Dec 30, 2019
Hey there! How's it going?

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer
Squiddy

Squiddy

Here Lies My Hopes And Dreams
Sep 4, 2019
Hey there! How's it going?
It's going ok. Still in Pennsylvania trying to recover. Dumped one of my toxic friends today and I feel pretty good about it, though sad

• Hugs
Reactions: Carina, Brick In The Wall, not-2-b-the-answer and 2 others
F

faraway_beach

Seawater and stardust
Dec 30, 2019
First of the mini Macy's fireworks here in Coney tonight! I love (professional) fireworks!

...but I hate this, because we would normally have fireworks every week in summer here in Coney, and this pale substitute just underlines that the cancer will kill me or I will kill myself soon, and this malformation of a summer will be the last thing I'm aware of. I should have killed myself the night my father died. I remember telling his nurse, "Excuse me, I have to go walk into traffic now." I should have just done it.

• Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and Brick In The Wall
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
It's going ok. Still in Pennsylvania trying to recover. Dumped one of my toxic friends today and I feel pretty good about it, though sad

So sorry you had to lose a friend. :hug: If it was toxic then I think it was for the best. :hug:
First of the mini Macy's fireworks here in Coney tonight! I love (professional) fireworks!

...but I hate this, because we would normally have fireworks every week in summer here in Coney, and this pale substitute just underlines that the cancer will kill me or I will kill myself soon, and this malformation of a summer will be the last thing I'm aware of. I should have killed myself the night my father died. I remember telling his nurse, "Excuse me, I have to go walk into traffic now." I should have just done it.

I was terrified of fireworks when I was a kid. I used to watch them with friends but it has been a long time. I can enjoy them better from a distance where they aren't as loud. :wink:
This summer is so messed up. I'm afraid things will shut down again. Even though I don't really like to go anywhere anymore. I hate wearing face masks but I do to protect others.
I'm sorry for the loss of your father. I know hug emojis don't help.

Last edited:
Reactions: faraway_beach and Brick In The Wall
Carina

Carina

Angelic
Dec 22, 2019
non stop issues at work all from an outside person that did updates.... seriously the stress is horrible.

• Hugs
Reactions: Brick In The Wall
Squiddy

Squiddy

Here Lies My Hopes And Dreams
Sep 4, 2019
So sorry you had to lose a friend. :hug: If it was toxic then I think it was for the best. :hug:

I was terrified of fireworks when I was a kid. I used to watch them with friends but it has been a long time. I can enjoy them better from a distance where they aren't as loud. :wink:
This summer is so messed up. I'm afraid things will shut down again. Even though I don't really like to go anywhere anymore. I hate wearing face masks but I do to protect others.
I'm sorry for the loss of your father. I know hug emojis don't help.
Thinking about my toxic friend now and I feel like cutting and I hate it

• Hugs
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
Thinking about my toxic friend now and I feel like cutting and I hate it
Glad to see you back to posting again Squiddy! Sorry about your friend troubles though.

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and Squiddy
A

AnxietyAttack44

I just wanna go to my husband already.
Jun 5, 2020
I dont know what to do. Chat buddy from ss caught the bus.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
I dont know what to do. Chat buddy from ss caught the bus.
You can always chat with us here or in the lounge. Sorry for your loss but you'll find someone else to connect with as well.

• Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and AnxietyAttack44
A

AnxietyAttack44

I just wanna go to my husband already.
Jun 5, 2020
You can always chat with us here or in the lounge. Sorry for your loss but you'll find someone else to connect with as well.
Thanks and im trying. Atleast hes no longer in pain.

• Hugs
CynicalHopelessness

CynicalHopelessness

Messenger of Silence
Jan 9, 2020
Okay, so first, hello there again.

Secondly, here's a thing. Yesterday a man from the house literally next to mine burned the stuff of his ex (who was getting married to another man on that day) then took his dog and his 1.5 year daughter to 24th floor and threw the dog, the daughter, then jumped.

I feel really bad for the dog, but I envy the girl so much lol. She didn't get to develop much of intelligence before facing her life ending. Am I turning insane?

• Aww..
  • Yay!
Reactions: GenesAndEnvironment, not-2-b-the-answer and Brick In The Wall
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
Okay, so first, hello there again.

Secondly, here's a thing. Yesterday a man from the house literally next to mine burned the stuff of his ex (who was getting married to another man on that day) then took his dog and his 1.5 year daughter to 24th floor and threw the dog, the daughter, then jumped.

I feel really bad for the dog, but I envy the girl so much lol. She didn't get to develop much of intelligence before facing her life ending. Am I turning insane?
Welcome back, its been a while. I think we're all slowly going insane to some degree.

That's an incredibly tragic story about your neighbor. Dude should've just ended himself, he didn't have to take the dog and his daughter too.

CynicalHopelessness

CynicalHopelessness

Messenger of Silence
Jan 9, 2020
That's an incredibly tragic story about your neighbor. Dude should've just ended himself, he didn't have to take the dog and his daughter too.
Well it isn't, according to people. News sites I've seen it reported had comments blocked because of how insensitive and uncaring people are. The man is believed to have no drug or alcohol problems and has a business in Poland, and his motives were something like "to be together forever in death" since his ex-wife would be taking the child and it was one of the few days he'd get to see her.

For me it's just another indication of how shitty, small and fragile our social networks - not the internet type - have become. Few links break down, and a person might easily follow. Even if said person is conventionally successful.

Carina

Carina

Angelic
Dec 22, 2019
I'm almost shocked your posting here from Pennsylvania lol

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, Squiddy and Brick In The Wall
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
Well it isn't, according to people. News sites I've seen it reported had comments blocked because of how insensitive and uncaring people are. The man is believed to have no drug or alcohol problems and has a business in Poland, and his motives were something like "to be together forever in death" since his ex-wife would be taking the child and it was one of the few days he'd get to see her.

For me it's just another indication of how shitty, small and fragile our social networks - not the internet type - have become. Few links break down, and a person might easily follow. Even if said person is conventionally successful.
I'm not shocked that they blocked comments on that one. I've seen how fragile social networks can be from first hand experience. Divorce or separation can be especially devastating for many people, it was one of the things that brought me here.

• Hugs
CynicalHopelessness

CynicalHopelessness

Messenger of Silence
Jan 9, 2020
Divorce or separation can be especially devastating for many people, it was one of the things that brought me here.
Yeah. I am here for loneliness reasons mostly - I find it nigh-impossible to not relapse while lacking human contact, and I have not experienced a meaningful connection to a human being for I've lost track for how long.

I have a hypothesis that romantic love for a partner s a fairly recent emotional aggregate and didn't exist, say, 1000 years ago. Wonder if the shift for more affection has actually made people less resilient wrt. mental health.

• Hugs
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
Yeah. I am here for loneliness reasons mostly - I find it nigh-impossible to not relapse while lacking human contact, and I have not experienced a meaningful connection to a human being for I've lost track for how long.

I have a hypothesis that romantic love for a partner s a fairly recent emotional aggregate and didn't exist, say, 1000 years ago. Wonder if the shift for more affection has actually made people less resilient wrt. mental health.
I'd say that monogamous relationships are fairly new and probably a factor. We're animals and very few animals have life partners. That could be part of the shift you're referring to.

I know that elephants can literally die of loneliness. I think humans have become similar in our pursuit for affection.

CynicalHopelessness

CynicalHopelessness

Messenger of Silence
Jan 9, 2020
I'd say that monogamous relationships are fairly new and probably a factor. We're animals and very few animals have life partners. That could be part of the shift you're referring to.

I know that elephants can literally die of loneliness. I think humans have become similar in our pursuit for affection.
Are you saying these lucky bastards not only need to overcome the biological programming, but it works for them?!

Well, I guess it would be hard for an elephant to hang himself, or buy SN

CynicalHopelessness

CynicalHopelessness

Messenger of Silence
Jan 9, 2020
Which reminds me, I should probably start a C# program. My glasses' lenses are getting annoyingly damaged.

F

faraway_beach

Seawater and stardust
Dec 30, 2019
Why am I still alive?

• Hugs
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
So I saw the coolest fucking thing today. This bad boy spits out cooked pancakes by the plate full within seconds. This is a stock image of the machine but it was the same damn machine.

76791a4fc852e92b29b496e40c48e966

• Wow
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, CynicalHopelessness and AnxietyAttack44
CynicalHopelessness

CynicalHopelessness

Messenger of Silence
Jan 9, 2020
I need that poster lol

• Love