O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022
Three people in last week or so jumped to their deaths in Manhattan

Vegan Antinatalist

Vegan Antinatalist

Jul 17, 2023
I am always searching for news stories on suicide to learn about the people's circumstances that lead to their ctb. If you have stories please share

I also really love reading these things!! I have always wished there was a true crime section for suicide stuff. I dont want to hear stories of people glorifying murderers and sharing so much personal information about their victims!!! I want to hear about peoples suicides and know their stories and validate them

Reactions: Alcoholic Teletubby
Ironweed

Ironweed

Nauseated.
Nov 9, 2019
Not exactly suicide related, but definitely worth noting for those thinking institutionalization might be worth trying here in burgerland...

How a Leading Chain of Psychiatric Hospitals Traps Patients NY Times (paywall) / Archive Link (no paywall)
Acadia Healthcare is holding people against their will to maximize insurance payouts, a Times investigation found.

Acadia Healthcare is one of America's largest chains of psychiatric hospitals. Since the pandemic exacerbated a national mental health crisis, the company's revenue has soared. Its stock price has more than doubled.

But a New York Times investigation found that some of that success was built on a disturbing practice: Acadia has lured patients into its facilities and held them against their will, even when detaining them was not medically necessary.

In at least 12 of the 19 states where Acadia operates psychiatric hospitals, dozens of patients, employees and police officers have alerted the authorities that the company was detaining people in ways that violated the law, according to records reviewed by The Times. In some cases, judges have intervened to force Acadia to release patients.
etc., etc. Just another day in the Land of the Free. 😐