Status
Not open for further replies.
livefreeorpeace

livefreeorpeace

Jun 14, 2020
Does anyone currently have an active online dating profile? How do you feel about seeking a partner when you know that you want to CTB?
Does anyone currently have an active online dating profile? How do you feel about seeking a partner when you know that you want to CTB?
I have a profile that I currently use, I've even made what I feel to be a good connection recently. But then I remember the head space I have been in for a decade and a half, and it brings me a great amount of guilt. Am I wasting this person's time? Even if she is the 'one' I don't believe it would keep me from taking that ride. Am I wrong to hold out on this information??

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: shush, Ghost2211, Fehler and 3 others
Isadeth

Isadeth

Visionary
Jun 12, 2020
I wouldn't just volunteer that information, and at the same time I wouldn't disconnect from seeking a partner either. You never know, it could give you a new perspective on life and allow you to enjoy what time you have if you pursue her.

While I always have my suicidal thoughts and ideation, my mental state changes regularly. Some days are obviously better than others.

I say take the leap with her and see where it goes.

• Hugs
Reactions: BeautifulMosaics, ISeeRed, Bigpink and 8 others
livefreeorpeace

livefreeorpeace

Jun 14, 2020
I wouldn't just volunteer that information, and at the same time I wouldn't disconnect from seeking a partner either. You never know, it could give you a new perspective on life and allow you to enjoy what time you have if you pursue her.

While I always have my suicidal thoughts and ideation, my mental state changes regularly. Some days are obviously better than others.

I say take the leap with her and see where it goes.
I sincerely appreciate that, thank you. It means a lot, really it does.

• Hugs
Reactions: ISeeRed, Ghost2211 and Isadeth
W

woknows

Experienced
Dec 12, 2020
I agree. If loneliness is a big part of the reason for planning suicide. Do you not own yourself to try finding someone and be happy for a change?

Reactions: BeautifulMosaics, rosedavinci, searchingfreedom and 3 others
livefreeorpeace

livefreeorpeace

Jun 14, 2020
I agree. If loneliness is a big part of the reason for planning suicide. Do you not own yourself to try finding someone and be happy for a change?
There's a lot to unpack here, the question you pose is a deep one. I'm going to put some serious thought to it, I don't want to come to an impulsive decision on this one. Thank you.

Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
Yes, I met someone a few weeks ago, out of the 90% trolls you have usually on these apps, sometimes you meet a nice person. Guess I was lucky. Hope you find that happiness too so somehow. Hugs
Edit, I also told him this week abou my mental issues, I thought he would avoid me but no, he stick around.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: BeautifulMosaics, sunburst, ISeeRed and 6 others
MewtwoIsAlive

MewtwoIsAlive

Suffering
Jul 11, 2020
Stopped looking for a partner for several years now, I know I am done.

• Hugs
Reactions: sunburst, oneday, Bigpink and 7 others
livefreeorpeace

livefreeorpeace

Jun 14, 2020
Yes, I met someone a few weeks ago, out of the 90% trolls you have usually on these apps, sometimes you meet a nice person. Guess I was lucky. Hope you find that happiness too so somehow. Hugs
Edit, I also told him this week abou my mental issues, I thought he would avoid me but no, he stick around.
Thank you. I'm keeping my hopes high, and expectations low. And I won't be sleeping with her (unless we're married of course) it's easier to break it off with someone if you don't have that physical connection, in my estimation.
Stopped looking for a partner for several years now, I know I am done.
I'm right there with you, but it's not as cut and dry for me, I wish it could be though. That's where I'm having trouble, and why I'm feeling guilty I suppose.

Last edited:
Puffinz

Puffinz

Dec 7, 2020
Personally I feel irresponsible getting in a relationship with anyone since I'm planning to ctb in ~2 weeks. If you have a loose idea that you want to ctb and don't plan on doing it soon I'd say it's okay to get involved with people because it could help you get better. But since I've already made the choice that I'm going to die I wouldn't want to drag anyone else into it just because I'm lonely. Not that I could form a new relationship with a girl anyway.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: _Minsk, MrBlue, demuic and 3 others
livefreeorpeace

livefreeorpeace

Jun 14, 2020
Personally I feel irresponsible getting in a relationship with anyone since I'm planning to ctb in ~2 weeks. If you have a loose idea that you want to ctb and don't plan on doing it soon I'd say it's okay to get involved with people because it could help you get better. But since I've already made the choice that I'm going to die I wouldn't want to drag anyone else into it just because I'm lonely. Not that I could form a new relationship with a girl anyway.
I appreciate the nuanced position, I feel as if the context it provides is important. That being said, I'm swinging wildly from the pendulum on this one. Once I reach a final decision, I'll be sure to update here.

Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
Online dating is trash. Avoid it. You'll be scraping the bottom of the barrel of what humanity has to offer. Top tier women don't need apps to meet men. When they go on apps, it's for validation purposes or to acquire new customers for their camshow, onlyfans, etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: OrdinaryDay, not4us, happiestman and 1 other person
livefreeorpeace

livefreeorpeace

Jun 14, 2020
That's a wide net to cast across online dating as a whole, that being said, I certainly cannot disagree with you. The good people I have found on those sites (and they are few and far in between) are certainly on the margin, no doubt about that.

MewtwoIsAlive

MewtwoIsAlive

Suffering
Jul 11, 2020
Online dating is trash. Avoid it. You'll be scraping the bottom of the barrel of what humanity has to offer. Top tier women don't need apps to meet men. When they go on apps, it's for validation purposes or to acquire new customers for their camshow, onlyfans, etc.

Thats not true, sorry to tell you that but its your imagination.
There are many lost women who seek relationships and friends online. They are human beings with feelings like us.

• Love
Reactions: Marine, BeautifulMosaics, ISeeRed and 2 others
Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
Thats not true, sorry to tell you that but its your imagination.
There are many lost women who seek relationships and friends online. They are human beings with feelings like us.
And I think that stems from your imagination.

• Aww..
Reactions: livefreeorpeace
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I've decided not to date anybody neither online nor IRL because I'm too suicidal and it'd be a waste of time for that person. Also, I could hurt her feelings seriously and I would never want that to happen.

I guess being alone is the best until I ctb next year.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: _Minsk, Fehler, demuic and 1 other person
livefreeorpeace

livefreeorpeace

Jun 14, 2020
I've decided not to date anybody neither online nor IRL because I'm too suicidal and it'd be a waste of time for that person. Also, I could hurt her feelings seriously and I would never want that to happen.

I guess being alone is the best until I ctb next year.
Possessing a conscience makes for a tough time doesn't it? If it's any consolation, you're in good company with me hermano.
And I think that stems from your imagination.
It's easy to think of women as an AI protocol sometimes (and based on the behavior of a lot of them I don't think that's entirely unfair) but Mew is right, they are in fact human beings with feelings. I believe it would be beneficial to make common cause with them, because let's be honest most of them are just as 'broken' as we are.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: ISeeRed and WornOutLife
livefreeorpeace

livefreeorpeace

Jun 14, 2020
It's easy to think of men as a AI protocol sometimes (and based on the behavior of a lot of them I don't think that's entirely unfair) but they are in fact human beings with feelings. (Does that sound offensive? It does to me, just saying....) But it's nice of you to remind everyone we are human.
I'm sorry (and disappointed) you took it that way, had I been talking to female I would have used 'men' in place of 'women'. But in this example I was talking to a dude so that's why 'women' was used. Additionally, I created this thread out of a place of empathy for others, you are attempting to hijack it for selfish reasons, that is what is truly offensive. I'd like this thread to be about how our ideation affects others (in the dating world in particular) you just want to make it about yourself. That's selfish, and if you don't owe me and apology, you certainly owe one to whoever else has participated in this thread. This is a serious subject and should be treated as such. Cheers. And hey, I understand that this is a suicide fourm, but perhaps you think about someone other than yourself for a change.

V

Varstraben

Student
May 25, 2020
I tried, but the rare matches I've got, either they does not answer, or I'm acting so creepy that I scare them and they delete me (even when they said they like dark humor...)
Fun fact : some of them ignored me when I told them that I just wanted to talk and not doing sex things with them, even if they say in their profile that they just want to talk too.

Women are strange creatures.

Reactions: livefreeorpeace
livefreeorpeace

livefreeorpeace

Jun 14, 2020
It's nice of you to remind everyone we are human. As you point out, it's easy to forget that probably, and it's our own fault too.
Additionally, I'm suicidal clown shoes, your virtue signaling means fuck all to me. Grow up, and treat your peers with a little respect.

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
Grow up, and treat your peers with a little respect.
I will if you will. I didn't realize people had to be reminded we are human. I mean that in all seriousness.
they are in fact human beings with feelings.
Try to imagine if instead of talking about women you were talking about a certain race, or a people from a certain country this way, do you see what I mean? For example if someone said "it's easy to forget people from xyz are human and in fact they act un human, but they are humans with feelings."

Last edited:
livefreeorpeace

livefreeorpeace

Jun 14, 2020
I will if you will. I didn't realize people had to be reminded we are human. I mean that in all seriousness.
Was I not the one giving that reminder? Go home karen, you're drunk.

Try to imagine if instead of talking about women you were talking about a certain race, or a people from a certain country this way, do you see what I mean?
Oh, so kind of like that racist nonsense you left as a message on my profile. Context is important, it would serve you well to remember that.

Try to imagine if instead of talking about women you were talking about a certain race, or a people from a certain country this way, do you see what I mean? For example if someone said "it's easy to forget people from xyz are human and in fact they act un human, but they are humans with feelings."
So shall I spill the beans on the psychology behind what it is you're doing here? Or would you just like to apologize and go about your Merry business? Ball is in your court.

Last edited:
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
Go home karen, you're drunk.
Didn't you just ask to be treated with respect? I have said or left no racist messages to you. I have no idea nor do I care about your race or anyone else's.

Reactions: _Minsk
livefreeorpeace

livefreeorpeace

Jun 14, 2020
Didn't you just ask to be treated with respect? I have said or left no racist messages to you.
It's a turn of phrase, and was used because it is contemporarily relevant. So any Psych 101 student could tell you what is going on here, but allow me to break it down for you. You're threatened by the shine that I'm getting, my high verbal IQ, or both. There's no need to be jealous, I suspect we could both learn a lot from one another.
I tried, but the rare matches I've got, either they does not answer, or I'm acting so creepy that I scare them and they delete me (even when they said they like dark humor...)
Fun fact : some of them ignored me when I told them that I just wanted to talk and not doing sex things with them, even if they say in their profile that they just want to talk too.

Your experience is not unique to you, based on my own experience and from talking to other dudes that have used these sites. Keep digging hermano, there are good people out there.

Last edited:
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
or I'm acting so creepy that I scare them and they delete me
Do you have any idea why they would say that? You mentioned dark humor. It might be a clue to something.

livefreeorpeace

livefreeorpeace

Jun 14, 2020

For the love of God how many times are you going to edit this one? You're not trying to debate or make any kind of point at all, evidenced by the fact that you continue to move the goal post. You're out of your depth here, punching above your weight class, Et al, choose your favorite cliche. Your attempting a master thesis level conversation, and haven't even illustrated that you know how to add two and two together yet. It's a bad look, not to mention unflattering. Humility is a word that needs to make it into your personal dictionary.

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
For the love of God how many times are you going to edit this one? You're not trying to debate or make any kind of point at all, evidenced by the fact that you continue to move the goal post. You're out of your depth here, punching above your weight class, Et al, choose your favorite cliche. Your attempting a master thesis level conversation, and haven't even illustrated that you know how to add two and two together yet. It's a bad look, not to mention unflattering. Humility is a word that needs to make it into your personal dictionary.
I thought this was over. I had forgotten about it already.

Your post is showing my messages, number 21, exactly as I wrote it and claiming I changed it?

For the love of God how many times are you going to edit this one?
I didn't edit that at all, you just quoted it exactly as it is shown in my post 21. I'm now moved on from this.

Last edited:
livefreeorpeace

livefreeorpeace

Jun 14, 2020
I thought this was over. I had forgotten about it already.
Chan culture dictates, it's over when I say it's over, you don't just get to come in here and hijack my thread without any pushback. Sorry, not sorry. This ends when you apologize, or I block you. Those are the terms, period.
Chan culture dictates, it's over when I say it's over, you don't just get to come in here and hijack my thread without any pushback. Sorry, not sorry. This ends when you apologize, or I block you. Those are the terms, period.
Image posting boards have their own decorum, perhaps you get with the program. I only have one suggestion for you, lurk more.

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
it's over when I say it's over
I honestly have more to worry about than this. So whatever it is eating at you that I did I apologize and now let us have a peaceful happy day.

Reactions: BitterlyAlive_
Status
Not open for further replies.