Status
Not open for further replies.
V

Varstraben

Student
May 25, 2020
Do you have any idea why they would say that? You mentioned dark humor. It might be a clue to something.
When I don't know how to approach someone I use a lot of dark humor to reassure myself, but I look more like a creepy psychopath stalker than a potential good relationship at these moments, stress mixed by dark humor (sometime accidental) or absurd scenario sound scary for some people.

• Hugs
Reactions: Ghost2211 and Fehler
livefreeorpeace

livefreeorpeace

Jun 14, 2020
Do you know what a BNAP is?
BNAP is a bullshit non-apology, that's what you gave. Suggesting that you somehow got under my skin (when the opposite is the case) is a backhanded way of saving face and illustrates emotional immaturity. But I'll accept your apology anyhow, and in the future you're going to pay more respect to your betters.

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
When I don't know how to approach someone I use a lot of dark humor to reassure myself, but I look more like a creepy psychopath stalker
Yes I'm familiar with how being shy in my case results in being misunderstood because of how I'm doing things people don't realize is due to shyness. So I can sympathize with you. At least you realize what is causing it and can maybe find other ways of communicating but I realize it's not easy to do. It takes a lot of discipline.

Last edited:
LadyApple

LadyApple

We just want to go home early.
Feb 17, 2020
Online dating is trash. Avoid it. You'll be scraping the bottom of the barrel of what humanity has to offer. Top tier women don't need apps to meet men. When they go on apps, it's for validation purposes or to acquire new customers for their camshow, onlyfans, etc.
Couldn't agree more with what you said about the bottom humanity right there.

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
Top tier women don't need apps to meet men. When they go on apps, it's for validation purposes
The same with top tier men on dating apps, and the rest want cam sex or to have a pair of ears to listen to their narcissist monologues.

V

Varstraben

Student
May 25, 2020
Yes I'm familiar with how being shy in my case results in being misunderstood because of how I'm doing things people don't realize is due to shyness. So I can sympathize with you. At least you realize what is causing it and can maybe find other ways of communicating but I realize it's not easy to do. It takes a lot of discipline.
Using another ways of communication with people that I could meet in real is dangerous, take care of what I write is easy, but with oral communication I don't have the time to process if I'm acting creepy or not, so I don't hide myself when I write too. It's like a filter, maybe a too much efficient filter because I don't meet anyone in around 3 month of try, but if it happen one day the person will be aware that I can make unexpected dark jokes involuntary and she will not be surprised or scared.

Reactions: signifying nothing and Meditation guide
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
if it happen one day the person will be aware that I can make unexpected dark jokes involuntary and she will not be surprised or scared.
Women on dating apps are exposed (literally sometimes) to so many real creeps they can't tell you from them.
No woman is going to hear something creepy from a man on a dating app and say to herself "oh he's just socially awkward and only sounds creepy because he's not used to talking to people".

Reactions: StringPuppet and Varstraben
Fehler

Fehler

Oct 12, 2020
At the beginning of the month I thought I would give one of these apps a chance to see if someone like me who has never had a partner could change with one. But as many say, it would be a waste of time for that person and if at the end of the day I just ctb, what use would it be to leave one person more damaged?
I'm glad you connected with someone; If you are not in a hurry for ctb I gave it a chance, who knows if you see things in a different way and end up changing for the better.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: searchingfreedom, MrBlue and livefreeorpeace
livefreeorpeace

livefreeorpeace

Jun 14, 2020
Women on dating apps are exposed (literally sometimes) to so many real creeps they can't tell you from them.
No woman is going to hear something creepy from a man on a dating app and say to herself "oh he's just socially awkward and only sounds creepy because he's not used to talking to people".

At the beginning of the month I thought I would give one of these apps a chance to see if someone like me who has never had a partner could change with one. But as many say, it would be a waste of time for that person and if at the end of the day I just ctb, what use would it be to leave one person more damaged?
I'm glad you connected with someone; If you are not in a hurry for ctb I gave it a chance, who knows if you see things in a different way and end up changing for the better.
Much appreciated, and I take your suggestions seriously. Perhaps I need to give myself a chance, I think that's what this boils down to here.

V

Varstraben

Student
May 25, 2020
yes you are right, so I hope to find another creepy psychopath on these...

Reactions: Meditation guide
livefreeorpeace

livefreeorpeace

Jun 14, 2020
So you speak for all women now?

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
I hope to find another creepy psychopath on these...
You have a good sense of humor, something that is also sorely lacking among people on dating apps.

BitterlyAlive_

BitterlyAlive_

-
Dec 8, 2020
Online dating is trash. Avoid it. You'll be scraping the bottom of the barrel of what humanity has to offer. Top tier women don't need apps to meet men. When they go on apps, it's for validation purposes or to acquire new customers for their camshow, onlyfans, etc.
dd0.png

• Love
Reactions: Maka hiamoe and Varstraben
M

Mthom2

Student
Oct 19, 2020
What the hell is going on here? Am I missing something? Did I really walk into a thread in which someone told another poster to basically mind her betters? Haha. Anyways, I can definitely see why the initial offense was taken. A backhanded slight towards women was issued. Make no mistake, we are aware of some men's opinions of women when they struggle with finding one.

Reactions: less than and Meditation guide
livefreeorpeace

livefreeorpeace

Jun 14, 2020
What the hell is going on here? Am I missing something? Did I really walk into a thread in which someone told another poster to basically mind her betters? Haha. Anyways, I can definitely see why the initial offense was taken. A backhanded slight towards women was issued. Make no mistake, we are aware of some men's opinions of women when they struggle with finding one.
Your reading comprehension needs work.
Not to mention, why are you running cover for this racist anyhow?

Last edited:
M

Mthom2

Student
Oct 19, 2020
Hmm, odd. I haven't seen any indication of racism. Just a lot of sexism.

Reactions: Meditation guide
livefreeorpeace

livefreeorpeace

Jun 14, 2020
Correct me if I'm wrong but intentionally starting a flame war on someone's thread as against the rules isn't it?
I'm sorry (and disappointed) you took it that way, had I been talking to female I would have used 'men' in place of 'women'. But in this example I was talking to a dude so that's why 'women' was used. Additionally, I created this thread out of a place of empathy for others, you are attempting to hijack it for selfish reasons, that is what is truly offensive. I'd like this thread to be about how our ideation affects others (in the dating world in particular) you just want to make it about yourself. That's selfish, and if you don't owe me and apology, you certainly owe one to whoever else has participated in this thread. This is a serious subject and should be treated as such. Cheers. And hey, I understand that this is a suicide fourm, but perhaps you think about someone other than yourself for a change.
Perhaps you missed this one, again reading comprehension needs work.

Last edited:
greyhound

greyhound

Arcanist
Oct 8, 2020
You're reading comprehension needs work.

Not to mention, why are you running cover for this racist anyhow?

Ok Mr. High Verbal IQ, good job using "you're" incorrectly there.

• Aww..
Reactions: livefreeorpeace
livefreeorpeace

livefreeorpeace

Jun 14, 2020
Meh mistakes happen, fat fingered that one. Fixed now, and if you were paying attention you would have noticed it was a one off anyhow. Nice cherry picking clown shoes.
And coming from the guy who's never met punctuation he would actually use, that one's rich.
I never said that men do not do the equivalent thing on dating sites. In fact quite the contrary, just so we're all clear here.

Last edited:
greyhound

greyhound

Arcanist
Oct 8, 2020
Meh mistakes happen, fat fingered that one. Fixed now, and if you were paying attention you would have noticed it was a one off anyhow. Nice cherry picking clown shoes.

And coming from the guy who's never met punctuation he would actually use, that one's rich.
I never said that men do not do the equivalent thing on dating sites. In fact quite the contrary, just so we're all clear here.

Please, please don't CTB. The gene pool forever be missing your High IQ alleles. You must online date and impregnate many women for the benefit of humanity.

• Love
Reactions: Meditation guide and Maka hiamoe
livefreeorpeace

livefreeorpeace

Jun 14, 2020
Super edgy bro, good job. Scientific racism is a bit old hat but if that's what works for you, hey why not?

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
The ambience here is sublime. I thought this would be appropriate for this discussion.

Dating sites are interesting. I have heard people complaining about them a lot.

livefreeorpeace

livefreeorpeace

Jun 14, 2020
I'm too ugly to try one of the

I'm too ugly to try one of these apps
I believe you are overestimating the average attractiveness of folks who populate those sites. Although I lack the data to prove that to you, so I won't assert it as a fact.
The ambience here is sublime. I thought this would be appropriate for this discussion.

Dating sites are interesting. I have heard people complaining about them a lot.

And who do we have to thank for that? And no one cares that you have heard 'a lot of people' complain about those sites, it's anecdotal, and therefore irrelevant.
When I don't know how to approach someone I use a lot of dark humor to reassure myself, but I look more like a creepy psychopath stalker than a potential good relationship at these moments, stress mixed by dark humor (sometime accidental) or absurd scenario sound scary for some people.
Sounds like a self-fulfilling prophecy to me. And 'meditation guide' is simply confirming your biases, that won't serve you well in my estimation. I wouldn't let that clown serve as a filter bubble, you'll find yourself in an echo chamber, as you did.

Last edited:
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
And no one cares that you have heard 'a lot of people' complain about those sites, it's anecdotal, and therefore irrelevant.
Happy holidays, have a great time today and tomorrow! Sending you hugs.

• Love
Reactions: Maka hiamoe
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
OP, firstly I would highly recommend if somebody is upsetting you or behaving inappropriately you report the posts. The mods do read, and they will help out. That said this thread was a great read lol.

As far as what you said in the original post I don't think one should live as if they are dead just because they think about suicide. It should not exclude you from looking for a career, or seeking out relationships. I would keep that information to myself while dating however since it will only lead to trouble, but having a dark sense of humor or dark thoughts should not exclude you from a relationship. depression and suicidal ideation does not necessarily mean we will make bad partners, or not be emotionally receptive to our partner. Give yourself a chance.

• Hugs
Reactions: less than, Fehler, Apathy's Girl and 1 other person
Status
Not open for further replies.