CynicalHopelessness

CynicalHopelessness

Messenger of Silence
Jan 9, 2020
I was so anhedonic yesterday after work I went to just lie in the bed and do nothing, and I feel asleep slightly after 8 pm. Woke up at around 5 am today fairly rested, but still anhedonic so I slept some more and got into the longest lucid dream to date.

• Hugs
Reactions: Brick In The Wall
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
I was so anhedonic yesterday after work I went to just lie in the bed and do nothing, and I feel asleep slightly after 8 pm. Woke up at around 5 am today fairly rested, but still anhedonic so I slept some more and got into the longest lucid dream to date.
Lucid dreams are the best. I wish I had them more often because they're usually better then being awake.

CynicalHopelessness

CynicalHopelessness

Messenger of Silence
Jan 9, 2020
Lucid dreams are the best. I wish I had them more often because they're usually better then being awake.
Yeah, I usually have one whenever I manage to fall asleep after waking up at 4-5AM, meaning pretty much once every 2-3 weeks. Today was the stablest/longest so far. Hope I'll get enough motivation to continue practicing the techniques for going deeper into the dream

Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
Yeah, I usually have one whenever I manage to fall asleep after waking up at 4-5AM, meaning pretty much once every 2-3 weeks. Today was the stablest/longest so far. Hope I'll get enough motivation to continue practicing the techniques for going deeper into the dream
You have a set of techniques? I'd be curious to hear about that if you don't mind sharing.

F

faraway_beach

Seawater and stardust
Dec 30, 2019
I gave up lucid dreaming years ago. I can do anything I imagine? My lucid mind has no imagination!

• Aww..
CynicalHopelessness

CynicalHopelessness

Messenger of Silence
Jan 9, 2020
You have a set of techniques? I'd be curious to hear about that if you don't mind sharing.
Yeah, the basic exercises are:

The hand:
Look at the lines of your hand for a while while asking yourself whether you're sleeping or not, and then shift focus to the room around you while continuing to question whether you're still asleep or not. Repeat several times through the day to make a habit out of it that would interleave with your regular activities.

This is the basic exercise for realizing yourself in a dream, and also if you do it within a lucid dream, it tends to get more stable (i.e. tend to throw you out less). I've read that it's important to actually experience doubt and question yourself while you're doing it, otherwise you might form a habit of not really questioning whether the world around you is a dream or not.

The diary:
Write every dream you have with as much detail as you can remember.
Lucid dreams get forgotten as easily as regular ones, and this exercise helps you kinda "mark" the sleep experience for brain as important to remember, leading to ability to remember dreams better and build plans based on that. I prefer to use a literal notebook and write stuff by hand as it's actually less disturbing for my sleep, and it's also recommended because supposedly you spend more time/focus remembering dream than with phones. But I got too lazy recently to do that.

There are also special induction techniques that I haven't really dabbled in. They are often abbreviated like xILD (x induced lucid dream), like WILD, SILD, SSILD, etc. I was planing to look into SSILD before I relapsed into depression, and right now for me dreams kinda just happen just from past few weeks of doing the hand and few lucid dreams where I learned some of indicators that it's a dream.

• Love
Reactions: GenesAndEnvironment and Brick In The Wall
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
Yeah, the basic exercises are:

The hand:
Look at the lines of your hand for a while while asking yourself whether you're sleeping or not, and then shift focus to the room around you while continuing to question whether you're still asleep or not. Repeat several times through the day to make a habit out of it that would interleave with your regular activities.

This is the basic exercise for realizing yourself in a dream, and also if you do it within a lucid dream, it tends to get more stable (i.e. tend to throw you out less). I've read that it's important to actually experience doubt and question yourself while you're doing it, otherwise you might form a habit of not really questioning whether the world around you is a dream or not.

The diary:
Write every dream you have with as much detail as you can remember.
Lucid dreams get forgotten as easily as regular ones, and this exercise helps you kinda "mark" the sleep experience for brain as important to remember, leading to ability to remember dreams better and build plans based on that. I prefer to use a literal notebook and write stuff by hand as it's actually less disturbing for my sleep, and it's also recommended because supposedly you spend more time/focus remembering dream than with phones. But I got too lazy recently to do that.

There are also special induction techniques that I haven't really dabbled in. They are often abbreviated like xILD (x induced lucid dream), like WILD, SILD, SSILD, etc. I was planing to look into SSILD before I relapsed into depression, and right now for me dreams kinda just happen just from past few weeks of doing the hand and few lucid dreams where I learned some of indicators that it's a dream.
Thank you very much for this information. I'm definitely going to try this out.

CynicalHopelessness

CynicalHopelessness

Messenger of Silence
Jan 9, 2020
Thank you very much for this information. I'm definitely going to try this out.
Good luck, and tell me how it goes.
It also took me about 3 weeks to get a first lucid dream and I was thrown out very quickly :-D But there are some other things to explore, like talking to your subconscious.

Squiddy

Squiddy

Here Lies My Hopes And Dreams
Sep 4, 2019
I am a game dev. I've been working on my current project for over a year now.
As soon as I'm through with college for computer science/game design, we should work on a game together :)

• Love
F

faraway_beach

Seawater and stardust
Dec 30, 2019
Waiting for my dispensary to update its stock list so I can try to get a reservation in. They sell out quickly, I've seen the list go down while I'm still browsing.

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and Lorntroubles
Finis Autem Spero

Finis Autem Spero

Dec 30, 2019
Did dark mode disappear?

I went away for a bit and when I came back, I can't seem to find how to re-enable it.

• Aww..
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer
F

faraway_beach

Seawater and stardust
Dec 30, 2019
Small achievements division: I did the laundry I'd been postponing for two weeks! We're not allowed to have washers in the apartment, so we have to go down to the communal laundry room that everyone uses.

It looks unlikely that I'll get anything else done today, because we are facing the fringes of a tropical storm and the weather forecast is "stay inside and don't see for yourself".

• Hugs
Reactions: draw a circle, Brick In The Wall and Lorntroubles
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
Did dark mode disappear?

I went away for a bit and when I came back, I can't seem to find how to re-enable it.

AFAIK whenever they updated everything it went away or hasn't worked since. I tried right after the update and it didn't work. :aw:

• Hugs
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
Per my ritual of posting here every 1,000th post, this is 9,000 now. I'm very grateful for this community and my time here thus far.

I've learned alot from this place and talked to many amazing people. Thank you all so much for the love and support that I've received and continue to receive! :heart: :heart: :heart:

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Finis Autem Spero, not-2-b-the-answer, Squiddy and 2 others
Squiddy

Squiddy

Sep 4, 2019
Per my ritual of posting here every 1,000th post, this is 9,000 now. I'm very grateful for this community and my time here thus far.

I've learned alot from this place and talked to many amazing people. Thank you all so much for the love and support that I've received and continue to receive! :heart: :heart: :heart:
Glad to have you here Brick! :)

• Love
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and Brick In The Wall
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
So how's it going?
I can't complain too much I suppose. I've been staying busy with my new job and things are starting to fall back into place.

It makes me nervous when things start going well though. Something always happens to mess it up.

How're things on your end?

• Hugs
Reactions: AnxietyAttack44 and not-2-b-the-answer
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
Sitting here crafting bullets in RDR2 knowing full well I won't ever use them. Still gota have them though just in case! :))

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and AnxietyAttack44
D

draw a circle

out.
Apr 10, 2020
Went to a zoo yesterday and saw a snake eating a chicken alive. That's my first time seeing a snake capturing his prey and crushing it with its body. It was amazing. I took some pics, but one of the PR there said I can't post it anywhere because it could disturb people who loves animals. I mean, seeing a predator in action can be disturbing, but we all know snakes eat their prey alive right... but I understood and kept the pics to myself. Even my friends who came with me couldn't bear seeing it. My cousin told me that snakes at a zoo are usually being fed at night because they could take about 6 hours to fully digest the meal. The more you know! I love going to the zoo.

• Love
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, FusRohDracarys and Brick In The Wall
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
Went to a zoo yesterday and saw a snake eating a chicken alive. That's my first time seeing a snake capturing his prey and crushing it with its body. It was amazing. I took some pics, but one of the PR there said I can't post it anywhere because it could disturb people who loves animals. I mean, seeing a predator in action can be disturbing, but we all know snakes eat their prey alive right... but I understood and kept the pics to myself. Even my friends who came with me couldn't bear seeing it. My cousin told me that snakes at a zoo are usually being fed at night because they could take about 6 hours to fully digest the meal. The more you know! I love going to the zoo.
Sounds like you had a good time there. I haven't been to the zoo in ages. The whole predator prey thing is just a part of life like you say. People have just gotten too sensitive lately.

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and FusRohDracarys
D

draw a circle

out.
Apr 10, 2020
Sounds like you had a good time there. I haven't been to the zoo in ages. The whole predator prey thing is just a part of life like you say. People have just gotten too sensitive lately.
The interesting thing is snakes eat neatly like there's not even blood. I get that it's a sensitive content, I just think it's ridiculous to try and hide the fact that some animals eat other animals. I once wanted to be a vet, so wild life and animals in general is one of my interests.

Luckily, the zoo I went to was empty because I came on the opening day, and they didn't make a big announcement for it. If you're going to a zoo (or anywhere), be safe!

• Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, FusRohDracarys and Brick In The Wall
F

FusRohDracarys

But what do I know
Mar 31, 2020
Every time I get up, my cat takes my spot. It's starting to irritate me seeing as I've had to readjust my set up three times now.

• Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and Brick In The Wall
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
Every time I get up, my cat takes my spot. It's starting to irritate me seeing as I've had to readjust my set up three times now.
Our cats will actively try to take your spot while you're still sitting in it :pfff:

• Love
Reactions: FusRohDracarys and not-2-b-the-answer
F

faraway_beach

Seawater and stardust
Dec 30, 2019
Made it to the dispensary today! Had to get a third different (weaker) formulation because they don't seem to be restocking anything. I don't like having to experiment with the dosage each time, I wish I could just find something that works and stick with that.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lorntroubles and not-2-b-the-answer
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
Ugh I definitely alcohol poisoned myself yesterday. I was still able to play like 10 games of pool though, good times.

• Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer
Squiddy

Squiddy

Sep 4, 2019
Morning everyone

• Love
CynicalHopelessness

CynicalHopelessness

Messenger of Silence
Jan 9, 2020
Hey there @Squiddy. How are things going in your life?

• Hugs