• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I considered to use the term fun fact but maybe that's too morbid. I think many suicidal people cope with dark humor but maybe that's too much. The media already rips us into pieces for using "ctb".

It can be fact that make us think. They can be interesting or just sort of stunning.

There is one fact I have to think a lot about. Recently someone posted it here and since that I thought so much about it. Thanks a lot to @Render for sharing this fact in a thread of mine.

Based on the literature, you would expect the average BMI for the userbase of this site to be quite low. There is ample evidence to suggest that lower BMI is strongly correlated with completed suicide. BMI as a whole appears to be inversely correlated to suicide completion. Interestingly enough, there is a positive correlation between overweight BMIs and suicidal ideation but not completion.

Moral of the story - eat up and be happy.

In my case this fits I think. But I should be careful not to commit an inductive fallacy. Is this the right translation of this fallacy.

I rigorously plan that my first suicide attempt will be the final and last one. I am pretty scared to traumatize myself and being stuck in my living hell even more. Or the nightmarish scenario of ending up as a vegetable. My BMI is quite low. I could imagine the self-discpline plays a key role in that. Beating the survival instinct needs a lot of determination and this can be reached by a very strict super-ego. You need a pretty strong will to torture yourself with being hungry all the time. But one could also imagine that a lower life quality when being obsessed with weight could play a (smaller) role.

These are at least my layman considerations. Whether it fits in my case I am not sure. Many studies say that attempts of committing suicide can be a predictor for more suicide attempts. I am not sure what it actually says about me that I never attempted. (I tried some partial and stood at the 7th floor but did not want to go through with it) I think I was always extremely scared to end up with damage. Since I know about SN I have less fears. But some people on here say it feels different when you are eye to eye with it. There is a strong aversion to really take it. I am not sure where I am in this process. My life is and will be a living hell for many many decades to come. It is only a matter of time when I will kill myself. But I ask myself how much more torture I will endure before going through with it. How many more disappointments will spit into my face. How much humiliation to come. I dont know.

Sorry it was only one fact. But admittedly a fascinating one. I should not overinterpret it by applying it to my life. I tend to that behavior.

Maybe you also have an interesting one in mind?

Last edited:
Wolf-Alice

Wolf-Alice

Nov 11, 2023
This is cool, and makes a lot of sense. It's so aesthetic to be thin; a thin person killing themselves is tragic. A fat person killing themselves is pathetic. This is a great reason to lose weight, if I ever give up on my life again I will make sure to do so. The statistics don't lie.

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
This is cool, and makes a lot of sense. It's so aesthetic to be thin; a thin person killing themselves is tragic. A fat person killing themselves is pathetic. This is a great reason to lose weight, if I ever give up on my life again I will make sure to do so. The statistics don't lie.
To be honest I would be very careful with such statements. It is not pathetic when someone "fat" is killing themselves. There is no difference to someone who is thin.

Wolf-Alice

Wolf-Alice

Nov 11, 2023
To be honest I would be very careful with such statements. It is not pathetic when someone "fat" is killing themselves. There is no difference to someone who is thin.
I'm only being pragmatic. This is how society sees it, everyone does intrinsically.

Reactions: Agon321
Bed

Bed

Global Mod
Aug 24, 2019
here's some:

most people on here probably know this one but despite what many think winter does not have the most suicide attempts/successes, spring does.

a lot of people are deemed by the medical society to be mentally ill if they choose suicide regardless of their situation or if they're actually mentally ill.

up to 3 other people attempt or consider suicide on avg if someone they know has ctb.

avg lifespan for someone with bpd is in their 30s.

.. those are the ones i can think of off the top of my head.

edit:

swans have been seen to divebomb kill themselves after their mate has died. a lot of people consider this suicide but there's been debates on if they are aware enough to know they are killing themselves by doing it. other animals have also been shown to display suicidal tendencies.

Last edited:
Wolf-Alice

Wolf-Alice

Nov 11, 2023
Everyone who is superficial sees it that way. We should not trust our gut instincts on such matters they are mostly primitive.
I see nothing wrong with primitivity. I think the world would have been better off if humans could have stayed in their place among animals instead of developing a civilisation. I respect fat people as humans, and understand them considering that I myself am quite fat, but realistically being fat just looks disgusting. Everyone thinks so, and if they say they don't, they are either being politically correct or are depraved.

Reactions: Agon321
willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
There is one fact I have to think a lot about. Recently someone posted it here and since that I thought so much about it. Thanks a lot to @Render for sharing this fact in a thread of mine.

In my case this fits I think. But I should be careful not to commit an inductive fallacy. Is this the right translation of this fallacy.

I rigorously plan that my first suicide attempt will be the final and last one. I am pretty scared to traumatize myself and being stuck in my living hell even more. Or the nightmarish scenario of ending up as a vegetable. My BMI is quite low. I could imagine the self-discpline plays a key role in that. Beating the survival instinct needs a lot of determination and this can be reached by a very strict super-ego. You need a pretty strong will to torture yourself with being hungry all the time. But one could also imagine that a lower life quality when being obsessed with weight could play a (smaller) role.

These are at least my layman considerations. Whether it fits in my case I am not sure. Many studies say that attempts of committing suicide can be a predictor for more suicide attempts. I am not sure what it actually says about me that I never attempted. (I tried some partial and stood at the 7th floor but did not want to go through with it) I think I was always extremely scared to end up with damage. Since I know about SN I have less fears. But some people on here say it feels different when you are eye to eye with it. There is a strong aversion to really take it. I am not sure where I am in this process. My life is and will be a living hell for many many decades to come. It is only a matter of time when I will kill myself. But I ask myself how much more torture I will endure before going through with it. How many more disappointments will spit into my face. How much humiliation to come. I dont know.
I'd take a wild guess that the success rates are also related to the often poor health related to low BMI. Being obese is obviously bad for your health, but more in the long term. Being very underweight can cause more immediate health concerns when it relates to vital electrolyte and fluid balances. Your body also has less of a reserve of energy to fight things off with. Especially if your BMI is low due to an eating disorder or health issues, I feel like low BMI has more pressing health issues while high BMI has more consequences down the road. People get hospitalized for many problems related to being underweight relatively quickly, I've taken care of patients who have been restricting for a few months and are sick enough to be inpatient. Someone who is overweight will likely not need to be hospitalized until years down the line when they have a stroke or heart attack, or if they manage to be heavy enough to be on a bariatric ward.

Take this with a grain of salt, I didn't research this, this is based on what I already know, I didn't actually look into it.

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
These facts were already pretty good. Maybe someone can add one more. I might do some research later for more interesting facts.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Around 70% of suicide victims do not leave a note. Always surprised me that.
Y? I'm probably within those 70% bc I don't even know what to say when destiny fucks u in life and forces u to kys. What could u actually say?

permanently tired

permanently tired

Eternally napping
Nov 8, 2023
Y? I'm probably within those 70% bc I don't even know what to say when destiny fucks u in life and forces u to kys. What could u actually say?
I considering writing a lengthy one, but it would require a world of effort so I'll either leave a one liner or none at all. Knowing this, it's understandable why a majority of people don't leave one.

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I considering writing a lengthy one, but it would require a world of effort so I'll either leave a one liner or none at all. Knowing this, it's understandable why a majority of people don't leave one.
Well, every time I tried to write a note (when I was very suicidal and close to an attempt) - once I wanted to start to write down the things that were in my mind - my brain was totally empty like a big void. OK I had nothing to say in this moment anymore and as follows nothing to write down.

Reactions: Hades_de
persimmon

persimmon

Student
Jan 21, 2024
Everyone is unique, I guess. I'm going for sorry, goodbye, here's why I loved you, try not to be too sad, you're never getting back that money I owed you etc. Classy stuff.

Reactions: pilotviolin