O

OldDrummer

Arcanist
Feb 4, 2022
Who says we can't discuss ctb without a modicum of levity?

I'd like to propose this thread as a repository, nay receptacle, of probably the worst, most cheesy and most cringeworthy advice you could ever proffer to anyone wanting to seriously ctb.

If you want to play, then please be respectful to others and don't be a dick.

Also please feel free to mention actual nonsensical "advice" that you've received from mental health "professionals".

I'll start with..."Hey Mister! Turn that frown upside down!".

• Yay!
Reactions: Angi, Sea Turtle, Silenos and 2 others
SpaceCadet

SpaceCadet

‎In a perfect world, nobody would be suicidal
Feb 27, 2022
"You need Jesus in your life"

• Yay!
Reactions: hungry_ghost, OldDrummer and Silenos
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
"All you have to do is find love and you'll live!" ~Sherri

• Yay!
  • Aww..
Reactions: Angi, Joey, edu0z and 4 others
Silenos

Silenos

Ṿ̸̄Ọ̶͂Ỉ̶͉D̴̞͝ ̴̲̐A̷̾͜W̷̪͒Ā̵̯I̵͍̅T̵̛͔S̷̗͛
Jul 25, 2020
"You just need to think positive."
And how would I do that?
"Just.think.positive!"

(based on an actual interaction I've had)

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: hungry_ghost, markimobzzdeasui, motel rooms and 2 others
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
Believe You Can Do It GIF by South Park

• Yay!
Reactions: SpaceCadet, 𝔧𝔞𝔫𝔢 ⛧ and Dr Iron Arc
O

OldDrummer

Arcanist
Feb 4, 2022
Oh, and of course, the classic...

Live! Laugh! Love!

Yes Karen.
"All you have to do is find love and you'll live!" ~Sherri

Sherrigate...too soon dude!

• Yay!
Reactions: SpaceCadet, Symbiote and Silenos
Sea Turtle

Sea Turtle

She/Her ✨ Achieving True Peace
Aug 12, 2020
Just get more sunlight

• Yay!
Reactions: actual_fox, hungry_ghost, markimobzzdeasui and 2 others
𝔧𝔞𝔫𝔢 ⛧

𝔧𝔞𝔫𝔢 ⛧

Mar 16, 2022
"im sending all my light and love to you"

• Yay!
Reactions: SpaceCadet
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
The only "die"ing you need is to go on a diet. Also exercise til your muscles ache, sleep 9 hours a day, and don't interact with a single electronic screen six hours before bed or your eyes will burst into flames.

• Yay!
Reactions: symphony and SpaceCadet
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
Your sexual compulsive behavior disorder is going to ruin your open marriage unless you stop having sex with other guys with your partner's consent & masturbating so much. Why can't you just pester & maul your husband 24/7?

• Aww..
Reactions: markimobzzdeasui, Dr Iron Arc, Symbiote and 1 other person
O

OldDrummer

Arcanist
Feb 4, 2022
Your sexual compulsive behavior disorder is going to ruin your open marriage unless you stop having sex with other guys with your partner's consent & masturbating so much. Why can't you just pester & maul your husband 24/7?

I thought the only way to ruin an open marriage was with actual murder?

So happy I lost my libido last year!

Reactions: motel rooms
Red Scare

Red Scare

Wizard
Mar 1, 2022
I thought the only way to ruin an open marriage was with actual murder?
Wow. Absolutely positively every single "open" marriage I have ever encountered ended miserably.

Same with so called polyamorous relationships.

I feel so bad for the cucks stuck in that situation.

Reactions: hungry_ghost and come to dust
motel rooms

motel rooms

Apr 13, 2021
Wow. Absolutely positively every single "open" marriage I have ever encountered ended miserably.

Same with so called polyamorous relationships.

I feel so bad for the cucks stuck in that situation.

Nope, not getting sucked into this pointless discussion with someone who knows nothing about me & my partner. My husband is not a cuck, he's a sex worker. Outrageous, I know. He's been one since he ended up on the street as a teenager. We've both experienced sexual abuse. If it makes you feel all virtuous, feel free to shit on us.

• Hugs
  • Hmph!
Reactions: hungry_ghost, Silenos, lili and 2 others
O

OldDrummer

Arcanist
Feb 4, 2022
Nope, not getting sucked into this pointless discussion with someone who knows nothing about me & my partner. My husband is not a cuck, he's a sex worker. Outrageous, I know. He's been one since he ended up on the street as a teenager. We've both experienced sexual abuse. If it makes you feel all virtuous, feel free to shit on us.

Don't engage. Nothing but a troll. Best of luck.

Reactions: LastLoveLetter, Silenos, soup noodles and 1 other person
Red Scare

Red Scare

Wizard
Mar 1, 2022
Nope, not getting sucked into this pointless discussion with someone who knows nothing about me & my partner. My husband is not a cuck, he's a sex worker. Outrageous, I know. He's been one since he ended up on the street as a teenager. We've both experienced sexual abuse. If it makes you feel all righteous & morally superior, feel free to shit on us.
Personally if I was going to marry anyone I would want to know they aren't banging any other people. Call it a preference. I won't be banging anyone else as long as I am in a committed relationship with that person and we share a bed. We'll be the only ones sharing that bed. So much for trying to curb the stereotype that us gay guys are promiscuous and can't commit to a monogamous lifestyle. But you do you.

Reactions: come to dust
O

OldDrummer

Arcanist
Feb 4, 2022
Personally if I was going to marry anyone I would want to know they aren't banging any other people. Call it a preference. I won't be banging anyone else as long as I am in a committed relationship with that person and we share a bed. We'll be the only ones sharing that bed. So much for trying to curb the stereotype that us gay guys are promiscuous and can't commit to a monogamous lifestyle. But you do you.

Personally I wouldn't be throwing stones in a glasshouse. Remind yourself what this site is actually about and why you're on it.

Reactions: LastLoveLetter and motel rooms
Cathy Ames

Cathy Ames

Cautionary Tale
Mar 11, 2022
"Suck it up, Buttercup."

"You're as happy as you decide to be."

"You need to be more grateful for what you have."

• Hugs
Reactions: markimobzzdeasui, Silenos, OldDrummer and 1 other person
motel rooms

motel rooms

Apr 13, 2021

What do I care about your personal preferences as long as you're not a rapist? What do I care about curbing stereotypes about gays? I am promiscuous because I developed C-PTSD & sexual compulsive behavior disorder after being raped by my father as a child for ten years, & my husband was forced to do sex work to survive. Of course we're gonna do us, we certainly don't need anyone's permission.

• Hugs
Reactions: LastLoveLetter and OldDrummer
S

soup noodles

Mar 13, 2022
Also please feel free to mention actual nonsensical "advice" that you've received from mental health "professionals".

why don't you sit yourself down and make a cup of tea? take some deep breaths. things will look better after you've calmed down a bit

[edited because i have more thoughts] i hate how common it is to recieve horrible advice like this. mental health professionals treat people like they're just going through five minutes of sadness, not life-ruining depression

Last edited:
Reactions: OldDrummer and Cathy Ames
O

OldDrummer

Arcanist
Feb 4, 2022
why don't you sit yourself down and make a cup of tea? take some deep breaths. things will look better after you've calmed down a bit

Mess with my friends on here, and you mess with me.

Cathy Ames

Cathy Ames

Cautionary Tale
Mar 11, 2022
"Just breathe!"

"Help is available."

"Things get better."

Oops. I tried to quote this but messed up.

Reactions: soup noodles and OldDrummer
S

soup noodles

Mar 13, 2022
"Just breathe!"

"Help is available."

"Things get better."

can't stand 'just breathe'! and it's so frustrating to hear that things get better. like they think being told about some uncertain hypothetical future will make you instantly feel better right now?? aaah

Reactions: Cathy Ames
Silenos

Silenos

Ṿ̸̄Ọ̶͂Ỉ̶͉D̴̞͝ ̴̲̐A̷̾͜W̷̪͒Ā̵̯I̵͍̅T̵̛͔S̷̗͛
Jul 25, 2020
[Removed]
I sincerely hope you told him to fuck right off.

In a similar vein I was once told by someone that chronic pain is an addiction that you can just 'quit'. I stopped speaking to them after that.

• Hugs
  • Wow
Reactions: CatLover, Rogue Proxy, LastLoveLetter and 2 others
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
"You need a dose of mindfulness"

All those mindfulness books in the local self-help book section are all garbage. But I guess people need an instruction manual on how not to be complete dicks.

• Hugs
Reactions: markimobzzdeasui, Rogue Proxy, Silenos and 1 other person
motel rooms

motel rooms

Apr 13, 2021
[Removed]

Yeah, he pretty much said the same thing to me. He told me my father "sensed my innate gay nature" when I was two & that's why he started molesting me. He actually got offended when I didn't thank him for sharing his "insights" with me. :nomouth:

• Hugs
  • Wow
Reactions: Rogue Proxy, Cathy Ames, Silenos and 1 other person
symphony

symphony

surving hour-by-hour
Mar 12, 2022
I know I've gotten a lot of this, but I can't remember them all right now, besides the time a crisis counselor asked if I'd tried taking a hot bath instead of hanging myself.

• Aww..
  • Wow
Reactions: Rogue Proxy, Silenos and Cathy Ames
Cathy Ames

Cathy Ames

Cautionary Tale
Mar 11, 2022
can't stand 'just breathe'! and it's so frustrating to hear that things get better. like they think being told about some uncertain hypothetical future will make you instantly feel better right now?? aaah

OMG, and how could I have forgotten "This, too, shall pass"?
[Removed]
Oh this is horrible, and I really HATE that someone said that to you. And it reminds of some more of those trite "helpful" things we hear all the freaking time.

"Everything happens for a reason," and "God will never give you more than you can handle."

Like... WTF?!?! Seriously?!

• Love
Reactions: OldDrummer, Rogue Proxy, ultrafuntimes and 2 others