• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Sanctioned Suicide

Sanctioned Suicide

-
Mar 17, 2018
Our site's search results have been completely removed for German users for being "illegal" (citation needed) and we were never notified about it. I had to go look for myself on Germany search results and I didn't see the website when I searched it.

Upon further investigation, I stumbled upon a thread here that referred to a site being illegal and it is from the search results, but it didn't mention a URL or name of the website. We now know that it is referring to our website and we will be contacting Google inquiring about this. A notification is the least they could do if you're going to block an entire countries population from viewing a website, a first world country at that. It also seems that the website was removed under the guise of it being "for the children" as it references in the complaint that our site was illegal according to "German Youth Law"

Germany seems to be the only country that has taken this course of action. I just wanted to let you all know that this has been confirmed by myself.

Sincerely,
Marquis

sadworld

sadworld

existence is a nightmare
Aug 25, 2020
Im from germany and if i use a normal clearnet browser i cant find the site but if i use tor browser it still shows up as search result.

Edit: But I think i connect from another country when using tor so thats prob why

Last edited:
G

GlowingCactus

Student
Oct 19, 2018
Im from germany and if i use a normal clearnet browser i cant find the site but if i use tor browser it still shows up as search result.

Edit: But I think i connect from another country when using tor so thats prob why

I'm not from Germany. I tried searching "sanctioned suicide" in the Tor Browser, both with duckduckgo and google. Each time I made sure I had an exit node from Germany. The website was found in both cases.

Lost in a Dream

Lost in a Dream

He/him - Metal head
Feb 22, 2020
So instead of actually trying to help the citizens that are like us, Germany has decided to bury SS so it can't be found. All that's going to accomplish is causing people to use unreliable methods and survive them because they aren't aware of anything better. I also imagine that other sites similar to this that contain information will eventually be censored as well.

It pisses me off, that's for sure and makes me glad I don't currently live in Germany, but if other countries start doing it, then it might not even matter.

Bärchen

Bärchen

Distracting myself through Life
Apr 7, 2019
Thanks for informing us. I didn't expect this type of censorship from germany.
Censorship is coming back here big time.
My guess is the suiciderate is getting pretty high here cause of the corona measurments. The governemnt doesnt tell numbers for whatever reason. But people looked up why medics and fire departements have to hesd out and suicide is or attempt is higher when the years before.

BipolarGuy

BipolarGuy

Enlightened
Aug 6, 2020
Sad to know everyone that tries to shut down ss won't even hear us out to figure out a better way to help us, just keep posting a phone number to pretend they care

I don't know the history or politics of this website because I haven't been using this website for long, and quite honestly I'm not interested, but it's the same old story.

Society finds suicide sad, tragic and horrible (which it is).
But rather than do something about the reasons why people feel that way, the cart is put before the horse.

_Minsk

_Minsk

death: the cure for life
Dec 9, 2019
Our site's search results have been completely removed for German users for being "illegal" (citation needed) and we were never notified about it. I had to go look for myself on Germany search results and I didn't see the website when I searched it.

Upon further investigation, I stumbled upon a thread here that referred to a site being illegal and it is from the search results, but it didn't mention a URL or name of the website. We now know that it is referring to our website and we will be contacting Google inquiring about this. A notification is the least they could do if you're going to block an entire countries population from viewing a website, a first world country at that. It also seems that the website was removed under the guise of it being "for the children" as it references in the complaint that our site was illegal according to "German Youth Law"

Germany seems to be the only country that has taken this course of action. I just wanted to let you all know that this has been confirmed by myself.

Sincerely,
Marquis
May 28, 2020 was the date i couldn't find it in the search results anymore (spygle), its sad:(

Last edited:
RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
I'm not surprised, Germany is a very regressive country when it comes to basic human rights. Like, there is no assisted suicide in Germany, that means, if you're seriously suffering, they will let you suffer in pain and agony until you die. I just recently watched a Documentary about this issue, even if you're paralyzed from neck to feet and you have no will to continue your life, you're still not allowed to die because they criminalized assisted suicide, that means doctors can't provide relief even if they wanted to. But the highest court in Germany has actually ruled in favor of assisted suicide just recently, so I'm asking myself, why are they still pretending that we don't have a right to die?

Like, this was literally legally settled not long ago:

SipSop

SipSop

Arcanist
May 7, 2020

Sincerely,
Marquis
Such hyprocrisy.
They can cancel anything as long as they pretend is "for the children".

T

TheQ22

Enlightened
Aug 17, 2020
Google brought out a new filter called "Your Money or Your Life" YMYL that targets pages/sites that could impact " the future happiness, health, financial stability, or safety of users ".

They basically remove anything giving financial, health, wellbeing etc advice if the site cannot be verified as giving professional advice because the owner is an appropriately qualified expert, or if they deem it harmful.

It's very ambiguous language - basically some person in silicon valley or wherever decides this site is right or wrong based on their own subjective thought processes (and they are probably not a qualified expert in these topics and are deciding based on their own morality), they then remove the site / pages, and there is no defined process to appeal.

It's censorship as is found on YT, twitter, Fb, etc on the web.

Really, since they own the search engine they can do what they like. I don't think they are specifically coming after SS, we've just fallen into the orbit of their new ideology.

Zhontafly

Zhontafly

Student
Jul 16, 2020
Let Germany know they will NEVER be forgiven and it will NEVER be forgotten what they did under their lovely socially clean and upright (sarcasm) Nazi rulership! And how about youre taking part in the middle east wars started by the impeccable USA?

You want a way out of that Germany? I and others sincerely ask you, have you considered suicide?

H

HadEnough1974

I try to be funny...
Jan 14, 2020
Gone are the good old days when Germany would assist you with your suicide, especially if you were Jewish, a homosexual or any other "undesirable".

They even setup "camps" for for those who were waiting in line.

- sarcasm at its finest!! You're welcome.

Last edited:
chrijo

chrijo

done
Feb 8, 2019
Not a big surprise, only that it took so long is strange...

Google Germany has never been usable before, there is a lot of censorship even though the German constitution says "censorship does not take place".

You have to look at cut-uncut comparisons in movies or games, you laugh your ass off :D

G

GoneGoneGone

Enlightened
Apr 1, 2020
Good ol Germans... As if there isn't a one-hour train delay pretty much daily somewhere in Germany cause someone jumped in front of the train... This measure will totally prevent suicides. More people at the tracks now than in the comfort of their homes.

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Thanks for letting us know @Marquis. While I'm from the US, this is still unsettling news to hear as censorship of such an important platform for vulnerable people to receive genuine, caring support, is taken away and then replaced with pro-life rhetoric. If Germany could do this, then it could set a bad precedent for other countries and perhaps even in the US. I know that if there were such a thing in the US, it would still go through the supreme court and we have a bill of rights that protects our speech. At any rate, even with such protections, it doesn't take much for some organization or body of power to even (temporarily) censor us and then years of toil and battle in the SCOTUS (Supreme Court of the United States) before an unconstitutional ruling can be delivered.