• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

CFLoser

CFLoser

I fcking hate myself
Dec 5, 2018
over the past few months I have been increasingly concerned about my nutrition. There are 2 aspects to achieve with nutrition.

1. Health
2. Longevity

I don't really care about longevity but I want good health. I want to be healthy and happy if possible, but it's just so impossible.

I was vegan for a while and though I felt good, there are so many people who swear it ruined their health, their... well whatever's i don't really feel like writing anymore. Gonna read more manga see u guys later.

My main point was: good nutrition/diet is necessary for sustainable happiness but everything is so confusing it's impossible and just anxiety inducing to eat anything.
Eat flax seed -> omg phytic acid!!
Eat blueberries -> don't eat too much! Also u need fat
Eat grains -> phytic acid and potentially bad digestion
Eat fish -> mercury!!!
Eat eggs -> cholesterol

It feels like there is no way to win. It's super dumb and just....... dumb idk.

Reactions: anelakapu, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Wolfjob_dayjob and 5 others
TheCrow

TheCrow

Invisible Spirit
Sep 26, 2018
my idea of eating healthy is eating smaller amounts of shitty food. I'm not going to stop eating chips & candy. I am a vegetarian, for what it's worth.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Wolfjob_dayjob, Memento Mori and 7 others
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
Nutrition is fucking hopeless. "Eat berries, they fight cancer." "Watch out for sugar content in fruit unless you want diabetes." Like fuck my whole life. I gave up on eating well years ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: anelakapu, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Wolfjob_dayjob and 6 others
Rollo

Rollo

No pasaran
Aug 13, 2018
I personally follow Mariusz Pudzianowski diet. Guy is an outstanding strongman champion, yet unlike nearly all other top strongman athletes he was always exceptionally ripped. So once he was asked whether he follows any diet and his answer was 'my diet is I always eat whatever I want, whenether I want'. So that's my diet too, unless I need to lose weight and even then I prefer to move more rather than to cut calories.

To me any food is healthy unless it's actually poisonous like death cap mushroom. Obesity can cause health problems, but in order to control it you don't have to give up KFC or candy entirely. Food is a major source of happiness in life, so depriving yourself of this source by switching to less tasty food will by itself affect happiness.

I know many swear that switching to 'healthy foods' made them actually feel better but I'm skeptical. I think it's more of a wishful thinking and being glad they're following the rules, doing it "right" when it comes to food.

As far as reducing the risk of disease goes I didn't see any studies to suggest some foods have clear benefit when obesity is taken out of the picture. But even if they do. Say tommorow we'll find some entirely tasteless vegetable which alone serves all of the human's nutritional needs and cuts your chance of cancer in half. Then all of the today's supposedly healthy foods will immediately become junk food by this logic.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Memento Mori and NumbItAll
WayOut

WayOut

Experienced
Oct 26, 2018
@Johnnythefox had salad for dinner. It was tuna salad. Then he got the flu.

Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob, ReadyasEver, TheCrow and 2 others
lost illusions

lost illusions

bye
Sep 12, 2018
I have to eat dam near everything I can just to maintain weight

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Wolfjob_dayjob and CFLoser
Glim

Glim

Student
Jan 28, 2019
In a way, there is no "good" health, only less bad since we are always decaying.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Wolfjob_dayjob and CFLoser
J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
@Johnnythefox had salad for dinner. It was tuna salad. Then he got the flu.

There is a warning there, I'm steering clear of salad. Sticking to chocolate only.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Wolfjob_dayjob, TheCrow and 3 others
P

polyswarm

Sep 8, 2018
Best book I have read on nutrition: The Perfect Health Diet - Paul Jaminet
Written by a couple, both Ph.D's, who take a very scientific approach. They cite plenty of studies in the book, but you can skip that stuff and just read the practical chapters if you don't care about the science.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
P

polyswarm

Sep 8, 2018
As for dental health specifically, (not sure if you were wondering about this, because it wasn't in your post, only the title),
Cure Tooth Decay - Ramiel Nagel

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and CFLoser
lost illusions

lost illusions

bye
Sep 12, 2018
Everyone needs more magnesium, eat more chocolate

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and TheCrow
J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Wolfjob_dayjob, TheCrow and 3 others
kimi

kimi

Gutter Girl
Feb 5, 2019
Yesssss!!!!

Edit: apologies for "short low effort poor quality post"
Imo there's no such thing as a low-quality post if it's about chocolate. <3

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Wolfjob_dayjob, TheCrow and 2 others
lost illusions

lost illusions

bye
Sep 12, 2018
Imo there's no such thing as a low-quality post if it's about chocolate. <3
Hey, someone agrees with me.

I get a cookie hehe

Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob, TheCrow, kimi and 1 other person
TheCrow

TheCrow

Invisible Spirit
Sep 26, 2018
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Wolfjob_dayjob and 15dec
CFLoser

CFLoser

I fcking hate myself
Dec 5, 2018
As for dental health specifically, (not sure if you were wondering about this, because it wasn't in your post, only the title),
Cure Tooth Decay - Ramiel Nagel
I have read that... that is what just confuses me so much. I try to consume more dairy, and I take K2 supplements.

I assume that, if your teeth are decaying, then the minerals and stuff aren't going to the right places.

Of course, I often like to eat candy when i feel depressed and sad so it's kind of silly for me to even care other times.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Wolfjob_dayjob
Wolfjob_dayjob

Wolfjob_dayjob

Student
Oct 19, 2018
Stop stop, you're setting off the other othorexics haha! ...I'm worried about my teeth but scared of all the debt I'll get with the surgery to make em stop hurting. Anyway...soon. I just have to put my head down and charge- I don't want to be in pain.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and CFLoser