure.

Reactions: odradek
Dot

Dot

Globl mod - Info abt typng styl on prfle.
Sep 26, 2021
Roe v. Wade was not the best way to allow for abortion anyway. It's better to guarantee abortion rights through legislature rather than the Supreme Court. Abortion is not a constitutional right. Most states in the US will pass laws guaranteeing / Strengthening abortion rights. Already in New York and California you can even have an abortion into the third trimester. But the United States is a total mess that's for sure.

26 st8tes R expctd 2 ban or sverely rstrct abortn nw

unredeemable

unredeemable

To be, or not to be - that is the question.
Jun 7, 2022
The worst of all is the politicians driving this are so craven, so blasé about the whole because it's nothing but a power play. They'd have an abortion for their wife or mistress or daughter whenever it suited them, all while striking the pose of protecting life.

I hope someone they love goes septic because they can't get a removal after a miscarriage. It's hateful, yes, but that's the only way it would ever mean anything to them. Otherwise it's just a talking point. 😡

deathbylife

deathbylife

going to die soon no one cares
Jun 21, 2022

The SCOTUS also just made it so any funds for public colleges have to be used for religious ones as well. And they're limiting the right to sue over Miranda Rights violations, and they overturned New York's public carry laws. They say it's "state's rights" then they overrule the states. They're a joke. The religious gun nuts are getting all the power. Pretty soon we'll be a Theocracy. I'm surprised they're hasn't been a revolution yet, except that Capitalism keeps everyone busy working their asses off in jobs selling needless possessions which are discardables, polluting the earth, the profits of which are used to line the pockets of the already rich...who are the ones in power, deciding the rules and laws. Sorry for the speech

TheLastFemaphrodyke

TheLastFemaphrodyke

Student
May 25, 2022

I am positively sickened at the assholes in our society. I was in a continual state of PTSD when that orange bastard was in office and I am ashamed at the hatefulness of the religious right, it is beyond disgusting. I cannot feel safe in my own country, America is now a third world country with more poverty than most third world countries since the covid bullshit, less health care, more homelessness and now, women are again, soon to be nothing more than properties to be exchanged for goats and other goods, relegated to sleeping outside while on their periods. Good times.

Makes me want to castrate every single man.

Tortured Existence

Tortured Existence

Alone till the end
May 18, 2022
I am positively sickened at the assholes in our society. I was in a continual state of PTSD when that orange bastard was in office and I am ashamed at the hatefulness of the religious right, it is beyond disgusting. I cannot feel safe in my own country, America is now a third world country with more poverty than most third world countries since the covid bullshit, less health care, more homelessness and now, women are again, soon to be nothing more than properties to be exchanged for goats and other goods, relegated to sleeping outside while on their periods. Good times.

Makes me want to castrate every single man.
That says it all, except the poverty, starvation, and disease in first-world countries is on a level the US as a whole will never experience. But the homelessness and access to healthcare, even more than ever for women with this ruling, is horrifying!!!🤬😭

gcso

gcso

Jun 5, 2022
O Brasil é putinha dos EUA. Se um país de primeiro mundo está regredindo, imagina aqui... Caos atrás de caos.

Reactions: melodrama
S

Smart No More

Visionary
May 5, 2021
Supreme courts ruled in favour of allowing citizens to carry guns in public too.

Wild west here we come. Only now we're less civilised but believe ourselves to be more civil than ever. The human race as a whole appears to be suffering with some kind of narcissistic delusional state of mind.

odradek

odradek

Mage
Sep 16, 2021
What a fucking joke. Only one woman voted in favour of this and she is a Christian nutcase. Bravo USA you are now more regressive than nations you're sanctioning probably.

I wish all these old men who are anti-abortion had to deal with any of the consequences of this decision. Not likely, they can afford to fly anywhere for abortions for their mistresses. What a world we live in.

Well now people will have to rely more on the USA's social safety net, which is just a drop off a cliff at this point.

Dot

Dot

Globl mod - Info abt typng styl on prfle.
Sep 26, 2021
Well now people will have to rely more on the USA's social safety net, which is just a drop off a cliff at this point.

"Bt tht wld b soclsm & ppl shld nt hve chldrn unlss thy cn affrd thm"

Last edited:
  • Hmph!
Reactions: symphony
Shu

Shu

As above, So Below.
Jan 21, 2022
I
Supreme courts ruled in favour of allowing citizens to carry guns in public too.

Wild west here we come. Only now we're less civilised but believe ourselves to be more civil than ever. The human race as a whole appears to be suffering with some kind of narcissistic delusional state of mind.
I thought we could already carry guns in public

Reactions: tabletop
Fadeawaaaay

Fadeawaaaay

Visionary
Nov 12, 2021
Everyday, the USA just sounds more and more unpleasant to live in.
This overturning also forbids all abortions for the first trimester? That just sounds awful for everyone involved.
This does not forbid abortion… It just does not guarantee abortion as a federal/Constitutional right… most states will continue to have abortion rights that are far more liberal than anywhere else in the world. But then there will be extremely backward places like Mississippi where they will try to outlaw abortion altogether. And then there will be places like Georgia where there will be some kind of struggle. This could actually end up benefiting progressives in places like Texas where they will be forced to mobilize in order to elect Legislators who will guarantee abortion rights.
The vast majority of Americans support gay marriage and gay rights. Clarence Thomas is a whack job and an outlier. The Supreme Court is not going to do anything to overturn gay marriage whatsoever. Guarantee it.

• Hugs
Reactions: LastFlowers
Iamchickenhat

Iamchickenhat

Experienced
Dec 17, 2021
Hate to tell ya, but almost all red states have bans and massive restrictions. Poor ppl can't afford to travel to California. It's not gonna be alright again. We have no way to codify roe with the Senate we have

O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022

An outrage, its a return to the 1950's--Now 26 states will soon or immediately ban Abortions--Now, these women who want abortions in these 26 states must go to the other 24 states to get one, a lot more hassle, time and expense(and some of those 24 states also may impose restrictions)--not to mention the guys who will be liable for child support--If I was them,I'd get my wires cut immediately

S

Smart No More

Visionary
May 5, 2021
I

I thought we could already carry guns in public
I saw something on a rolling (breaking news) bulletin last night saying the Supreme Court had ruled it legal. Perhaps its all states? I don't know the details. I just saw it and thought of the connotations of it. I don't know much about gun laws. Just people.

• Hugs
Shu

Shu

As above, So Below.
Jan 21, 2022
I saw something on a rolling (breaking news) bulletin last night saying the Supreme Court had ruled it legal. Perhaps its all states? I don't know the details. I just saw it and thought of the connotations of it. I don't know much about gun laws. Just people.
So is this a good or bad thing?