• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

CuriosityAndCat

CuriosityAndCat

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.
Nov 2, 2023
I've had an increase in flashbacks and nightmares. I've fallen back into severe avoidant coping. It's getting worse, affecting my sleep, and I'm struggling to break out of it. What are suggested methods or ones that worked for you?
Thanks in advance 🙂

MundaneMoths

MundaneMoths

Mar 9, 2024
I've had an increase in flashbacks and nightmares. I've fallen back into severe avoidant coping. It's getting worse, affecting my sleep, and I'm struggling to break out of it. What are suggested methods or ones that worked for you?
Thanks in advance 🙂
What you can do depends a lot on your worldview and state of mind. I try and think about taking care of myself in the present as an act of charity to my future self, like turning myself into an abstraction might help prevent some of my usual self-destructive habits. Even completing one simple task, or saying no to that drink, as an act of "charity" can snowball into building better habits.

Reactions: CuriosityAndCat
CuriosityAndCat

CuriosityAndCat

Nov 2, 2023
What you can do depends a lot on your worldview and state of mind. I try and think about taking care of myself in the present as an act of charity to my future self, like turning myself into an abstraction might help prevent some of my usual self-destructive habits. Even completing one simple task, or saying no to that drink, as an act of "charity" can snowball into building better habits.
Thank you. Let me try that. Abstract future self as someone I'm actively helping.

• Love
Reactions: MundaneMoths
CuriosityAndCat

CuriosityAndCat

Nov 2, 2023
Made some headway with this technique. Thank you

• Love
Reactions: MundaneMoths