• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
Before anyone comments and says that this information is false, it is bidden few years since I have looked into this common food staple, so I'm not 100% sure if all of this is up-to-date as of now…

Forbidden rice is the health because of the anthocyanins. Its tasty and healthy, packed with antioxidants. Whole and integral is healthier. Red rice is healthier than black which is healthier than brown which is healthier than white. Wild rice is not actually rice. It is a grass seed. Rice is also a grass seed, but they are not the same genus or species.

But the healthier rice types are higher in arsenic compared to white rice. The problem is that almost all rice contains arsenic and brown rice is by far the most contaminated. Its a major problem in rice. Arsenic is a pretty potent carcinogen and rice is one of the most heavily afflicted products that's consumed in large quantities. There's a pretty good case to be made that almost no rice is healthy. Make sure to buy rice that has low levels of arsenic. To mitigate your risk, choose brown basmati rice from California, India, or Pakistan and cook it like pasta (cook it in excess water, so that the rice doesn't absorb all the water it is cooked in). It's might also be prudent to try other whole grains in place of rice when you can.

Rice off the field is brown. The bran shell has all the nutrition. Peal that off and what's left is empty calories. Jasmine is just a set of rice cultivars, its usually sold polished (ie, white). Jasmine rice is just a type of rice. Like a butternut is a type of squash or a Granny Smith is a type of apple. And any type of rice is available both as a "white" and a "brown" variety. Because "brown" just means that the bran hasn't been polished off, like it has been for "white" rice. And of course you can buy any type of rice, including Jasmine, with the bran still intact. It's just a question of finding a shop that sells it. In the case of Jasmine I believe "white" is the most common type, but brown Jasmine rice definitely exists. The healthiest rice will undoubtedly be some brown (unpolished) rice, that retains the bran and germ. Take your pick of cultivar. All white/polished rices are largely bereft of fiber, innate vitamins (by law, some are added back via fortification) and phytosterols like the cholesterol lowering γ-oryzanol. Polished rice is nearly entirely starch. Not bad (like other refined grains its pretty neutral in prospective epidemiology), so much as a missed opportunity to eat something healthier. Whole grains always win this contest. White rice isn't as nutritious as brown rice, it has a little more fiber but if you're mixing it with beans and other ingredients, the fiber content really shouldn't matter since your other ingredients would have fiber of their own. There are ways to turn some of the starch into resistant starch, which behaves more like fiber, but again, you're probably eating legumes and other fiber rich food with your rice and it's probably not worth bothering.
http://www.rsc.org/chemistryworld/2015/03/low-calorie-healthy-rice-resistant-starch

"It is commonly believed that brown rice provides more nutrition when compared to white rice, but if we consider the amount of nutrition made useful through digestion, this belief may not be entirely true."
https://www.abokichi.com/blogs/news...cemic index of haiga,than most types of bread

It's generally about GI (glycemic index). Wholegrain basmati has really low GI compared to white and long grain rice. Jasmine rice has quite high GI I believe because it is quite high in sugars. 'White' carbs tend to have higher GI so burn off quicker. So for feeling fuller for longer, lower GI foods are better. For example sugars have a high GI so can cause insulin spikes due to burning off quickly. But in simple terms eat what carbs you like. No food is inherently 'bad', it's more about calorific density. If you combine white rice with food that is high in fiber you don't have to worry that much about GI index or things like that. Combining white rice with vegetables, and some kind of protein source will work. Make sure theres no added chemicals like roboflavin. It shouldn't be a worry to eat jasmine cause you should be getting your proteib abs nutrients from better sources, rice is primarily to satiate you.
Brown rice has phytic acid, while phytic acid binds certain minerals, its effect on overall mineral absorbtion is minimal - your gut bacteria are quite capable of breaking up the bond. Phytic acid also happens to have positive health effects in its own right. Phytic acid gets a bad rep, inorganic arsenic in brown rice is the more concerning factor.
Alas, brown rice also requires considerably more emissions for home cooking (unless purchased in parboiled form), and has a short shelf life, thanks to the fats in the germ and bran.

http://nutritionfacts.org/video/if-white-rice-is-linked-to-diabetes-what-about-china/

It's fine in moderate amounts, but hardly "health food".

DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
What about golden rice?
Given recent controversies on this forum, I've tried to avoid more controversial content (it being environmentally controversial to some and being a GMO. I'm not debating its health benefits and I'm not going to open the can of worms on GMO's and say that they're good or bad but I was trying to simply minimize controversies).

Excellent point though! 👍

sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that's just me
Sep 13, 2023
Given recent controversies on this forum, I've tried to avoid more controversial content (it being environmentally controversial to some and being a GMO. I'm not debating its health benefits and I'm not going to open the can of worms on GMO's and say that they're good or bad but I was trying to simply minimize controversies).

Excellent point though! 👍
Lol you're so funny

Reactions: Homo erectus
DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
So, rice bad?
TL:DR it's fine in moderate amounts, but hardly "health food."
So, rice bad?
It's not really bad for you its just food is kind of a zero sum game - Blueberries are healthier than bananas.
I wouldn't sweat it.
And don't sweat the small stuff, you'll drown. Eat what makes you feel good.

Last edited:
MindFrog

MindFrog

:Professional Hypocrite:
Nov 19, 2020
As a frequent rice eater, i see the pros on cons especially budget wise.

But honestly even our country's health department recommends to substitute corn grits instead. For increased fiber and less carbs.

DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
As a frequent rice eater, i see the pros on cons especially budget wise.

But honestly even our country's health department recommends to substitute corn grits instead. For increased fiber and less carbs.
I would be very wary of the USDA's food recommendations. The food pyramid is very strongly influenced by lobbyists. Just generally speaking.

Again, rice isn't the best or the worst.

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
I would be very wary of the USDA's food recommendations. The food pyramid is very strongly influenced by lobbyists. Just generally speaking.

Again, rice isn't the best or the worst.
What about cereals/wheat/gluten/grains (carbs)? Personally, I think they're bad for you, but I don't know why they make the bottom of the pyramid. Probably due to the lobbying, right? I stopped eating them and feel much better

Homo erectus

Homo erectus

Mage
Mar 7, 2023
Rice (and similar crops such as wheat) probably marks the beginning of large-scale slavery. People in general can't grow rice at home.They lose control of their staple food supply and have to rely on and obey the society. Rice-growing is very efficient at large scale, make mega-cities, and large-scale, concentrated, slavery possible and cheap, the beginning of human factory.

Reactions: sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Rice (and similar crops such as wheat) probably marks the beginning of large-scale slavery. People in general can't grow rice at home.They lose control of their staple food supply and have to rely on and obey the society. Rice-growing is very efficient at large scale, make mega-cities, and large-scale, concentrated, slavery possible and cheap, the beginning of human factory.
I agree. All of our problems started when humanity settled down and started farming. I wish that we never became agrarian and instead stayed as hunter-gatherers. Wheat also brainwashes the masses, gluten is bad for you. Rice as well

DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
I agree. All of our problems started when humanity settled down and started farming. I wish that we never became agrarian and instead stayed as hunter-gatherers. Wheat also brainwashes the masses, gluten is bad for you. Rice as well
There is some evidence that without farming clearing forests and rice paddies emitting methane (starting a few thousand years ago) we would be entering a new Ice Age by now.
What about cereals/wheat/gluten/grains (carbs)? Personally, I think they're bad for you, but I don't know why they make the bottom of the pyramid. Probably due to the lobbying, right? I stopped eating them and feel much better

Last edited:
Yuki_03

Yuki_03

I really can't take it
Aug 9, 2023
Our diet is so messed up nowadays. Carbohydrates being the base of the pyramid is so unhelpful, and it isn't good advice for the vast majority of the population. I know each body digests differently, but having basically the synonym of sugar in the base, because "it is a fast source of energy". Bitch, I lost 3 fucking kilograms by reducing my carb intake. You don't have to go keto, but getting a good diet, a more varied than carbs are good and meat bad, would help a lot. I use the Harvard plate instead of the pyramid and it's so much fucking useful.
Healthy Eating Plate | The Nutrition Source | Harvard T.H. Chan School of  Public Health

DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
Our diet is so messed up nowadays. Carbohydrates being the base of the pyramid is so unhelpful, and it isn't good advice for the vast majority of the population. I know each body digests differently, but having basically the synonym of sugar in the base, because "it is a fast source of energy". Bitch, I lost 3 fucking kilograms by reducing my carb intake. You don't have to go keto, but getting a good diet, a more varied than carbs are good and meat bad, would help a lot. I use the Harvard plate instead of the pyramid and it's so much fucking useful.
Healthy Eating Plate | The Nutrition Source | Harvard T.H. Chan School of  Public Health
Yeah, people are different and there is a lot of lobbying.

Just going through the history of humans. Our species emerged as the master omnivour of planet earth. Capable of extremely diverse eating but also dependent on dietary diversity both physically and psychologically. We are not koala bear that can blithely survive on eucalyptus leaves alone.

Starting out with just facts, it's a fact that your great-great-great-great-great-great-great grandparents were omnivours. So you might be a vegan, vegetarian, pescatarian, paleo, fruitarian, Atkins diet, macrobiotic, blah, blah, blah but you have to admit at some point the diet of humans was clearly vary wide ranging.

There's a wide variety of foods we should eat and there are for sure some foods we shouldn't eat. If you look at a book by Westin Price he wrote in the early 1900's. He traveled around the world to healthiest groups of people, people who lived the longest before we had the modern diet. We do know scientically, processed foods are pretty universally unhealthy for there are a few exceptions. But when Westin Price traveled around the world he was very surprised, he didn't find any vegetarians or vegans. And he found that people that lived past 100 years old in Italy are diets high in fats and beans and people in the Caucus Mountains in the Ukraine and Russia were living past 100, very healthy and they were eating dairy and yogurt. And the Hunzas in India were eating goat meat and goat cheese and glaciated water they were drinking. And Eskimos were eating blubber. You see it's hard to find a universal one. I believe there are some universal laws. Read wide, be eclectic in what you read. Look deeper into diets, try to disprove yourself. I think when I've read the countless books I've read on diets, there's some universals. They all agree you should eat a lot of vegetables. Whether you're paleo, Arnold Schwarzenegger body builder or vegetarian. You need things like water, keep processed foods and sugar to a minimum. We know this. Beyond that, there's a lot up for grabs.

cjs0712

cjs0712

Waiting to die
Feb 8, 2024
did a scoop of rice led you to suicide ideation? this is so random. But tbh, i've always preferred bread over rice, not going to lie rice did damage my life a little.
did a scoop of rice led you to suicide ideation? this is so random. But tbh, i've always preferred bread over rice, not going to lie rice did damage my life a little.
oh it's a different forum..

Homo erectus

Homo erectus

Mage
Mar 7, 2023
There is some evidence that without farming clearing forests and rice paddies emitting methane (starting a few thousand years ago) we would be entering a new Ice Age by now.

DNA will sort that out. Everyone will become that Wim Hof guy. There are people living in Siberia, constantly -30C and lower.

DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
DNA will sort that out. Everyone will become that Wim Hof guy. There are people living in Siberia, constantly -30C and lower.
Yes, there are but I'm saying without the advent of agriculture, there likely would have already been a new ice age already. Humanity didn't extinguish in the volcanic nuclear winter (almost though, got down to between 3,000-6,000 people on the planet from the estimates I've see ) and the Last Glacial Maximum.