not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
Update about @Taran
!!!!
Due to some unfavorable situations he wasn't able to CTB for these few days, grabbing the right opportunity yesterday at 2:40 AM IST he successfully CTBed using SN method (Stat dose).

We unexpectedly became good friends in a short duration of a month, we used to chat all day, play PUBG, recommend Music, Movies and all.

I was on call with him till the time he couldn't speak anymore, he told me to update you guys, if he doesn't message me the next morning (which he obviously didn't).

May he rest in peace.....

I hope that he is at peace. :heart: I'm sorry for your loss. :hug:

• Love
Reactions: paula1326, William Barker, Ksab and 1 other person
Painless_end

Painless_end

Life is too difficult for me
Oct 11, 2019
Update about @Taran
!!!!
Due to some unfavorable situations he wasn't able to CTB for these few days, grabbing the right opportunity yesterday at 2:40 AM IST he successfully CTBed using SN method (Stat dose).

We unexpectedly became good friends in a short duration of a month, we used to chat all day, play PUBG, recommend Music, Movies and all.

I was on call with him till the time he couldn't speak anymore, he told me to update you guys, if he doesn't message me the next morning (which he obviously didn't).

May he rest in peace.....
How do you know for sure if he's gone. What if he survived and is hospitalized ?

We should wait and watch for few more days.

Reactions: William Barker and Ksab
J

jgm63

Visionary
Oct 28, 2019
Hope he is at peace and has gone somewhere beautiful

:heart:

• Love
Reactions: William Barker and not-2-b-the-answer
Ksab

Ksab

Sorcerer
Dec 4, 2019
How do you know for sure if he's gone. What if he survived and is hospitalized ?

Yeah sure, I'll look out for a few more days and update you guys.

Reactions: William Barker, not-2-b-the-answer and x-Ace-x
InTheAirTonight

InTheAirTonight

I tried
Feb 29, 2020

No one survives 25g of SN. Unless he was found, unlikely.

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, Erase.myself and Ksab
Busdriver

Busdriver

Mage
Feb 11, 2020
I hope Taran succeeded. How brave of him to still go through with CTB. See you soon hopefully, bhai.:hug:

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Saed, William Barker and 1 other person
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
@Ksab, not sure if you're aware but @Taran was logged in a couple of hours ago. Could be that he survived, or someone has access to his device(s) or account, or he didn't attempt.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Kruger, Saed, Sensei and 4 others
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
@Ksab, not sure if you're aware but @Taran was logged in a couple of hours ago. Could be that he survived, or someone has access to his device(s) or account, or he didn't attempt.

If Taran is still around he is certainly welcome back. :hug: I've tried before unsuccessfully... so I totally understand. I didn't make a goodbye thread ā€¦ I wasn't even sure I could go through with it.

Reactions: Brink, Halo13, Deleted member 14573 and 3 others
Ksab

Ksab

Sorcerer
Dec 4, 2019
Update about @Taran
Apparently he was found active yesterday, I don't know what happened, I was in the impression that he's gone....
And I'm not a troll :aw: :notsure:
Could be police...could be Family member....could be Him also...I don't know why he didn't message me if he's alive. I'm just as confused as you guys.
Nope I wasn't aware of it, i don't use SS much.
He wasn't seen online on WhatsApp too.

Last edited:
  • Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: x-Ace-x, not-2-b-the-answer, Halo13 and 4 others
A

ashwin

Feb 19, 2020
Update about @Taran
Apparently he was found active yesterday, I don't know what happened, I was in the impression that he's gone....
And I'm not a troll :aw: :notsure:
Could be police...could be Family member....could be Him also...I don't know why he didn't message me if he's alive. I'm just as confused as you guys.

Nope I wasn't aware of it, i don't use SS much.
He wasn't seen online on WhatsApp too.
please share if u get any info about him

Reactions: canihavepeaceforonce, not-2-b-the-answer, Deleted member 14573 and 2 others
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
please share if u get any info about him

I appreciate that @Ksab would, but ultimately this is @Taran's responsibility. If he's alive, he may or may not take on that responsibility, but that's his choice.

This is one reason why I take issue with someone reporting to the forum that another member has ctb'd or don't memorials on their behalf. The pro-choice stance of this site includes self-determination. That means one is responsible to make things happen for themselves, from choosing their own methods to acting on it. Roping in others to do something that is their responsibility is not taking self-control.

Case in point, there is another member on this site who had a goodbye thread, and also asked another member to do a memorial thread. Her personal story was one that heightened emotions. Her name is crossed out, and now months later she regularly lurks the forum. I'm not going to out her, I figured it out for myself and others can too.

The point of that story alongside this events in this thread is that maintaining one's own boundaries, and allowing another to be responsible for acting on their own decisions, is healthy for both parties as well as the forum. I recognize many of us on SS have boundary issues and I'm not judging here, rather, I'm saying these events provide a good learning experience for all involved and all who observed. Own your own choices and actions, and allow others to own theirs; it may not always be comfortable, but it leads to better outcomes for all involved. BS also happens on this site, and maintaining ones own boundaries prevents being roped in only to discover having been played. I have no way of knowing if @Taran was manipulating @Ksab and the rest of us, but that's the point, we have no way of knowing if other members are legit.

Last edited:
  • Hmph!
Reactions: Cedi, Suez, Lastravel and 3 others
Lostandfound7

Lostandfound7

Just waiting....
Jan 21, 2020
I appreciate that @Ksab would, but ultimately this is @Taran's responsibility. If he's alive, he may or may not take on that responsibility, but that's his choice.

This is one reason why I take issue with someone reporting to the forum that another member has ctb'd or don't memorials on their behalf. The pro-choice stance of this site includes self-determination. That means one is responsible to make things happen for themselves, from choosing their own methods to acting on it. Roping in others to do something that is their responsibility is not taking self-control.

Case in point, there is another member on this site who had a goodbye thread, and also asked another member to do a memorial thread. Her personal story was one that heightened emotions. Her name is crossed out, and now months later she regularly lurks the forum. I'm not going to out her, I figured it out for myself and others can too.

The point of that story alongside this events in this thread is that maintaining one's own boundaries, and allowing another to be responsible for acting on their own decisions, is healthy for both parties as well as the forum. I recognize many of us on SS have boundary issues and I'm not judging here, rather, I'm saying these events provide a good learning experience for all involved and all who observed. Own your own choices and actions, and allow others to own theirs; it may not always be comfortable, but it leads to better outcomes for all involved. BS also happens on this site, and maintaining ones own boundaries prevents being roped in only to discover having been played. I have no way of knowing if @Taran was manipulating @Ksab and the rest of us, but that's the point, we have no way of knowing if other members are legit.
SMDH

Reactions: Deleted member 14573
G

GoneGoneGone

Enlightened
Apr 1, 2020

So in essence you're shaming @Taran if he's still alive and didn't go through with what he allegedly wanted.

If you don't wanna get "roped in" and want to maintain boundaries, here's an advice for you: don't come on SS.

You've also shamed me when I was in a super down moment of my life, claiming that I'm trying to embroil you and that you cannot handle it etc. Nobody is forcing you to be on this forum.

Guuuurrrrlll bye

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: Quarky00, disabledandhopeless, William Barker and 3 others
Lastravel

Lastravel

Feb 23, 2020
So in essence you're shaming @Taran if he's still alive and didn't go through with what he allegedly wanted.

If you don't wanna get "roped in" and want to maintain boundaries, here's an advice for you: don't come on SS.

You've also shamed me when I was in a super down moment of my life, claiming that I'm trying to embroil you and that you cannot handle it etc. Nobody is forcing you to be on this forum.

Guuuurrrrlll bye

Agree with that, the will to ctb is not something you can easily control, nor survival instinct. "Goodpersoneffed" should know that otherwise why would she still post here and not be gone ?

Remember that everyone makes his own choice ! Show support instead of making non sense accusation of manipulation or whatsoever. This is becoming ridiculous.

It's easy to mock people in distress while you're just sitting there and waiting for them to ctb. There is a fucking dozen of reasons why he didn't manage to ctb and no one has right to judge.

• Love
Reactions: x-Ace-x, Brackenshire and William Barker
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020

Guuuurrrrlll bye

Nope, I didn't shame @Taran. I have made observations based on my own perspective. I can't control your perceptions of what I say, nor his, nor anyone else's.

You've claimed here that I said you were trying to embroil me. I did not. I also did not say I couldn't handle it, but I did say what I perceived about the conversation, that I was choosing to exit it because of my perceptions, and wished you well.

Disagreement does not equal shaming. Constructive criticism based on observations does not equal shaming.

I could just as easily say to you if you can't handle direct and honest reflections of what you say, then don't post; that's akin to you saying if I want to maintain my own boundaries, then to leave. I'm not going to tell you any such thing, any more than I will take your suggestion. I have my place here, you have yours. @Taran has his. Folks say things in a forum, and others are going to respond to what was said.

Not everyone likes what I have to say, or how I say it. I'm not going to crumble here because not everyone agrees with me, likes me, approves of me, or gets where I'm coming from.

Reactions: Kruger and Cedi
L

Living sucks

Forced out of life before I wanted to leave
Mar 27, 2020
I think the issue here is that this particular case "appears" to be staged. And another member may have been "used" to report it. The effect something like this could have on a person could be devastating. This was a long drawn out thread that involved a lot of people and many who felt a connection to Taran.
I don't think anyone intends to shame anyone. Who knows? A family member or police may have been on the account looking for answers? He may be in the hospital? We may never know. If Taran is alive and this was staged, then he truly needs more help and this community would welcome him back.
In the case of crossed out names and lurking, i have seen names crossed out but appear to be posting, is this possible?
It's difficult to call people out here or claim bs bcuz you don't want to hurt them further.

• Love
Reactions: Kruger, not-2-b-the-answer, Lostandfound7 and 6 others
E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019

This comment is disrespectful towards both the original poster and user you are replying to. It is also inaccurate.
I will not say any more as this is a good bye thread.

But please refrain from using ad hominem arguments.

Reactions: Suez and Myforevercharlie
L

Living sucks

Mar 27, 2020
There was another case Monday that appeared successful and i added it to the SN thread and then they appeared yesterday saying they couldn't do it. So I deleted it.
I have tried 5 times using potassium salts, orally, rectally and via IV. Orally and rectally I didn't have enough PT to kill me, hospital recorded my levels at 8.5 wihich i needed them over 12 to be fatal. Via IV I absolutely could have succeeded but when I felt the burn in my hands, feet and heart, my SI kicked in even tho I wanted to ctb desperately. Shitty part is I DON'T want to die. But I am and can't stop it and suffering from it. I want the pain to stop, not my life to stop. So I'm the last person to judge anyone from chickening out.
If @Taran is still with us you are welcome back

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, William Barker, Soul and 1 other person
one4all

one4all

I'll put pennies on your eyes and it will go away.
Feb 3, 2020
I'm sorry i even mentioned this in the other thread :aw:

• Aww..
Reactions: William Barker
B

Brackenshire

Arcanist
Feb 23, 2020
Allways posturing..its okay to have a different view but not okay to demean the others view...we are equal here
Shouldnt argue points..its okay..i myself just want to be heard...its okay to disagree..not to be disagreeable about it
Allready regretting saying anything

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: GoneGoneGone, Myforevercharlie and William Barker
L

Living sucks

Mar 27, 2020
Not to derail this whole thread but i thought when a member made a goodbye post they were then banned? There are a few that appear to have ctbd that are still active.

AND you do not need to log in to view this page and all the posts, so IF a person staged their ctb, they can watch it as a guest. Why log on and risk it? You only need to be logged in to post.

*EDIT one other question. If someone ctbd while logged in and they passed out before they could log out, wouldn't their profile show them still logged in for however long ? Like some profiles show when a person is just viewing a thread. Wouldn't it show them viewing their own thread for a while?

Last edited:
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and William Barker
one4all

one4all

I'll put pennies on your eyes and it will go away.
Feb 3, 2020
@Living sucks
I think it might be better to make a different thread on that subject, instead of posting your question here.

Suez

Suez

Experienced
Feb 27, 2020

Guuuurrrrlll bye
I dont think that is what @GoodPersonEffed is trying to do. From what i know of Goodpersoneffed they would be the last person to name & shame someone. Hes always trying to look out for people and their best interests in this forum. Ive certainly come across some more than dubious people here, but you get that on any forum right? I believe that what Goodpersoneffed is trying to do is alert people that there are some people in this forum with less than genuine reasons for being here. They were not saying that @Taran was one of them. They were bringing to our attention some situations that have taken place on this forum where people have taken advantage of other people emotions and suseptability by getting them unknowlingly involved in their "suicide", getting them to post epitaphs after their suicide etc etc It highlights also how easy it is for some people to be taken in and used in such a dispicable way. Most of us in this forum have been through incredibly painfull experiences in our lives, many of which have led us to contemplate suicide. To know that there are people among us trying to take advantage of us when we are already down is disgusting. Im glad that people like Goodpersoneffed are out there and taking the time to alert us to these things.

Reactions: x-Ace-x, not-2-b-the-answer, Donk and 2 others
G

GoneGoneGone

Enlightened
Apr 1, 2020
I think that users can read for themselves what was said and by whom and make an informed decision as to who displayed ethical arguments, and who did not.

I understand that some users may potentially perceive as if they had been victims of a hoax.

But look at what the comments on this thread have led to: there is literally a person on this thread explaining how and why they couldn't ctb. This is unbelievable!

When you hear hoof beats, think horses, not zebra. If Taran was online, it might have potentially been the family or police. What would the police do when they saw the type of comments that were made here? Two words: Michelle Carter.

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, Myforevercharlie, Brackenshire and 2 others
InTheAirTonight

InTheAirTonight

I tried
Feb 29, 2020
I think Taran is really gone

• Aww..
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, Myforevercharlie and William Barker
L

Living sucks

Mar 27, 2020
@GoneGoneGone you are right, my apology. I was trying to make a point that I'm humiliated in my failed attempts by people who don't understand and that he shouldn't be ashamed here if he can't do it. Specifics should have been Omitted.
We may never know. I just feel duped here unfortunately. I hope he's at peace no matter the outcome.

• Love
Reactions: GoneGoneGone, William Barker, Brackenshire and 2 others
G

GoneGoneGone

Enlightened
Apr 1, 2020
@GoneGoneGone you are right, my apology. I was trying to make a point that I'm humiliated in my failed attempts by people who don't understand and that he shouldn't be ashamed here if he can't do it. Specifics should have been Omitted.
We may never know. I just feel duped here unfortunately. I hope he's at peace no matter the outcome.
Oh I'm so sorry, there's nothing to apologize for, I apologize. You said exactly what I meant, that no one should shame people who say they would and couldn't do it. We all have survival instincts, that's why we were born :). I'm sorry you feel this way on this forum...

Last edited:
Quarky00

Quarky00

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2019
BS also happens on this site, and maintaining ones own boundaries prevents being roped in only to discover having been played. I have no way of knowing if @Taran was manipulating @Ksab and the rest of us, but that's the point, we have no way of knowing if other members are legit.
Those insinuations and speculations on a goodbye thread are disrespectful . "I have no way of knowing if X was my manipulating Y" sounds so naive but it's harming OP who is probably at peril , and his friend who is clearly distressed . There's a time and a way to say things , and while the skeptic opinion has its place -- casting such heavy doubts on ctb is a bad practice .

While speaking about boundaries and self-determination as 'healthy' -- I'm not sure that post was 'healthy'. And now, following that post, people here say this was staged and fake.

@Taran was (is) a good honest guy!! :heart: (and @Ksab appears the same)
Suggesting otherwise, potentially, just for the sake of argument, is bad & sad.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Lastravel, GoneGoneGone, William Barker and 2 others
J

jgm63

Visionary
Oct 28, 2019

It's obviously great to have your own highly developed values and views, but IMO you should be selective about where/when you express them.
In this instance it's not clear (to me) that anything underhanded (etc) was taking place, so I don't know that it was necessary for you to state your view on the matter.... (unless I'm missing something ? I confess I haven't read the whole thread)

• Love
Reactions: Lastravel, GoneGoneGone, William Barker and 1 other person