• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Coping Wizard

Coping Wizard

Sep 15, 2020
>Google
Imagine not using DuckDuckGo

But in all seriousness this is actually pretty scary because the USA and other western countries such as Canada will especially think about censoring SanctionedSuicide because it isn't with their political beliefs or behaviours or that this site, "IsN't PrOgReSsIvE!!!!!!!!!!!"

E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
Wait, so does that mean that you can't access SS at all in germany from a google search engine?
So it's basically darkweb content there now?
How can such censorship be justified? I would expect this from an authoritarian, anti-freedom of information country like china, but not germany.

I think we can expect that most other countries will follow suit.
It's just a matter of time.
What will people do without SS?

Borghesia

Borghesia

mors certa, hora incerta
Jan 5, 2019
Wait, so does that mean that you can't access SS at all in germany from a google search engine?
So it's basically darkweb content there now?
I usually associate "darkweb content" with the Tor browser, inaccessible through any normal browser. This isn't the case here. From what I can tell any direct link to "sanctionedsuicide.com" has been removed, but there's still plenty of cross-reference results (other websites mentioning the URL). Also the URL hasn't been blocked by any ISP afaik and is still accessible through any clearweb browser. Germany isn't worse in the censorship regard than, say, the US https://transparencyreport.google.com/government-removals/overview

That's not to say I support the removal, but it's not as bad as one might think.

B

BeBraveBrother

Student
Sep 5, 2020
I'm from germany and I never found SS in the clearnet within the last years although my research for methods was quite extensive.
It was just around 2 weeks ago when I used TOR with duckgo browser.

To the administrators of this website: The highest federal constitutional court in germany ruled in February this year that the former law that prohibited assisted suicide is unconstitutional. This means: Everyone in germany who is clear of mind has a right to use assistance for suicidal acts! This is maybe the most liberal judgment on that topic in the world. I hope that might help a bit.
20200918 024415 Screenshot 20200918 024201 Chrome
The article is wrong at one point: The court didn't judge that only terminally or gravely ill persons may use assited suicide. It explained that the right to use assistance for suicide is independent of that.
Screenshot 20200918 025139 Chrome
Another article on that topic.

Last edited:
Lone_Gray_Wolf

Lone_Gray_Wolf

Fate plays chess with 2 queens
Aug 21, 2020
There are always proxies, VPNs and Tor. This site consists of smart people so I believe they have no trouble bypassing these dumb-ass restrictions.
Obviously getting through or around those restrictions isn't hard at all; but those who just may be looking for information in Germany may not get this website; and therefore choice more violent or ineffective ways to ctb. Like how many came here asking about a pill cocktail?. And we all now that you can't just pick your old gradma pills with ibuprofen and expect it to work. This website is good on avoiding those most likely to fail attempts.

grungeCat

grungeCat

Awkward & weird
Jul 5, 2020
Obviously getting through or around those restrictions isn't hard at all; but those who just may be looking for information in Germany may not get this website; and therefore choice more violent or ineffective ways to ctb. Like how many came here asking about a pill cocktail?. And we all now that you can't just pick your old gradma pills with ibuprofen and expect it to work. This website is good on avoiding those most likely to fail attempts.
Oh you're right, yeah, I should have considered this as well. Sorry for being dumb, but I can't do much about it xD

less than

less than

not important
Jul 25, 2019
I'm from germany and I never found SS in the clearnet within the last years although my research for methods was quite extensive.
It was just around 2 weeks ago when I used TOR with duckgo browser.

To the administrators of this website: The highest federal constitutional court in germany ruled in February this year that the former law that prohibited assisted suicide is unconstitutional. This means: Everyone in germany who is clear of mind has a right to use assistance for suicidal acts! This is maybe the most liberal judgment on that topic in the world. I hope that might help a bit.
View attachment 44898View attachment 44899
The article is wrong at one point: The court didn't judge that only terminally or gravely ill persons may use assited suicide. It explained that the right to use assistance for suicide is independent of that.
View attachment 44900
Another article on that topic.

Unfortunately, the ruling is currently of no use to anyone in Germany, even not for seriously ill people in extremely exceptional situations. The Federal Ministry of Health generally rejects all applications to acquire N to suicide without checking this on a case-by-case basis. So even terminal ill people from Germany which are looking for assisted suicide, currently they have to go to Switzerland or the Netherlands.

Alec

Alec

Wizard
Apr 22, 2019
I've seen several pages on the internet, those type of sites that ask for people's petition to end websites and such, SS is there right next to 13 reasons why.
Jesus fuck! 13 Reasons Why has helped me so much, far more than any of those people could have ever hoped to help me! And this site has helped me in countless ways! Why are these people trying to take away the only things that help us away from us?!

not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
I think people hate us

I honestly don't give a shit what they think of us. :angry: They have probably never even read the stories of why people want to end their misery.
Many have had it worse than I have. I don't need to give them a reason why I choose to end it. It's none of their business.
It wasn't my choice to be brought into this fucked up world but it is my choice to end it.
I did see the signature counts. One a little over 8,000 the other a little over 7,000. That isn't very many. Some have actually found S.S. because of them.
They seem to have missed that we don't encourage anyone to CTB. There is a recovery section as well. If someone decides not to CTB. They are supported as well.
Even if they could get this site shut down there will be more. Or instead of a more peaceful method I guess they would prefer to see body parts splattered all over the place.

Also ... the first petition has been up for at least 2 years.

Last edited:
raindrops

raindrops

Someday, eventually
Mar 29, 2020
I'm so thankful for this site, not one bad thing about it. I really am grateful. So sad to hear its illegal in some places.

I remember calling a suicide hotline it was the worst thing ever...
Hate to judge but she had this ridiculous posh accent, then her other phone started ringing in the background, she was all on edge like she couldn't wait to hang up on me, she seemed rushed, telling me things that I'm going through happen to people all the time and it will all be okay one day, well maybe she's right but what you want is comfort, someone to listen, someone to communicate with you not just give mediocre advice, you know someone to at least try bring your spirit up.
Another one I called well she laughed at me! like I was some crying schoolgirl, telling me I'm young, life ahead of me all that bs.

Thank god for this site, because those hotlines could make someone act on impulse, possibly fail an attempt ending up in a worse situation.
At least here you can research, rant, share your story or have real conversation some of us are in search for.
Thank you again, I hope this site never goes down.

T

Trayus

Oct 3, 2020
Yeah these attempts at censorship just want to get rid of the problem - out of sight out of mind.

This site has made me feel much more relieved than any kind of professional attention i received in germany. It feels nice to have some measure of positivity in my final weeks

S

Sk1n1M1n

Experienced
Jan 29, 2020
But the thing there's no way of checking the age of people that visit this site, a thirteen year old can easily add five or six years on to their real date of birth and they are members and view the content.

ManWithNoName

ManWithNoName

Enlightened
Feb 2, 2019
I remember calling a suicide hotline it was the worst thing ever...
Hate to judge but she had this ridiculous posh accent, then her other phone started ringing in the background, she was all on edge like she couldn't wait to hang up on me, she seemed rushed, telling me things that I'm going through happen to people all the time and it will all be okay one day, well maybe [...]
Another one I called well she laughed at me! like I was some crying schoolgirl, telling me I'm young, life ahead of me all that bs.
I've never called a hotline, but this certainly sounds like the typical scenario that one would experience with useless, could-care-less bureaucrats. At the least they are a waste of time, and in the worse case they simply trace your phone and apprehend you, declare you a threat to yourself and forcibly make you a ward of the state—and at the risk of coming across paranoid and entertaining conspiracy, who knows what could happen: become subjected to all kinds of scientific experiments, etc... I'm not saying that definitely will happen, but rather I think it is not good to seek help from governmental agencies. They are entities that could care less about anyone.

Last edited:
L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
But the thing there's no way of checking the age of people that visit this site, a thirteen year old can easily add five or six years on to their real date of birth and they are members and view the content.

Most kids don't have the money for N - and the child suicides I have heard of have involved hanging - usually in a room in their own home - which is a grisly way to go, but if you are desperate you take any route.

Reactions: Gnip

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018
Hate to judge but she had this ridiculous posh accent, then her other phone started ringing in the background, she was all on edge like she couldn't wait to hang up on me, she seemed rushed, telling me things that I'm going through happen to people all the time and it will all be okay one day, well maybe she's right but what you want is comfort, someone to listen, someone to communicate with you not just give mediocre advice, you know someone to at least try bring your spirit up.
If such a situation was recreated in a comedy show, it would recieve my genuine laughter. How much strangers they have to talk with (out) during their shift? How one is supposed to care about a bunch of strangers they don't even know, which have no impact on one's life, even so with severely limited amount of time for each stranger? Seriously, I'd rather reach out to some random person on the street.

C

checkouttime

Visionary
Jul 15, 2020

they could sign up to sites on the dark web. with alot more unsavoury characters and no policing like on this site. their's a whole different world out there that they would be even worse off in than a site that actual checks content and moderates.

if the parents actually checked what the children are looking at might be a good place to start, and better still why they are looking at it.

B

BeBraveBrother

Student
Sep 5, 2020
they could sign up to sites on the dark web. with alot more unsavoury characters and no policing like on this site. their's a whole different world out there that they would be even worse off in than a site that actual checks content and moderates.

if the parents actually checked what the children are looking at might be a good place to start, and better still why they are looking at it.

Yeah, I do have the same opinion. Parents are responsible for their children. We can't destroy our fundemantal liberties because some parents are careless. I also doubt that a child from a good familiy with a normal life would get suck here that long. The www Offers much more entertainment for an average in bloom teenager than a forum about ending ones lifes.
If the government wants more responsibility it should allow aduldts to end their lifes with humane means and methods such as N. Any adult clear of mind should be able to buy a single dose for himself after a nonbinding psychological counsling. The giving out of the medication should be registered at I.e. the pharmacy. If the Person aiming to use N would than decide to not use ut he or she should have to give it back within 48 hours. Thats how a misuse for other persons could be prevented.

Last edited:
C

checkouttime

Visionary
Jul 15, 2020
Yeah, I do have the same opinion. Parents are responsible for their children. We can't destroy our fundemantal liberties because some parents are careless. I also doubt that a child from a good familiy with a normal life would get suck here that long. The www Offers much more entertainment for an average in bloom teenager than a forum about ending ones lifes.
If the government wants more responsibility it should allow aduldts to end their lifes with humane means and methods such as N. Any adult clear of mind should be able to buy a single dose for himself after a nonbinding psychological counsling. The giving out of the medication should be registered at I.e. the pharmacy. If the Person aiming to use N would than decide to not use ut he or she should have to give it back within 48 hours. Thats how a misuse for other persons could be prevented.

I imagine all the illegal drugs sold on the dark web, have caused a hell of alot more deaths compared to people that have actually CTB from reading methods on here. i bet they don't bother with that though. Its just a half arsed attempt to 'save' who ever takes their fancy. if they were going to save everyone and make everything better it might be different. but we all know that isn't possible (apart from the fact, some people don't want to be saved). just a half arsed attempt with no real decent intentions apart from a quick ego boost for themselves.

W

Willdieby30

recently unbanned
Aug 21, 2018
i made a post about the site not loading on a swiss airlines flight, it is possible that the could also be the case switzerland